PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lupe guillotine']Feels like a couple of weeks ago when something like this happened in another thread. The same type of avatars too, either arguing with each other or posting pics of girls in that other thread.[/QUOTE]
Better than posting pics of Pepsi.

[quote name='ckc4043']Will re5 gold edition read my save for my vanilla re5?[/QUOTE]

Yes it will. I played RE5 vanilla years ago and earlier this year bought the RE5 Gold and it read my save just fine. You're all set

[quote name='Romeo']So uh... Where's the vita PS+ update...?[/QUOTE]

I think they just said November, not the first day of November. Also, I think it's just gonna be details, not the actual implementation of the program. I could be wrong though.

[quote name='shinn']does anyone have a spare ps plus trial they can give to me? i have but 3 ps3 games. please and thank you![/QUOTE]

PM me i will trade you one for a Gamestop 50% off coupon

Does the DD version of Portal 2 for PS3 include a code for the PC version or is that only if you buy a physical copy.

Oh....and Amazon is still offering nine bucks TIV on Res 5 Greatest Hits version and 11 on the Gold. I'll take it...mostly with Black Friday approaching.

Edit: Just saw somebody asked the same question like four pages back and nobody seems to know. Bummer.

Wow, things got really weird here.

[quote name='shadowkast']Good thing resident evil genre aren't horror games anymore[/QUOTE]

I know that's been a criticism for people familiar with the franchise, but I have a very low tolerance. Don't even like playing zelda in the dark.

[quote name='whoknows']You mean the price it should have been released at?[/QUOTE]

C'mon. At least be creative.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Had to Google what a "scene girl" was, but +1.[/QUOTE]
I also had to google it as I was about to ask what the fuck a scene girl was. And maybe I am old, but why the helll would anyone like this type of girl? "whiny"? Really? You want that?

[quote name='wrencrest']I also had to google it as I was about to ask what the fuck a scene girl was. And maybe I am old, but why the helll would anyone like this type of girl? "whiny"? Really? You want that?[/QUOTE]

Haha, what the? Is that really part of bein a scene girl or did someone just say that's what they are? I'm going purely on the physical. I have absolutely nothin in common with them.

[quote name='wrencrest']I also had to google it as I was about to ask what the fuck a scene girl was. And maybe I am old, but why the helll would anyone like this type of girl? "whiny"? Really? You want that?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Haha, what the? Is that really part of bein a scene girl or did someone just say that's what they are? I'm going purely on the physical. I have absolutely nothin in common with them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I didn't see any mention of them being whiny. I just saw some mention of how they wear their hair, then I Google Image searched "scene girl" and was pleased. :)

[quote name='Indignate']Stop reading urban dictionary.[/QUOTE]

But now I know why myspace is still in business! Wait, no. It still doesn't make sense. That urban dictionary article is awesome and I'll bet waaaay more accurate than it should be. But what do I know, I grew up when emo kids weren't depressed (just nerdy and mostly boys) and they argued over whether or not Jeremy Enigk praying on stage is what really broke up Sunny Day Real Estate.

Can someone elaborate on the versus trophies for RE5 thing?

[quote name='handsomepete']

Can someone elaborate on the versus trophies for RE5 thing?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, that question is way too on-topic to belong in this thread ;)

I'm sure this is a dumb question - if I buy Portal 2 it will include the new patch to play with Move, but will not include the new Move DLC right?

[quote name='outkastx']I'm sure this is a dumb question - if I buy Portal 2 it will include the new patch to play with Move, but will not include the new Move DLC right?[/QUOTE]

You're right. The Move DLC costs an extra $10 ($7 for PS+)

[quote name='alwayscheaper']I googled it and was less pleased. Looks like the girls I see who have effeminate boyfriends who have flock of seagulls (google it) haircuts. Too much for me.[/QUOTE]
Who would really need to goole Flock of Seagulls? They're a National Treasure!

[quote name='alwayscheaper']I googled it and was less pleased. Looks like the girls I see who have effeminate boyfriends who have flock of seagulls (google it) haircuts. Too much for me.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='alwayscheaper']Haha I don't know, younger folks was my guess.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Who would really need to goole Flock of Seagulls? They're a National Treasure![/QUOTE]

Haha yeah I don't need to Google Flock of Seagulls. My guess is most people would either need to Google "scene girl" OR "flock of seagulls", but not both.

And if you don't need to Google either of them, then I guess you're just one cool, trend-setting dude.

I could have sworn I remember this exact same thing happening like a month ago, someone got hacked and started posting dumb crap in the deal forums.

Either way back on topic, can't wait to grab Portal 2 and its DLC today, never really played it before. Also considering Vanquish since I cant find it at any K-Marts here

1/2 tempted by Vanquish (had fun with the demo), but I have a feeling I should just wait for Black Friday to find a disc version for cheaper.

