PSN Summer Sale 2011 starts 7/12 30% - 50% off 11 games

[quote name='ssjmichael']Go with the 1 year, it'll be worth it. Not sure if it's still valid, but they were giving a bonus 3 months recently too, making it just $3.33 a month[/QUOTE]

My problem with the one year is most times in the past when they had sales, I wanted only one or two of the games. In a year I would buy about 5 games total so the year deal would be a bit of a gamble. Also none of the free games appeal to me except ones I already bought. My concern is that some time next year, the cost of psn+ will still be greater than the discounts and that might lead to me buying random stuff I don't really want just to cover the difference.

People don't want to pay for Plus because they're scared it won't be worth it and then they whine when Plus gets exclusive games and discounts.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']People don't want to pay for Plus because they're scared it won't be worth it and then they whine when Plus gets exclusive games and discounts.[/QUOTE]

Yep. That description fits me perfectly.

[quote name='Fonz72']I would recommend Pac-man to anyone on the fence! It is such an amazing game, music and graphics are great and it's a blast to play.[/QUOTE]

Agree. Pacman is great!

[quote name='gettinmoney662']People don't want to pay for Plus because they're scared it won't be worth it and then they whine when Plus gets exclusive games and discounts.[/QUOTE]

That is very true. I don't want to waste my money with Plus since there don't seem to be such value. Oh, but I will be mad if I don't get a good sale but Plus does.

I will say this. The June (free) Plus offerings did not encourage me to pay for it. The sale next week would change my mind but too little too late for me.

My PS+ subscription expired on the 7th, but I still have the icon by my avatar, I can't access the games anymore but I can still get discounts. Has this happened to anyone else and how long does it last? Because this will determine if I will get the 4 month psn pass before Monday.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Did you make sure they could hear you crying in the background?[/QUOTE]

You think it would help? LoL

Decided to get the one year sub instead of the 3 month one. Hopefully this 30/50 thing is how it will continue to be.

In case anyone is trying to decide, in both 2010 and 2009 there has been one of the bigger sales at the end of Nov and the 3 month sub will run out just before that. That's the biggest factor in my decision.

[quote name='viksmart']Doesn't Work anymore...... it appears to have been patched.[/QUOTE]

Worked fine for me. Did it yesterday, got all 4 characters leveled up, beat it with Scott Pilgrim today.

A bit off topic: What's the chances of the PixelJunk bundle (not just PixelJunk Shooter 2) going on sale (clearly not part of this sale)? I don't recall ever seeing it on sale, but then again I only just got a PS3 so it's not like I've been following deals until recently.

Think I'll have to pick up Shooter 2, Dead Space Extraction, and possibly Scott Pilgrim. I rather get Scott Pilgrim on the Xbox because I have a ton of more points than PSN money although, I'm not sure if it'll be on sale a second time. I recommend getting Extraction if you don't plan on getting Dead Space 2 Limited Edition (the first run that included Extraction, not the Collector's Edition) any time soon or rather have a copy that doesn't require the Dead Space 2 disc.

[quote name='Ervgotti85']My PS+ subscription expired on the 7th, but I still have the icon by my avatar, I can't access the games anymore but I can still get discounts. Has this happened to anyone else and how long does it last? Because this will determine if I will get the 4 month psn pass before Monday.[/QUOTE]

Yep happen to me but its gone now thank god I put plus on my other accounts late, know I can get them. My thing is are there going to be more summer sales this month like after this weeks sale.

[quote name='Miketheking']Yep happen to me but its gone now thank god I put plus on my other accounts late, know I can get them. My thing is are there going to be more summer sales this month like after this weeks sale.[/QUOTE]

How long before it went away? Also I don't know about summer sales but the PS Blog said Borderlands bundle will be on sale starting the 19th.

[quote name='imacgod']A bit off topic: What's the chances of the PixelJunk bundle (not just PixelJunk Shooter 2) going on sale (clearly not part of this sale)? I don't recall ever seeing it on sale, but then again I only just got a PS3 so it's not like I've been following deals until recently.

Think I'll have to pick up Shooter 2, Dead Space Extraction, and possibly Scott Pilgrim. I rather get Scott Pilgrim on the Xbox because I have a ton of more points than PSN money although, I'm not sure if it'll be on sale a second time. I recommend getting Extraction if you don't plan on getting Dead Space 2 Limited Edition (the first run that included Extraction, not the Collector's Edition) any time soon or rather have a copy that doesn't require the Dead Space 2 disc.[/QUOTE]

The bundle (Monsters, Eden, Shooter) has been on sale in the past. That is when I bought it.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/04/29/playstation-store-update-134/

$10 for the bundle, or $5 individual, and Racer was also $5.

