PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Same local network. I even have my PS4 directly connected to my modem and still the game play is super choppy when using remote play. I posted my problem earlier on CAG and I seem to be in the minority with this issue. I thought more people would have the same issue as me. I guess my internet speeds suck.
If it's on the same local, the internet shouldn't have anything to do with it, because both consoles should be communicating directly with the modem.

For me, with my PS4 wired, I had to make sure remote play direct connect was turned off on my ps4 settings. That worked fine when I was within 10-15 feet of my system, but if I went into the bedroom, the lag was horrible. Once I turned that off, it's excellent anywhere in the house.

Oh yeah! And this step is BIG: Make sure your wi-fi Power Save setting is turned off on the Vita. I did that right away, so I forgot about that, but it's very important to the experience.

Guys, random question, but either with PS+ or just a sale or whatnot, what's the lowest we've seen Diablo 3 (PS4) and the entire Saints Row 4(ps4) package for? I have GCU, but I'd like to spend < $30 on each one if that has ever even been a possibility? I'm ok with waiting...

If it's on the same local, the internet shouldn't have anything to do with it, because both consoles should be communicating directly with the modem.

For me, with my PS4 wired, I had to make sure remote play direct connect was turned off on my ps4 settings. That worked fine when I was within 10-15 feet of my system, but if I went into the bedroom, the lag was horrible. Once I turned that off, it's excellent anywhere in the house.

Oh yeah! And this step is BIG: Make sure your wi-fi Power Save setting is turned off on the Vita. I did that right away, so I forgot about that, but it's very important to the experience.
I love you

PS3 Grid Autosport Black Edition Pack:

RARA-28N9-72RC

C2P2-EBNH-C3HL

9QJG-K5NB-8TLT

edit more stuff:

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor PS4 Blood Hunter Warband & Flesh Burner Warband Mission:

3KCT-DHNP-FACL

When uc1 first was announced i was uninterested since i was burnt out on tomb raider & thought it was more boring puzzles. A friend let me borrow it. First thing that hit me was how much personality was oozing from each character, everyone felt like a person not a generic game character. Next the gameplay was smooth & fun. Love the series.

Any hate for Uncharted 1 baffles me. I'm not a huge fan of the series, but all three are fun, with UC2 easily being the best. However, the tacked-on multiplayer leaves much to be desired. Hit detection sucks and it's based solely on spray-and-pray tactics. The online community's also made up of your typical raging man-child.

Though after playing the Tomb Raider reboot, I'm not sure how I would feel about returning to the UC games. Tomb Raider accomplished everything I wanted in UC, while taking it all to the next level.

I've done all of that. Check out the Digital Foundry articles on remote play. There's a pretty hard 100ms in latency introduced. That's the same whether you're innsame room and using direct connect or using a hardline from PS4 to router. And whether you're using a Vita or hardline to a PS TV.

Add display lag and input lag on top of that and even the best Remote Play connection can feel a touch slow. Shaving 30ms off the added latency for all games (if they can speed the pipeline up by one frame, essentially) and ANOTHER 30 ms off of perceived input lag for 60 fps games by showing the frame where input registers instead of the next frame would make a HUGE difference in the experience, especially for fast stuff like Resogun.

Even if the 100ms flat delay stays in place, the improvement in 60 FPS games will be noticeable.

I recently swapped the hard drive in my PS4... only used Remote play 1-2 times since then. Trials Fusion's lag was SO bad I figured it was just the latency/input lag due to remote play.

Just followed your steps because I knew I didn't change those settings after getting the PS4 back up.. big difference. Thank you!

If you had not posted this I wouldn't have thought of it.. Was almost thinking there was something wrong with my WiFi somehow.

Same local network. I even have my PS4 directly connected to my modem and still the game play is super choppy when using remote play. I posted my problem earlier on CAG and I seem to be in the minority with this issue. I thought more people would have the same issue as me. I guess my internet speeds suck.
If you're running through your local wireless network, it isn't your internet speed. It's the configuration of your home network or your wireless router hardware itself. Look up some tutorials for how to optimize this.

