PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Lego Worlds any good? I'm not a big fan of Lego games but wasn't sure if it was more like a Minecraft with legos instead.

Is Lego Worlds any good? I'm not a big fan of Lego games but wasn't sure if it was more like a Minecraft with legos instead.
I used to have it on disc. It really is the closest thing to Minecraft with Lego like you said. I didn’t really enjoy it too much though but that’s just me. It felt a bit shallow and pointless and that’s coming from someone who loves the Lego video game series.

I haven't played Minecraft to compare it to, but I'll take Mr. Squirrel's word for it. It has improved a lot since it was first released; although the game is still not linear like the other Lego titles, they have added a better quest structure so that things don't feel as random. It can be pretty fun discovering new worlds and collecting people, vehicles, bricks and animals, as well as building new things, but yeah, it does feel like one big sandbox sometimes. I continue playing it and the DLC helps keep it fresh as well. But it's not an easy Platinum by any means. All but one trophy is easy: Collect A Billion Studs. It'll take a loooong while unless you happen to find some kind of exploit to help speed it along.

I

Also the sale this week is pretty meh. I still kinda want Mad Max at some point but I am not in a rush, especially when it goes on sale at least once a month. Also it has always kinda looked like a good PS+ target to me.
It's a great open world game, AAA for $5. Why in the world would you wait just in case it's on PS+? $5 is a coffee.

Hand of fate 2 released? Anyone have impressions? I liked the first to a point....
I had no idea til I saw it in Frisky's list! I knew it was coming eventually, but no idea so soon.

I -loved- the first game. Had a blast plat'ing it.

It's a great open world game, AAA for $5. Why in the world would you wait just in case it's on PS+? $5 is a coffee.
PS+ isn't really the prime reason to not buy it, just a side effect, main reason is that I realistically won't play it anytime soon so it's a waste of cash right now.

Sony really dropped the ball here--they could have had a big "PLAYSTATION IS AWESOME" (or something along those lines) sale to try to divert people away from the XB1X. Have they not heard of competition?

Then again, maybe this is Sony just saying that they're not worried about the XB1X, but come on, why not have a big sale anyway?
Maybe they will bring something like this here for the holidays. Much better way to divert some sales IMO.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-x-is-here-so-sony-uk-just-announced-a-ps4/1100-6454739/

It sucks that the Batman Season Pass isn’t on sale, despite the Complete Edition being so. Oh well, more money to spend on Mad Max and LEGO games.

It sucks that the Batman Season Pass isn’t on sale, despite the Complete Edition being so. Oh well, more money to spend on Mad Max and LEGO games.
It’s weird. It’s also weird that the Shadow of Mordor season pass stand-alone costs more than the complete edition.

But your backlog must be hungry
I fed the darned thing enough over the past month! Sometimes you just gotta put your foot down and tell it no!

Pretty easy to do in this case because according to psprices this is the 5th time Mad Max has been on sale within the past year. I figure when the mood does strike me to actually play it there will be another sale right around the corner (or PS+ which was the gist of my original point.)

I checked after midnight yesterday to see if the Horizon DLC would stay at $14.99 and I saw $19.99.

But now it shows $14.99 again. Wtf i wouldnt have used my 20% coupon yesterday if that was the case

So to anyone who has played The Frozen Wilds...is it worth picking up the game and playing through the dlc for someone who platinumed the game already?

So to anyone who has played The Frozen Wilds...is it worth picking up the game and playing through the dlc for someone who platinumed the game already?

Absolutely! I'm trying to take my time with it since GG said this is the only dlc for it...GG bumped up the full body animations, the vistas and snow are beautiful and new robots are a blast to take down . I've also plat'd and ran ultra hard for its trophies so I maybe a little biased.

Since we get the Black Friday sales and the flash sale during the same week, it would be a good idea to work on the 15% off PSN coupon from Sony Rewards so you have that ready for use. They usually give us 10% off.

So long story short I have both an og xbox one and an og ps4 my wife and I just had  our 2nd child and gaming time is at a premium anymore.  Highly considering selling my ps4 and everything I have for it towards an an xbox one x and just focusing on the xbox since my ps4 will sit for month at a time.  Was just wondering what you guys think would be a fair price for my ps4 and everything I have.

-1 TB OG ps4

- 2 Controllers ( literally just bout a red magma one last week and used it once just to do some updates on the system)

- My PSN account which has 

- 10 months of ps + left on it

- 288 digital games (included in that count are the free games from plus since launch)

- Physical games

-Far Cry 4

- Guitar Hero Live w/ guitar

- Metal Gear Solid V

- Persona 5 Steel Book

- Steep

- Kingdom Hearts

- Wasteland 2

- Valkyria Chronicles Remaster Steel Book

- The Witcher 3

- Probably forgetting some others

So long story short I have both an og xbox one and an og ps4 my wife and I just had our 2nd child and gaming time is at a premium anymore. Highly considering selling my ps4 and everything I have for it towards an an xbox one x and just focusing on the xbox since my ps4 will sit for month at a time. Was just wondering what you guys think would be a fair price for my ps4 and everything I have.