[quote name='lukewin']The bundle (Monsters, Eden, Shooter) has been on sale in the past. That is when I bought it.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/04/29/playstation-store-update-134/

$10 for the bundle, or $5 individual, and Racer was also $5.[/QUOTE]

Guess I should try to hold out for that in the future. Thanks for the info!

Now I kind of wish I bought another PSN card during that Toys R' Us sale. I'm tempted to sign up for PS+ legitimately. And this sale might use up the money I got left on my account.

Ah, damn't I just realized these are PS3 PSN game sales.
DAMN!!, I want PacMan CE DX so bad!!!!
I understand DX is better than the standard version. Which is PSN mini title.

[quote name='imacgod']A bit off topic: What's the chances of the PixelJunk bundle (not just PixelJunk Shooter 2) going on sale (clearly not part of this sale)? I don't recall ever seeing it on sale, but then again I only just got a PS3 so it's not like I've been following deals until recently.

Think I'll have to pick up Shooter 2, Dead Space Extraction, and possibly Scott Pilgrim. I rather get Scott Pilgrim on the Xbox because I have a ton of more points than PSN money although, I'm not sure if it'll be on sale a second time. I recommend getting Extraction if you don't plan on getting Dead Space 2 Limited Edition (the first run that included Extraction, not the Collector's Edition) any time soon or rather have a copy that doesn't require the Dead Space 2 disc.[/QUOTE]

If I can offer some advice, I bought Scott pilgrim on both systems, and while the xbox one actually had 5.1 surround, it was also super glitchy and would randomly freeze several times (this on a xbox slim)

Already have Pacman DX on the Xbox but will be getting it here as well since I think the dpad on the PS3 will be a lot easier to play it with. Fantastic game, don't mind double dipping at all.

Also looking forward to finally getting Pixeljunk Shooter 2, the first game was awesome and this one sounds like it's just as good. :)

:applause:

I feel like if I pay 50 now, it would only encourage me to buy MORE because things are on sale for cheap.

Its brilliant marketing scheme, but in the end, I wouldnt save much money at all. If 50 dollars meant that EVERY game was free, then I would be all over it

[quote name='LordSMVS']My problem with the one year is most times in the past when they had sales, I wanted only one or two of the games. In a year I would buy about 5 games total so the year deal would be a bit of a gamble. Also none of the free games appeal to me except ones I already bought. My concern is that some time next year, the cost of psn+ will still be greater than the discounts and that might lead to me buying random stuff I don't really want just to cover the difference.[/QUOTE]

I've had probably half the free games already (Bomberman being the latest), but it was still well worth it for me. They came through with a couple of biggies in the Sam & Max series and, in particular, Stacking. That one was great because it was brand new and free - thus there was no way anyone already had it! I hope they do more of that in the future, though I think that has been the only time so far in a year of PS+.

But combine that with a few discounts that I have jumped on (eg, $5 more for Borderlands next week) it has definitely been worth it. And I would say I make nowhere near full use of it. I've gotten a few pieces of free or discounted DLC that I have used (like the free Warhawk stuff). The free themes are nice, though not worth paying for in the first place so I don't really count that. And I have yet to play a free mini or PS1 game. Still, though, no regrets at all.

i got plus during the sony welcome back program. The cloud saves hooked me, the discounts will keep me.

FIrst the steam sale last week now PSN sale this week. My wallet is begging for mercy.

I finally get pac man and BTTF , a few more deals like this plus will pay for itself at least.

[quote name='ddp72984']If I can offer some advice, I bought Scott pilgrim on both systems, and while the xbox one actually had 5.1 surround, it was also super glitchy and would randomly freeze several times (this on a xbox slim)[/QUOTE]

This before the last patch (or at least I heard there was a patch for some bugs a while ago)? Not too worried about the audio since I don't have a setup. I'm leaning towards the PS3 version anyways just because I don't feel like waiting longer for a sale.

Tonight is the last night that you can buy PS+ and get the 3 extra months for free. After using the service, I'm okay with it, so I decided to try it out for a year.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Anyone played Tales from space yet?[/QUOTE]
Try the demo. I thought it was okay. Kind of cool mechanic where you absorb things to get bigger. I read reviews comparing it to Katamari. But I didnt think of that when I played it.

[quote name='mickleohb']Fail on my part. the link says it ends 7/18...[/QUOTE]

Op links to the PS blog, which states the sale ends on July 19th.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Anyone played Tales from space yet?[/QUOTE]

It's a polished 2D plat former w/ some basic puzzle elements. Game's biggest issue is that it's pretty slow paced.

