PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
That screams bullshit to me. You do sales depending on how a game is doing, sales wise. You lower prices to get buyers. It will be free for ps plus in august im guessing
The developer is one guy. He made the choice long before launch to ensure nobody buys the game and is then screwed over a couple weeks later by having it go on sale. It's a really good game, and he spent YEARS of time and effort to make sure of that. He is only making sure everyone who supports him early is rewarded for doing so the only way he knows how.

Why? They've said it a number of times that they're not going to have a sale for the first six months and will give a heads up of about a month or two ahead of time when they're planning a sale.
It also builds good will from early adopters and drives sales at the current price point. Some developers are willing to sacrifice raw numbers (anti-Telltales, zing!) when they're confident in their product. Word of mouth and reviews for Axiom have been vey good. I bet they stick to this timeline.

Yep, I mentioned that the saves are online connection dependent. We learned that when their servers couldn't stay up. I don't remember which modes at this point but there's some that you wouldn't expect that weren't even accessible offline.
This is why every sports developer needs to steal Sony's year-to-year saves feature in MLB The Show to give their players ownership of the saves/players/franchises so they can use them in each successive game, though nobody else is dumb enough to have online DRM for their saves.

If you want a reason to get Axiom Verge:

https://twitter.com/Dan_Adelman/status/585180427129901056
I like the idea. No one wants to shun early adopters.

Although announcing sales 6 months in advance is not really feasible in the long run. They'll probably just notify people a week in advance tops.

Although announcing sales 6 months in advance is not really feasible in the long run. They'll probably just notify people a week in advance tops.
To be fair, most storefronts secure the deal to put a game on sale about a month in advance, so I'd bet they announce it when the deal is made.

It's not six months in advance, just not having a sale at all for the first six months and they'll give a heads up of a month or two before sales are planned since they make the plans for that themselves.

It's not six months in advance, just not having a sale at all for the first six months and they'll give a heads up of a month or two before sales are planned since they make the plans for that themselves.

This is why every sports developer needs to steal Sony's year-to-year saves feature in MLB The Show to give their players ownership of the saves/players/franchises so they can use them in each successive game, though nobody else is dumb enough to have online DRM for their saves.
Or just stop making games around this terrible for the consumer business models.

I think if Origins was going to get a retail release with all the DLC on disc it would have happened by now. $10 for the whole package might be the best deal for a long time.
It seems like a good deal, but it's not really "complete" like the "ultimate" label seems to suggest. The Black Mask stuff isn't included, correct?

Has anyone around here bought the bundle? If so, did you have any issues with installation, etc.?

I finally went out and got a $20 PSN card. Which should I pick up - Axiom Verge PS4 for $18 or the Batman: Arkham City/Arkham Origins PS3 bundles for roughly the same price?
Get Axiom Verge with your PSN wallet, and then scrounge up $10 to find a copy of Arkham City GOTY Edition. Pretend Origins doesn't exist, because really.. it shouldn't.

Get Axiom Verge with your PSN wallet, and then scrounge up $10 to find a copy of Arkham City GOTY Edition. Pretend Origins doesn't exist, because really.. it shouldn't.
Yeah, I've heard really good things about Axiom Verge but I really wanted to play Arkham City as Nightwing and Robin. Choices...

I just played Rogue Legacy for the first time on my PS3 (had already played it on Vita). It seemed to download my cross-save just fine, but when I get to the title screen and it tells me to press X, nothing happens. In fact, no buttons on my PS3 controller or my PS3 remote will get the game to respond. It just sits on the title screen.

If I press the PS home button, that works, and the controller and remote both work fine on the PS3 menus and everything...

Anyone else had this problem or heard about it or know what the heck to do?

It seems like a good deal, but it's not really "complete" like the "ultimate" label seems to suggest. The Black Mask stuff isn't included, correct?

Has anyone around here bought the bundle? If so, did you have any issues with installation, etc.?
It doesn't have the Black Mask challenges or the Deathstroke pack. Or any of that online booster junk. Additionally, the European Complete Editions only came with download vouchers.
I couldn't get myself to buy the bundle, so I can't answer any questions about the download installation. I figure the physical disk will be found for $5-$7 soon enough.

Ugh, I forgot about the DLC stuff from this week.  Now I have to decide about the Arkham City and New n' Tasty DLC.  Know I want Harley Quinn but not sure about Robin or Nightwing since it would mostly be if I get the silly idea of attempting to plat and 100% AC someday.  The New n' Tasty one I'm not sure about and would basically just be buying it to support the game.

Not to fall down this rabbit hole, but whatevs. Yeah, storywise, only Yukiko seemed to me to be plausible. Sure, Rise was throwing herself at him, but it felt to me like that was doomed to be, at best a fling. I mean, she come out the gate all up on him. That couldn't be real. Yukiko actually had to grow into it. That felt more interesting to me. Naoto's and Chie's love options just felt completely out of left field. Chie had the best chemistry with Yosuke.

