PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
this is why i laugh when people question the validity of sites like IGN yet prefer the opinions of posters on this forum

only here will you see anybody say that amazing games like Uncharted and Last of Us are bad games
The Last of Us is best played on YouTube.

Tomorrow is the last day to redeem codes for South Park The Stick of Truth (PS4) from The Fractured But Whole.  Since I've bought and traded a few of these I have a spare code:

??35-32NT-RG27

?? = Rapper Dre's Title (although he didn't finished med school)

Enjoy!

--Edit-- All gone! *poof*

Tomorrow is the last day to redeem codes for South Park The Stick of Truth (PS4) from The Fractured But Whole. Since I've bought and traded a few of these I have a spare code:

??35-32NT-RG27

?? = Rapper Dre's Title (although he didn't finished med school)

Enjoy!
lurked but thanks anyway

this is why i laugh when people question the validity of sites like IGN yet prefer the opinions of posters on this forum

only here will you see anybody say that amazing games like Uncharted and Last of Us are bad games

btw The Last of Us is best on hard mode, if you can't handle that you just aren't very good
Ehhh haven't played Last of Us yet (it's in the backlog) but I tend to agree with Uncharted, the shooting isn't great and the enemy design is realllllly bad for a lot of different reasons. More than anything though the actual encounter design is annoying (specifically in UC3.) Way too many arenas where you fight like 20-30+ guys coming at you from every direction. It begins to feel like a slog. Also you spend a lot of time climbing and that part of the game is incredibly boring and barely feels like gameplay.

Actually one of the reasons I want to eventually get around to Last of Us is back when it was in development ND themselves were talking about how it was supposed to be the opposite of Uncharted in terms of gameplay. Less enemies and more thoughtful encounter design with the environment playing a larger role in the combat.

Someday I will get around to actually seeing it for myself.

Tomorrow is the last day to redeem codes for South Park The Stick of Truth (PS4) from The Fractured But Whole. Since I've bought and traded a few of these I have a spare code:
Thanks for reminding me to redeem mine. Thanks.

Proceeds to forget because of MHW.

Been a long dang time since I used this feature...

b38720ea6ae6f01170a96191b16bb395.jpg

Woh, does it not work with tapatalk? I'm still seeing it. Guess we'll find out.
😂😂😂

This is so sad.

btw The Last of Us is best on hard mode, if you can't handle that you just aren't very good
Literally anyone can handle TLOU on Grounded, there is nothing remotely difficult or challenging about it, it just makes the incredibly boring encounters take a bit longer. Maybe gamers who are easily frustrated confuse their poor emotional adjustment with difficulty, but there's nothing remotely difficult about the game.

Literally anyone can handle TLOU on Grounded, there is nothing remotely difficult or challenging about it, it just makes the incredibly boring encounters take a bit longer. Maybe gamers who are easily frustrated confuse their poor emotional adjustment with difficulty, but there's nothing remotely difficult about the game.
i'm struggling with the irony of someone that is intentionally criticizing and berating a beloved game to get a rise out o people accusing others of having 'poor emotional adjustment'.

i'm struggling with the irony of someone that is intentionally criticizing and berating a beloved game to get a rise out o people accusing others of having 'poor emotional adjustment'.
I think cover-based third person shooters provide an illusion of difficulty without actually providing a genuine challenge. *shrug* if that opinion offends someone, or really they find anyone expressing an opinion about a video game offensive, then yeah they probably have poor emotional adjustment :lol:.

Also I was literally praising and recommending the game :lol:.

This argument seems familiar. Don't waste your time, man.

Picture the type of person it takes to write a sentence like that last one. Jesus Christ, serial killer potential.

This argument seems familiar. Don't waste your time, man.

Picture the type of person it takes to write a sentence like that last one. Jesus Christ, serial killer potential.
Hilarious! I Recommend The End of the Fxxxing World on Netflix

On another note, other than Uncharted, TLOU, and HZD, what are some must play PS4 exclusives? Just got my system in late October

On another note, other than Uncharted, TLOU, and HZD, what are some must play PS4 exclusives? Just got my system in late October
inFamous Second Son and inFamous First Light come to mind. If you like sports games check out MLB The Show 16 or 17. Shadow of the Colossus (Feb 6th) and God of War (April 20th) are also worth looking into. That's all I can think of at the moment, hope it helps. Oh, welcome to the dark side! :cool:

I'm an old man, I actually played games before trophies even existed. I played them because I liked playing video games. :whee:

In actuality, the lack of a platinum doesn't bother me, because I rarely get them. I probably have 10 or fewer.
Apparently that makes us the crazy ones in today's gaming landscape. Playing a game just for fun... like wtf?