EDIT: I see Ltrain23 posted some good Sony configuration settings tips above!

Are you remote playing through a VITA? Try connecting directly to the PS4 and make sure you get a solid speed there.... just to eliminate the possibility that there isn't something going on with your VITA or PS4 hardware.

If you're running through your local wireless network, it isn't your internet speed. It's the configuration of your home network or your wireless router hardware itself. Look up some tutorials for how to optimize this.

Are you remote playing through a VITA? Try connecting directly to the PS4 and make sure you get a solid speed there.... just to eliminate the possibility that there isn't something going on with your VITA or PS4 hardware.
I will try this as well this weekend. Thank you and Ltrain for the tips. It is also nice to hear the poster above you having success with these tweaks!

I can't agree more. Maybe it is because I am not paying for top tier internet connection speeds, but remote play isn't a possibility for me currently. If the system update does improve lag, it will refresh my interest in the PS4 as remote play was one of the core reasons I bought it since I have a Vita.
looks like someone already gave you some tips, so...

I could put down some serious scores on remote play resogun ... I'm sure there's some level of lag or whatever, and it's currently 30fps instead of 60fps, but still. It's pretty magic. And that's an arcade game. Games like Transistor are straight up perfect as far as i'm concerned (and honestly, i would never complain about my resogun remote play experience).

Guys, random question, but either with PS+ or just a sale or whatnot, what's the lowest we've seen Diablo 3 (PS4) and the entire Saints Row 4(ps4) package for? I have GCU, but I'd like to spend &lt; $30 on each one if that has ever even been a possibility? I'm ok with waiting...
30 for diablo 3 seems about right iirc. Something like that. i don't think we've seen it in the 20s.... and if so, it was only 25 but i can't remember any specific case of that.

Guys, random question, but either with PS+ or just a sale or whatnot, what's the lowest we've seen Diablo 3 (PS4) and the entire Saints Row 4(ps4) package for? I have GCU, but I'd like to spend &lt; $30 on each one if that has ever even been a possibility? I'm ok with waiting...
i was really into U2's multiplayer. i expected it to feel tacked on, but it didn't to me. fun stuff. never got into u3 mp though, though only because of time.

Hey, anyone that's doing the sony rewards thing that has been waiting on some cheap stuff to show up to make good on the random $15 in free point deal that ends on the 15th, they have stuff in stock again.  I grabbed an Assassins Creed avatar.  Not bad.  Now I should be able to get another $10 psn card for nothing once the points show up.   The points (if you got this deal) expire 12/31/2015... so plenty of time to burn them.

Also I didn't realize it when I got my last $10 card that it was a digital code so I redeemed that as well and now have money to burn.

Is Zeno Clash 2 any fun?

Hey, anyone that's doing the sony rewards thing that has been waiting on some cheap stuff to show up to make good on the random $15 in free point deal that ends on the 15th, they have stuff in stock again. I grabbed an Assassins Creed avatar.
link to deal?

When uc1 first was announced i was uninterested since i was burnt out on tomb raider &amp; thought it was more boring puzzles. A friend let me borrow it. First thing that hit me was how much personality was oozing from each character, everyone felt like a person not a generic game character. Next the gameplay was smooth &amp; fun. Love the series.
I remember listening to the early Rooster Teeth podcasts (big Xbox fans) where their response after playing the first Uncharted was funny. They were extremely baffled at the notion of a shooter having really good cutscenes, characters, voice acting, and all that and that they enjoyed that part of the game.

I was with you until this line. The cast of characters and dialogue in Tomb Raider are vastly inferior to those in UC.
But does UC have this?

