PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm using this as an opportunity to get some older titles that aren't often on sale, like Alundra, Klonoa, and GrimGrimoire.

Can anyone here speak for GrimGrimoire? I'm not generally an RTS fan, but I am a bit of a VanillaWare fan (Odin Sphere was FANTASTIC), and this one seemed strange enough to be interesting.
The story is fun - it's like a cross between Harry Potter and Groundhog Day, the Bill Murray classic. The art is gorgeous as in all Vanillaware games, the acting is great, but gameplay-wise, it's just lacking. It's not an RTS, it's more like a tower defense game before they became popular, so it's just kind of bland. You do control your units but it's very linear - the only real choice you make in the game is what deck to use, and that decides which units you get. So play this game for its fun story or if you can't get enough of Vanillaware's art but the gameplay isn't that great.

The story is fun - it's like a cross between Harry Potter and Groundhog Day, the Bill Murray classic. The art is gorgeous as in all Vanillaware games, the acting is great, but gameplay-wise, it's just lacking. It's not an RTS, it's more like a tower defense game before they became popular, so it's just kind of bland. You do control your units but it's very linear - the only real choice you make in the game is what deck to use, and that decides which units you get. So play this game for its fun story or if you can't get enough of Vanillaware's art but the gameplay isn't that great.
That's kind of the impression I got. The "linear tower defense" description makes me think of Swords & Soldiers, which, despite its simplicity, I still found fun. Of course, the art and story don't hurt either; Odin Sphere is one of few games I've played in the last 10 years that really engaged me in the story, largely due to the multi-viewpoint approach. I might still bite unless I can find something better to spend the $10 on. Thanks!

That's kind of the impression I got. The "linear tower defense" description makes me think of Swords & Soldiers, which, despite its simplicity, I still found fun. Of course, the art and story don't hurt either; Odin Sphere is one of few games I've played in the last 10 years that really engaged me in the story, largely due to the multi-viewpoint approach. I might still bite unless I can find something better to spend the $10 on. Thanks!
Coming from the other side, I enjoyed the gameplay? It's not overly complicated but it's clever at times, and certainly an interesting change from a lot of other games.

I got the lawsuit letter today too.  Turns out I don't have rain, so that's what I chose.  GD lawyers are the only ones that win in a class action.

Couldn't you map the d-pad controls (turning right/left and moving forward) to the right or left analog sticks, and use one of those instead? Wouldn't that make it play a little better?
I believe the right stick can be used to move too, but that's even stranger to me, haha. I'm not sure if it switching it to the left stick would work since it's used to activate your quick item bar. The controls weren't bad, just a different layout then I would expect. (square is backpack, circle is attack, triangle is examine, x is jump).

That sucks but lucky for me I send them all to Amazon. Usually have decent enough tivs for Vita games.

I love my sexy White Lime Green slim Vita. If they stop making games for it as in retail games, I wouldn't be too mad since I have so many games that I've yet to play. I'll always find something new to try.

Also going from phat to slim was the best thing I ever did. Just throwing that out there.
Never getting rid of my baby OLED model. Really love the weight to it.

I didn't like GrimGrimmoire.  I really wanted to.  I really did.  Just didn't click for me.  I still haven't sold it because I always think I'll go back to it.  But I never will.

Is Destiny dlc worth it if I don't have Destiny friends?
If you're still playing Destiny you'll probably enjoy it. Keep in mind that if you haven't really seen all the content from the base game there's really no reason to buy the dlc...unless you reeeeaaally like the pvp.

Regarding friends: I hate playing with my friends because it means talking and stuff while playing games and junk. Also, our play times never match up. I've never really had a problem. If you're feeling nervous about raids, lots of people have alredy done them so they've got good at them even if you have no idea whats going on, but like I said if you're still playing Destiny, it's just more Destiny.

I never played the Gex games on PS1 back in the day and I'm thinking about buying them. What can anyone tell me about them?
They are really good platformers with a lot of style and wit. Each world is a parody of something or other like murder mystery detective stuff , martial arts/action movies ,to an anime world complete with school girl enemies. Gex 3 is my favorite but all are good in their own right and you don't need to know much about the previous entry to understand the games they are also a small collectithon at times but more like banjo-kazooie and NOT like Donkey Kong 64 (still love that game) so if that sounds good to you pick them up I would say they are worth it beware though if you buy all three and start with the first one it IS the weakest entry also the only one not in 3d.

They are really good platformers with a lot of style and wit. Each world is a parody of something or other like murder mystery detective stuff , martial arts/action movies ,to an anime world complete with school girl enemies. Gex 3 is my favorite but all are good in their own right and you don't need to know much about the previous entry to understand the games they are also a small collectithon at times but more like banjo-kazooie and NOT like Donkey Kong 64 (still love that game) so if that sounds good to you pick them up I would say they are worth it beware though if you buy all three and start with the first one it IS the weakest entry also the only one not in 3d.
Thanks for the info! Two of the games are on sale right now so I figured it would be a good time to buy them.

