PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aw hell, RE5 gold is actually a good reason for me to look into renewing PS+. I've always held off buying it because I'm cheap, but free is a good price... I'm very interested in the side campaigns, but I really, really don't want to deal with grinding the Vs trophies (this was one reason I held off) =/

[quote name='Zonic505']Catherine was just on sale, so I don't think it'd be that. I'm going to assume it'll be a PSN game since we got a free retail game already.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='captaintek3304']After all the backlash they got back in June for giving Infamous 2 free after a bunch of people bought it because it was on sale, I really think they'll try and avoid that mistake again.[/QUOTE]

I really hope you guys are right.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I had very little fun with Cubixx HD, FWIW.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I guess I meant that is the only puzzle game that came to mind (other than Catherine), also it's coming to EU PS+ and we've been getting some of the games EU Plus has gotten.

Also RE5 Gold is a good addition since I no longer own it. Let's see if I can get 100% this time around.

[quote name='PublikDefender']Does the psn portal 2 come with a key for steam (windows/linux/mac)? I can't seem to find any info on that.[/QUOTE]

Most likely not.

[quote name='admiralvic']Most likely not.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. Portal 2 is currently $30 at best buy. I get the feeling it will be $10 at best buy or gamestop this holiday season so I think I'll wait.

So, I just got a Vita and am getting into this whole "PSN" thing. I was thinking of buying a few PSOne classics and PSP titles as well. Do they go on sale often? Has FFTactics: WotL or the Persona series been on sale recently? :eek:

The Persona titles were on sale during the summer. Pretty sure I have yet to see WoTL go on sale.

And they really dont tend to go on sale THAT often. There are quite a few that I have been waiting on that refuse to drop in price, I finally ended up buying Tactics Ogre for 20$ a few months ago.

[quote name='Luxuria']So, I just got a Vita and am getting into this whole "PSN" thing. I was thinking of buying a few PSOne classics and PSP titles as well. Do they go on sale often? Has FFTactics: WotL or the Persona series been on sale recently? :eek:[/QUOTE]

All of the FF games were on sale earlier this year (March). Only one not included was FF3 since that just came out. That has been the only FF sale PSN has ever had. So wouldn't count on another one anytime soon.

Though I will say Tactics on the PSP is very good and well worth the cost.

[quote name='Luxuria']So, I just got a Vita and am getting into this whole "PSN" thing. I was thinking of buying a few PSOne classics and PSP titles as well. Do they go on sale often? Has FFTactics: WotL or the Persona series been on sale recently? :eek:[/QUOTE]
Persona: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9753914&postcount=4356

FF Tactics: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9475025&postcount=313

Atlus seems to be in the process of putting a couple of their games on sale each week, so Persona may be on sale at some point in the near future.

Wotl was on sale in Feb or March with a bunch of ff stuff. If it's still $10, and you plan on playing it soon, I would just buy it.

That's what I'm hoping to get out of vita plus. A lot more psp game discounts. There's quite a few i didn't get around to on my psp, and some i would like to have on vita for the new features.

Alright, cool. Thank you. ^^ I'll hold off on the Persona games for now and get Tactics now. Hopefully Atlus puts 'em on sale with Person 4 Golden being released soon and all.

[quote name='Ervgotti85']Hey where is the Zen pinball monsters bundle?[/QUOTE]

I think the Monster Bundle was only available during the Halloween 2-week sale. Checking the Vita store, it's not listed any more.

[quote name='Ervgotti85']Hey where is the Zen pinball monsters bundle?[/QUOTE]After looking, I can't find it either. Which makes me think that the bundle might have been temporary and just for Halloween.

[quote name='ruibing']I'm hoping for a sale on Saints Row the Third DLC. They just had one for XBL the other week.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I wouldn't count on that during the same week they're re-releasing the game as a bundle on disc.

[quote name='dragonjud']Hmm, I wouldn't count on that during the same week they're re-releasing the game as a bundle on disc.[/QUOTE]

Good point but they ought to have a sale soon, since no one will buy the DLC when the full package edition, which has all of them, goes on sale for $30 or less.

[quote name='ckc4043']When will re5 golden editon release? Tomorrow update?[/QUOTE]

It was released ages ago, but will be free for PS Plus members with tomorrow's updated

[quote name='ruibing']Good point but they ought to have a sale soon, since no one will buy the DLC when the full package edition, which has all of them, goes on sale for $30 or less.[/QUOTE]

Didn't affect Fallout 3's DLC.

[quote name='Decker']It was released ages ago, but will be free for PS Plus members with tomorrow's updated[/QUOTE]

How big it is? Over 10gb?

RE5...a week after Halloween? :whistle2:k Doesn't really matter to me, anyway, I don't do horror games, lol. Envious of those getting to experience Portal 2 for the first time (and for THAT price -- crazy).

[quote name='breakfuss']RE5...a week after Halloween? :whistle2:k Doesn't really matter to me, anyway, I don't do horror games, lol. Envious of those getting to experience Portal 2 for the first time (and for THAT price -- crazy).[/QUOTE]
Good thing resident evil genre aren't horror games anymore

[quote name='breakfuss']RE5...a week after Halloween? :whistle2:k Doesn't really matter to me, anyway, I don't do horror games, lol. Envious of those getting to experience Portal 2 for the first time (and for THAT price -- crazy).[/QUOTE]

That or they should of made it two or so weeks before RE6 released, to hype it up more and get more sales. Like they did with Borderlands 1.

You mean the price it should have been released at?

[quote name='whoknows']You mean the price it should have been released at?[/QUOTE]

Portal 2 for PS3 was one of the few games that was easily worth $60. The game is amazing, and not to mention that you got a free PC copy.

Valve is lazy. Their short games that still use Source get no money from me. They haven't even advanced enough to have hands in their games yet.

[quote name='whoknows']Valve is lazy. Their short games that still use Source get no money from me. They haven't even advanced enough to have hands in their games yet.[/QUOTE]

You sound like an idiot right now and it's not because of your opinion.

Feels like a couple of weeks ago when something like this happened in another thread. The same type of avatars too, either arguing with each other or posting pics of girls in that other thread.

tumblr_mckuy91HkP1rcyw2vo1_500.jpg

[quote name='whoknows']How is that a troll? At least Postal 2 used new technology.[/QUOTE]

well one is revered by many fans and critics as one of the best of the games from last year and the other... well lets just say it wasn't that good (I should know I played it)

does anyone have a spare ps plus trial they can give to me? i have but 3 ps3 games. please and thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back