I'm totally getting (Contra) Hard Corps Uprising.
I think I might bite on Pac-Man too. The reviews of that versions are just outta this world.

Honestly, I never redeemed the free month of PSN+. I really really wish I had now. It would save me like 5 bucks....

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Why would it have started by now? They always start when the store updates in the evening.[/QUOTE]
Yet they ended the Welcome Back program by going by JAPANESE time, I believe.:roll: Either way I just want them to update the frickin' store while I still have PS+ so I can get the discount to $4.89 for Shank, as I refuse to pay over $5 for most of the PS Store games.

It looks interesting, but not $10 interesting to me, especially when I can get a full length game from Sears(Brutal Legend) for $1.97 plus tax.

[quote name='Thomas96']Tonight is the last night that you can buy PS+ and get the 3 extra months for free. After using the service, I'm okay with it, so I decided to try it out for a year.[/QUOTE]

No way, I thought it was for the entire month.
I was waiting to extend this offer tonight when I picked up some games.

Can anyone confirm it's no longer available?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yet they ended the Welcome Back program by going by JAPANESE time, I believe.:roll: Either way I just want them to update the frickin' store while I still have PS+ so I can get the discount to $4.89 for Shank, as I refuse to pay over $5 for most of the PS Store games.

It looks interesting, but not $10 interesting to me, especially when I can get a full length game from Sears(Brutal Legend) for $1.97 plus tax.[/QUOTE]
I got Shank for that price when it was on sale earlier. Might of been a few cents more and that's basically the enjoyment I got out of it. It's basically a streets of rage ripoff in the west with blood and guns. Also damn, where did you find brutal legend for $2 at, which Sears?

I'm looking at adding Scott Pilgrim to my anticipated haul of Pac-Man and PJ Shooter 2. Can anyone tell me how Pilgrim is as a purely single-player experience?

[quote name='Muthafodder']No way, I thought it was for the entire month.
I was waiting to extend this offer tonight when I picked up some games.

Can anyone confirm it's no longer available?[/QUOTE]

The deal is still on the dash right now. It does say good through 7/11 on the icon but the actual product says ends 7/12. No clue when they'll take it down.

[quote name='Ardrid']I'm looking at adding Scott Pilgrim to my anticipated haul of Pac-Man and PJ Shooter 2. Can anyone tell me how Pilgrim is as a purely single-player experience?[/QUOTE]
Scott Pilgrim is awesome if you into the movies and books. Its an excellent homage to old school games like River City Ransom on the NES. IMHO one of the best PSN arcade game available.

Can anyone elaborate on BttF on PSN? How does it play with a gamepad? Is it something I should get on PC instead (passed on the Steam sale but I can wait until Christmas if necessary.)

[quote name='DJ_Tet']Can anyone elaborate on BttF on PSN? How does it play with a gamepad? Is it something I should get on PC instead (passed on the Steam sale but I can wait until Christmas if necessary.)[/QUOTE]

I have Telltale games for both my PC and PS3 and actually enjoy them more on my PS3 since I can sit on a couch and play them on a big screen. I've played through Sam & Max, Monkey Island and am halfway through BttF.

The controls are just fine. You move around with the left analog stick, the shoulder buttons are used to scroll through objects around you that you can interact with, and the X, square, triangle and circle buttons are either used as action buttons or open up inventory, a hint system and other things. It's extremely user-friendly.

I paid full price for BttF and it was well worth it. For less than half that, you shouldn't hesitate to get it.

[quote name='aaronmills']I have Telltale games for both my PC and PS3 and actually enjoy them more on my PS3 since I can sit on a couch and play them on a big screen. I've played through Sam & Max, Monkey Island and am halfway through BttF.

The controls are just fine. You move around with the left analog stick, the shoulder buttons are used to scroll through objects around you that you can interact with, and the X, square, triangle and circle buttons are either used as action buttons or open up inventory, a hint system and other things. It's extremely user-friendly.

I paid full price for BttF and it was well worth it. For less than half that, you shouldn't hesitate to get it.[/QUOTE]
It'd be cool if it supported Move. As is, I think I'll hold out for a disc release.

[quote name='theflicker']It'd be cool if it supported Move. As is, I think I'll hold out for a disc release.[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt it'll come out on disc for the PS3, or even the PC for that matter

I look at BttF like this - I paid $20 for all five episodes (four released so far) and had a blast. Each episode is roughly 3-4 hours of content, maybe a little less. At $10 with PS+, that's $2 per episode. Well worth it considering how much work went into it and how much content you're getting.

Buy it!

bread's done
Back