PSN Weekly Deals - 7/12: RePlay Sale! $8 N++, $8 Galak-Z, $8 Everybody's GttR, $4 Loud on Planet X, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

July's PS+ Games - Ends 8/2

:ps3: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

:ps3: Fat Princess

:ps4: Furi

:vita: Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

:ps4: Paragon - PS+ Starter Pack

:psp: Prince of Persia: Revelation

:ps4: Saints Row: Gat out of Hell

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted

N/A

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 40% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/18

:ps4: :vita: Color Guardians - $5.99 - 60% Off - $4.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/29

:ps4:  :vita: Corridor Z - $5.99 - 25% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: CounterSpy - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps4: :vita: Day of the Tentacle Remastered - $10.04 - 33% Off - Ends 7/22 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Hohokum - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3: Journey - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :vita: Last Wings - $7.19 - 10% Off - Ends 8/12 N

:ps4:   :ps3:   :vita: Loot Strategy-Packed Bundle - $14.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/18 [customspoiler=Includes]Back to Bed for PS4/PS3/Vita, Q*Bert: Rebooted for PS4/PS3/Vita, and Whispering Willows for PS4/Vita.[/customspoiler]

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert: Rebooted - $7.49 - 25% Off - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 7/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Rogue Legacy - $8.49 - 50% Off - $6.79 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Sound Shapes - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Sound Shapes - Add-on Bundle - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark - $3.49 - 65% Off - $2.49 - 75% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Swapper - $5.24 - 65% Off - $3.74 - 75% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :vita: Type:Rider - $7.19 - 10% Off - Ends 7/26 N

:ps4: :vita: Velocibox - $8.74 - 30% Off - $6.24 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and Theme - $8.74 - 30% Off - $6.24 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18

PS4

Attacking Zegata - $5.00 - 50% Off

The Banner Saga - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 7/19

The Banner Saga Complete Pack - $29.99 - 25% Off - $27.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/19

The Banner Saga 2 - $17.99 - 10% Off - Ends 7/19

Daydreamer: Awakened Edition - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Driveclub - $7.49 - 63% Off
Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition & Season Pass Bundle - $19.99 - 69% Off

Electronic Super Joy - $6.99 - 30% Off - Ends 9/20

Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Fluster Cluck - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 7/18

Galak-Z - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Ghostbuster Ultimate Game and Movie Bundle - $58.49 - 10% Off - Ends 11/15

The Last Tinker: City of Colors - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18

Lost Sea - $13.49 - 10% Off - Ends 7/19

Loud on Planet X - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/2 N

Masquerade: The Baubles of Doom - $4.94 - 67% Off - Ends 8/5

MilitAnt - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/26 N
N++ - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Paragon Challenger Founder's Pack - $47.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/2

Paragon Master Founder's Pack - $79.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/2

Push Me Pull You - $13.49 - 10% Off - Ends 7/18 N

Randal's Monday - $6.99 - 50% Off - $5.59 - 60% Off - Ends 7/25 N

Score Rush Extended - $9.59 - 20% Off - $8.39 - 30% Off - Ends 11/15

Soul Axiom - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/26

Super Mutant Alien Assault - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/18 N

PS3

DeathSpank: The Baconing - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/19 N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Master Reboot - $11.24 - 25% Off - $9.74 - 35% Off - Ends 7/29

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A
VitaPS TV Compatibility

Boss! - $1.99 - 60% Off - $1.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/29

Gravity Badgers - $0.59 - 90% Off - Ends 7/29

HTR+ Slot Car Simulation - $7.99 - 20% Off

Super Blackout - $1.99 - 60% Off - $1.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/19CAG Made N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 ClassicsPS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS4 Add-ons

DC Universe Online

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round

Driveclub

Electronic Super Joy

Kitten Squad

Neverwinter

Pirates: Treasure Hunters

PlanetSide 2

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

Ace Combat Infinity

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round: Core Fighters

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've yet to play Rise honestly.
I was speaking of the reboot a few years back, it just felt more solid and fun to me... like the best game I had played in a while when I played it at release compared to the UC Trilogy.

