PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really liked Prototype 1 (played/beat on PS3)

Prototype 2 was bought using GCU coupons I think (?), can't remember much about 2 even though I also beat it. 1's protag left a far more lasting impression.

Did the PS4 Pro console only from last month come with a 20% off PSN code? My nephew got one last month and wants to buy a game on PSN. He left box at his grand mothers house. Before he drives her crazy looking for a code I wanted see if there even is one to be found.

Thanks!

I could have sworn more recent Pros didn’t have a code from the way people were talking. Sony was issuing them a $10 code soon after purchase via message on the console itself.

I’d still look in the box just in case though.
My PS4 Pro Destiny 2 bundle DID come with a multi-fold pamphlet that had a 20% off code on the next to the last page (inside fold). I got it Black Friday week.

I've been weighing my choices for the last two weeks and then just made a snap judgement and got Resident Evil 7 VR and the Rhombus of Ruin. Now I'm going to sit in the dark and regret not getting the other things I was considering getting.

I've been playing a bunch of Lara Croft Go over the past few days and it's really good. While Hitman Go is more like an adaptation of that stealth gameplay to a board game, Lara Croft Go distills the core Tomb Raider mechanics into more of a turn-based puzzle with lots of climbing, taking out enemies in various ways, and avoiding traps and other obstacles. They also have some cool costume unlocks with a variety of classic outfits to unlock with the collectibles and some other Square Enix costumes (Hitman, Deus Ex, Just Cause) that are also pretty good.
That was a Week 1 purchase for me. I can't wait to get to it next year.

Psycho Pass PS4 added to PS+ list making this a pretty great month
Cool. They actually had it on sale yesterday and I was like WTF? Hopefully they refund anyone who bought it.

I somehow missed that Wild Guns Reloaded was on sale. Probably has been in the past as well but always wanted to grab that some arcade action. $11.99 is a decent price.

Any feedback on these:

Children of the Zodiarcs [looks amazing, card and dice based combat rpg]

Butcher

Jydge

Time Recoil [by the same people as Jydge, Crimsonland, etc]

Warhammer Quest

Gunscape

Cladun

also debating Bloodborne complete... I plat'd the game, but havent played the DLC. $13 is a fantastic price for it all, but it's still money.
Jydge and Time Recoil are both alright twin stick shooters with moderately interesting mechanics. Neither are essential but there's also a lot worse games out there.

I didn't like Cladun, only played for a couple hours and got bored.

This might have been posted before, but just in case:

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/gameservers/
Looks like I'm going to have to go back to WipEout HD & 2048 to get as many multiplayer trophies as possible.
Don't know the current population of the multiplayer, but I have both WipEout HD/Fury & 2048 if you need someone to play with. May have played a small bit of MP for 2048, don't think any for HD/Fury. Also have Killzone 2 & 3, played 2's MP extensively and 3's for a short time, both fun.
I wouldn't mind joining you guys on getting the online WipEout HD/Fury trophies before the servers go down. It looks like there are five online trophies that don't seem particularly difficult, it just requires cooperation with others. One particularly nasty trophy is Bling Brigade, which requires an online race of eight players all wearing a Campaign Skin (which is only awarded by completing each race with at least bronze.) The chance of entering a race with seven random players, each wearing a campaign skin, especially this late in the game is zero to none. But it can be accomplished if a bunch (at least eight) of us work together towards it. Last years, I organized an effort with a bunch of other CAGs, such as JoshTX, Romeo, Saix_XIII, and 20 others to make sure we got all the Disney Infinity trophies before the servers went down. I think if we get enough people working towards WipEout, we can accomplish this as well.

I just found out that all of my PSN purchases for the past month were not linked to my Sony Rewards account. If they had been, I would have easily earned a $10 credit voucher or more with all the multiplication of points, plus dozens of trophies I've accumulated. Of course, customer service is giving me the runaround, saying they don't have "access" to my account or recent purchases, even though I can pull up all the receipts and transaction numbers easily. Needless to say, I'm feeling like the lowest piece of shit...

I can't pull the trigger on my current $90 cart unless I get some sort of extra savings or discount code. O, woe is me.

I just found out that all of my PSN purchases for the past month were not linked to my Sony Rewards account. If they had been, I would have easily earned a $10 credit voucher or more with all the multiplication of points, plus dozens of trophies I've accumulated. Of course, customer service is giving me the runaround, saying they don't have "access" to my account or recent purchases, even though I can pull up all the receipts and transaction numbers easily. Needless to say, I'm feeling like the lowest piece of shit...