-1 TB OG ps4

- 2 Controllers ( literally just bout a red magma one last week and used it once just to do some updates on the system)

- 288 digital games (included in that count are the free games from plus since launch)

- Physical games

-Far Cry 4

- Metal Gear Solid V

- Persona 5 Steel Book

- Steep

- Kingdom Hearts

- Wasteland 2

- The Witcher 3

I counted up maybe $120ish for the games (going on lows and some are worth little like Guitar Hero Live). For an original PS4 also maybe $150ish plus maybe $15-20 for the controllers. Don't sell the PSN. Honestly PS4 is the way to go this generation IMHO, so don't be too hasty in selling everything unless you just know you don't want it anymore. There are way too many awesome exclusives for PS4 and it's just not worth skipping out on those, though maybe 3rd party games released on multiple systems may run better on the XBoneX. Congrats on the child nonetheless.

Wasn't Max developed by Press Play which was a Microsoft second party that they closed last year? Isn't this kind of a big deal that it is on the PS4? Excellent game btw..

Think people may be talking about the app. The store in a browser is the same as far as I can tell.
There are some changes to the website.. for one they got rid of the splash screen when you first load the site, it now goes right to the store and loads your profile in the upper corner instead.. makes it nice because you can start browsing right away and I wonder if this will fix the problem people had where you couldn't get into the store at all if you had a cookie that got corrupted. Another change is the missing spot to enter promo codes in the cart.. I assume this will come back just like your wallet balance returned last time they did an overhaul and it disappeared for a week or so. I'm also getting a weird thing where the add to cart button is missing in list view on some games, but I can add to cart if I click into the specific game.

I counted up maybe $120ish for the games (going on lows and some are worth little like Guitar Hero V). For an original PS4 also maybe $150ish plus maybe $15-20 for the controllers. Don't sell the PSN. Honestly PS4 is the way to go this generation IMHO, so don't be too hasty in selling everything unless you just know you don't want it anymore. There are way too many awesome exclusives for PS4 and it's just not worth skipping out on those, though maybe 3rd party games released on multiple systems may run better on the XBoneX. Congrats on the child nonetheless.
Thanks man! Yea I definitely agree it is, before I got my og one I was completely fine with my ps4 then I got the one and have just been having more fun with it but there are a handful of ps4 titles I would miss and it does seem like a waste with all the money I've spent on ps4 and games that I feel bad letting it just sit for months at a time but maybe it is better to just keep it. Very tough call

Thanks man! Yea I definitely agree it is, before I got my og one I was completely fine with my ps4 then I got the one and have just been having more fun with it but there are a handful of ps4 titles I would miss and it does seem like a waste with all the money I've spent on ps4 and games that I feel bad letting it just sit for months at a time but maybe it is better to just keep it. Very tough call
As someone who has four kids, keep it. You’ll find time as they get older and less demanding to enjoy it.

As someone who has four kids, keep it. You’ll find time as they get older and less demanding to enjoy it.
maybe if you get them a car or let you borrow yours/your spouses. Or they sponge off their friends. I don't know how my sister manages to find time for herself with her 4 kids ranging from 8 to 17. Soccer, softball, band, ect. Sure wish we had the tubes from futurama.

Once they sleep through the night 1-2ish, you have a house bedtime at like 8pm and you’re golden to watch a show or play a game for a few hours. Just don’t be the dude on Madden yelling at his kids in the middle of the dad. Maintain your family/legacy first and find time for the rest.

Once they sleep through the night 1-2ish, you have a house bedtime at like 8pm and you’re golden to watch a show or play a game for a few hours. Just don’t be the dude on Madden yelling at his kids in the middle of the dad. Maintain your family/legacy first and find time for the rest.
Yup, this is true. As I had posted earlier in this thread, my problem now is that its hard to play certain games because my wife is also a gamer. She likes RPG's so long games like ME: A take me forever to complete because I can't play in front of her. But since the kid started sleeping through the night, we get to regularly game/watch TV.

Even without kids RPGs are tough for me to handle these days. They just require a mass investment and a lot of the time my time or interest in them just isn't there. We have amazing ones like Persona 5 and many not bad or decent ones and a bunch that are just me toos. I generally prefer games that don't waste your time now. That usually just means VNs since I read very fast and have a good time enjoying the characters and stories.

