PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='doc_j88']How come Peace Walker for PS3 is $19.99?

and for the PSP it is still $29.99

WTF man[/QUOTE]

Konami has been doing a lot of things that don't make sense lately.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']

That is the Japanese list, but I'm pretty sure the American list is the same. One of my PSN friends got a DLC trophy and I'm pretty sure she has the American version.[/QUOTE]

Thanks bud.

This is pretty much completely unrelated to the topic, but I was reading through the PS Blog comments cause I am bored and I think "early adopter" is the most misunderstood phrase among gamers.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']can anyone recommend spelunker and its DLC? looks like it might be worth what they are asking...[/QUOTE]

I keep forgetting to add you for the PayDay DLC, I'm gonna send the request now.

But anyways, I fuckin loved Spelunker. It is pretty hard though, until you get comfortable with the rules. Supposedly the DLC makes it 10x harder too. I plan on getting it soon.

The selection of NeoGeo games on PS3/PSP/Vita is pretty weak, but I would have been interested in the collections (Metal Slug, Samurai Shodown, SNK Classics Vol 1) if they were half price.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']can anyone recommend spelunker and its DLC? looks like it might be worth what they are asking...[/QUOTE]

Since Spelunker has never been on sale I will pick it up with the DLC. Looks like it should be a fun game. I know others who loved the game who paid full price.

Bah, I want Walking Dead 3, but if I have to buy eps 3, 4, 5, and 1, I'm better off just waiting for a bundle deal so I don't waste my money (also since I'll probably want to have ep 2 too...).

(or just buy the season pass, but I don't think the game is worth $20 to me)

I've probably said it a thousand times now but it is still true. Those Neo Geo games could have benefited greatly from trophy support. SNKP should have taken the extra time to port them. Between the Arcade, home system, neo geo cd, and SNK collections, I'm sure a lot of people passed them up because they already had them in one form or another.

I'm as big of a Nen geo fan as anybody, but I cant justify paying for "nothing new" with these games.

:cry:

[quote name='shivan128']Bummer, was hoping the SNK rumor was true. Thanks anyway OP, though $40 for all those games dont seem too unreasonable![/QUOTE]

You can get nearly all of them for less than 10 dollars if you have a Wii/PS3/PSP.

Still debating picking up Alpha Mission II since it seems they won't ever sell the games for cheaper than this.

Played about an hour or so of Walking Dead episode 3.. amazing so far. Some pretty wild stuff happens in just these beginning parts, whereas in past episodes they generally saved it for towards the end.

[quote name='KneeKnee']I've probably said it a thousand times now but it is still true. Those Neo Geo games could have benefited greatly from trophy support. SNKP should have taken the extra time to port them. Between the Arcade, home system, neo geo cd, and SNK collections, I'm sure a lot of people passed them up because they already had them in one form or another.[/QUOTE]
Agreed that trophies would have been a nice feature to have, but I'm wondering if implementing them was even an option for SNK. The PS3 treats the Neo Geo games as its own system/category, much like PS1 games which also lack any trophy support. The quality of the emulation on the PS3 is among the best available though. The only downfall is the online is a bit unforgiving when it comes to lag.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='topplehat']Strongly recommend Space Channel 5 pt 2. One of my favorite games, and at that price point it's amazing.[/QUOTE]

The game or the HD port?

[quote name='Thrinn']Agreed that trophies would have been a nice feature to have, but I'm wondering if implementing them was even an option for SNK. The PS3 treats the Neo Geo games as its own system/category, much like PS1 games which also lack any trophy support. The quality of the emulation on the PS3 is among the best available though. The only downfall is the online is a bit unforgiving when it comes to lag.[/QUOTE]

Trophies or no, I would buy the shit out of Metal Slug X and 3 if they put those out on PSN. Why did they stop at 2?

Won't happen, but wide-ranging Remote Play support would make the Vita a killer value proposition. Enabling local wifi PS3 Remote Play for Plus members would sell a lot of units AND a lot of subs. Who doesn't want to play Infamous or Mass Effect 3 in bed? Paywall and local only would stop it from eating too badly into native game sales.

Yeah those snk ports are miles ahead of the ps2 ports but even league bowling was lagging online so the fighting games must be bad. I am still waiting for some pulstar, waku waku 7, and a few of the othertitles i don't already own on mvs. I would love a samurai shodown V special release. I hope the nights into dreams hd comes to psn bundled with christmas nights. Damn microsoft has some great old school titles psn doesn't have.

[quote name='breakfuss']The game or the HD port?[/QUOTE]

Whichever you can get your hands on. The HD port is fine, but somewhat lazy on Sega's part. Game still stands up on its own though.

[quote name='topplehat']Strongly recommend Space Channel 5 pt 2. One of my favorite games, and at that price point it's amazing.[/QUOTE]
For anyone who owns a 360...
get

Can be had for about 10-14 dollars.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']For Tylerh:

picture.php

Just bought it and this is a quick summary of the trophy list.[/QUOTE]

Very much appreciated! Will be buying/playing Spelunker tonight, and if I like it a lot I'll make sure to grab the DLC before the sale is over.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Are the games cheaper today than they were yesterday?[/QUOTE]

No, because I bought Metal Slug Anthology (which includes 1, 2, X, 3, 4, 5, and 6) for $8 last year. Instead of $31.43 that "sale" would be if it had the full Anthology.

[quote name='juanawoman']For anyone who owns a 360...
get

Can be had for about 10-14 dollars.[/QUOTE]

rented this, its awful. i think nostalgia goggles are required, but i never had a saturn so these games just made me poop. if you loved these from your childhood, give it a go. anyone else i think should avoid. personal opinion of course...

I hate to sound ignorant, but when do we get that psn play credit? Will it be emailed code or linked to wallet like i think they did before? Thanks

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']That blog post doesn't answer the question at all.[/QUOTE]
Yes, it does:

"The cash voucher will be delivered directly to your account mail box on your PS3 by September 7th at the latest."

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']That blog post doesn't answer the question at all.[/QUOTE]

It says "September 7th at the latest" and "check your PS3 XMB message box then" Or was there another question asked?

edit: ninja'd by FriskyTanuki

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Hmm, there must be something wrong with mobile version of the page, because I can't find where it says that![/QUOTE]

The link goes directly to one of the comment replies on the blog post. The mobile version must not be linking directly to that reply...

[quote name='tylerh1701']The link goes directly to one of the comment replies on the blog post. The mobile version must not be linking directly to that reply...[/QUOTE]

The mobile version doesn't have comments at all, so that would be the problem.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Very much appreciated! Will be buying/playing Spelunker tonight, and if I like it a lot I'll make sure to grab the DLC before the sale is over.[/QUOTE]

Talk to Admiralvic if you want some pointers. I think I got through about twenty or thirty floors without dying before my hdd formatted itself (unrelated to spelunker)

Bah, I didn't realize the Play thing ended yesterday, which sucks since I just got the PSN card to buy CS:GO today. Oh well, would've only received $3 back, so not a big deal.

Hopefully CS:GO is still on sale? Or did that end yesterday?

ok. iv been deleting my mailbox regularly, but ill just def make sure to check before i do that.
i was having crazy slowdown on my mw3 friends list for awhile, when i would go to invite or join a game it would literally freeze the music for a few seconds when i went through the list. i finally heard that if you delete you mailbox than it fixes it cuz it checks all the game invites. and lo and behold it worked and it is smooth as butter. awesome. thanks alot. i dont think anyone got any credit yet so im not worried. peace and thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back