I was waiting for Rise on PS4 to play it.
If you felt that way about the first reboot, you will absolutely love RoTR. Everything great about that game and raised to the next level. The challenge tombs outside the main story are also excellent and made me want to keep playing and playing (I'm still not finished)

Seriously fuck this trophy from UC4 (spoiler'd because it's a secret trophy)

On Porpoise

Get three dolphins to follow the boat

fuck it fuck it fuck it. Can't get/find the third dolphin to follow the boat. Spent about 2 1/2 hours straight trying. Videos and guides didn't help, just need pure luck.  fuck it. It's the last single player trophy I need. I'm about to play MP and come back to that shit last to get the plat. fuck.

edit- Went back and got it, it's still 

is it friday yet?

I'm itching for a flash sale
Oh, sorry about that

itching-powder-3565-p.jpg

On Porpoise

fuck it fuck it fuck it. Can't get/find the third dolphin to follow the boat. Spent about 2 1/2 hours straight trying. Videos and guides didn't help, just need pure luck. fuck it. It's the last single player trophy I need. I'm about to play MP and come back to that shit last to get the plat. fuck.

On Porpoise

fuck it fuck it fuck it. Can't get/find the third dolphin to follow the boat. Spent about 2 1/2 hours straight trying. Videos and guides didn't help, just need pure luck. fuck it. It's the last single player trophy I need. I'm about to play MP and come back to that shit last to get the plat. fuck.

Sorry to belittle your anger, but I got that on my first try after watching a video on which route to take. :booty:

Sorry to belittle your anger, but I got that on my first try after watching a video on which route to take. :booty:
:oldman: I think it was glitched out, I kept restarting checkpoint to try again but nada. Played MP then went back and got it on the route from a video too on first try. The same one I was doing earlier too :headache:

Got my plat earlier today, that one was relatively easy compared to the stealth ones or the specific kill combos

l3NyWQI.jpg

If you are going for the plat, there is a bug/exploit that lets you get the speedrun and 70% accuracy one without having to replay the game, as long as you finished it once. The various trophy sites detail how to do it.

I really enjoyed UC4, while I thought the story of UC2 and UC3 were maybe a bit stronger the entire narrative of UC4 was really well done and the game flowed from level to level just fantastic, had that Naughty Dog shine and polish x100. Not that impressed with the multiplayer though, way too much getting shot in the back I feel and the gun control isn't the greatest. I think I'm gonna trade my copy in, but I sorta wanna replay the entire campaign in a few weeks too. Guess I could rebuy when they release the single player DLC in a few months.

If you enjoyed the UC4 story I'd really recommend watching the tv show Black Sails, absolutely fantastic and revolves around the pirates right after Avery's time, including Anne Bonny. Also the book Republic of Pirates is fantastic, as is Assassin's Creed 4 and Rogue. Playing Rogue this weekend in fact before Overwatch.

Got my plat earlier today, that one was relatively easy compared to the stealth ones or the specific kill combos

l3NyWQI.jpg

If you are going for the plat, there is a bug/exploit that lets you get the speedrun and 70% accuracy one without having to replay the game, as long as you finished it once. The various trophy sites detail how to do it.
I got the plat too but that trophy was being stupid. Also there's really no need to do that. Turn auto aim on, use barok pistol, explorer difficulty, infinite ammo, and breeze right through the game in under 6 hours while keeping accuracy 70% or higher. It was pretty fun doing that.

I got the plat too but that trophy was being stupid. Also there's really no need to do that. Turn auto aim on, use barok pistol, explorer difficulty, infinite ammo, and breeze right through the game in under 6 hours while keeping accuracy 70% or higher. It was pretty fun doing that.
I'm doing the same thing, plus getting the rest of the treasures/collectibles/misc. trophies in the same playthrough while tinkering with other cheats to make the second run more fun.