CAMILLA-LUDDINGTON-at-Chateau-Nightclub-and-Gardens-in-Las-Vegas-1.jpg

Hey, anyone that's doing the sony rewards thing that has been waiting on some cheap stuff to show up to make good on the random $15 in free point deal that ends on the 15th, they have stuff in stock again. I grabbed an Assassins Creed avatar. Not bad. Now I should be able to get another $10 psn card for nothing once the points show up. The points (if you got this deal) expire 12/31/2015... so plenty of time to burn them.
That SD thread makes it seem like you have to get an email from Sony Rewards explaining the offer in order to qualify for it, but I just 'bought' an Ellie TLoU avatar just in case- I will gladly sacrifice 49 points for even a small chance at getting 1,500 free!

I was with you until this line. The cast of characters and dialogue in Tomb Raider are vastly inferior to those in UC.
I wouldn't say "vastly", but the weapon variety in Tomb Raider makes the gameplay a little more enjoyable in some ways. I mean they NAILED using a bow and arrow better than any other game I've ever played. Don't get me wrong, I think Uncharted 2 was one of the greatest games I've ever played but Tomb Raider was VERY close and better than 1 &amp; 3 IMO.

That SD thread makes it seem like you have to get an email from Sony Rewards explaining the offer in order to qualify for it, but I just 'bought' an Ellie TLoU avatar just in case- I will gladly sacrifice 49 points for even a small chance at getting 1,500 free!
Same here, I'm a Sony card holder but don't remember ever getting the email. I haven't done anything wth Sony Rewards in a while but I was able to grab an avatar so I guess we'll see what happens.

I have been experiencing the exact same thing with my Remote Play on the Vita lagging so much when I'm in another room about 20 feet away. My PS4 is wired, and I had originally setup my Vita to connect "Directly" with the PS4. If I were in the same room as the PS4, the Remote Play works perfectly. But when I go to any other room, the lag was so horrible I would get disconnects and screen tear. I had given up hope using the Vita with the Remote Play feature after playing The Swapper the other day. My guy would just keep running off the screen, and I'm only 20 feet away in another room.

Going with Ltrain's suggestions, the only thing that I had to change was to unchecked the "Direct Connection" on the PS4. That is contrary to everything I've read up to this point about Remote Play, which is to connect directly to the PS4. But that hasn't worked for me this past year, so I'm going to try unchecking that option later to see if it's any better. Thanks for the tip, Ltrain.

Yeah I have had that checked as well. According to its description and common sense, it should make things better when both are on the same local network. Didn't even think of unchecking it.

New Blogcast episode 156 (March 17)

PS4
Battlefield Hardline
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD + Final Fantasy XV Demo
Jamestown *Cross Buy
Bladestorm: Nightmare
Cabela's African Adventures

PS3
Battlefield Hardline
Jamestown
5 Star Wrestling
The Awakened Fate Ultimatum
Bladestorm: Nightmare
Tennis in the Face *Cross Buy

VITA
Jamestown
Soldner-X 2: Final Prototype *Cross Buy
Tennis in the Face

PS2 Classic
Cars

PSOne Classic
Echo Night

Yeah that was the email I got. Thankfully I logged into my mail and was looking through the junk folder as I don't get email unless I've white listed the address.

I am not a Sony card holder or anything like that. Just a random dude that got an email others also randomly got. I don't know when the $15 in points is awarded ... It didn't happen automatically. Maybe after the 15th?

Another xboy with delusions of grandeur for their box filled with nothing but CRAP
Tell me what AAA games have come to your shitbox this year?

