PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I just say I don't like how consoles are complex as PCs now? They're literally PCs. If you had an NES giving you trouble, chances are blowing on the cartridge or changing the connector pin (really easy) was all it took to get her working.

When I get bored of my current games, I'm going to seriously look into getting a Sega Saturn instead of the current crop. I'd love to get my hands on an arcade-perfect X-Men vs. Street Fighter.
Just last month it was determined that that NES cartridge blowing thing was a placebo effect. :/

Just last month it was determined that that NES cartridge blowing thing was a placebo effect. :/
I've seen them saying that it doesn't help for years, backed up with science... but so many years and trials to the contrary speak volumes.
People also knock on wood and do other sorts of centuries old superstitions.
My prefered technique was to leave the door open and wiggle the cartridge back and forth while inside the console, worked every time.

My prefered technique was to leave the door open and wiggle the cartridge back and forth while inside the console, worked every time.
I used what I called the "crunch" technique. Start to push the cart down before it was fully inserted "crunching" it a bit against the front of the cartridge slot on the way down. Money every time.

Have you tried hitting it with a hammer?
kpZ98X0.gif

Can I just say I don't like how consoles are complex as PCs now? They're literally PCs. If you had an NES giving you trouble, chances are blowing on the cartridge or changing the connector pin (really easy) was all it took to get her working.

When I get bored of my current games, I'm going to seriously look into getting a Sega Saturn instead of the current crop. I'd love to get my hands on an arcade-perfect X-Men vs. Street Fighter.
The PS4 is nowhere near as complex, from an interface/general use perspective as a PC. Not even close. Not even in the same realm.

Playing Heavy Rain almost 3 years later after I beat it so I can plat it and it's making me want the :ps4: version really bad. Can't wait to replay this and Beyond Two Souls at 1080p/60fps  =P~

Playing Heavy Rain almost 3 years later after I beat it so I can plat it and it's making me want the :ps4: version really bad. Can't wait to replay this and Beyond Two Souls at 1080p/60fps =P~
You have great taste, my friend. I need to go back and do this too, but with PS Move for a new experience haha!

According to Sony white light means everything is fine with the system and its powered on. So it should be outputting video but it's not. No change booting into safe mode so it's not a random resolution issue. If the HDMI was damaged or there's a problem with a connection the system is supposed to pulse blue. Just sitting there with a white light is about the least helpful thing it could do.
Did you at least look at the connector on the pS4 and make sure that it didn't have anything sticking up? Does the HDMI cable go all the way in? When i was searching about it not all people with the issue had just a blue pusling light. Seems quite a few people had this issue.

Hi guys! New here. Thanks for all the information you always give everyone!

I was thinking of buying 1 year of plus (as my subscription ends in august), driveclub and GOW3, well over U$S100. I did not own a PS3 so I'm desperate to play god of war, is it as good as the previous ones?

Thanks!!

Hi guys! New here. Thanks for all the information you always give everyone!
I was thinking of buying 1 year of plus (as my subscription ends in august), driveclub and GOW3, well over U$S100. I did not own a PS3 so I'm desperate to play god of war, is it as good as the previous ones?

Thanks!!
God of War III was my favorite of the bunch with Ghost of Sparta being a close second! I don't know if you want to go digital on it though because it is only single player... any other games you're interested in?

anybody actually think the arkham knight season pass will be worth it? especially if you arent particularly interested in different batmobiles or tracks, challenge maps or skins?

God of War III was my favorite of the bunch with Ghost of Sparta being a close second! I don't know if you want to go digital on it though because it is only single player... any other games you're interested in?
Thanks for the answer! I see what you mean. I might hold on to buying GoW then, because I'm not from the US, and physical games in my country are VERY expensive(around double than in the US for day 1 games, and games do not drop as much in price after that).

There's a (legal!) way to import them from the US rather cheaply but i need to buy 3-4 games at the same time for it to be cost-effective.

I was interested on Tomb Raider as the price seems unbeatable (and I don't think it will go into PS+ as it would be free adversting for the XBox), but it would not still put me in the U$S100 mark. Any advice? I like pretty much all games!

Thanks for the answer! I see what you mean. I might hold on to buying GoW then, because I'm not from the US, and physical games in my country are VERY expensive(around double than in the US for day 1 games, and games do not drop as much in price after that).
There's a (legal!) way to import them from the US rather cheaply but i need to buy 3-4 games at the same time for it to be cost-effective.

I was interested on Tomb Raider as the price seems unbeatable (and I don't think it will go into PS+ as it would be free adversting for the XBox), but it would not still put me in the U$S100 mark. Any advice? I like pretty much all games!
Since you're getting DriveClub, perhaps the season pass as well which is $24.99 I believe? So PS+ ($49.99) + DriveClub ($24.99) + DriveClub Season Pass ($24.99)? Then again, what if you end up not liking DriveClub haha

If you aren't interested in all that why buy the pass? They sell everything separate
basically im wondering if the story content and villians will end up more than the pass itself. not that anyone would know for sure, but maybe there has been a history with these batman games?

basically im wondering if the story content and villians will end up more than the pass itself. not that anyone would know for sure, but maybe there has been a history with these batman games?
Beat the base game. Trade it in. Buy the GOTY of it in a few months. Boom, conflict averted.

