PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eau']What other benefits are there with PSN+ besides their specific free games/add-ons, which you can't keep after the 30 days unless you pay to renew?[/QUOTE]

Cloud storage of your saves as well as the ability to program your system to automatically update/download things for you. I believe there are some others too, but I largely just use mine for free games ;) O and I guess there are exclusive deals too, like I got Dead Nation, Sonic 4 and a few others for 25-50% off way earlier then non PS+ members.

The deals on new games is one of the key features for me, as I got Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes, Dungeon Hunter: Alliance, and Red Johnson's Chronicles for ~$28 before PSN went down rather than the $41 it would've cost me at full price. I'm more interested in getting the new stuff on sale rather than older stuff, so this works out well for me.

[quote name='JSiggy']I got a protip for ya! :bouncy:

you can download the games whenever you want, as long as they are on your past transactions list. so when the games become available, click on download and it will take you to a new screen, where you have to hit download again to start the process. If you just back out after the first time, it will be on your list and you can download whenever you want to play it.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate that tip, thanks! I know I'll eventually need a new HD but I just don't want to have to run out and buy one now because I want to take advantage of free games. I'd rather just get it when I have the money to spare. I don't download PSN titles all that much so the lack of HD space hasn't really been an issue for me and won't be until I try to take advantage of these free games.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It will be automatic once the PS Store is live.[/QUOTE]
Are you sure about that? I'd imagine you'd have to go into the store and buy the month of PS+ which will be marked as "free" at the time. I can see so much hell be raised a month later when it auto-renews because Sony doesn't outright explain that it does and how to turn it off.

[quote name='Buuhan1']Are you sure about that? I'd imagine you'd have to go into the store and buy the month of PS+ which will be marked as "free" at the time. I can see so much hell be raised a month later when it auto-renews because Sony doesn't outright explain that it does and how to turn it off.[/QUOTE]
Not 100% but it would be the simplest way to handle the 30 day program and ensure that everyone doesn't have to go through hoops to get their stuff. Sony can just turn off the auto-renew off for the free month for new people since it would be bad PR to have that on when the program ends.

1. For eligibility for the welcome back programme consumers must be an account holder on 20 April 2011. Specific details about these offers and eligibility requirements will be posted as the services go live. All existing PSN registrants have 30 days from when the welcome back programme goes live to redeem their content.
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/05/16/details-of-the-welcome-back-programme-for-scee-users-2/

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/19/pl...-next-tuesday/

This isn't a confirmation by any means, but it seems that Sony is aiming to have the PS Store up by 5/24 with additional updates on 5/27, 5/31, and 6/3 so that they're caught up with all scheduled content just in time for E3. This is still just a rumor, so we will have to see if Sony posts an update on the PS Blog tomorrow if the store will be back up then.

Already have littlebigplanet and i already platinum'ed and traded in inFAMOUS. So its between Dead Nation, Super Stardust HD and Wipeout HD + Fury. Any opinons on what is the best two of the three? Actually i believe i still got my wife's account on my ps3 so i can use her psn id to get the third game and littlebigplanet so i can trade it in.

[quote name='ULOOKUPTOME']Already have littlebigplanet and i already platinum'ed and traded in inFAMOUS. So its between Dead Nation, Super Stardust HD and Wipeout HD + Fury. Any opinons on what is the best two of the three? Actually i believe i still got my wife's account on my ps3 so i can use her psn id to get the third game and littlebigplanet so i can trade it in.[/QUOTE]

Wipeout and Super Stardust easily. I've easily put in more than 100 hours between those two games (at least 70 in Wipeout alone).

[quote name='Ardrid']Wipeout and Super Stardust easily.[/QUOTE]

+1

No competition IMO. Although personally I'm getting Dead Nation but that's because I don't own it yet. Demo seemed kinda meh but free is free.

The Wipeout games continue to be really in a league of their own in the racing genre. I don't know a single "pod racer" style game out there that can even come close to the quality experience the Wipeout franchise offers.

