PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Sounds like you just need to go to:

Games > Hot on PS3 > Weekly Deals (named after this thread, obviously)
Games > PS+ > New Arrivals

I like that the cart's persistent between visits.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tips, I'll check these two specific areas out.

Along with a lot of others, I'm fairly interested in Persona 3 FES for $5. I have a retail copy that I've never actually played, but if I can unload it on Amazon this week I'll definitely pick up the digital version.

[quote name='TraBuch']Persona 3 was $5 for me, no issues.

And if anyone's curious, FES is definitely worth picking up even if you've played P3P. The battle system is a bit worse (P3P has Persona 4's battle system where you can control every party member, you can only control the MC in FES), but the entire presentation is much better and it has an epilogue after the main game that P3P lacks.[/QUOTE]

If you don't have either, which would you go with? Is there really a huge difference?

[quote name='kitsunisan']If you don't have either, which would you go with? Is there really a huge difference?[/QUOTE]

The major differences between p3p and FES is that FES you get the full effect of cutscenes and moving your character around. In FES when you run out of HP/SP (like mana) you can go to the first floor of the dungeon area and get regenerated whereas you have to pay for it in P3P. I also forgot that FES has "The Answer" which extends on the regular story a bit

P3P you don't get the cutscenes but you do get a better combat system that allows you to control all characters (FES they control themselves aside from the main character you control), option to have a male or female character with varying social links as a result, and some other little addons like a dungeon with kind of challenge rooms inside the main dungeon. You can also sort of fast travel using square to get to areas instantly instead of having to move your character (although it isn't that far either way, it's still a difference)

I think that the cutscenes add a level of immersion that are really nice and I am glad I played it when I did which was before the psp version came out, but after playing P3P with the better combat system and so forth there's no way I could go back

Last edited by a moderator:
RE5 Gold is indeed working. Also, the game is a hell of a lot of fun. It's not survival horror, that ship sailed. It's a very fun 3rd person action game, which is a bit cheesy, but nicely voice acted and good graphics.

Please add me on PSN if anyone wants to go through the Campaign or do Mercenaries!

3 things that BLOW:

1. The new PSN store (the entire thing BLOOOOWS)
2. Having to go letter-by-letter to search... seriously, WTF?!
3. RE5 acting like a punk-ass bitch.

And a bonus: No Walking Dead Ep. 5 ... or a demo of LBP: Kart

[quote name='StealOfADeal']3 things that BLOW:

1. The new PSN store (the entire thing BLOOOOWS)
2. Having to go letter-by-letter to search... seriously, WTF?!
3. RE5 acting like a punk-ass bitch.

And a bonus: No Walking Dead Ep. 5 ... or a demo of LBP: Kart[/QUOTE]

or Guilty Gear =[

Aren't you the guy who said video game soundtracks weren't worth $1 since you can download them for free illegally? We should be asking you if Persona is worth a fiver.

On the PS Vita section of the PSN store it shows a banner with a Jet Set Radio demo, but when I click on it it says "This content cannot be selected at this time." So is it just a placeholder then?

[quote name='VaultDweller']nostalgia and weeabonism aside, is Person 3 worth the five bucks? never played it[/QUOTE]

Yes. Yes, yes, yes.

[quote name='VaultDweller']nostalgia and weeabonism aside, is Person 3 worth the five bucks? never played it[/QUOTE]
Do you like JRPGs? If so, yes. It's one of the best from the ridiculous PS2 JRPG library.

[quote name='kitsunisan']If you don't have either, which would you go with? Is there really a huge difference?[/QUOTE]
Despite P3P having a better battle system, I'd go with FES because of the epilogue and better presentation. Honestly, if you end up really liking FES, you'll probably end up getting P3P eventually, anyways.

[quote name='Kotomine']On the PS Vita section of the PSN store it shows a banner with a Jet Set Radio demo, but when I click on it it says "This content cannot be selected at this time." So is it just a placeholder then?[/QUOTE]I'm seeing it too but I can't really give you a reason as to why it's there. The Vita version of JSR was supposed to come out in October but has since been delayed indefinitely and there has been nothing about the game on the SEGA blog recently.