I can't pull the trigger on my current $90 cart unless I get some sort of extra savings or discount code. O, woe is me.
I linked my PSN account to my Sony Rewards account when I first signed up. I recently had to change my security question so I wonder if that's why I haven't gotten any points from recent purchases during the BF and Holiday sales. Was hoping to have enough points to get a $10 credit voucher as well. Would like to use it to get Resogun and Vector Unit Triple Pack. I'll wait on getting The Last Guardian and Prototype Franchise Bundle until they're on sale again.

EDIT: I did get points for my BF Holiday week 1 sales purchases, nothing for my week 2 and week 3 purchases yet.

It just sucks 'cause I spent more in the past two months on games than I ever have before in my life. Like, a ridiculous amount. I recently made the mistake of tabulating my purchases since November and...I'm legitimately questioning my mental faculties. I feel like I need an intervention or something. I can't wait till the next week of sales is over because I'm getting out of here and not looking back.

It just sucks 'cause I spent more in the past two months on games than I ever have before in my life. Like, a ridiculous amount. I recently made the mistake of tabulating my purchases since November and...I'm legitimately questioning my mental faculties. I feel like I need an intervention or something. I can't wait till the next week of sales is over because I'm getting out of here and not looking back.
The first step is admitting the problem...

The second step is to buy more games. :)

Seriously though, I’m in the same boat. Bought a ton of games over the holidays plus a Wii U and more games for it. I gotta chill on the purchases.

Thankfully that Wii U purchase has got me hooked and deep into Breath of the Wild so maybe that will slow me down a bit (though I bought two more PS4 games tonight).

The first step is admitting the problem...

The second step is to buy more games. :)
Haha, I don't know why, but that comment made me feel better. I'm glad I'm in a safe space; nobody else would understand.

My biggest purchase this year was the PSVR headset, and I've been buying a fuckton of games for it in order to exploit the platform. I keep telling myself I'm budgeting for the rest of the year, but truthfully, I've already spent the entire year's budget for food, gas and bills, too. :p

Sony really fucked us this year with really great deals. Once Week 5 is posted, I have no choice but to unsubscribe from this thread. I hope I'll be able to hold out again until next holiday sales (despite several high-profile games I'm really looking forward to this year).

Ah, the life of a CAG.

Encountered the same epiphany.. for me, going completely digital has helped eliminate the need to keep buying games to add to my shelf and never play, since there is no collecting element to digital games. If that doesn't help you, then embrace the madness and enjoy the ride down to the deepest depths of insanity.

I linked my PSN account to my Sony Rewards account when I first signed up. I recently had to change my security question so I wonder if that's why I haven't gotten any points from recent purchases during the BF and Holiday sales. Was hoping to have enough points to get a $10 credit voucher as well. Would like to use it to get Resogun and Vector Unit Triple Pack. I'll wait on getting The Last Guardian and Prototype Franchise Bundle until they're on sale again.

EDIT: I did get points for my BF Holiday week 1 sales purchases, nothing for my week 2 and week 3 purchases yet.
Their site is fucked. None of my December holiday purchases have showed up as points on Sony Rewards, I spent $135 on the 22nd and still no points. I know it has nothing to do with being linked because my trophy passes are accumulating correctly. I'm gonna complain soon, that always works for me.

Very true. The DLC is awesome. A couple of the bosses in there are ranked as one of the top 10 in the whole fromsoft collection. One in particular is easily top 3 for me and many others.
Just wanted to add that the DLC is also fucking hard. Like, without spoiling anything from the DLC, the end boss is nuts, the first boss is ridiculously hard and a optional boss is stupid hard. That said, three of the DLC bosses are also some of the best From Software have ever produce and the environments are really diverse and weird. Man, but that difficulty is insane! It makes the end boss of the main game feel like a wimp.

The DLC starts like it looks like From Software went cheap on the DLC and re-hashed content, then it starts hitting you and by the end of the DLC, I found myself nose-deep on Bloodborne related podcasts and forums trying to piece things together. It is great and totally a highlight in From Software's repertoire.

PS: Do not let the difficulty dissuade you from playing it. I was able to obtain all the trophies from both main game & DLC. It was tough but totally worth the ride.

Snow day on the East Coast! I hope all East Coast PSN thread posters will be safe if they have to go out today. If not, use this as opportunity to attack their backlogs as I plan to do today.

I finally removed my physical copies of Dungeons II, Helldivers, and Wasteland 2 for PS4 from their cellophane prisons. Which should I play first? Granted, I could spend the entire day playing Spelunky or Risk of Rain a hundred times each, but I have heard good things about each of the aforementioned games.

Snow day on the East Coast! I hope all East Coast PSN thread posters will be safe if they have to go out today. If not, use this as opportunity to attack their backlogs as I plan to do today.

