PSN Summer Sale 2011 starts 7/12 30% - 50% off 11 games

[quote name='MSI Magus']Im tempted to flip my copy of Borderlands to Amazon for $10(grrr why cant it be $15 like the 360 version!)and buy the digital copy for $15.[/QUOTE]I take it you're talking about the GOTY edition right? best Buy is giving $16 for the ps3 version right now.

Dead Space Extraction (probably), and PixelJunk Shooter 2 (100%) are great deals!

Maybe to Pacman (I have the non DX version on my 360 twice), and Hard Corps is a maybe as well...

Sweet. I just activated my Plus last week. So I'll be getting Back to the Future for sure. And for under $10, that's awesome!

[quote name='Brother Daz']I take it you're talking about the GOTY edition right? best Buy is giving $16 for the ps3 version right now.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm never traded things in at best buy. Is this in store or online?

Back to the Future is a steal at 10 dollars people. 13 even. I consider the 20 I paid a bargain for the quality amount of work they put into the series.

I'm definitely buying Back to the Future! I've been waiting for it to come out at a great price. I just hope my free PS Plus subscription doesn't end by the time the sale goes on sale.

Also, I'm a little worried guys. I always prefer physical copies of course and I prefer playing video games on my 360 which is why I'm worried about buying BttF on PS3 only to see it show up on Xbox 360 (and or on disc). >___> TellTale games made an announcement last month or so about releasing games for 360 but they weren't clear what games they were going to release.

What do you guys think?

Darn you PSN for making me buy Shank for .11 more a few days ago! I didn't think it'd be sub 5 so quick. Fun game.

Guess I'll be throwing more money at them for Pac Man, PixelJunk Shooter 2, and Scott Pilgrim with the extra savings from PS+.

[quote name='Escobar4Life']I'm definitely buying Back to the Future! I've been waiting for it to come out at a great price. I just hope my free PS Plus subscription doesn't end by the time the sale goes on sale.

Also, I'm a little worried guys. I always prefer physical copies of course and I prefer playing video games on my 360 which is why I'm worried about buying BttF on PS3 only to see it show up on Xbox 360 (and or on disc). >___> TellTale games made an announcement last month or so about releasing games for 360 but they weren't clear what games they were going to release.

What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

Well, I prefer physical discs too. If you can get it at 10 bucks with plus, don't even think twice, even if it's eventually ported or brought to disc.

PC Gamers that bought the set are later being set a disc set of the game, wish they'd do that for PS3 gamers. Who knows, maybe they'll reward us later with a disc release if we can prove we paid for it. All I know is I'm all about a physical set for either PS3 or 360 should it come.

In for Hard Corps Uprising and maybe Chime Super Deluxe. Pac-Man CE DX is unfathomably awesome and I really recommend it to anyone even remotely interested.

[quote name='ijustw1n']Any opinions on risk:factions? I love risk but know nothing about this game.[/QUOTE]

I'm a huge fan of the PS2 version of Risk with all of its seriousness and pomp, so when I played the demo of Risk: Factions it was kind of a hard switch because of the cartoony style and more bland version of Classic Risk. From what I recall (which isn't much) the biggest differences are several maps (all nonsense borders and territories), the ability to get bonus troops and other perks by meeting various objectives, territories with special functions, and, of course, online play.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Well, I prefer physical discs too. If you can get it at 10 bucks with plus, don't even think twice, even if it's eventually ported or brought to disc.

PC Gamers that bought the set are later being set a disc set of the game, wish they'd do that for PS3 gamers. Who knows, maybe they'll reward us later with a disc release if we can prove we paid for it. All I know is I'm all about a physical set for either PS3 or 360 should it come.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully but it might be too expensive for them considering it'll be on blu-ray discs.

If the games are digital only then I don't mind but I already knew about the PC gamers getting a physical copy. Thing is, I don't like playing games on PC lol. I'll probably just buy it for PS3 I suppose. Not that there's anything wrong with that of course.

[quote name='Escobar4Life']Hopefully but it might be too expensive for them considering it'll be on blu-ray discs.

If the games are digital only then I don't mind but I already knew about the PC gamers getting a physical copy. Thing is, I don't like playing games on PC lol. I'll probably just buy it for PS3 I suppose. Not that there's anything wrong with that of course.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sounds less likely for a blu-ray release then. Maybe it'll be a compliation for 360 or even later for PS3 with other stuff thrown on.

Anyway, you're going to love it. It's heavy awesome. :cool:

I'm thinking about picking up Scott Pilgrim, but can anyone tell me whether the other people playing local co-op can earn trophies? I haven't played any local co-op games on my PS3 but I remember reading since the PS3 logs in users by system rather than by controller like the 360 that it's not natively supported and the games have to support the feature independently. Does anyone know if Scott Pilgrim supports multiple users earning trophies? If not, I'll probably just wait and get it on 360 when there's a deal.

I was kinda bummed when I saw the price went back up for Shank, but now this more than makes up for it. I'll most likely get the Scott Pilgrim game too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does regualr edition of Dead Space 2 include copy of extraction on the disc?

If not I'll get the PSN version; and remove the collectors edition still sitting in my cart on amazon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[quote name='cheapnpoor']Does regualr edition of Dead Space 2 include copy of extraction on the disc?

If not I'll get the PSN version; and remove the collectors edition still sitting in my cart on amazon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]
It's supposed to be a "limited edition" with, I think, later versions to carry only a demo. That might be when it goes Greatest Hits though, not sure.

[quote name='SDC']Seriously debating BttF, HardCorps, and PacMan[/QUOTE]
These are the three I am thinking about too. I know BttF is cheap, but has anyone played it? I am pretty definite on getting the other two.