And dont get me started on the P3 girls....
There's some Persona fans upset that Persona Q tries to make Chie & Akihiko a thing since she's the only girl that can keep up with his demand to train & their meat/protein fetishes. Those purists feel Akihiko should be with Mitsuru.

There's some Persona fans upset that Persona Q tries to make Chie & Akihiko a thing since she's the only girl that can keep up with his demand to train & their meat/protein fetishes. Those purists feel Akihiko should be with Mitsuru.
Um, ok.

Except by the end, they tell you neither party will remember anything, so it doesn't matter what happens in Persona Q.

Sorry I'm on some Persona fan pages on Facebook & I must have misinterpreted what they were meaning. I'm at the end of the 3rd dungeon so I obviously hadn't gotten to the end.

And thanks the app worked.

Not sure I would call them "purists." "Shippers" is more accurate, since there is canonically nothing romantic going on with Akihiko and Mitsuru in the first place.

But seriously, guys, Velma would never go for a guy like Fred.   It's ridiculous to even contemplate it when it's so clear Daphne and Fred were made for each other.

My PSN profile suddenly has two trophies for Dust, one of which is for completing Chapter 1. I have absolutely no recollection of playing the game, although I did download it after it went free for plus. And it seems they are earned in weird times like 5 in the morning.

A glitch in the Matrix?  :whistle2:k

My PSN profile suddenly has two trophies for Dust, one of which is for completing Chapter 1. I have absolutely no recollection of playing the game, although I did download it after it went free for plus. And it seems they are earned in weird times like 5 in the morning.

A glitch in the Matrix? :whistle2:k
Downloading two games at the same time will give you a glitch. Playing the 2nd game will give you Dust trophies.

Having a hard time trying to decide if I should jump on Batman: Arkham Origins Ultimate Bundle. I have the vanilla version for the Wii U. Considering if I should buy it for :ps3:. It's unclear to me what's in the season pass. It doesn't seem to include all of the DLC either. However, its highly unlikely that I would purchase any of the DLC on the Wii U platform.

Should I just get it? Any advice is appreciated. 

So, I got Lego Batman 2, Arkham Asylum, and Injustice. So far, I am really enjoying all three games. Best $28 I've ever spent on videogames.

Downloading two games at the same time will give you a glitch. Playing the 2nd game will give you Dust trophies.
I've heard about this glitch, does it always occur when you download multiple games at once? I'm getting my PS4 next month and I'll have a ton of PS+ games to download.

For those playing along at home, today's Spring Fever game is Bastion ($14.99/$13.49+). The franchise sale is Dragon Age while the movie franchise is Lego (I'd expect some Lego games on sale as well considering the lack of Lego movies).

Next week is GTA followed by Call Of Duty.

Not to be a Debbie Downer but I'm just expecting more junk. I don't hold it against Sony as PS+ has been great but they don't make enough PS4 content to create a good discount market for it yet.

Was kind of excited about the PS+ games until I read PC reviews of the games. Never Alone really had mixed reviews, so guess it's a love it or hate it kind of game. Tower of Guns - mediocre reviews. Aaru's Awakening - dismal reviews.

Still probably looking forward to Tower of Guns the most. And who knows, reviews are subjective. Guess I should just be happy that they're all new to me.

I've heard about this glitch, does it always occur when you download multiple games at once? I'm getting my PS4 next month and I'll have a ton of PS+ games to download.
It doesn't always happen but I have gotten it to occur for me when downloading both Injustice and Secret Ponchos simultaneously. Both had the Secret Ponchos icon and playing Injustice got me a Secret Ponchos trophy instead. Got it fixed by deleting both games then downloading them one at a time.

Bought some DLC for the Arkham games so between that and the PS4 Batman bundle (I need to find a way to afford that.) it was a good week for me.  I have 20 days until my Plus subscription ends so I'll be hitting the backlog of previous free games and trying to free up some hard drive space.

What's the consensus on the Lego TV shows and movies?  I heard one of the movies is just an adaption of one of the Lego Batman games. 

Dragon Age Inquisition Deluxe Edition will be on sale for $48.99 (30% off) on PS4 and $41.99 (40% off) for PS+.
For reference, Best Buy currently has the deluxe edition on sale for $49.99, which would be $39.99 with GCU. (Vanilla version is $39.99/$31.99 GCU).

sooo am I mistaken in thinking sales & PS+ games become active at 3pm EST/2pm CST?
7 minutes from now. 2pm PST. You will see last weeks sales come down before that, and stuff start going up before that (possibly without finalized sale prices) but 99% of the time it's done at 2pm PST/5pm EST). Final confirmation of it being complete is the 'Store Update' blog post on the PSN blog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back