Is Destiny dlc worth it if I don't have Destiny friends?
Assuming you already enjoy the base game and will continue playing, the DLC is worth it for the new weapons, gear, strikes, etc. It is essentially just more of the same, so if you're not fully into the base game, then don't bother.

Also, if you want Destiny friends, my experience is that it has been extremely easy to make them. I'm surprised at the quality of people playing and have not yet been disappointed. I'm sure there are some real losers out there, but most have been pretty nice and helpful. The best way to find friends is do the strike playlists and send a friend request to anyone who doesn't seem like a jerk. Since a lot of Destiny players are on every day or at least several times per week, your play times will probably match up and it's very easy to jump into a friend's game or let them jump into yours for almost anything you are doing. You don't have to make friends (except to get a raid together), but it does enhance the game quite a bit.

I loaded up the store today and got a laugh out of this - WTF Sony?

Zr3dNCC.png

No cause no match making for the raid avoid it if you have many friends to do raiding.
I agree that there should be a matchmaking option for the raid, but it is not hard to get friends (see my previous comment). Also, the raid is not the only aspect of the DLC, so it shouldn't be the only deciding factor.

Did you get the coupon already? Where the hell is it coming from, through email?
I think its already out there for other regions but not US. I think for US region, 10% code will be already waiting for you when you check out..I may be wrong. The code for 10% discount in US region should be in effect anytime soon.

EDIT:

"For North America, the discount goes live at 9am PT/12pm ET today, and, according to Ask PlayStation, the 10% off will be applied automatically."

I think its already out there for other regions but not US. I think for US region, 10% code will be already waiting for you when you check out..I may be wrong. The code for 10% discount in US region should be in effect anytime soon.

EDIT:

"For North America, the discount goes live at 9am PT/12pm ET today, and, according to Ask PlayStation, the 10% off will be applied automatically."
Thanks for the info, but it's past 9am pacific and it still shows full price when I go to checkout. :(

Assuming you already enjoy the base game and will continue playing, the DLC is worth it for the new weapons, gear, strikes, etc. It is essentially just more of the same, so if you're not fully into the base game, then don't bother.

Also, if you want Destiny friends, my experience is that it has been extremely easy to make them. I'm surprised at the quality of people playing and have not yet been disappointed. I'm sure there are some real losers out there, but most have been pretty nice and helpful. The best way to find friends is do the strike playlists and send a friend request to anyone who doesn't seem like a jerk. Since a lot of Destiny players are on every day or at least several times per week, your play times will probably match up and it's very easy to jump into a friend's game or let them jump into yours for almost anything you are doing. You don't have to make friends (except to get a raid together), but it does enhance the game quite a bit.
Its a great game. Destinylfg.com hasnt let ,e down yet. I list my guardian and have 3 invites before i get downstairs. Friended alot of them too.

No cause no match making for the raid avoid it if you have many friends to do raiding.
I think it's funny you typed more here and took more time just complaining. In less than the time it took you to complain, you could be in a raiding/nightfall/weekly party. "Cause" lol

The original blog post was updated with the United States code: KF56EM5KB3

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/19/psn-members-get-one-time-10-ps-store-discount-this-weekend/

I get the sense they aren't trying that hard in making the code known. If it's a universal code why not post it with the original post? I guess maybe so some wouldn't mistakenly use the code early. But so far the way they have posted the code is done in a way where it is not bumped to the top of the blog site. Plus, there was about four days where the code couldn't spread by word of mouth.

Yes, the code works. So, is there any chance they would run a Flash sale later today? I'm guessing not because people using the code now would not be too happy.

Still wish it could be used on preorders. The only thing I want are Grim Fandango and Velocity 2X (which I'm sure will be on sale for much lower than 10% off at some point).

On second look, the blog post is bumped by the update to it. It's just on the front page it has a tiny box instead of a large box. From other websites I'm used to ignoring tiny boxes, and think only the large boxes are new.

Yes, the code works. So, is there any chance they would run a Flash sale later today? I'm guessing not because people using the code now would not be too happy.

Still wish it could be used on preorders. The only thing I want are Grim Fandango and Velocity 2X (which I'm sure will be on sale for much lower than 10% off at some point).
It would be nice. If you have PS+ to get/use the code wouldn't you have gotten Velocity 2X through that a couple months back?

i bought a USED PS4 and thinking about buying the non-accidental 36-month protection plan. currently $45 for PS+, and CODE WORKS which brings it down to $40. is it worth purchasing?

Code: KF56EM5KB3

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back