Super Stardust is just a ball of fun. A great little twin stick shooter that simply looks gorgeous. Typically I find that including HD in the title is redundant when everything on PS3 and 360 is presented in at least 720P, but the game is just so pretty it doesn't bother me.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']+1

No competition IMO. Although personally I'm getting Dead Nation but that's because I don't own it yet. Demo seemed kinda meh but free is free.

The Wipeout games continue to be really in a league of their own in the racing genre. I don't know a single "pod racer" style game out there that can even come close to the quality experience the Wipeout franchise offers.

Super Stardust is just a ball of fun. A great little twin stick shooter that simply looks gorgeous. Typically I find that including HD in the title is redundant when everything on PS3 and 360 is presented in at least 720P, but the game is just so pretty it doesn't bother me.[/QUOTE]
It's called Super Stardust HD because it's a remake of an old Amiga game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Stardust

[quote name='Saix_XIII']They also say the store isn't going up today. "Contrary to reports, the Store will not be publishing today."[/QUOTE]

Isn't that what they published?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/24/playstation-network-scheduled-maintenance-today/

Sony responded to rumors about the store updating today, which they're still echoing the end of the month deadline for the store's return.[/QUOTE]

I still call BS on the end of the month. Nothing against Sony, I want the PS Store up, but I still believe we will see it hit about the same time the 3DS shop does, right before E3. If not Sony is really in trouble.

[quote name='ml_paladin888']no, they only said that theyd have everything up by the end of May[/QUOTE]

Actually, they sent a memo to developers and publishers saying the 24th. So this time they didn't lie to their customers, just the providers of their game content.

The time they've taken to fix this shows either arrogant disinterest in their customers or how exceptionally cheap and bad their network really was.

If the governments and FBI really do check into the outage like they were suggesting, I'd almost guarantee that internal memos will show up detailing how Sony half assed everything about their network and store to make sure they kept it free to compete with Live.

Everything I've seen about the May 31st date has said "plan" or "schedule" or "target", I've never once seen them unequivocally say it WILL be up by May 31st. I'm not saying it wont be, just that they never said it will be, only that it was their "goal". Greece hack probably doens't help, as well as the Japan issues (I honestly don't know what they are.)

Free month of PS+ can't auto renew, can it? Who's going to willingly give up their credit card # to SONY for a 1 month free trial of a mini and PSN game rental? I never even considered it, turned off my auto renew way back when ASAP after discovering it had auto renew.

That EU blog link for the April 20th date, I wonder if it would hold in the US? Anybody who bought a PS3 since then would hire a lawyer, probably go class-action. Not saying they'ld win in court, but ultimately, after more bad press, SONY would capitulate and give them their copies of infamous and LBP. I've given this alot of thought as I've been considering a PSP 3000 purchase since early Apr. - before spring break - but got a DSi instead for $110 at Target. Still considering a PSP, been holding off since PSN went down and didn't know if I'ld be able to sign on or whatever to play all my PS+ minis and PS1 DLs. Free games would be nice, may return it if I didn't get them, not one for lawyers myself.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...including-playstation-store-return-this-week/

Some concrete info about the PS Store's return this week:
This press release just hit the wire – PlayStation Store and related services (like voucher redemption) back this week:
SONY AND SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCE FULL RESTORATION OF PLAYSTATION®NETWORK SERVICES

Tokyo, May 31, 2011 – Sony Corporation and Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) announced today that Sony Network Entertainment International (SNEI, the company) will fully restore all PlayStation®Network services in the Americas, Europe/PAL territories and Asia, excluding Japan, Hong Kong, and South Korea by the end of this week. The company will also resume Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity™ for PlayStation®3 (PS3®), PSP® (PlayStation®Portable), VAIO and other PCs. Details for Japan, Hong Kong, and South Korea as well as the remaining services on Qriocity will be announced as they become available.