Did you guys know that turning on Slow Motion not only makes the game time pass slower (so you're not wasting time on the speed run by turning it on), but everyone now sounds drunk when they talk? :lol:

I am just starting Chapter 18 and at this point I have mixed feelings about UC4.  The polish is there, the acting is there, and the story is there but dam if I really not enjoying the combat encounters. I just feel like breaking stealth ends up in a dog pile and then the game has a weird checkpoint system where it will reset you at a place in the middle of where you died (with any baddies you killed already dead) but the AI acts like you are hidden again.  It is nice because it reduces frustration with the stealth system but for me it just is covering up some lacking game design choices.  The interrupted dialogue mechanic is brilliant though.  First time they picked up a conversation I was just like "wow". Seems like a stupid thing to be impressed with but how many times do you play a game and dialogue gets interrupted and just lost.

I am just starting Chapter 18 and at this point I have mixed feelings about UC4. The polish is there, the acting is there, and the story is there but dam if I really not enjoying the combat encounters. I just feel like breaking stealth ends up in a dog pile and then the game has a weird checkpoint system where it will reset you at a place in the middle of where you died (with any baddies you killed already dead) but the AI acts like you are hidden again. It is nice because it reduces frustration with the stealth system but for me it just is covering up some lacking game design choices. The interrupted dialogue mechanic is brilliant though. First time they picked up a conversation I was just like "wow". Seems like a stupid thing to be impressed with but how many times do you play a game and dialogue gets interrupted and just lost.
That's weird--I never experienced this during my many, many, many deaths while playing Crushing on my first playthrough.

I was also impressed by the interrupted-dialogue mechanic, but then I remembered that Deadly Premonition back on 360 had a similar system. If anything, it's weird that more games don't have it.

Probably.
pray it is a $1 flash sale.

you have so many platinums trophies. you making me jelly. you in the top 3000 people world wide.

currently playing fallout 4 and looking at a trophy guide. it gives an order to play the quests in because you could miss side quests or something.

That's weird--I never experienced this during my many, many, many deaths while playing Crushing on my first playthrough.

I was also impressed by the interrupted-dialogue mechanic, but then I remembered that Deadly Premonition back on 360 had a similar system. If anything, it's weird that more games don't have it.
I had it happen multiple times on my hard play through where you die but you've reached some arbitrary point in the battle that you get to respawn with only a few guys left. It does help especially on the harder difficulties. I agree about the stealth, while it can be fun the annoying way it alerts every damn bad guy is annoying and makes the mode feel pointless. I could understand one person seeing me then being subdued successfully and returning to stealth or even a few but it literally alerts everyone.

Posts here made me really think about my Uncharted 4 experience and what I thought of it. The elementary mechanics of stealth really lowers the score for me although I still consider it a good time. Think about it, Metal Gear, Assassins Creed and others have been doing stealth for a long time where you have dynamic zones that only alert certain people or you can disconnect alarm mechanisms for reinforcements but Uncharted 4 throws it in and you get discovered by one enemy and the whole area alerts, guys rush in for reinforcements and its just so simplistic and a step back for that in games, it's pathetic.

Posts here made me really think about my Uncharted 4 experience and what I thought of it. The elementary mechanics of stealth really lowers the score for me although I still consider it a good time. Think about it, Metal Gear, Assassins Creed and others have been doing stealth for a long time where you have dynamic zones that only alert certain people or you can disconnect alarm mechanisms for reinforcements but Uncharted 4 throws it in and you get discovered by one enemy and the whole area alerts, guys rush in for reinforcements and its just so simplistic and a step back for that in games, it's pathetic.
Yeah but uncharted is also known for its shootouts so I think it's just a way that if you don't want to play the game stealth then just shoot the first guy you see then bam, typical uncharted shootout. If only one guy or a handful were alerted when you shot someone then it would be way too easy getting through those encounters in my opinion.