In for BTTF, PJ Shooter 2, Swarm, probably Dead Space Extraction and possibly About a Blob (need to re-check that demo).
I knew I wanted Dead Space Extraction and was considering getting DS2 on the PS3 for it. But since I can borrow a 360 copy from a friend, I might just go this route instead.

FWIW, Swarm and Shank are still 1200 point ($15) games on XBLA, making those deals even better.

Thanks much OP!

Certainly in for PixelJunk Shooter 2, Tales from Space: About A Blob, and Dead Space: Extraction. Everything else I either have on XBLA (everything except Swarm) or Steam (BttF).

been waiting for BttF to go on sale since it came out... It will be mine... Oh yes it will be

Dammit, now I'm going to have to get a $50 PSN card to get some of these.

Since I accidently bought Dead Space Ignition last week thinking it was Extraction (why you shouldn't make rash PSN purchases while half awake) for $2.50, I can kinda of make-up for that at least with this sale.

My disc based game back-log may have to take a back seat for a while.

Thoughts on these?

PixelJunk Shooter 2 (Sale price $6.99; Plus price $4.89; Regular price $9.99)
Shank (Sale price $6.99; Plus price $4.89; Regular price $9.99)
Swarm (Sale price $6.99; Plus price $4.89; Regular price $9.99)
Tales from Space: About a Blob (Sale price $10.49; Plus price $7.34; Regular price $14.99)

Aw darn it, going to have to buy Scott Pilgrim again after I already bought it for the 360 since only on the PS3 I have multiple controllers. But for 5 bucks I can't complain.

Pac-man as well. :D

[quote name='gravel']These are the three I am thinking about too. I know BttF is cheap, but has anyone played it? I am pretty definite on getting the other two.[/QUOTE]
Personally, I loved it. If you're a fan of the movies, there's enough content to keep you entertained and laughing. The guy doing Marty's voice is spot-on. It's a little tough at times, but the hint system works well and it's not terribly bad. Each episode is probably 2 hours if you play straight through, longer if you look around and play with everything.

The demo for the first episode is up to sample it. I thought the first two were the best, but it's not a huge drop off in quality. Worth it at $20, a no-brained at half that.

That said, I'm still selling a $50 PSN card for $44 PP. ;)

Wow! So freaking excited to use my WB Plus trial to get BttF for $9.79! Been wanting to pick this up for awhile, and was disappointed that it wasn't a part of the Telltale sale. But getting the entire series for under $10 is amazing!

I'm def. in for BttF for $10 (I'll deal with my issues regarding the controls just because Telltale games do have great storylines). I am also in for PJ Shooter 2, I haven't played any PJ games, but I'll bite on this one for sub $5.

[quote name='ShadyAve']Scott pilgrim
Shank
That free 30 days of psn plus is going to help.:D[/QUOTE]

Those are exactly the games I want. My free month expires two days after the sale. Thank god for a sale and thank god this terrible free month of ps plus sucked so I wasn't convinced into buying it lol.

Back to the Future for sure (even better because I didn't redeem my free PS+ month until a few days ago)...I really liked the Scott Pilgrim demo, but never got the full game. At under $5 it definitely looks like an impulse buy.

[quote name='hoofrog']http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/07/07/psn-summer-sale-2011-30-off-11-games/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=PSNSummerSale_070711

Swarm (Sale price $6.99; Plus price $4.89; Regular price $9.99)[/QUOTE]

This price for Swarm is wrong. I know it says that on the PS Blog but I just downloaded the Swarm Demo to check out the game and I noticed that the full game is priced at $14.99.

Now as for my picks, I'm getting Risk, probably going to get Shooter 2 and Pac Man, and I'm looking at Back to the Future, Chime, Scott Pilgrim, Swarm, and About a Blob. Aside from Swarm I don't even know how any of these games play, but that's why I just downloaded all their demos.

I am also curious to know just what is Hard Corps about and how does it play? I'm curious about it because I've heard it mentioned over and over again, but I literally know nothing actually about it. It doesn't have a demo so I may have to wind up skipping it.

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']This price for Swarm is wrong. I know it says that on the PS Blog but I just downloaded the Swarm Demo to check out the game and I noticed that the full game is priced at $14.99.

Now as for my picks, I'm getting Risk, probably going to get Shooter 2 and Pac Man, and I'm looking at Back to the Future, Chime, Scott Pilgrim, Swarm, and About a Blob. Aside from Swarm I don't even know how any of these games play, but that's why I just downloaded all their demos.

I am also curious to know just what is Hard Corps about and how does it play? I'm curious about it because I've heard it mentioned over and over again, but I literally know nothing actually about it. It doesn't have a demo so I may have to wind up skipping it.[/QUOTE]

If you love Contra from NES days I wouldn't miss out on Hard Corps. I have been waiting since release for it go on sale.

This is too good to pass up!

Have they specifically mentioned this being an all-at-once sale, because that's what everyone is regarding it as, but I kind of figured they'd do a couple of games every week for a while.

[quote name='kingtopher']Have they specifically mentioned this being an all-at-once sale, because that's what everyone is regarding it as, but I kind of figured they'd do a couple of games every week for a while.[/QUOTE]

Click the link to the PS Blog. :)

"For one week only, escape the heat and humidity with big discounts on titles that will entertain you all summer long. Check out the full list of PS3 games that are part of this year’s PSN Summer Sale:"

"Don’t hesitate because this limited-time offer melts on July 19th, and the games will return to full price. Head on over to the PlayStation Store on Tuesday and take advantage of this season’s best deals!"

I always wonder why Sony don't put sales up like this regularly. I imagine they're getting tons more sales than they would otherwise and thus devs are getting more $$$ in their pocket. Steam does it all the time to good success, hopefully Sony will too.

bread's done
Back