The company implemented considerable security enhancements to the network infrastructure, as well as conducted testing of the payment process and commerce functions. The first phase of PlayStation Network and Qriocity restoration began on May 15 in the Americas and Europe/PAL territories, followed by Japan and Asian countries and regions on May 28, when the company brought partial services back online. With this partial restoration users were able to access to some of the services such as online game play, account management, friend lists and chat functionality were restored. The full restoration of PlayStation Network as well as part of services to become available on Qriocity will include:

• Full functionality on PlayStation®Store
• In-game commerce
• Ability to redeem vouchers and codes
• Full functionality on Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity for PS3, PSP, VAIO and other PCs
• Full functionality on Media Go

Customers can now purchase and download games and video content from the PlayStation®Store on PS3 or PSP. In addition, consumers will have full access to Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity through PS3, PSP, VAIO and other PC’s. Service restoration of Video on Demand powered by Qriocity™ and Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity for a variety of network-enabled Sony devices will be announced later.

“We have been conducting additional testing and further security verification of our commerce functions in order to bring the PlayStation Network completely back online so that our fans can again enjoy the first class entertainment experience they have come to love,” said Kazuo Hirai, Executive Deputy President, Sony Corporation. “We appreciate the patience and support shown during this time.”

The company will be offering customers a “Welcome Back” package of services and premium content to all registered PlayStation Network* and Qriocity account services. The details of this program will continue to be detailed regionally.

* Only available for those countries with access to PlayStation®Store.
We will update the PlayStation Blog when the PlayStation Store is once again open for business.

Holy shit, yeah, I'm just ready to redeem my DCUO code to play the game for once. The PSN login website has been down all week. Never been so frustrated.

[quote name='dylandersen']Holy shit, yeah, I'm just ready to redeem my DCUO code to play the game for once. The PSN login website has been down all week. Never been so frustrated.[/QUOTE]

Never? Never ever?

I wish I lived your life. You must have a carefree existence to never have been so frustrated as when a gaming service went down.

Are you sure you've never ever EVER been so frustrated? Perhaps you're exaggerating a teensy-weensy bit? (Don't worry if you were. It'll be our little secret.)

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Never? Never ever?

I wish I lived your life. You must have a carefree existence to never have been so frustrated as when a gaming service went down.

Are you sure you've never ever EVER been so frustrated? Perhaps you're exaggerating a teensy-weensy bit? (Don't worry if you were. It'll be our little secret.)[/QUOTE]

Right now it's raining cats and dogs here.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/06/01/playstation-store-is-available-and-updated-now/

Finalllllly. Lots of games added, discounts, etc. Definitely look at the blog to see everything. Not sure if any deals stand out as thread-worthy, but I figure enough time has passed that people would want to see this one here in case they missed it.

Price updates are;

Interpol: The Trail Of Dr. Chaos – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Dc Universe – 12 Month Package (12 Months) – Price Change (now $119.99, original price $143.99)
Dc Universe – 3 Month Package (3 Months) – Price Change (now $38.99, original price $41.99)
Dc Universe – 6 Month Package (6 Months) – Price Change (now $71.99, original price $77.99)
Assassin’S Creed Ii Deluxe Edition Digital – Price Change (PS3) (now $19.99, original price $29.99)
Vertigo – Price Change (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Tehra: Dark Warrior – Minis – Sale (PSP) (now $1.49, original price $4.99)
Slam Bolt Scrappers (Price Drop) (PS3) (now $9.99, original price $14.99)
Plants vs Zombies (Sale) (PS3) (now $9.99, original price $14.99)
Sam And Max – The Devil’S Playhouse – Full Season – Sale (PS3) (now $19.99, original price $29.99)
Cuboid – Sale (PS3) ((now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Digger HD – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Dragon’s Lair – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Space Ace – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Alien Havoc – Minis – Price Drop (PSP) (now $1.99, original price $4.99)
Fish Tank – Minis – Price Drop (PSP) (now $1.99, original price $3.99
Paper Wars: Cannon Fodder – Minis – Price Drop (PSP) (now $2.99, original price $4.99)

Also worth noting that the prior PS+ offers are still live, and they also added some.
New PS+;