BF Hardline 900p 60spf on PS4, 720p on your povertybox
Dragon Age: Inquisition 1080 on PS4, 900p on crapbox
The Division reported is reported to be 1080p on PS4, 900p on shitbox (google it)
...And many many many many more games being higher quality on PS4 than on VHSbox

List of PS4 games: (not to mention all the Japanese games coming over to the PS4)
Driveclub
Hellblade
Rime
Until Dawn
Bloodborne
Uncharted 4
The Order 1886
Dragon Quest Heroes
Disaega 5
HELLDIVERS
Street Fighter V
Final Fantasy XIV Realm Reborn
Resistance
Gran Turismo
Onechanbara Z2
Killzone
Persona 5
Killing Floor 2
Yakuza 5
DayZ
No Mans Sky
MLB The Show
Deep Down
Planetside 2
Infamous
The Last of Us
Little Big Planet 3
Knack
Rachet and Clank
Drawn to Death
Tearaway Ubfolded
Everyone's Gone to the Rapture
Primal Carnage
The Tomorrow Children
Let It Die
Don't Starve

fuck outta here...and dont forget to take your CRAP with you
Written by a grown man, fellas.

+1 on the console war stuff though. This isn't even a single platform site. None of us even play these games that we all backlog do we? Lol

I need to vent. Whenever I've tried to "buy" PS+ games from the website that were available on more than one system, adding another version to the cart has always errored out, so ive developed the habit of only claiming one version of the game. The one at the top of the page as opposed to the bottom. My + expired mid November. I had claimed all the games early in the month. I bought a PSTV after the holidays, mostly for P4G, Binding of Isaac, and Nidhogg local mp. BoI was a + game in Nov. BoI is not crossbuy. I renewed + this month and went to download some games, but it was asking me to buy BoI. It seems I have the PS4 version but not the vita. AAAAAAAHHHHHH! Of course as a true can I cannot imagine myself actually paying for Isaac now, knowing that I should already have it, but I've also been imagining playing it for months now, and even purchased new hardware for it. I know it's my own fault but I still feel totally burned. Just putting this out there so others might learn a lesson... Or something.

That's weird.  I know the issue you're talking about where in the past it used to only let you "buy" one version of the cross buy stuff but haven't run into that issue myself yet.  I've gotten into the habit of buying them all now that it's changed and I'll keep doing that now for sure!

I wouldn't say "vastly", but the weapon variety in Tomb Raider makes the gameplay a little more enjoyable in some ways. I mean they NAILED using a bow and arrow better than any other game I've ever played. Don't get me wrong, I think Uncharted 2 was one of the greatest games I've ever played but Tomb Raider was VERY close and better than 1 &amp; 3 IMO.
I was commenting on dialogue and characters, never said anything about the gameplay.

Every time debates like this come about concerning gameplay between the two series I glaze over in boredom. UC3 was released two years before the Tomb Raider reboot. All genres evolve and two years in the game industry is like an eternity. I don't care which one is better because one would not exist without the success of the other.

Greatness still waits. I've so far only played Shadowfall, Resogun, and TLOU. That is paltry as fuck. I didn't buy a PS4 for it to collect dust. Where are all the goddamn AAA blockbuster exclusives Sony is known for? Microsoft is pissing on their faces in the console exclusives department and it hasn't even been close.
Sad, but I bought mine for Persona 5, which still doesn't have a release date. Until then, I'll mainly use it for PS+ freebies. The majority of the good current gen games that are out right now are FPS type games such as Far Cry 4 which I bought on XB1 because I prefer that controller to the Dual Shock 4 because the triggers are more prominent. Not trolling but I own both so I'm just being honest.

So I tried all three things that you both listed when trying to use remote play on my Vita, and it works when I am close to my console. However once I get 10-15 feet away from it, the screen starts tearing. Also I cannot connect directly to my PS4 through my Vita. Meaning, when I hard wire my Vita to my console, the console or the Vita (I forget which) says something like "failed to connect".

So I tried all three things that you both listed when trying to use remote play on my Vita, and it works when I am close to my console. However once I get 10-15 feet away from it, the screen starts tearing. Also I cannot connect directly to my PS4 through my Vita. Meaning, when I hard wire my Vita to my console, the console or the Vita (I forget which) says something like "failed to connect".
By directly connect, he meant to turn on the setting I told you to turn off. PS4 &gt; Settings &gt; Remote Play Connection Settings &gt; Connect Directly with PS Vita/PS TV. If that's on, you need to be close to your PS4 for it to function properly. Test it by sitting right in front of it and playing. If everything is good there, the problem isn't with your Vita or your PS4.

