PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LazyTriangle']finally some free games for the vita and they are all great games too, to be honest I was expecting to get a Hot Shots game, Little Deviants or Modnation Racers so I'm a little bit surprised to say the least. Now I need to get a bigger memory card to download these games, my 8GB is already full[/QUOTE]
I've heard nothing but good things about Hot Shots Golf on the Vita.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Saying this before the big Steam holiday sale? YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.[/QUOTE]I don't PC game and notice the word NEW in my sentence. READING! YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!

[quote name='PimpLimp']I don't PC game and notice the word NEW in my sentence. READING! YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG![/QUOTE]

But Steam doesn't sell used games so the "new" had nothing to do with what he said...

Also I am sorry to hear you miss out on the awesomeness that is PC gaming.

[quote name='Saablic']But Steam doesn't sell used games so the "new" had nothing to do with what he said...

Also I am sorry to hear you miss out on the awesomeness that is PC gaming.[/QUOTE]

New as in new releases, is what I assume he means.

[quote name='Saablic']But Steam doesn't sell used games so the "new" had nothing to do with what he said...

Also I am sorry to hear you miss out on the awesomeness that is PC gaming.[/QUOTE]You're misunderstood. I'm not using "new" in the context of it being a new/used game. I'm using "new" referring to it being the most recently released game I'm going to buy.

Oh and I know I'm missing out. I'm currently in the midst of saving up for a rig, but a good gaming PC has such a high-cost entry point :cry:

EDIT: And tylerh saves the day!

[quote name='ShockandAww']Someone will because they already own them but other than that I dont think they'll get many complaints at all. If they make this as good as PS+ for PS3 it could really....really help the Vita I think. PS+ is one hell of a deal.[/QUOTE]

I already own all of those, except for Jet Set Radio obviously, but still can't complain. Hopefully this gets more people to buy the system and encourage developers to make more good games for it.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']PC gaming sucks, I just can't get into it and I bought a ton of games in the last Steam sale.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your opinion.

[quote name='PimpLimp']You're misunderstood. I'm not using "new" in the context of it being a new/used game. I'm using "new" referring to it being the most recently released game I'm going to buy.

Oh and I know I'm missing out. I'm currently in the midst of saving up for a rig, but a good gaming PC has such a high-cost entry point :cry:

EDIT: And tylerh saves the day![/QUOTE]

Ah new releases. Wasn't what came to mind. Also PC doesn't necessarily need a high cost of entry but it is nice to have a good machine to run things at at least near max. I enjoy good graphics but mostly I enjoy it because of the broad range of genres. It complements my PS3 very well.

I caved. Had about $140 in BB credit that I converted over to Amazon, and picked up the Assassin's Creed Vita Bundle. I know I should have waited til Black Friday to see if Amazon matched all the in-store ads, but I'm weak. And I'd much rather have the AC game than the COD one.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I caved. Had about $140 in BB credit that I converted over to Amazon, and picked up the Assassin's Creed Vita Bundle. I know I should have waited til Black Friday to see if Amazon matched all the in-store ads, but I'm weak. And I'd much rather have the AC game than the COD one.[/QUOTE]

Yay! Another convert! I've had mine since release back in February and have gotten a lot of play time out of it. Everything they're offering for PS+ is great, I hope you have fun!

[quote name='tylerh1701']I caved. Had about $140 in BB credit that I converted over to Amazon, and picked up the Assassin's Creed Vita Bundle. I know I should have waited til Black Friday to see if Amazon matched all the in-store ads, but I'm weak. And I'd much rather have the AC game than the COD one.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the club! :D

[quote name='tylerh1701']I caved. Had about $140 in BB credit that I converted over to Amazon, and picked up the Assassin's Creed Vita Bundle. I know I should have waited til Black Friday to see if Amazon matched all the in-store ads, but I'm weak. And I'd much rather have the AC game than the COD one.[/QUOTE]Well with AC: Liberations, the Vita IGC, and all the free minis/PSP/PSOne games PS+ has given out, you should have a pretty sizable day one library.