I finally removed my physical copies of Dungeons II, Helldivers, and Wasteland 2 for PS4 from their cellophane prisons. Which should I play first? Granted, I could spend the entire day playing Spelunky or Risk of Rain a hundred times each, but I have heard good things about each of the aforementioned games.
Go on howlongtobeat and pick the shortest one that you can finish today (but not the game that you can play many many times because its so short....so Risk of Rain is out). Bam, one thing off your list.

Go on howlongtobeat and pick the shortest one that you can finish today (but not the game that you can play many many times because its so short....so Risk of Rain is out). Bam, one thing off your list.
Good idea. Wasteland 2 is definitely out if I'm looking for something short. I just figured I better at least try each of them since I have the time today, and they have been laying around. I didn't play my PS4 for a few months because my PC has been my go-to for gaming as of late, but this thing is a pretty kick-ass system!

I can appreciate them trying something new, but wouldn't recommend for the sale price.
I'm interested in this but the short length and it being some experimental indie/AAA hybrid thing has me thinking even $20 is a bit much for a sale price.

Right now I'm playing Nioh, Destiny 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, and best Uncharted Lost Legacy all for $16 a piece. As a cheap ass gamer I'll wait for Hellblade to drop to $10

I wouldn't mind joining you guys on getting the online WipEout HD/Fury trophies before the servers go down. It looks like there are five online trophies that don't seem particularly difficult, it just requires cooperation with others. One particularly nasty trophy is Bling Brigade, which requires an online race of eight players all wearing a Campaign Skin (which is only awarded by completing each race with at least bronze.) The chance of entering a race with seven random players, each wearing a campaign skin, especially this late in the game is zero to none. But it can be accomplished if a bunch (at least eight) of us work together towards it. Last years, I organized an effort with a bunch of other CAGs, such as JoshTX, Romeo, Saix_XIII, and 20 others to make sure we got all the Disney Infinity trophies before the servers went down. I think if we get enough people working towards WipEout, we can accomplish this as well.
Seems you just volunteered to be the organizing committee. :)

Was curious, so popped into 2048 after booting up the Vita last night. Started MP and was quickly put into a lobby with 5 other players. Seems to not have a lack of players currently, so I'm gonna start playing that now off and on. Good to get back to playing WipEout in anticipation of the VR patch coming to Omega. Can't wait for WipEout in VR, first game I thought of when VR was announced. Hope they implemented it well because to me it seems the perfect game for it.

Their site is fucked. None of my December holiday purchases have showed up as points on Sony Rewards, I spent $135 on the 22nd and still no points. I know it has nothing to do with being linked because my trophy passes are accumulating correctly. I'm gonna complain soon, that always works for me.
Dang, $135 spent and the 22nd and nothing to show for it. That's incredibly screwed up on Sony's part right there. If I don't see the points from my week 2 and 3 purchases I'll be calling CS.

None of my trophies for the past month or so have been recorded.  Why is Sony Rewards this slow? 

For those talking about seagate brand external hard drives. I bumped an external seagate over on to the floor that is attached to my PS4 recently (about 3 to 5 inch fall from the terrible setup I have going on at the moment). Fortunately it is still working. Before I bumped the drive (and after), upon booting up my PS4, I would have to repair the drive. Not exactly sure why it's happening, but for the most part the drive works fine after it's quick repair process. I'll eventually get a bigger western digital, since those tend to work just fine over the years for me in everything I use.

I haven't spent as much as some of you, but between late October and December I probably spent over $100+ and have nothing to show for it on Sony Rewards. Actually I can't think of a time since I've had my PS4 that it did work properly. I've had it for a year and a half and have about 341 points. I chalked it up a long time ago that it just doesn't work, so I'm not too worried about it. But you guys talking about it now makes me think I should have been.

For those talking about seagate brand external hard drives. I bumped an external seagate over on to the floor that is attached to my PS4 recently (about 3 to 5 inch fall from the terrible setup I have going on at the moment). Fortunately it is still working. Before I bumped the drive (and after), upon booting up my PS4, I would have to repair the drive. Not exactly sure why it's happening, but for the most part the drive works fine after it's quick repair process. I'll eventually get a bigger western digital, since those tend to work just fine over the years for me in everything I use.
Bumped? Dude you dropped it. Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Seems you just volunteered to be the organizing committee. :)

Was curious, so popped into 2048 after booting up the Vita last night. Started MP and was quickly put into a lobby with 5 other players. Seems to not have a lack of players currently, so I'm gonna start playing that now off and on. Good to get back to playing WipEout in anticipation of the VR patch coming to Omega. Can't wait for WipEout in VR, first game I thought of when VR was announced. Hope they implemented it well because to me it seems the perfect game for it.
Hehe. Well, the way I did it with Disney Infinity, was I created a PS4 group chat for everyone who wanted to be involved, had them either post their PSN name (or PM it to me if they don't want it public) and then I'd send them a friend request and invite them to the chat. That made it easiest for us all to communicate with each other, group up to take on the trophies, help those who still needed help, etc. The first night we scheduled for all of us to take on the trophies, there were about a dozen of us available on and off throughout the night, then as new people continued to join, those of us who could, would help as needed.