[quote name="jvang117" post="12760030" timestamp="1434900376"]Beat the base game. Trade it in. Buy the GOTY of it in a few months. Boom, conflict averted.[/quote]
I like yer thinking

Beat the base game. Trade it in. Buy the GOTY of it in a few months. Boom, conflict averted.
devil's advocate, i know save files werent compatible with arkham city vanilla and goty, not sure about the other 2. lol, i think im going to wait, either for a better sale or for the goty. $40 for some dlc is just too much.

devil's advocate, i know save files werent compatible with arkham city vanilla and goty, not sure about the other 2. lol, i think im going to wait, either for a better sale or for the goty. $40 for some dlc is just too much.
Warner Bros. would do that...then again it's a new generation so have hope :)

Not buying the season pass for Arkham. I just don't feel like telling WB that the cheaply developed challenge maps and skins are worth that much. Maybe I'll buy the story DLC on its own during a sale, but certainly not going to pretend like shelling out 2/3rds of the full game's price is actually getting me the proportional amount of content in this case. It's a badly priced pass, even at 10% off.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/06/21/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-6232015/

Here's The Drop for this week:

• Arcade Archives Raiders 5, PS4 — Digital
  • Astebreed, PS4 — Digital (Out 6/25)
  • Attacking Zegata, PS4 — Digital
  • Batman: Arkham Knight, PS4 — Digital, Retail
  • Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition, PS4 — Digital
  • Ender of Fire, PS4 — Digital
  • Planetside 2, PS4 — Digital
  • Ride, PS4 — Retail
  • Riptide GP2, PS4 — Digital
  • Shantae: Risky’s Revenge — Director’s Cut, PS4 — Digital
  • Suikoden 3, PS2 Classic — Digital
  • Tour de France 2015, PS4, PS3 — Digital

I think I'm going crazy; I need help. I bought Capcom Arcade Cabinet on the PS3. I download and install it (which is about 14 games total), but it doesn't show up under PS3 games. Not even the individual games show up after installation.

The 14 games are in my library, but is there supposed to be a "client" game called Capcom Arcade Cabinet too ? I don't know what I could possible be doing wrong.

I think I'm going crazy; I need help. I bought Capcom Arcade Cabinet on the PS3. I download and install it (which is about 14 games total), but it doesn't show up under PS3 games. Not even the individual games show up after installation.

The 14 games are in my library, but is there supposed to be a "client" game called Capcom Arcade Cabinet too ? I don't know what I could possible be doing wrong.
Yeah, there's a hub to house all of the games that you need to play the games:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/capcom-arcade-cabinet/cid=UP0102-NPUB30769_00-CACC0255PACKALLX

The one that's on sale is really DLC because you have to download the main game first. Search Capcom Arcade Cabinet. Purchase and download the one that says free first. Then you can download the other additional games separately.

Suikoden 3?!
I know, right? It only took forever and a day to get Suikoden II on PSN. But now that it's cracked the bestseller list, maybe Konami is more pliable to rereleasing all the Suikoden games digitally. And hopefully - though this is almost certainly wishful thinking - they'll localize the Suikoden PSP game that came out a couple of years ago.

Can anyone recommend Hell Yeah: Wrath of the Rabbit? It's only $4.50 but online reviews seem to be split. I tend to only buy games from PSN sales that haven't had a retail release, and this one is published by Sega.

Can anyone recommend Hell Yeah: Wrath of the Rabbit? It's only $4.50 but online reviews seem to be split. I tend to only buy games from PSN sales that haven't had a retail release, and this one is published by Sega.
I had the exact same train of thought here. I watched about 3-4 youtube reviews and none of them really made a strong case for buying this game. I went in ready to buy if any one review said to forget the naysayers and give it a try but alas...I didn't find a review like that.

I had the exact same train of thought here. I watched about 3-4 youtube reviews and none of them really made a strong case for buying this game. I went in ready to buy if any one review said to forget the naysayers and give it a try but alas...I didn't find a review like that.
I should probably try the demo but sometimes they don't really give a full picture. A lot of games have a terrible first stage or annoying tutorial and get better the more you play.

Playing Heavy Rain almost 3 years later after I beat it so I can plat it and it's making me want the :ps4: version really bad. Can't wait to replay this and Beyond Two Souls at 1080p/60fps =P~
i cant wait either,i missed both of those and LoU last gen cause I just switched to PS4,cant wait to play them

on another note come on flash sale!! i got $60 in my wallet that I am stuck with now so I need some sales to spend it

So, I'm new to PS4 and I'm not too familiar with the sales trends for games on PSN. Are these prices good or should I wait? Which games should I bite on, if any?

Rayman legends $16
Tomb Raider $12
Shadow of mordor $23.99
Infamous second son $19.99
Driveclub $24

I just decided to delete Game of Thrones and not play it. If I did I would probably just buy the season pass and it would take up my time from playing Batman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back