Full Game Trial

• Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas 2
  • Dante’s Inferno Full Game Trial
Featured Games & DLC

• SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs SU90-S Shotgun (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers)
  • SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs: Abandoned Map (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers)
  • MAG Interdiction DLC (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $4.99)

Discounted Games & DLC

• Ricochet HD (PlayStation Plus price $2.50, regular price $10.00)
  • Under Siege (PlayStation Plus price $10.00, regular price $19.99)
  • Interpol (PlayStation Plus price $3.99, sale price $4.99, regular price $9.99)
  • Motor Storm Apocalypse Rare Elite Supercar (PlayStation Plus price $2.24, regular price $2.99)
  • Motor Storm Apocalypse Revelation Vehicle Pack Bundle (PlayStation Plus price $2.39, regular price $2.99)

Featured Themes & Avatars

• Resident Evil 5 – 10 Avatar Bundle (Free and exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers)
  • Resident Evil 5 – Tricell Logo Avatar (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers)
  • MotorStorm Apocalypse: Burning Avatar (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $0.49)
  • MotorStorm Apocalypse: Urban Avatar (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $0.49)
  • Anomalies Static Theme (Free and exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers)
  • SEGA Genesis Dynamic Theme (Free and exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers)
  • Street Fighter 2 – 8 Avatar Bundle ($0.99 PlayStation Plus Price, PlayStation Plus Exclusive)
  • Street Fighter 2 – Ken Avatar (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $0.49)
QORE

• May Single Episode (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $2.99)

I guess this means they really were working around the clock if this went up at 10pm PST.

UPDATE 1: As of right now, the store is really finicky for me. I'm having troubles loading pages and the store itself. I've gotten to one checkout screen with no problems (no tax was added though) but idk, just worth mentioning. Post if you are having issues or if you aren't, just to let us know.

Also, the 'Welcome Back' program is not live yet. (00:46 EST, June 2nd)

UPDATE 2: So it looks like games are the only thing staggered by the store launch, any DLC and stuff that was supposed to come out (I believe) should be on the store, even if the blog doesn't list it. Just bought a Rockstar Pass myself, although it took a lot of attempts of hitting X and O.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, i'm having some issues loading a lot of the pages in the store.

overloading servers of people trying to get free shit?

yeah, i closed it because it was funky, now i can't even reopen the store :X

not sure if i want to spam open it.. i might break it again.

I'll probably pick up the third season of Sam & Max. I have the first for the PC and the second for Wii. Might as well round out the fragmentation.

With the Store having multiple updates a week due to the down time, any word on how long the sales from each update will last?
Before the Store went down, sale prices were generally good for a week, until the next update. Hopefully today's sale prices won't be down by the next update on June 3rd.

Bah, I was hoping Marvel vs Capcom 2 was going to be on sale. I believe it was on sale when PSN went down. Still happy that PSN Store is back.

Anyone hear if the new Wizardry is good?

What happened to the Genesis classics that were going to be featured in May and June? Streets of Rage 2 and Golden Axe 2?

Good to have the store back! Downloading the demos for Infamous 3 and Motorstorm Apocalypse. A few error messages popped up, but they're downloading now just fine.

[quote name='dchrisd']I thought Plus was supposed to be free? I wanted some of those Plus demos and freebies.[/QUOTE]

None of the other 'Welcome Back' stuff went live either. Hopefully sometime today / tomorrow?

The store is so janky right now, i'm glad this day isn't counting towards one of the free days of plus.

[quote name='rapsodist']Good to have the store back! Downloading the demos for Infamous 3 and Motorstorm Apocalypse. A few error messages popped up, but they're downloading now just fine.[/QUOTE]

Whoa, Sucker Punch isn't wasting any time are they? :p

[quote name='rapsodist']Good to have the store back! Downloading the demos for Infamous 3 and Motorstorm Apocalypse. A few error messages popped up, but they're downloading now just fine.[/QUOTE]

Doing the same now. Good call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back