PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
How much was the EU version you got? I was actually thinking of importing the physical UK version, anyway, assuming that also came with the rest of Short Peace.

EDIT: Oh, and if it does come with the rest of Short Peace, is it on disc? The PSN video restrictions seem pretty... restrictive. And I don't know that I want to make an EU account just for that, either.
I got mine from an Amazon seller. There are still a couple selling it for around $20 new on there. Rice Digital has it for the same with shipping. It took about 3 weeks I think so not too bad. Everything is on the disc, the short films and the game. No EU accounts or anything needed. When you put the disc in, the game is listed under the game section of the xmb and the movies are under videos. If you don't mind waiting, the physical copy is pretty cool and I'm glad I got it, but I don't know how long it will stay around $20 or so. The game, especially if it contains the films, is definitely worth $16 though and if I hadn't already imported it I probably would have just got it on sale. Anyways, hope I was of some help. If there's anything else just ask.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/star-wars-throwback-pack/cid=UP9000-NPUB50283_00-B000000000001560

The Star Wars Throwback Pack got a post-update drop to $17.94 (61% Off), which is a big savings since the five games separately would cost just over $31 if you're up for the PS2 and PS1 Classics.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/star-wars-mega-bundle/cid=UP1010-NPUB50287_00-B000000000001567

The Star Wars Mega Bundle also got a drop to $20.00 (50% Off), which is a bit cheaper than the $28 it would cost separately has all of the PSP games included.

What about those people who already bought those packs? Are they SOL? And I thought I got ripped off when KOF99 was $1 the same week it was $2.99.
I would hope no rational person bought either bundle since they were terrible deals then.

The Mega Bundle was full price ($40) before this, which would make it $12 more than they would have cost separately. The Throwback Bundle was maybe $1 cheaper than buying them separately before and now that's a much more acceptable deal. It's not like they were 50% off before and dropped to 75% off.

I got mine from an Amazon seller. There are still a couple selling it for around $20 new on there. Rice Digital has it for the same with shipping. It took about 3 weeks I think so not too bad. Everything is on the disc, the short films and the game. No EU accounts or anything needed. When you put the disc in, the game is listed under the game section of the xmb and the movies are under videos. If you don't mind waiting, the physical copy is pretty cool and I'm glad I got it, but I don't know how long it will stay around $20 or so. The game, especially if it contains the films, is definitely worth $16 though and if I hadn't already imported it I probably would have just got it on sale. Anyways, hope I was of some help. If there's anything else just ask.
That's quite helpful, actually, thank you. I went ahead and grabbed the UK physical version for $19.90.

Just out of curiosity, assuming you've tried this, will the films play in a normal blu-ray player, or is it limited to the PS3?

That's quite helpful, actually, thank you. I went ahead and grabbed the UK physical version for $19.90.

Just out of curiosity, assuming you've tried this, will the films play in a normal blu-ray player, or is it limited to the PS3?
Glad I could help! I haven't tried it, but I read that it does play on a regular player. This link explains a lot about it and some other cool stuff on the disc and in the game:

https://animeblurayuk.wordpress.com/2014/04/18/blu-ray-review-short-peace-ranko-tsukigimes-longest-day/

The important question is this: are any of those games good? Force Unleashed looks kinda nifty; not sold on the rest.
I liked the bit of Renegade Squadron that I played (one ground/tutorial mission and a flight combat mission), as it's well made and controls well on Vita/PS TV with a dual analog control option. I also grabbed Elite Squadron and The Force Unleashed for PSP/Vita/PS TV and will make videos of them to hopefully go up tomorrow morning if you want to see them in action.

The PS2/PS1 stuff is more sketchy. I enjoyed Starfighter back in the day as a post-launch flight combat game. I think I remember enjoying Racer's Revenge when I rented it back in the day, but it hasn't been recent enough to know if it still holds up. Most of those PS2 games just released this week, so I don't think you're going to get much feedback on these new versions.

The important question is this: are any of those games good? Force Unleashed looks kinda nifty; not sold on the rest.
I liked the bit of Renegade Squadron that I played (one ground/tutorial mission and a flight combat mission), as it's well made and controls well on Vita/PS TV with a dual analog control option. I also grabbed Elite Squadron and The Force Unleashed for PSP/Vita/PS TV and will make videos of them to hopefully go up tomorrow morning if you want to see them in action.