Was going to buy song of the deep but since it has no platinum I did not.
Sure let's skip a perfectly fun game for some arbitrary digital trophy. Go you.

Ehhh haven't played Last of Us yet (it's in the backlog) but I tend to agree with Uncharted, the shooting isn't great and the enemy design is realllllly bad for a lot of different reasons. More than anything though the actual encounter design is annoying (specifically in UC3.) Way too many arenas where you fight like 20-30+ guys coming at you from every direction. It begins to feel like a slog. Also you spend a lot of time climbing and that part of the game is incredibly boring and barely feels like gameplay.

Actually one of the reasons I want to eventually get around to Last of Us is back when it was in development ND themselves were talking about how it was supposed to be the opposite of Uncharted in terms of gameplay. Less enemies and more thoughtful encounter design with the environment playing a larger role in the combat.

Someday I will get around to actually seeing it for myself.
I really enjoyed most of the Uncharted games but I will have to agree about the climbing sections. The same criticism can be applied to HZD as well. It was quite a shock going back to HZD for the DLC after playing AC: Origins where you could climb almost anywhere. As for Last of Us, that's one game I just can't get into. I've tried to play it twice and lost interest both times before finishing.

Put Horizon to the front of the backlog. Great game. Nioh is what I’ve been playing as of late. It is very difficult. Nier Automata is great. Resogun is also worth checking out.

To whoever was asking about The Last of Us, I highly recommend you at least try it. I don't play horror games, or games with any type of horror element in them so I was hesitant to play it. But I ended up loving it and I can't wait for the sequel.

To whoever was asking about The Last of Us, I highly recommend you at least try it. I don't play horror games, or games with any type of horror element in them so I was hesitant to play it. But I ended up loving it and I can't wait for the sequel.
You have that avatar and you dont play horror stuff?

Didn't finish TLoU even though I got it release week. I didn't like the combat encounters very much. Like someone said, I just wanted to get to the next 'walking simulator' part. Eventually, I just gave it up and moved on. Maybe I'll re-visit one day.

HOWEVER, TLoU has perhaps the *BEST* opening sequence in any game I've played. The first hour/hour-and-a-half of that game blew me away. I think that alone is worth the $10 it was on sale for.

HOWEVER, TLoU has perhaps the *BEST* opening sequence in any game I've played. The first hour/hour-and-a-half of that game blew me away. I think that alone is worth the $10 it was on sale for.
I don't know if it's the best but it's certainly up there even if I don't care much for the rest of the game.

The Yakuza series along with Infamous is what made me want the PS4. Yakuza has been PS exclusive since the first game on the PS2. I'd start with Yakuza Zero on the PS4. Just watch a few videos and see if it's your thing. If you played Shenmue on the Dreamcast or Shenmue 2 on the original Xbox (or imported the DC version) then it's a lot like Shenmue 2 mixed with the M rated stuff from GTA and the violence turned up a notch on the fighting. Just watch a video... it's a must play series if you love these kind of genre blending games.

So apparently the latest rumor is that you get Far Cry 4 free if you sign up for a new PS+ sub for 12 months? I already have the game but kind of sucks for people that already are subscribers if it is true.

May just be an EU offer.

One that is often criminally overlooked is Until Dawn, a branching-paths game with a horror-movie cabin in the woods setup. It's fantastic.

If you like puzzle games, The Talos Principle is another heavily overlooked gem. I loved it.

Of course if you like RPG's, Persona 5 is the one to get. Ys 8 was also good fun. Nier Automata for an action/RPG hybrid.

And then Ratchet and clank for some good old fashioned platforming with crazy weapons. Those are my top picks.

Amazingly I bought Knack like 2 years ago despite all the talk of it for sure being PS plus, and then only started playing it like a week ago :( The universe can be a funny place sometimes

Rime is a great deal. I might just return the Switch version I got on sale since it performs like shit and has apparently been abandoned.

Already have both Rime and Knack so hoping for a crossbuy on a Vita game or something. That said, that’s a really good line up with those two — especially Rime.

This is a great month! I've been holding off on Rime and Knack for just this reason.  Looks like we also get Grand Kingdom on PS4/Vita.  I found GK to be a very enjoyable RPG/SRPG game and happily put about 40 hours into it a year ago.  Throw in Mugen Souls Z on PS3 and that's several "big" games to go with the smaller indies.  Sweetness. 

Man forget Knack, Grand Kingdom should be the game they promote the month with lol. Really enjoyed the demo so looking forward to it. 

Awesome that Grand Kingdom is in there! Even though I have Knack and Rime, this is easily the best month in ages. Might even say the best ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back