PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
So can anyone who has purchased Jet Moto 2 confirm if it is the vanilla version or the championship edition (it will say on the title screen) that came as the greatest hits version? The CE has all the Jet Moto 1 tracks unlocked from the start and cuts down on the amount of other racers on the track to improve the framerate.
Vanilla. Does Jet Moto 2 let you unlock the Jet Moto 1 tracks? I might not buy Jet Moto 1 in that case.

Vanilla. Does Jet Moto 2 let you unlock the Jet Moto 1 tracks? I might not buy Jet Moto 1 in that case.
I had seen it mentioned in a few video reviews of Jet Moto 2. I don't know if there is a "legit" method, whenever I search the internet all that pulls up is the method to unlock the tracks via a cheat code sequence.

Set the difficulty to Master and laps to 5. Go to 1 player mode and choose Li'l Dave. Go back to the main menu and press Up, Down, Left, Right, R2, R1, L2, L1. Now go and set the laps to 3 then go back and select Wild Ride, then exit back out to the main menu and press Up, Left, Down, Right, Square, R2, O, L2. All the button sequences must be pressed within 4 seconds. Now you can play all the tracks from Jet Moto 1, just go to the track select and press O on any track to change it to the Jet Moto classic version.

That's too bad, I had watched a video review of vanilla Jet Moto 2 and was dissuaded from purchasing it, but then I watched a video review of JM 2: CE and it seemed to run better so I was considering picking it up if it was that version.

I had seen it mentioned in a few video reviews of Jet Moto 2. I don't know if there is a "legit" method, whenever I search the internet all that pulls up is the method to unlock the tracks via a cheat code sequence.

Set the difficulty to Master and laps to 5. Go to 1 player mode and choose Li'l Dave. Go back to the main menu and press Up, Down, Left, Right, R2, R1, L2, L1. Now go and set the laps to 3 then go back and select Wild Ride, then exit back out to the main menu and press Up, Left, Down, Right, Square, R2, O, L2. All the button sequences must be pressed within 4 seconds. Now you can play all the tracks from Jet Moto 1, just go to the track select and press O on any track to change it to the Jet Moto classic version.

That's too bad, I had watched a video review of vanilla Jet Moto 2 and was dissuaded from purchasing it, but then I watched a video review of JM 2: CE and it seemed to run better so I was considering picking it up if it was that version.
I dunno about the port of Jet Moto 2, but I didn't really have any issues with it back on the PS1. I wonder if that track unlocking thing is real or the kind of rumor that goes around to waste people's time.

Edit: Just looked up the wikipedia article. You can unlock the original Jet Moto tracks in Jet Moto 2 (in a legit fashion from the sound of it).

Hmm, leaning towards Tactics Ogre and Legend of Heroes.  Would you guys recommend skipping PSP version of Heroes and just getting the PC one?

Hmm, leaning towards Tactics Ogre and Legend of Heroes. Would you guys recommend skipping PSP version of Heroes and just getting the PC one?
From what I could find while discussing this the other day is that the graphics are better on the PC and the translation is said to be significantly improved. Both are big factors but I would never see myself playing a game like that on PC so the Vita wins by default for me.

For those looking at Jet Moto 2, note that there are some minor differences with Jet Moto 1. There are more racers on the track in the first one, and Jet Moto 2 is missing some of the music found in the first game (which is fantastic). They're both great, and I think they hold up pretty well today.

there is a $12-15 mo/fee, first month is free. its a fun game, definitely worth $20 imo and a months play time, after that its pretty much like any MMO just grind grind grind. The quests and world are cool though and there is an insane amount of content, and its very japan-esque. I'm not a huge final fantasy fan (only played 7 or 8, the one with cloud/sephiroth/etc) and played FF14:ARR for a few months last year. its more fun with friends though, as the late end game stuff is group only.

i might pick up a few PSN games if sony sends out the 10% coupon before the sale ends

Also if you're interested, and you have a PS3, buy it on the PS3 for $12.XX and then use the free upgrade to the PS4, saving you $7.
Thanks guys! Think I'll give it a go and yeah, I do have a ps3 so I think I will pull this little trick to save the $7 - good looking out!

anyone know where you go to check the manuals for games on ps4? I thought in this digital age manuals were a dload or something like on the vita but i cant seem to find a section for game manuals anywhere. 

So I got one of those anniversary PS4s and I was think about buying the 3 year accidental coverage on the playstation store. I see it's on sale for 10% off with plus. Is that always the case or is it simply a part of this particular sale?
Do you already open it? Heard those things were going for a crazy amount since they are actually kinda limited (only 12,300). here's a quick ebay search

I am also considering the extended warranty but just regular. Though it can be purchased anytime within first year. Does anyone know when the extended warranty starts when purchased? Is it when you purchased your ps4 ( I know they make you enter ps4 purchase date) or when you purchased the warranty. Guess if it's when you purchased the ps4 there's no reason to wait like there is if it begins when purchased.
I believe the T&C on the Sony PS3/PS4 extended warranty is that it starts on the day after factory warranty expires.
The 3 years actually starts on the day the console was purchased. Says it in each of the first 2 paragraphs on the psn store.