Even without kids RPGs are tough for me to handle these days. They just require a mass investment and a lot of the time my time or interest in them just isn't there. We have amazing ones like Persona 5 and many not bad or decent ones and a bunch that are just me toos. I generally prefer games that don't waste your time now. That usually just means VNs since I read very fast and have a good time enjoying the characters and stories.
I was actually just thinking about gaming as a whole last night while watching Stranger Things. I was thinking that if they grew up today, there’d probably have been no reason to go out and adventure like them because even the most devoted gamer has backlogs. Since I grew up back then I know games were more arcade, less deep and involved. Today there’s so many like that, it’s hard to truly devote yourself to the level of immersion developers create. That’s why I often have to take a pass on a lot of games or restrict myself to main story only. Some of course sit in my backlog but I try to toss that each time I adopt/upgrade to a new system.

So long story short I have both an og xbox one and an og ps4 my wife and I just had our 2nd child and gaming time is at a premium anymore. Highly considering selling my ps4 and everything I have for it towards an an xbox one x and just focusing on the xbox since my ps4 will sit for month at a time. Was just wondering what you guys think would be a fair price for my ps4 and everything I have.

-1 TB OG ps4

- Physical games

-Far Cry 4

- Metal Gear Solid V

- Persona 5 Steel Book

- Steep

- Kingdom Hearts

- Wasteland 2

- The Witcher 3

I wouldn't advertise your PSN account as part of the bundle when you sell it. It has very little, if any, value to potential buyers. Anyone looking to buy a PS4 for the first time probably doesn't want a pre-made account where lots of trophies have been earned already. Also keep in mind when selling on Craigslist and Offerup, people aren't shopping with deep pockets (gamers in particular). Don't sell everything as one bundle for a huge price, no matter how sweet of a deal it is. Break it up into reasonable mini-bundles if you can so you don't scare people off with a high asking price.

Is anyone else having an issue where a LARGE chunk of your wishlist has been mysteriously deleted? I lost 50 items i had saved in it!
I had a problem like that a few days ago. 30 item list dropped to 2 on desktop. Via browse on phone they all showed up. On desktop, I signed out, use a cookie editor to delete all cookies with playstation in the domain. Signed back in. Been all good since.

I wouldn't advertise your PSN account as part of the bundle when you sell it. It has very little, if any, value to potential buyers. Anyone looking to buy a PS4 for the first time probably doesn't want a pre-made account where lots of trophies have been earned already. Also keep in mind when selling on Craigslist and Offerup, people aren't shopping with deep pockets (gamers in particular). Don't sell everything as one bundle for a huge price, no matter how sweet of a deal it is. Break it up into reasonable mini-bundles if you can so you don't scare people off with a high asking price.
I don't know... if he's willing to accept the risks involved with selling his PSN account then I would argue that has more value than anything else since most sane people shouldn't care about trophies already being achieved lol. At least to have it available as a secondary profile for all the games attached could be a huge benefit for a lot of people.

I don't know... if he's willing to accept the risks involved with selling his PSN account then I would argue that has more value than anything else since most sane people shouldn't care about trophies already being achieved lol. At least to have it available as a secondary profile for all the games attached could be a huge benefit for a lot of people.
I still don't think anyone buying in the used market is willing to put down a reasonable amount of money for digital games like that. it's a long shot. the price of including the account will likely detract people rather than attract them, unless you're willing to value it at like $50 or less.

I still don't think anyone buying in the used market is willing to put down a reasonable amount of money for digital games like that. it's a long shot. the price of including the account will likely detract people rather than attract them, unless you're willing to value it at like $50 or less.
I agree. 3+ years ago I considered selling my Live account but didn't have nearly as many games tied to it. Figured it was likely against the TOS and pretty easy to get ripped off as well.

I think it would be hard to find someone wanting to give you anywhere near what you probably want for 288 digital games.

Maybe sell off the system and physical games and hold onto your Live account. Maybe some day down the road you will want it again.

PS4 1TB Slim console will be $199 at BB and Target (and probably everyone else). So you would have to find someone who is oblivious BF being a couple weeks away.

I don't too many of those physical games are worth a whole lot either. FC4 is probably $10-$15 new on BF too.

Maybe trade it to GS use the credit towards the XBox One X or games for it? They probably have some trade up promo which might make it easier and just as profitable then trying to sell it locally yourself.

40% bump for games and accessories at least.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/364702-gamestop-deals-faq-in-1st-post/page-1

Don't sell your PSN account.   You might want it later. Heck, I wouldn't sell the pS4 either.  

As a dad, the absolute best investment you can make is picking up a Vita.  With ps+, if you've been getting all the games, you already have a huge library.   It's been the best thing ever for me, between ps1/psp/vita games and being able to remote play ps4 games.    

Instant pause/resume, long battery life, etc.    One kid napping and the other decides to play in his room but you have no idea how long you have?  Vita.    Baby needs to be change?   Click suspend button, change diaper/etc, click power button again and you're instantly playing.  Perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back