PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="FriskyTanuki" post="12884608" timestamp="1440532557"]I got it at launch and it came with both versions, so it's Cross Buy unless something happened recently.[/quote]
Thanks that's great. There's just no mention of it on the game page in the web store. I remember usually seeing something to the tune of "purchasing this game entitles you to both the ps4 and psvita versions" on a cross buy game's store page.

Opinions on Dustforce?
It's a platformer that's ultimately about speed runs through strong level design and gameplay. I'm going to pick up the Vita version, much as I enjoyed the short time I've played the PC version.

Look up Matthewmatosis' review on it if you're in doubt

The 10% coupon for preordering/buying 2 games earlier this month (Rapture, Journey, etc) is being delivered Sept 1st.  So you could theoretically use it for this retro sale if they deliver it before price changes next tuesday, but most likely they will send it out after store changes are done.

I bought grim fandango, $7 is a great price for another good PS4 game

That doesn't apply to several on the list like Beyond Two Souls, Trials, Joe Danger, Bound By Flame, Wolf Among Us, Worms, Ratchet & Clank, Call of Juarez Gunslinger, etc.
Worms isn't retro?

I don't see the need to get offended or whatever about how well the title of the sale covers everything in it.

That doesn't apply to several on the list like Beyond Two Souls, Trials, Joe Danger, Bound By Flame, Wolf Among Us, Worms, Ratchet & Clank, Call of Juarez Gunslinger, etc.
I don't get the issue with most of those, Beyond Two Souls and Wolf Among Us are really the only out of place ones. For a retro sale I'd like more PS1 and PS2 classics, but oh well. There will be more another time.

I still am not even seeing sale prices for the Atlus games that are showing up.
The Persona Sale:

Persona 2: Eternal Punishment - PS3/PSP - $4.99 - 50% Off
Persona 4 Arena - PS3 - $14.99 - 50% Off
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax - PS3 - $29.99 - 25% Off
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax Ultimate Edition - PS3 - $74.99 - 6% Off
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona - PSP - $14.99 - 25% Off
Shin Mengami Tensei: Persona 2: Innocent Sin - PSP - $14.99 - 25% Off
Shin Mengami Tensei: Persona 3 FES - PS3 - $4.99 - 50% Off
Shin Mengami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable - PSP - $14.99 - 25% Off
Shin Mengami Tensei: Persona 4 - PS3 - $4.99 - 50% Off

It's not a noteworthy sale unless you've been missing the PS1 or PS2 stuff in their previous sales.

I don't see the need to get offended or whatever about how well the title of the sale covers everything in it.
I'm not offended at all. I simply made an observation about how the sale is referred to as "retro" and yet many titles exist that aren't retro at all. This doesn't offend me. It amuses me. My listing of non-retro game was in response to someone else saying the games were retro because they look and play that way. I realize it's just about as silly and productive as discussing inverted controls.

Also, you're probably right about Worms being retro.

I'm planning to pick up Aqua Kitty DX at minimum because I just finished Rock Boshers DX (same dev) and had a blast with it. Such a great little game.

Really the prices in this sale and the games offered are really good. Not sure what all I'll grab.

Is Tron Bonne compatible with Vita?
If you opened the store page for it you'd see clearly it states:

"This title is compatible with the PSP™, PS Vita, PS TV and PS3® systems."

I'm planning to pick up Aqua Kitty DX at minimum because I just finished Rock Boshers DX (same dev) and had a blast with it. Such a great little game.
Rock Boshers is one of the games I'm thinking about getting. Is it fun in single and multiplayer? The game page lists 2-4 players only but pretty sure that's wrong from the trailer.

The Persona Sale:

It's not a noteworthy sale unless you've been missing the PS1 or PS2 stuff in their previous sales.
Several of those games were cheaper in the last Atlus sale.

Am I right in thinking Pier Solar is only crossbuy when buying the PS4 version? (which isn't on sale, only PS3) It doesn't say anything about crossbuy on the PS3 page.

Pier solar is crossbuy. I got it on sale a few weeks ago. Store is probably not 100% updated yet.

I never try and buy anything for a few hours after it goes "live".