[quote name='tylerh1701']And if you don't need to Google either of them, then I guess you're just one cool, trend-setting dude.[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

[quote name='Zonic505']1/2 tempted by Vanquish (had fun with the demo), but I have a feeling I should just wait for Black Friday to find a disc version for cheaper.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure you'll find they game thus black Friday. It's been $5 plenty of times at best buy

[quote name='Zonic505']1/2 tempted by Vanquish (had fun with the demo), but I have a feeling I should just wait for Black Friday to find a disc version for cheaper.[/QUOTE]

You won't find Vanquish in an Black Friday sales unless some retailer is doing a value priced games sale. Vanquish is a few years old and may not even be in production anymore. Black Friday sales tend to have games that are newer and still desirable from a mass population view.

I would just pick it up. Vanquish bombed sale wise (I think it was too complex / fast paced for most peoples liking), so you would be wasting time looking for a BF deal. At most, it would just be a B1G1, B2G1, or any other nonspecific deal. However, you can try your luck at Bestbuy. A used copy is 4.99 (unlikely it will ship, but it says in stock online) and honestly I would be shocked if you found it for less outside of a extreme YMMV Sears / Kmart situation, garage sale or anything of the like.

[quote name='TraBuch']Anyone interested in Ragnarok Tactics? Seems like a pretty decent SRPG.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/11/06/ragnarok-tactics-out-today-on-psp-playable-on-ps-vita/[/QUOTE]
I think that looks great. Also, it's exciting that it will play on the Vita day one, and they are selling it $5 cheaper for the download. Too bad it's coming out right after Virtue's Last Reward and right before P4G. I might pick it up when I get my $20 back from October though.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Haha, what the? Is that really part of bein a scene girl or did someone just say that's what they are? I'm going purely on the physical. I have absolutely nothin in common with them.[/QUOTE]
Dont worry bro. I knew you meant the physical and not the mental. I was being sarcastic.
[quote name='Indignate']Stop reading urban dictionary.[/QUOTE]
When I said I googled it, I literally googled it, saw the google pics and the first sentence of the urban dictionary definition (whiny among other adjectives) and went with that since I thought it was funny. I didnt really beleive that was a technical definition as it is clearly someone's opinion.
[quote name='tylerh1701']Yeah, I didn't see any mention of them being whiny. I just saw some mention of how they wear their hair, then I Google Image searched "scene girl" and was pleased. :)[/QUOTE]
I am sure the pics you saw were the top of the heap and not the mainstream though! :)

I personally dont care what type of girl she is.....if your hot your hot. Use any fucking term you want for that.

Anyways, did we find out if Vanquish was going to be the free game this week? :)

[quote name='wrencrest']

Anyways, did we find out if Vanquish was going to be the free game this week? :)[/QUOTE]

Assuming this isn't some sort of troll / joke attempt, it was Biohazard 5 Gold Edition (includes all the DLC + move support).

[quote name='admiralvic']Assuming this isn't some sort of troll / joke attempt, it was Biohazard 5 Gold Edition (includes all the DLC + move support).[/QUOTE]
I was just trying to be on topic. Sort of. Why so serious?!? I enjoy the off topic banter, but I know I am in the minority. So there you go.

[quote name='tylerh1701']What the hell is Biohazard 5? Haha. And people in that other thread say this one is too off topic!!![/QUOTE]

The Japanese name for Resident Evil games is Biohazard.

[quote name='tylerh1701']What the hell is Biohazard 5? Haha. And people in that other thread say this one is too off topic!!![/QUOTE]

So what? This is where we hang out and 90% of the posts are about something Playstation related.

[quote name='TheLongshot']The Japanese name for Resident Evil games is Biohazard.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Learned something today. :)

[quote name='gettinmoney662']So what? This is where we hang out and 90% of the posts are about something Playstation related.[/QUOTE]

Oh ya I don't care. I like the off topic chat in this thread, as well as the on topic stuff.

My PSN+ is about to expire 11/27, if I go ahead and renew now, will it start today or will it add to the end of the current one? Not sure if I explained that well.

[quote name='StealOfADeal']My PSN+ is about to expire 11/27, if I go ahead and renew now, will it start today or will it add to the end of the current one? Not sure if I explained that well.[/QUOTE]

It'll add to whatever you have remaning, IE you'll be good thru 11/27/13

[quote name='StealOfADeal']My PSN+ is about to expire 11/27, if I go ahead and renew now, will it start today or will it add to the end of the current one? Not sure if I explained that well.[/QUOTE]

EXP date.

I had the same doubt when I first renewed, it adds to the end of the current one, so don't worry.

Edit: damn, beaten to a pulp.

[quote name='Romeo']So uh... Where's the vita PS+ update...?[/QUOTE]

Anybody knows what the deal is with this? It starts today, but there hasn't been anything mentioned about it (an hour or two before update)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back