I would suggest buying a bigger memory card right off the bat too.

[quote name='o0achilles0o']Yay! Another convert! I've had mine since release back in February and have gotten a lot of play time out of it. Everything they're offering for PS+ is great, I hope you have fun![/QUOTE]

I'm sure I will! Gravity Rush is one game I've been interested in since the beginning, so getting that free will be awesome. Sony really exceeded my expectations with PS+ on Vita, bravo to them!

Only thing I will possibly regret is not waiting til Black Friday to possibly get one a little bit cheaper. But it's not a huge deal either way. These free games plus AC3 Liberation plus Stardrone, Foosball, and Retro City Rampage mean I've already got 10 games to get started on.

EDIT: This time PimpLimp got in before me to say the exact same thing. Totally spaced out all the PSOne Classics and Minis I've gotten from PS+ over the last 18 months. I'm gonna be set for quite a while, but I'll definitely need a bigger memory card.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...or-ps-vita-available-next-week-take-the-tour/

The full post about PS+ for Vita:
During Tokyo Game Show we announced that PlayStation Plus would be coming to PlayStation Vita in November. We are excited to reveal that PS Plus will be available on November 19th as part of the next PS Vita System Software Update (v2.00).

I teamed up with Ray Bautista, Product Manager of Digital Platforms Strategic Planning to give you a sneak peek at the Instant Game Collection for PS Vita and all of the benefits and features that PS Plus has to offer. Today I’ll walk you through some of the other new features you can look forward to with the system software update, including an email app, the ability to transfer content wirelessly between your PS Vita and PC, and enhancements to the web browser.

With the addition of PS Plus, and such a great lineup of exclusive games launching by this holiday, now is the perfect time to purchase a PS Vita.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DfcT2czrQk

As Ray mentioned, PS Plus will offer exclusive discounts and bonus features for both PS Vita and PlayStation 3 members. In addition to online storage for game saves, automatic updates and Trophy synching, PS Plus members will get access to the Instant Game Collection, a constantly updated library selection of games, starting when the PlayStation Store updates on Tuesday, November 20th.

Once you update your PS Vita to v2.00 and PS Store publishes next Tuesday, PS Plus members will be able to download the Instant Game Collection, which includes PS Vita games:

Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Jet Set Radio HD
WipEout 2048
Gravity Rush
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack!

As well as (PSP) PlayStation Portable hit:

Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions.

Don’t forget that PS3 users with an existing PS Plus membership will be able to enjoy PS Plus features and services on both PS3 and PS Vita systems at no additional cost. You will be able to choose between the two subscription options — a three month plan for $17.99 and a one year plan for $49.99.

For more information on System Software Updates, please visit this page, which will provide additional details on v2.00 when the update goes live.
So it's actually coming next week like I thought it would, which is a great week to do it with the holiday that gives a lot of people here a few days off.

That's a might fine instant game collection for the Vita right off from the start.

I gotta say, I'm very impressed with the quality of the games they're rolling out none of which I currently own right now.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I'm sure I will! Gravity Rush is one game I've been interested in since the beginning, so getting that free will be awesome. Sony really exceeded my expectations with PS+ on Vita, bravo to them!

Only thing I will possibly regret is not waiting til Black Friday to possibly get one a little bit cheaper. But it's not a huge deal either way. These free games plus AC3 Liberation plus Stardrone, Foosball, and Retro City Rampage mean I've already got 10 games to get started on.

EDIT: This time PimpLimp got in before me to say the exact same thing. Totally spaced out all the PSOne Classics and Minis I've gotten from PS+ over the last 18 months. I'm gonna be set for quite a while, but I'll definitely need a bigger memory card.[/QUOTE]

You might consider watching Amazon Warehouse deals for a 32GB card. They pop up every now and then for ~$60. That's how I got mine.

I also have a 16GB and 8GB card available for trade or purchase if anyone's interested before I throw them on eBay or take them to GameStop.