Then try turning that setting off and playing. It shouldn't matter where you are in your house. If that's when you start to have problems, the issue is likely with your router. What kind do you have?

By directly connect, he meant to turn on the setting I told you to turn off. PS4 &gt; Settings &gt; Remote Play Connection Settings &gt; Connect Directly with PS Vita/PS TV. If that's on, you need to be close to your PS4 for it to function properly. Test it by sitting right in front of it and playing. If everything is good there, the problem isn't with your Vita or your PS4.

Then try turning that setting off and playing. It shouldn't matter where you are in your house. If that's when you start to have problems, the issue is likely with your router. What kind do you have?
I tried everything you said in that first paragraph, and yes I can play with the Vita close to my console without issue. The issue is when I go to my bedroom which is like 15 feet away.

The router I have is this one:

Medialink - Wireless N Broadband Router - 150 Mbps - 2.4GHz - 802.11n w/ Internal Antenna

New Arc System Works game coming soon to Vita:

If the '80s and '90s taught us anything, it's that there's only one solution to an army of evil robots hell-bent on the destruction of humankind: more robots. But ones that aren't evil this time.

Damascus Gear: Operation Tokyo takes this powerful truth to heart, and plops you into the pilot's seat of a big robot so you can punch, shoot, and otherwise destroy hordes of evil machines. Arc System Works, developer of world-class fighting games such as the Guilty Gear and BlazBlue series, is bringing its brand new Mech-Action RPG to the West on PlayStation Vita.

As one of the members of FREYA, the robot-fightin'-est outfit on the planet, you'll use your GEAR (good robot) to beat the ever-loving snot out of the RAGE (bad robots, anagram of "GEAR"). And these mechanics just wouldn't be RPG-inspired if they didn't involve picking parts off the metallic corpses of your defeated foes and bolting them onto your own rattling, death-dealing hulk of steel! So naturally you can do that too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfaSUJCpsag

If all of that tickles your fancy, and you're one of the people with enough taste to own a PlayStation Vita, then come March 24, 2015--a mere eleven days--you'll sitting pretty. If, through some strange combination of evil forces, you remain unconvinced of the quitless legitness of Damascus Gear, then feast your eyes on these red-hot features:

• Blades, chainsaws, laser cannons, pile bunkers, and many other weapons for your fightin' robot.
  • Scores of different parts to make your GEAR match your fighting style.
  • Tense story mode that documents humankind's last, desperate struggle for survival.
  • Play the mission-based story progression or fight arena-mode versus AI.
  • DLC with new armor, weapons, and missions.
  • Giant.
  • Freaking.
  • Robots.
Details:

• Genre: Mech-Action RPG
  • Platform: PlayStation Vita (digital download from PSN)
  • Price: $14.99
  • Release Date: March 24, 2015
  • ESRB Rating: Teen
  • Region Availability:
    North America - US, Canada
  • South America - Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Honduras, Paraguay, Argentina, Colombia, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Peru, Mexico, Bolivia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Panama, Uruguay
  • Europe to follow

I need to vent. Whenever I've tried to "buy" PS+ games from the website that were available on more than one system, adding another version to the cart has always errored out, so ive developed the habit of only claiming one version of the game. The one at the top of the page as opposed to the bottom. My + expired mid November. I had claimed all the games early in the month. I bought a PSTV after the holidays, mostly for P4G, Binding of Isaac, and Nidhogg local mp. BoI was a + game in Nov. BoI is not crossbuy. I renewed + this month and went to download some games, but it was asking me to buy BoI. It seems I have the PS4 version but not the vita. AAAAAAAHHHHHH! Of course as a true can I cannot imagine myself actually paying for Isaac now, knowing that I should already have it, but I've also been imagining playing it for months now, and even purchased new hardware for it. I know it's my own fault but I still feel totally burned. Just putting this out there so others might learn a lesson... Or something.
I always go back after purchasing and make sure all versions are showing purchased. I always also try to add every version of a game to the cart. Sometimes the result is a "you are not eligible for this purchase" type message... sometimes they add without issue. Whatever the case yes this is a lesson. If anything it's also a lesson about letting PS+ lapse. Just pony up the money if the free games are important to you.