Supossedly... Pier solar will add the Vita version to the crossbuy, retroactively to those that already own it. (When they actually release it..)

Rock Boshers is one of the games I'm thinking about getting. Is it fun in single and multiplayer? The game page lists 2-4 players only but pretty sure that's wrong from the trailer.
Yeah that's weird. The Vita version listing on the webpage shows multiplayer, the PS4 version (which it's crossbuy with) doesn't. It's a typo. The only multiplayer are the speed run scores for each level that are tied to leaderboards. Beyond that it's purely a single player experience with a set number of fixed levels that you run through. It's dual stick but the left stick is more the traditional 8 way dpad style movement (using dpad or left stick). Same for the gun shooting with the right stick. Beyond that it's r1 to change weapons when new weapons are unlocked in some levels. The levels are crafted very well. Nothing get's stale as they change it up very often. Overall, it's a fun game. It gets difficult but skills needed are built up by playing the game. There are 3 main targets/goals for each level, finish the level, finish with all 3 of the items in the level, and finish within a minimum time. You don't have to finish the level with all 3 targets complete to move on and you can replay levels to just focus on one of the missed goals. To me the speed running is a great feature as the levels are really crafted for them and it is really satisfying to figure out what you have to do to get among the top players. I have a lot of top 10 scores and I only started playing it recently so there's plenty of room to match the existing competition if you like that kind of stuff.

I've owned the Blu-ray versions of Ghostbusters 1 and 2 for a while.

I never realized the green cover was slime till I saw the thumb nail right this minute...

Random question for people here, I quit Lone Survivor over a year ago yet it still remains a game I desperately want to finish for its amazing concept and atmosphere. Could I just start back successfully from where I left off or am I better off starting over?

The Persona Sale:

Well, every time i decide I'm going to bite the bullet and grab persona 1/2a/2b... the prices aren't particularly great. I guess I can put it off till next month's sale.

Am I right in thinking Pier Solar is only crossbuy when buying the PS4 version? (which isn't on sale, only PS3) It doesn't say anything about crossbuy on the PS3 page.
it's crossbuy. they've also confirmed the eventual vita version is crossbuy, which is why i bought it last time it went on sale.

The Struggle, wanting to pick up Hotline Miami 2, but not sure since it might be cheaper....keyword, might. :wall:
it'll eventually be cheaper, that's a given. but it's also certainly worth the current price and worth playing sooner than later.

man, so many games fly under the radar.

nova 111 looks interesting.  based on reading up on it, it's by 2 pixeljunk devs... it's some sort of sci-fi themed, turn based, puzzle shooter. 

Bought De Blob, Bit Trip Presents, Rayman 3 HD and all three of the Arcade Archives. Considering Grim Fandango since I already own most of the others that I would want.

Are Titan Souls and/or Grim Fandango good to play on the Vita or better suited for ps4 play? I only ask because they are they type of games i dont really see myself playing on the ps4 but would definatly play on vita

[quote name="FriskyTanuki" post="12884831" timestamp="1440537956"]Diablo III UEE got a big update adding four new difficulties, 40 new legendaries and sets, a new area in Act III, and some more stuff.[/quote]
As if i needed another reason to replay old games and avoid my backlog

Random question for people here, I quit Lone Survivor over a year ago yet it still remains a game I desperately want to finish for its amazing concept and atmosphere. Could I just start back successfully from where I left off or am I better off starting over?
That's the one where you're the gormless goofball in the hospital mask, right? Against side scrolling Silent Hill losers?

Lone Survivor is not very long but I would say you're up against a tough thing coming back to it after a long break. 90% of LS's gameplay is developing, learning, and executing a routine to get from your home further and further in that shithole apartment complex. I don't recall, but I don't think there are a lot of good "here's what you need to do next" hints other than just hitting up places you haven't been before. And I think entire "world" branches are not necessary to revisit after you clear them, so if you forget what you've done or the shortcuts you've opened you could be up a creek.

Plus, you have forgotten all the habits you learned to get around the various goons stationed on your normal route without expending supplies. You could relearn them, certainly, but the game did a better job of teaching you them the first run through.

The endings aren't worth the effort though. It's a perfectly fine game, I don't regret it, but if you want to go back to it because the plot excited you? Nah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back