The PS2/PS1 stuff is more sketchy. I enjoyed Starfighter back in the day as a post-launch flight combat game. I think I remember enjoying Racer's Revenge when I rented it back in the day, but it hasn't been recent enough to know if it still holds up. Most of those PS2 games just released this week, so I don't think you're going to get much feedback on these new versions.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/star-wars-throwback-pack/cid=UP9000-NPUB50283_00-B000000000001560

The Star Wars Throwback Pack got a post-update drop to $17.94 (61% Off), which is a big savings since the five games separately would cost just over $31 if you're up for the PS2 and PS1 Classics.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/star-wars-mega-bundle/cid=UP1010-NPUB50287_00-B000000000001567

The Star Wars Mega Bundle also got a drop to $20.00 (50% Off), which is a bit cheaper than the $28 it would cost separately has all of the PSP games included.
Anyone here play the majority of the PSP bundle? $20 seems cheap, but it's still $20.

I would say yes, or get it on PC instead when it's on sale. It was released on Steam/GOG recently.
I'm annoyed that I missed out on the free Steam copy. Hopefully it'll be in a bundle at some point.

Does anyone recommend Disgaea D2? Not sure if I should pick it up at $10 or wait until it's discounted further.

I'm annoyed that I missed out on the free Steam copy. Hopefully it'll be in a bundle at some point.

Does anyone recommend Disgaea D2? Not sure if I should pick it up at $10 or wait until it's discounted further.
NISA games rarely ever go on sale, so you might as well grab them if you're interested.

The Disgaea games are great in that they pile gameplay advances on top of each other so that each game is mechanically better than the one before it. Therefore, D2 is my "favorite" in the series from a gameplay standpoint, even if it's not my favorite from a story perspective. I still enjoyed the story, but how strongly I'd recommend it might depend on whether you played the original Disgaea. If you liked that game, absolutely get D2. If you've never played it, it really depends on how much you like grid-based combat and/or the type of humor involved in the game.

So I decided that I shouldn't just buy everything and only went with catherine. Good news is it didn't cost me a penny cus I had $5 sitting in my paypal for some reason

Rune Factory : Tides
Mugen Souls Z
Suikoden 2
Sorcery Saga : Curry
Conception 2
Demon Gaze
Hyperdiemsion : PP
Hatsune Mike : Proj Diva f
Senran Kagura : SV
Akiba's Trip
Senran Kagura : BA

---------------------------
All in all about $120. Any yay or nay on the above games is appreciated since I cannot grab all of them due to being over my budget, which is probably in the $60-70 range.

Anyone notice the Star Wars Throwback Pack for PS3 is now showing as $17.94? Wasn't going to bite originally but see enough value in replaying Bounty Hunter, Dark Forces and RoTS to buy it.

All in all about $120. Any yay or nay on the above games is appreciated since I cannot grab all of them due to being over my budget, which is probably in the $60-70 range.
Suikoden II is often regarded as the best entry of the entire series. From what I've seen of it, the game seems like a solid buy at $5.

(This is especially so seeing as it's $5 instead being $90 or higher.)

Well yeah, it cost you 500 pennies.

Also you're doing the sale wrong! ;)
Oh I agree I'm not handling this one like I should. I've gone out in like every other sale I've seen over the past month though, I need to give my backlog and my bank a rest for a little bit...aa few hours should do right ;)

Can I download games on PS3 and move them to a flash drive or external drive until I'm ready to play them, and then move them back on to the console to play? I'm pretty sure I can't play them off of an external drive that's why I'm asking. I know I can buy a bigger internal drive and eventually I will do that but until then would this work?

Sorry, the external drive fix won't work. You'll just waste one of your downloads. Just choose not to download it now and wait until you can play it.

Well I ended up buying:

- Broken Age

- Tales of Symphonia Chronicles

- Suikoden 2

- Time and Eternity - Yes thank the Pillar of the Community for that; I double-dipped.

played it on 3ds if its the same game... It was an okay game but doubt i would spend 15 on it
Legend of Korra on 3ds and on consoles are two totally different games. 3ds version is a tactical RPG... kinda like fire emblem or advanced wars or something. While console version appears to be an action game

By the way, anyone played Edge of Serenety or Mystic Chronicles? Are they decent little retro RPGS? Also wondering if carnage Hearts EXA is turn based or real time. Videos ive seen mke it look like a real time game kinda like the old armored core series. Is that a fair comparison?

Also wondering if carnage Hearts EXA is turn based or real time. Videos ive seen mke it look like a real time game kinda like the old armored core series. Is that a fair comparison?
I haven't played it but know that is not the case. I've heard the gameplay is fairly complicated and it's not action at all. You program how mechs behave or something like that, no direct control over them.