I must not be looking hard enough, maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

I can't find the list of Add-Ons by...GAME. "Hot" "New" "Top Downloads" are all I see, then a big list categorizing them by levels, weapons, skins, etc. I'd rather not use the lame search. What a waste of time to create that, who wants a list of ALL Add-Ons, from every game ever, by skins.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']I must not be looking hard enough, maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

I can't find the list of Add-Ons by...GAME. "Hot" "New" "Top Downloads" are all I see, then a big list categorizing them by levels, weapons, skins, etc. I'd rather not use the lame search. What a waste of time to create that, who wants a list of ALL Add-Ons, from every game ever, by skins.[/QUOTE]

If you go to the actual game itself on the normal game section and select it, it'll have a section for all of the dlc for that particular game. It's not ideal but lesser of evils situation

I am really glad I decided to hold off buying P3 Fes rather than making it part of my $100 spending spree last month. I knew that it had a greater shot of being on sale than some of the PS one classics and go figure it goes on sale one week later. Hell yeah! :)

[quote name='whitereflection']Aren't you the guy who said video game soundtracks weren't worth $1 since you can download them for free illegally? We should be asking you if Persona is worth a fiver.[/QUOTE]

u talking to me?

How long did it take for most to download this RE5? My connection has always seemed slow to me, but I also have a juiced up laptop.

And wasn't ToeJam & Earl supposed to release on PS2? Just curious.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Mine just finished.[/QUOTE]

Mine too, lemme know if you ever wanna play any RE5, I'm a huge Browns fan. Richardson is beast. :D

Persona 3 is great but just pay the extra $5 to get P3P for the better battle system and two different sets of social links. Also the new main character is quite a bit better than the old one.

[quote name='clockwork-zombie']Persona 3 is great but just pay the extra $5 to get P3P for the better battle system and two different sets of social links. Also the new main character is quite a bit better than the old one.[/QUOTE]P3P doesn't have The Answers. Get Persona 3 FES.

[quote name='boredasfook']While I was trying to download Resident Evil 5 Gold last night I was charged $29.99. Wanted to see if anybody else also ran into that problem apparently I'm not the only one.

http://community.us.playstation.com...-members-or-is-it-HELP/m-p/38739977#U38739977

Already contacted CS hopefully everything gets sorted out.[/QUOTE]

That happened to me as well, but I noticed before checkout. Hope it won't still be showing $29.99 in my cart today.

The most insulting thing about the store is they didn't fix most of the annoyances but they added a couple. The two things I wanted them to fix...

1. click add to cart, wait, click ok, wait, click ok, wait, only then is it finally added to cart
2. select download, wait for download to start, request to move to background, go get dinner somewhere, come back and it's almost done putting it in the background.

It's like they do no market testing and they don't even bother looking at xbox live. I'm not a fan boy by any means but it's fun to shop on xbox live. I don't have a slow connection but Sony's market is so slow I have to do something else if I'm going to buy more than one thing.

Just finished it myself recently and yes, it is worth it. One of the best JRPGs.

[quote name='Glasscocked']My understanding is that we were going to get some news on PS+ for Vita this month. Come on Sony![/QUOTE]And is the month even close to being over? We've only had one store update so far this month. Be patient and wait like the rest of us.

[quote name='breakfuss']So, you guys are recommending Persona to play on the PS3 (with an hdtv), or psp/vita? I've never played a PS2 game on my ps3.[/QUOTE]

I've heard P3P is superior in many ways. The PS2 version does have animated cutscenes and the epilogue, but to be honest, The Answer really is mostly grinding. I suggest getting the PSP version.

[quote name='Luxuria']I've heard P3P is superior in many ways. The PS2 version does have animated cutscenes and the epilogue, but to be honest, The Answer really is mostly grinding. I suggest getting the PSP version.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if it is really that cut-and-dried. Is the P4 battle system and the female protagonist really worth the extra $5 to you? Personally, I thought the original system was fine, and I would be fine paying $5 for FES.

[quote name='asianmentality']How is persona 2 innocent sin? I'm debating if I should just pick up a 20 buck psn card and get persona 2 and persona 3 fes[/QUOTE]

I picked it up during the last sale. Personally, I liked what I've played from it. You don't get the social links from P3, but you do get similar quirky main characters and you can tell it is an ancestor of P3.

People are still having trouble with Resident Evil 5? Here's what you do: add it to cart, remove it from cart, wait a couple of seconds or don't, hit Circle to go back to the product page which should now show the game being free, add it to cart again, and finally Checkout if the game actually says it costs $0.00 . Do not Checkout if it says any other amount and instead wait for the fix.

Do none of you with this issue have a PC? This is the epitome of computer logic.

It's either this week or next week. They'll notify you via email, and a PM that will be sent to your PSN account. You'll probably open up the PM and redeem the $20 there.

[quote name='Luriden']We're supposed to get our $20 rebate at some point this week, correct? Has anyone gotten it yet?[/QUOTE]

I believe they said sometime between the 9th and 16th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back