Damn, I definitely need to get a bigger memory card for my Vita now since PS Plus is starting to sound worth it to me. I was hoping for some Black Friday sales, but none so far. Maybe GameStop or Amazon will pull through?

Btw, every PS Plus member should keep in mind that, in the comments in the blog, it says you can "buy" these games through your ps3 and add them to your download list for the future even if you don't have a vita. So, in effect, as long as you're a plus member, you can grab them as they become available and download/play them all when/if you get a vita down the line.

Is the Best Buy Black Ops Vita bundle for $200 this bf the best deal this season? I think I checked all the bf deals, but someone reply if you came across anything better.

(I want the ass creed bundle but can't find a $200 price point)

[quote name='PublikDefender']Is the Best Buy Black Ops Vita bundle for $200 this bf the best deal this season? I think I checked all the bf deals, but someone reply if you came across anything better.

(I want the ass creed bundle but can't find a $200 price point)[/QUOTE]
Yes I think that's right. Only other bundle is one for that same price with Lego LotR Batman I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PublikDefender']Is the Best Buy Black Ops Vita bundle for $200 this bf the best deal this season? I think I checked all the bf deals, but someone reply if you came across anything better.

(I want the ass creed bundle but can't find a $200 price point)[/QUOTE]

Yes it's definitely the best deal I've seen. I too wanted the AC bundle and had loads of Amazon credit (from Best Buy) and I don't get taxed on Amazon in Utah so that's why I went with the AC bundle for $250.

I know I will probably be in the minority here, but I do not care for this new layout in the store. I miss being able to just go on and see what is new for the week and look at the PS+ to see what was new as well. Now it is a pain to try to find out what is simply the new things in the store each week.

[quote name='Spyder187']I know I will probably be in the minority here, but I do not care for this new layout in the store. I miss being able to just go on and see what is new for the week and look at the PS+ to see what was new as well. Now it is a pain to try to find out what is simply the new things in the store each week.[/QUOTE] I dont like it because everything is so slow now. Before items would sometimes pop up, but for the most part surfing the store was much faster. Now everytime i try to change a page there is a delay and I loath it.

[quote name='Spyder187']I know I will probably be in the minority here, but I do not care for this new layout in the store. I miss being able to just go on and see what is new for the week and look at the PS+ to see what was new as well. Now it is a pain to try to find out what is simply the new things in the store each week.[/QUOTE]
You can still do both of those things in the new store.

Games > New on PS3 > All New Releases
Games > PlayStation Plus > New Arrivals

[quote name='wrencrest']I dont like it because everything is so slow now. Before items would sometimes pop up, but for the most part surfing the store was much faster. Now everytime i try to change a page there is a delay and I loath it.[/QUOTE]
I have to disagree. The last store was so painfully slow that I hated trying to rush because I'd have to wait 5-10 seconds every time I backed out of a page to be able to do anything, which made trying to navigate the store in a rush a pain in the butt. It was also the #1 cause of system freezes due to those sorts of issues where it would hang before I gained control again. Now the store's quite a bit faster, more reliable, and I've seen no hangups so far.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You can still do both of those things in the new store.

[/QUOTE]

I know that for the PS+ side, however I do not want to see EVERYTHING new for the PS3. That is what you get with that ANR tab. In the old store it was mostly just PSN items. Now it is anything released within the week whether it is digital, disc, PSP, Vita, etc.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Yes it's definitely the best deal I've seen. I too wanted the AC bundle and had loads of Amazon credit (from Best Buy) and I don't get taxed on Amazon in Utah so that's why I went with the AC bundle for $250.[/QUOTE]

http://bfads.net/Toys-R-Us-Black-Fr...WiFi-Bundle-w-Bonus-10In1-Vita-Essential-Pack
TRU will also have it for $200 but with a free case and stuff.

http://bfads.net/Target-Black-Friday-Sony-PS-Vita-WiFi-Bundle-w-Free-Lego-Batman-2-Game
Target willl also have it for $200, but with Lego-Batman 2 and no memory card (I think)

I agree that it is time to get a Vita if PS+ is essentially giving away a free library of games for a $50/yr subscription. Hopefully this business model has some legs. Only downside is the memory card imitation on the Vita. 4 GB will be filled quickly, may need to constantly swap games on the stick or buy more expensive sticks.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You can still do both of those things in the new store.