That's why you don't buy a console until it has enough games to make it worth buying FOR YOU. It's just common sense.
This is the mantra I tend to go by. But I can also understand wanting to own and play all systems. I used to be like that during the 90's and early 00's. If it was gaming back then, I wanted to play it. But for me that usually meant buying systems with games I wanted... especially older systems where the market was nearly dead and bargains were easy to find. I was a CAG before being a CAG was a thing.

New Arc System Works game coming soon to Vita:

DLC with new armor, weapons, and missions.
**Waves the red flag** That one line of the game description makes me think this won't be for me.

I'm guessing no flash sale or other weekend sale. So thankfully another week of not spending $$$. :)

That. Sounds. Amazing.

On another note, I am looking to dive into Hotline Miami. Can/should I skip the first and just grab the new one?
From what I've heard, there are portions of 2 that refer to the events of 1. If the story isn't that big of a deal, you could probably jump right into 2 and not miss a beat. I haven't played 2 yet, but have played, and not yet beaten, 1.

Some games that come to PS+ were crossbuy, so you only have to buy one version of them. Some games that come to PS+ were not crossbuy (like dragon's crown), but they gave PS+ subscribes both versions for free. That's why you should always try to add another version of it to the cart to check to see if it is crossbuy.

That. Sounds. Amazing.

On another note, I am looking to dive into Hotline Miami. Can/should I skip the first and just grab the new one?
I would recommend playing the first one because the new one takes place before and after the events of the first game.
Plus both games are great. Just get them both. The soundtracks are amazing. The new game adds a lot of new gameplay mechanics that you probably wouldn't appreciate if you didn't play the first one.

I have been experiencing the exact same thing with my Remote Play on the Vita lagging so much when I'm in another room about 20 feet away. My PS4 is wired, and I had originally setup my Vita to connect "Directly" with the PS4. If I were in the same room as the PS4, the Remote Play works perfectly. But when I go to any other room, the lag was so horrible I would get disconnects and screen tear. I had given up hope using the Vita with the Remote Play feature after playing The Swapper the other day. My guy would just keep running off the screen, and I'm only 20 feet away in another room.

Going with Ltrain's suggestions, the only thing that I had to change was to unchecked the "Direct Connection" on the PS4. That is contrary to everything I've read up to this point about Remote Play, which is to connect directly to the PS4. But that hasn't worked for me this past year, so I'm going to try unchecking that option later to see if it's any better. Thanks for the tip, Ltrain.
Yeah the PS4 will always try to maintain a direct connection to the VITA, even if the connection is spotty and you would be better served by running through your home wireless network.

It's fairly intuitive to remote play, but there are some serious "gotchas" in the process. Once you get it dialed in though, it's like magic. Good stuff.

I tried everything you said in that first paragraph, and yes I can play with the Vita close to my console without issue. The issue is when I go to my bedroom which is like 15 feet away.

The router I have is this one:

Medialink - Wireless N Broadband Router - 150 Mbps - 2.4GHz - 802.11n w/ Internal Antenna
Sorry for the double post. The issue is likely that router. It just doesn't have either the antenna or the throughput to handle remote play. If you can afford to step up to a wireless dual band router, I think your problems will be solved. I have an ASUS that has served me well for years. There are newer versions, but this is more than enough for me to get a solid connection for remote play throughout a 3000 sq ft house:

link

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back