So yea if you were planning on buying it, really no reason to hold off unless it's a funds issue or waiting for a sale.

Also when you go to the link in the last paragraph, it'll ask when you purchased the console and tells you it'll expire in 3 years..

ex: if bought today 01/16/2015 -> will say "Protected until 01/15/2018"

Do you already open it? Heard those things were going for a crazy amount since they are actually kinda limited (only 12,300). here's a quick ebay search

The 3 years actually starts on the day the console was purchased. Says it in each of the first 2 paragraphs on the psn store.
So yea if you were planning on buying it, really no reason to hold off unless it's a funds issue or waiting for a sale.
Also when you go to the link in the last paragraph, it'll ask when you purchased the console and tells you it'll expire in 3 years..
ex: if bought today 01/16/2015 -> will say "Protected until 01/15/2018"
That $12,000 ps4 must be extra special.

I know on ps3 they would let you play ps plus games on the non ps plus accounts. Did they remove the feature on ps4? I tried it with infamous first light and it did not work.

I finally caved in and got Disgaea 4 for the Vita. I don't remember which one but I tried a Disgaea game on the PS3 durig the PS Now open Beta and liked it. I haven't played any Strategy games other than Fire Emblem Awakening, but I know that Disgaea is a completely different experience.

I know on ps3 they would let you play ps plus games on the non ps plus accounts. Did they remove the feature on ps4? I tried it with infamous first light and it did not work.
If there is a PS Plus account that list that console as the designated home console, anyone should be able to play the PS Plus games on that console.

Is there much point in "upgrading" to the Vita version of Disgaea 4?  I have the PS3 version (but not all of the DLC).  I can't find much differences between the 2 versions like I have with the previous Vita ports.  At best I see that there on some framerate issues on Vita, but nothing about any new additions other than having all the DLC.

If there is a PS Plus account that list that console as the designated home console, anyone should be able to play the PS Plus games on that console.
I appreciate you answering that persons question. It made me think I misunderstood how PS+ accounts worked on PS4 so I did a little research and it turns out I had it all wrong.

I have been holding out on the PS4 thinking my kids would all have to fork out $50 each for PS+ to play online unlike the PS3 where it's just free... but since I'm a PS+ member they could still play online. They can't if we get a second system as it's only the primary system where the non+ members get access to stuff (online gaming) but that's not a big deal. Oh they will be so happy to hear this news as I was thinking we might all have to share my account. Woot!

Here's an article on what people can do on each system when there's a PS+ member on it...

http://faq.en.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5030/~/accessing-playstation%C2%AEplus-benefits-from-other-user-accounts-and-playstation

Is there much point in "upgrading" to the Vita version of Disgaea 4? I have the PS3 version (but not all of the DLC). I can't find much differences between the 2 versions like I have with the previous Vita ports. At best I see that there on some framerate issues on Vita, but nothing about any new additions other than having all the DLC.
There is one new character(not sure how many scenes she has as I haven't gotten her myself yet) and they added the cheat shop from Disgaea D2.

anyone know where you go to check the manuals for games on ps4? I thought in this digital age manuals were a dload or something like on the vita but i cant seem to find a section for game manuals anywhere.
Press down on the main menu to bring up the game's Live Area and on the right above the trophies is a link to the manual.

Thanks PS now trial, Rise of the Guardians is actually fun. A decent Diablo clone. Surprised it hasn't bored me.

Thoughts on LA Noire? Worth $7.50?
Yes, It was worth MSRP when I bought it on launch. I love that game. I had actually just rebought it for ps3 a month ago since I loved it so much on 360. If you like crime solving mystery games, then this should be right up your alley.

wow that fat princess game on the vita kind of sucks.  for unlimited play its like what 25 bucks  LOL.   And it will take you like days if not weeks to even level up your people high enough for the first extra stages.  Fun game but  wow 25 bucks 

I found Sands of Time to be overrated, clunky, dull, and just not fun to play, and I adore 3D platformers.

People criticize my stance because I quite liked PoP 2008 but that game adhered to what it's meant to do very well and was ultimately relaxing. It was flawed out the wazoo, but it wasn't not fun and in my eyes, will definitely age better that Sands of Time.

wow that fat princess game on the vita kind of sucks. for unlimited play its like what 25 bucks LOL. And it will take you like days if not weeks to even level up your people high enough for the first extra stages. Fun game but wow 25 bucks
It's not that bad, it took me about a good week to unlock Fat Princess. I just messed around with it during my morning commute to work.

It's not that bad, it took me about a good week to unlock Fat Princess. I just messed around with it during my morning commute to work.
i love to see a game like this come out on cart for like 19.99 and be like 2 to 3 times bigger with more upgrades (like rouge) i buy it in a second. Fun game but how small it is 25 bucks is a little way too high, and 25 dont even unlock everything. you still need to grind like crazy to up your people. I wonder what the max level you can get your people to (guessing 10) too bad it wasnt like 100

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back