PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Via the Uncharted 4 Explorer's Pack, after purchasing the Lost Legacy pre-order for free I did get the pre-order theme. I didn't see any signs of Jak and Daxter, but maybe that stuff isn't up yet. I won't mind if I don't get that game. I am getting The Lost Legacy for just $20.

I didn't think I would start playing Lost Legacy next week because the Overwatch Summer event will still be running, but I already pretty much got everything I want. The updated loot boxes and buying up last year's discounted legendary skins at the start really helped.

I think I'll switch to The Lost Legacy's theme to build hype. Makoto Niijima had a two month run.
Jak & Daxter is only available at launch next week.

There's a couple games that I want for this week sale but I'm going to hold out till Friday. I think a PSN Flash Sale is supposed to come this weekend.

Can someone clarify DoA5 Last Round? Is this pretty much a definitive one that has all characters and stages?
It's the most "definitive" form of that game you can buy.

But sadly the title is also one of the most unbearable dlc/micro-transaction oriented games I've seen. It has turned me off to even trying to keep up with it. I think there are two additional dlc characters that have been released after LR that are not included in the base game.

It's the most "definitive" form of that game you can buy.

But sadly the title is also one of the most unbearable dlc/micro-transaction oriented games I've seen. It has turned me off to even trying to keep up with it. I think there are two additional dlc characters that have been released after LR that are not included in the base game.
Yeah exactly why I've avoided it so long. Lately i am buying my fighters digital so i figure i should grab whatever is on a decent sale. This seems good. Thanks!

Valhalla nights 3 has trophies you effectively need to buy. One is getting every class to lvl 99. You can either spend dozens and dozens of hours grinding that, or for a buck or two each buy a pile of pills that gives you 10 levels. Disgusting.

I think there was another one too. I actually enjoyed the game and got all the other trophies before discovering how f'd I was.

Only have easy online trophies for just cause 3 left. Holy hell some of those challenges were hard. Had an absolute blast with the game.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/08/17/ps4s-system-software-5-00-beta-rolls-out-today-key-features-detailed/

The PS4 FW 5.0 beta rolls out today for those that are chosen and they've detailed some of the new features and changes:

Family on PSN

We’re overhauling the current master/sub-account system, and introducing the new “Family on PlayStation Network.” This new system will offer a more flexible experience for families on PS4 by making it easier to setup PSN accounts for children and customize parental control settings. Below are the new features that will be introduced with family on PSN:

Family Manager, Parent/Guardian

Family on PSN will allow multiple adults to be part of a single family. The Family Manager can promote another adult inside the family to a Parent/Guardian, who can then customize parental control levels of children’s accounts.

Individualized Parental Controls

Before this update, the same parental controls were applied to all users on the same console, including adults. But with 5.00, all controls (including game age ratings) can be individually attuned for each child.

Friend List Management

In place of the current ‘Favorite Groups’ tab, we’re adding a new ‘Custom Lists’ tab within Friends, which allows you to create and edit custom lists of your friends. This makes it easier for you to manage your friends and access specific groups. For example, you can create a custom list of your Destiny teammates and easily send them raid invites.

Broadcast feature updates

Communities

If you own a community, you can now bind your community to your broadcast. When a broadcast is linked to a community, the community button appears on the Live from PlayStation spectator screen. Once a spectator clicks on the community button, they’ll be able to jump directly to your community page to check out the details.

PlayStation VR

We’ve added a new setting in PlayStation VR: Display Message to Spectators and Spectators’ Comments. Once this is enabled, spectator comments sent during a broadcast is displayed not only in cinematic mode, but also in VR mode. This makes it much easier for VR broadcasters to keep up on comments and communicate with their viewers.

PlayStation 4 Pro

Good news Twitch users: with this update, PS4 Pro will support 1080p 60fps streaming on Twitch.

Messages Improvements

You’ve already been able to share your favorite music to Twitter and Facebook via PlayStation Music, but now you’ll also be able to share via messages using your PS4. If your friends are on PS4, they can listen to the track right inside the message by booting up Quick Menu, and if they’re on their mobile device, they can jump directly to the Spotify app from the PS Messages app to check out the song.

In addition, if you’re part of multiple message groups, you can now easily leave several groups at once. Just open up Options in the message list, select Leave, and choose the message groups you want to leave.

Notifications Updates

We’ve added a new setting that allows you to disable pop-up notifications while you’re watching a movie or TV show on your PS4. This setting is off by default, so go to Settings > Notifications to disable notifications and go uninterrupted during your videos.

Furthermore, you now have the option to turn off message previews on your pop-up notifications. If you turn this setting off, the pop-up notification will hide the message senders’ online ID and will display a generic user icon and message instead.

Lastly, you’ll have the option to change the color of your pop-up notifications to either white (default) or black.

Quick Menu Updates

If you want to keep an eye out on what’s happening under Notifications, like the progress of your game downloads/installations or new party invites, you can now access this directly from the Quick Menu so you don’t have to step away from your game every time you want to check your notifications.

Also, we’ve added a ‘Leave Party’ option in the Quick Menu, so you can easily exit a party and go right back to playing your game.

In addition, now you’ll see the system clock in the upper-right corner of the screen when you pop open the Quick Menu.

Virtual Surround Sound on PS VR

PlayStation VR now supports 5.1ch and 7.1ch virtual surround sound on your headphones when watching Blu-rays and DVDs in Cinematic Mode, making for an even more immersive viewing experience

Improved Tournaments Bracket Viewer

We have a new bracket viewer that shows full tournament brackets for Single Elimination and Double Elimination tournaments on PS4. This makes it easier for you to see the current tournament standings.