I have to disagree. The last store was so painfully slow that I hated trying to rush because I'd have to wait 5-10 seconds every time I backed out of a page to be able to do anything, which made trying to navigate the store in a rush a pain in the butt. It was also the #1 cause of system freezes due to those sorts of issues where it would hang before I gained control again. Now the store's quite a bit faster, more reliable, and I've seen no hangups so far.[/QUOTE]

I guess it's the opposite for me. The old store was pretty fast, and I never had any real issues (nor did I ever have any lockups). The new design is horrible, takes more time to do literally anything. It's also not a internet connection problem for me.. the actual internet speed is fine, it's just the interface that's slow. Everything about it seems slower to me.

Holy hell. I have been kind of wanting a Vita before, but this PS+ deal makes me want it BAD! I'm already planning on picking up a PS3 on BF, not sure if I can really swing picking up a Vita on the same day...

[quote name='Spyder187']I know that for the PS+ side, however I do not want to see EVERYTHING new for the PS3. That is what you get with that ANR tab. In the old store it was mostly just PSN items. Now it is anything released within the week whether it is digital, disc, PSP, Vita, etc.[/QUOTE]
Use the filters to just show you what you want to see. Use Game Type to only see games of a certain type (Minis, PS2 Classics, PS3 Games, Vita Games, PSN Games, etc.) that you want to see.

My jaw dropped when I saw the list for Vita PS+. I don't own any of those except for FF Tactics, and that is on a UMD. I'm glad to see all the positive comments on the blog for a change, but I'm sure they will complain next month when one title gets swapped out.

While I'm building the list, some of the new deals are live if you go to:

Games > Hot on PS3 > Weekly Deals > Hot Deals

Choplifter HD - $2.99, $2.69 for PS+
Dragon's Lair - $4.99
Hollywood Squares - $4.99
The Price is Right - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99

In regards to the update tonight, Morgan did mention that they weren't going to post the update until everyone's store was updated, to avoid the problems of last week where some people saw RE5 as free and other's didn't right away.

I'm not sure if they're doing the updates a little differently now that the store has had such dramatic changes, but this may result in slightly later updates, or at the very least slightly later PS Blog update posts. Though I have 0 knowledge of what goes on behind the scenes of the PS Store.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']While I'm building the list, some of the new deals are live if you go to:

Dragon's Lair - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99[/QUOTE]

Those last 3 are all tempting. I know those TV game show games are just lame cash ins, but at $5 a pop they might be pretty cool. Particularly Millionaire for me.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']While I'm building the list, some of the new deals are live if you go to:

Dragon's Lair - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99[/QUOTE]

funny, I was just poking around the store last night thinking 'I should pick up some game show games'

So to get the playstation plus games for Vita, do you need to already own a Vita or can you get them for playing on Vita later?

EDIT: Nevermind, i found the other thread.

Saw this response on the PS blog:

Can you download content in 2 PS3 and 1 PS vita?
You’re entitled to DRM on 2 home consoles and 2 portables
Does that mean DRM in terms of 2 different accounts or just two consoles/portables with the same account? I'm still trying to figure out if PS+ content I download on my master via PS3 will work on my sub which is used for my Vita.

[quote name='Zonic505']Saw this response on the PS blog:

Does that mean DRM in terms of 2 different accounts or just two consoles/portables with the same account? I'm still trying to figure out if PS+ content I download on my master via PS3 will work on my sub which is used for my Vita.[/QUOTE]
It's for one account, so your PS3 account with PS+ needs to be the same as the one on the Vita.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back