What we really had on our side, however, was that Disney Infinity has it's own forum thread here, so anyone who popped in there for deals and discussions saw what we were doing and knew to ask to participate. That might be our biggest stumbling block here, because there is no WipEout thread, or even a "Game Servers That Are Closing Soon" thread for people to notice our efforts and get involved. I'm sure by the end of today, for example, this thread will be pages past this post and most people who might want to participate won't see it.

Regardless, however, I will start a PS4 Group Chat and invite you (I see your PSN name in your signature). Anyone who wants to join our attempt at getting the WipEout HD PS3 trophies before the servers go down, feel free to PM me your PSN name and I'll add you. Considering this involves so many people coming together, the sooner we tackle this, the better, of course.

How do you contact Sony Rewards? Do you just call the Sony or Playstation toll free number? I noticed they added the $10 I spent on the Diablo 3 Necromancer expansion, but have not added any of the $78 dollars I spent during Week 2 of the sale. Plus dont all pruchases during this sale count for 2x or 3x points?

I haven't spent as much as some of you, but between late October and December I probably spent over $100+ and have nothing to show for it on Sony Rewards. Actually I can't think of a time since I've had my PS4 that it did work properly. I've had it for a year and a half and have about 341 points. I chalked it up a long time ago that it just doesn't work, so I'm not too worried about it. But you guys talking about it now makes me think I should have been.
On the sony rewards site you can hover over the my rewards tab and click on my transactions to see a list of every time you've earned points if you really want to drill down and compare it to every purchase you've made. Also unless you have a sony card your points expire every year (on march 31st apparently) so keep that in mind, if you've been a member for a year and a half that means your points expired at least once then I assume.

On the sony rewards site you can hover over the my rewards tab and click on my transactions to see a list of every time you've earned points if you really want to drill down and compare it to every purchase you've made. Also unless you have a sony card your points expire every year (on march 31st apparently) so keep that in mind, if you've been a member for a year and a half that means your points expired at least once then I assume.
I appreciate you telling me where to find that. I guess I assumed purchases would add up to more points at a time than what they apparently gave me. The expiration of points also explains why I have so few points during the time I've had my PS4. Oh well. At least now I'm aware of how it works, thank you.

Jydge and Time Recoil are both alright twin stick shooters with moderately interesting mechanics. Neither are essential but there's also a lot worse games out there.

I didn't like Cladun, only played for a couple hours and got bored.
Ok. I guess I'm grabbing Jydge and Time Recoil based on the company's history [Crimsonland is one of the tightest dual sticks out there, Neon Chrome had issues but was fun].

I played cladun on PSP and got bored. I don't know what it is about the franchise, but i really want to give it another shot on a proper vita version.

After coming to my senses I've decided to pass on buying anything from weeks 4 and 5 of the Holiday sale. I've already got plenty in my backlog to keep me busy for a while. With just my non-sports titles across my PlayStation and Xbox systems it's quite large. Chances are these same games will be on sale again at some point.

I bought a fair number of titles this sale (these sales?) but, in fairness, I just got a PS4. Got baseball, basketball, and football, along with Horizon and Marvel Puzzle Quest. With all the built-up PS+ games and a couple physical from BBY, I think I'm set for a while.

Been thinking of getting Resident Evil 4, 5, and 6. I thinks it’s fair for $24 but I don’t have anyone to play with for 5 and 6 and I have a huge backlog.

I was also mulling over Gravity Rush 1 and 2 but feel like they may be too anime for me.

Thoughts?

Been thinking of getting Resident Evil 4, 5, and 6. I thinks it’s fair for $24 but I don’t have anyone to play with for 5 and 6 and I have a huge backlog.

I was also mulling over Gravity Rush 1 and 2 but feel like they may be too anime for me.

Thoughts?
Gravity Rush is basically Crackdown, but with gravity-shifting powers and melee instead of guns and vehicle combat. I don't know about it being all anime either, as I never really got that vibe out of it.

Thoughts?
The A.I. partner won't die on you in RE 6 so you don't really need somebody for that one. RE5 is another story if you plan to beat the game on the hardest difficulty. I came to hate Sheva so much while trying to get 1000/1000 gamerscore on 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back