New System Language Additions

With this update, we’re adding the following system language options on PS4: Czech, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Romanian, Thai and Vietnamese.

So any chance this new family manager setting will lead to being able to gameshare with more than one person? I imagine they're probably unrelated things but one can hope.

Cool, i can finally turn my notifications back to black from the gaudy white that always looked out of place during a game session.

Everything else....MEH! 

This seems like a piece meal update that couldve happened during the spring, nothing major here that justifies waiting Months for a big update. 

Any thoughts on Final Fantasy VII? I haven't played it since it came out on PSX and been wanting to try it again. I heard about the looping music issue but that doesn't bother me much. I've just been waiting for it to go on sale and not sure if I should grab it or not!

Has Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap been on sale yet? Looking for a fun platformer and have wanted it for a while. Debating on just sucking it up and buying it.

Know there may be a flash sale tomorrow but doubt it’ll be i it (of course, if I buy it, it probably will be).

Has Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap been on sale yet? Looking for a fun platformer and have wanted it for a while. Debating on just sucking it up and buying it.

Know there may be a flash sale tomorrow but doubt it’ll be i it (of course, if I buy it, it probably will be).
Its a game that will inevitably be $5 or less at some point. Save your money and your backlog.

Cool, i can finally turn my notifications back to black from the gaudy white that always looked out of place during a game session.

Everything else....MEH!

This seems like a piece meal update that couldve happened during the spring, nothing major here that justifies waiting Months for a big update.
It's a great update if you stream and have a Pro. Otherwise, I agree.

Has the Dark Souls 3 Season Pass and the Bloodborne Old Hunters DLC ever been on sale before?
I bought the Old Hunters DLC on sale a long time ago but not sure how often it's gone on sale before or since. It's really really good for what it's worth.

I bought the Old Hunters DLC on sale a long time ago but not sure how often it's gone on sale before or since. It's really really good for what it's worth.
It was on sale in the NA once I think and that was months ago. We waited a loooong time for that sale. Some of the other regions have been luckier.

Bard's Tale is out on PS4 and Vita now for $9.99. The Vita page lists the combined size of both versions, which would imply that it's cross-buy title. However, neither of the pages nor any website with info about the game mentions that it has cross-buy. If someone buys it today, can you say if it does come with both versions or not?

If I were to want a sports game to play alongside lengthy RPG's (kinda bored of defaulting to Diablo 3 for this purpose) and I wanted maybe a baseball game, would it be better to grab the cheaper option in MLB The Show 16 or wait for a sale/price drop for 17?

​I have not played a baseball game since Tecmo Super Baseball on SNES, so roster wouldn't matter much. But if there are significant gameplay/graphics differences between the two that might​ matter a little bit. Also I'll probably only play offline so online population won't matter to me.

​Or I'd be open to other suggestions as well, as long as it doesn't have those cheesy story modes in it like the NBA 2K games. I was interested in those but that sorta ruined it for me. The way they talk you up like you're the next big thing even if you're garbage at playing it...
YMMV but I just picked up the MVP edition for $37 at my local Costco.

Absolutely not. Possibly if you were a diehard Saints Row fan, but otherwise no.

It will be $20 within 3-4 months (possibly less). Reviews are mostly mediocre to bad.
Word

Watched some reviews and they were all over the place. I worked on the original Saints Row so it holds a special place in my heart hahaha. I'll prob just wait on it.

Yeah exactly why I've avoided it so long. Lately i am buying my fighters digital so i figure i should grab whatever is on a decent sale. This seems good. Thanks!
The amount and cost of costume DLC available for DOA5 is just laughably ridiculous, but I just ignore it, it doesn't affect my enjoyment of the game, which I do like quite a lot. The only thing you'll be missing, outside of zillions of costumes, is 2 DLC characters, Naotora li and Mai Shiranui.

The amount and cost of costume DLC available for DOA5 is just laughably ridiculous, but I just ignore it, it doesn't affect my enjoyment of the game, which I do like quite a lot. The only thing you'll be missing, outside of zillions of costumes, is 2 DLC characters, Naotora li and Mai Shiranui.
What I find most ironic and laughable of all is that for a game that sells so many costumes/outfits, what most players really wish is to just have naked characters.

Because...they had a gun? I shoot a lot of guys in the head who don't even see me. They're probably just sitting there wondering what's for dinner tonight, how they're gonna pay the mortgage and boom, dead.
Can't save them all. 'Tis the tragedy of being a henchman.

Because...they had a gun? I shoot a lot of guys in the head who don't even see me. They're probably just sitting there wondering what's for dinner tonight, how they're gonna pay the mortgage and boom, dead.
682802964_8CjvU-2100x20000.jpg

Bard's Tale is out on PS4 and Vita now for $9.99. The Vita page lists the combined size of both versions, which would imply that it's cross-buy title. However, neither of the pages nor any website with info about the game mentions that it has cross-buy. If someone buys it today, can you say if it does come with both versions or not?
Does it have the original trilogy included like some other versions do?

I Was always disappointed in the flashback sequences for Uncharted 3 that there was no flashback to Nathan Drake killing someone for the first time. He does it so often that I was hoping there would be a scene where he horribly murders someone merely for cutting him in front of a line for a bathroom as a horrified (or impressed?) Sully looks on. Then again Uncharted 3 was a total disappointment compared to the first two.

I Was always disappointed in the flashback sequences for Uncharted 3 that there was no flashback to Nathan Drake killing someone for the first time. He does it so often that I was hoping there would be a scene where he horribly murders someone merely for cutting him in front of a line for a bathroom as a horrified (or impressed?) Sully looks on. Then again Uncharted 3 was a total disappointment compared to the first two.
how was the first game better than 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back