Yeah but uncharted is also known for its shootouts so I think it's just a way that if you don't want to play the game stealth then just shoot the first guy you see then bam, typical uncharted shootout. If only one guy or a handful were alerted when you shot someone then it would be way too easy getting through those encounters in my opinion.
I think he was referring to how everyone goes on alert even if one guy sees you and you kill him silently.

Wait. What's bad about the stealth in Uncharted 4 compared to those games? If you get spotted, it's pretty easy to get out of sight and get it back to normal without having to wait for arbitrary timers to reduce until they go back to forgetting you exist. There are the same sorts of "dynamic zones" around enemies where you alert them and they search for you before going back to normal status, though if you reach the point where they're shooting, then everybody can obviously here that some shit is going down and join the fight. But it's still pretty easy to get away back to safety and end those segments. You can even throw grenades around to draw their attention away from you if that's how you want to tackle situations. They even have the ability to look up that nobody else really does, so you can't just hang out above enemies as easily as with other games. It's a well nuanced system that nobody else comes close to matching. The one part where it doesn't compare is the lack of silenced weapons, though the melee only system is kind of a neat spin.

Is Valkyrie Chronicles worth the $4.99? Tempted, but I haven't played the copy I own for PS3 yet...
it has balance issues to say the least and a really bad story and cast. scout is an overpowered class since with its high movement you can just capture a flag without having to use or kill other units much sometimes at all. The biggest issue you'll run into is the mega tank early in the game. its the hardest section of the game and a total pain in the ass due to how its set up.

My biggest pet peeves with it are the hit detection and rng. Hit boxes are invisble and random so there are times where you'll whiff air due to an objects hit box getting in the way like a bridge railing or a wall despite standing over the railing when firing. rng wise there's no rhyme or reason to hits or misses they just happen. I've got a gun shoved in your mouth practically but it will still miss because rng says screw you. The way to get around that is to save alot and then reset. You can choose to use this at your leisure but I rec doing it alot since the game has no qualms about giving you bad rng.

Is Valkyrie Chronicles worth the $4.99? Tempted, but I haven't played the copy I own for PS3 yet...
That's Valkyria Chronicles 2 for the PSP, not the original on PS3. It's a sequel with the sorts of limitations you'd expect on PSP, mainly that levels are broken up into smaller parts.

I never cared too much about digital games until I got a pc, now I give no fucks. So if the sale is decent then ill probably splurge more than I usually do

That's Valkyria Chronicles 2 for the PSP, not the original on PS3. It's a sequel with the sorts of limitations you'd expect on PSP, mainly that levels are broken up into smaller parts.
Plus it can only be loaded onto Vita via PS3 transfer even though it's listed on the Vita store and says Vita in the compatibility area.

When it comes to the gameplay I agree 100%. Tomb Raider is more fun to play but Uncharted hits me in feels way harder.
I found the gunplay in Tomb Raider to be awful. The bow was much better, though it became less useful as the stealth segments went away in favor of gunfight after gunfight towards latter portions of the game.

I found the gunplay in Tomb Raider to be awful. The bow was much better, though it became less useful as the stealth segments went away in favor of gunfight after gunfight towards latter portions of the game.
Yeah I am not exactly fond of either game's gunplay but I liked the way Tomb Raider gave you a bunch to do in their open areas. That is my thing though. I like checking off boxes and those pseudo-rpg elements of upgrading your equipment. I just need to finish UC4 tonight for me to really give a complete assessment though. The things I have enjoyed the most about UC4 have nothing to do with shooting a gun and I am not sure if that makes it a better game or a worse one yet.

Yeah, honestly don't care for the shooting aspects of either series, but as a whole, I like Tomb Raider's gameplay better than Uncharted. Uncharted has the edge in story but not in gameplay and the treasure hunting/puzzle aspect IMO.

And the gunplay improved in RoTR.

From what I've played of Uncharted 4, I also think there is too many lengthy gun battles.

Uncharted 4 feels about 10 times as mature a story and less of a Hollywood roller coaster at times. I absolutely love the stealth option added to firefights

Only on chapter 12 but am excited to see how it ends

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back