Could someone recommend which harvest moon should I get?
I wasn't sure about Harvest Moon: Boy and Girl, so I checked the Harvest Moon Wiki. Harvest Moon: Boy and Girl is a port of the PS1 game Back to Nature which is also a PSP compilation that combines the boy and girl versions of that game creating different paths depending on which gender you chose. Harvest Moon: Hero of Leaf Valley is a port of the PS2 game Save the Homeland where you can only play as a boy. So if you want a pure Harvest Moon experience, you can't go wrong with either. Innocent Life is different in that you play a robot but essentially it's the same as any other Harvest Moon game. Having owned physical copies of Back to Nature, Save the Homeland and Innocent Life, I would go for either of the first two if you are just looking for a traditional Harvest Moon game to play. Save the Homeland has slightly better graphics though. Sadly, I will probably buy them all. I'm a big Harvest Moon fan, although I was never able to find a cheap copy of Boy and Girl back in the PSP's heyday. But all of them will take you quite a while to finish.

I haven't played it but know that is not the case. I've heard the gameplay is fairly complicated and it's not action at all. You program how mechs behave or something like that, no direct control over them.
Yep. Logic based. You tell them what to do in an event of an incoming missile, etc. Start the simulation and watch it go. You fail, you fix the part of your logic that caused it to fail.

Ugh, having to play through Murdered again from scratch since it never uploaded the last two story trophies nor my save file.  Too much unskippable stuff.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/05/03/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-552015/

Here's The Drop for this week:

New PlayStation Games This Week

AirMech Arena
PS4 — Digital (PS Plus Subscribers Play First)

AirMech Arena is a highly competitive, fast-paced, real-time strategy game, where players use versatile AirMechs to amass combat forces and destroy enemy fortresses. In the future, the last survivors of the Great War continue their fight alongside the ultimate war machine: the AirMech. Available one week early for PS Plus subscribers.

Arcade Archives City Connection
PS4 — Digital

City Connection is an old-school action game that was released by Jaleco in 1985. As Clarice, outrun the police as you attempt to see all the sights and roads of the world.

Chariot
PS3 — Digital

Chariot is a humorous, physics-based, couch co-op platformer in which a brave Princess and her Fiance carry a funeral wagon through ancient caves, fending off swarms of looters while amassing riches, to bury the King’s remains in a worthy, gold-filled tomb. If only his majesty would keep quiet…

Cosmophony
PS4, PS3, PS Vita — Digital (Three Way Cross Buy)

Cosmophony is a musical shooter designed for demanding gamers seeking an original and intense gaming experience. You must control the heart of a fallen goddess within a dying universe in order to fulfill her destiny. Your goal is to progress through a series of levels designed to be played to an exhilarating, 100% drum and bass soundtrack.

Ether One
PS4 — Digital

Ether One is a first-person adventure that deals with the fragility of the human mind. There are two paths in the world you can choose from. At its core is a story exploration path free from puzzles where you can unfold the story at your own pace.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition
PS4 — Digital, Retail

Experience the definitive version of Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor which includes The Lord of the Hunt and The Bright Lord story missions, the Trials of War challenge series, plus additional Warband Missions, Runes, and Skins.

Syberia II
PS3 — Digital

Having searched Eastern and Western Europe for a massing heir, Kate Walker finally completed her long and arduous journey, obtaining the signature of Hans Voralberg and closing the automaton factory buyout. Mission accomplished? Not for this sophisticated New York lawyer…

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
PS4 — Digital

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood is a standalone prequel to the critically acclaimed first-person shooter, Wolfenstein: The New Order. The adventure, which spans eight chapters, features the hallmarks of MachineGames — thrilling action, immersive story, and intense first-person combat.

Demos and Betas
Ride — PS4 Demo

Anyone notice the Star Wars Throwback Pack for PS3 is now showing as $17.94? Wasn't going to bite originally but see enough value in replaying Bounty Hunter, Dark Forces and RoTS to buy it.
Crap I bought this on 4/30 for the $30 price. Does anyone know if Sony will provide refunds within a certain period? I kinda doubt it but wondering if anyone has tried that before.

It sounds like Nom Nom Galaxy from Q Games is going to be out in May from what one of their team members said on the latest 8-4 Play. They added a campaign to the PC/Early Access version recently, so I'm looking forward to checking it out.

I wonder if Wolfenstein: Old Blood is worth the current PS+ price? I loved the new Wolfenstein game, paid around $25-30 for it I believe, maybe more? Also, will W: Old Blood come out as a physical game or no?

I wonder if Wolfenstein: Old Blood is worth the current PS+ price? I loved the new Wolfenstein game, paid around $25-30 for it I believe, maybe more? Also, will W: Old Blood come out as a physical game or no?
Digital only I believe. Wolf was definitely one of my favorite games last year but I'll be waiting for at least 50% off because it's inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back