PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I really liked First Light which I figured I would. As you said her back story was fairly interesting. I didn't mess around with the arena stuff though. I will have to check that out and see how realistic it is that I could get those related trophies before attempting to get 100%.
I found the arena much easier/more fun after completing all of the story mode-exclusive challenges (stop drive-bys/APCs) and getting all of the map collectibles/tasks done (lumens, graffiti, drones, and races) to get a bunch of upgrades, especially for the homing missiles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Cleaner for one more 4 for Feb edit. I'll have to change the games to vita stuff because of my ps3 debacle (I have a new one on the way though!).

Rogue Legacy (beat first playthrough)
Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate (finish plat)
LEGO LOTR

jesus is there a mechanism to contact sony that isn't awful?  I'm just trying to get this game I bought to show up in my download list and the guy on chat wants me to delete data on my PS4.

My CE for The Order is in the "Preparing Order" stage according to Bestbuy.com. Maybe it'll arrive on Friday or Saturday...

On an unrelated note, is Super Stardust Ultra gone from your download list? Looks like they may have swapped it out in the store. I'm chatting trying to get it fixed now.
I just checked and it's not, but I'm not sure that it ever was. The day I bought it it wouldn't show up in my download list and the store listing still shows that I can buy it. Looks like that is still the case. I was able to download it fine from my PS4 by going into the store, so I never gave it a second thought.

My CE for The Order is in the "Preparing Order" stage according to Bestbuy.com. Maybe it'll arrive on Friday or Saturday...
You reminded me to check my own, no change yet, I actually have an extra CE coming since I thought it would be rare or sought after...maybe I should just return it?

You reminded me to check my own, no change yet, I actually have an extra CE coming since I thought it would be rare or sought after...maybe I should just return it?
Maybe. If the value for the CE rises, it won't last very long due to the "negative" buzz surrounding The Order's overall length.

It's a Collectors Edition, not a Limited Edition, so I'll read that as meaning there will be plenty available and the price of the CE will only drop. Of course I could be 100% wrong. Your call!

According to 4ForFeb there's at least 10 folks that'll be playing The Order this weekend? That's pretty nuts. I'm looking forward to some qte graphics whoring myself.

phew

I'm at like 40% completion on most wanted. I still can't hang in any races that aren't marked green and easy. I need to pick a car, dig in and start pimping it I guess.
What I did is printed this from the trophy guide and then did as many green races as I could, crossing off the event as I completed it. While doing those I made note of any cars that I liked the handling (or that I hated) so that when I started the orange races I had a list of cars to use with them. This also gives you plenty of time to get better at drifting, hand braking, and traffic weaving before you start the harder races.

Some orange cars are better than others at completing the task, for instance in the speed runs if you are having trouble with crashing it would be better to complete the event with a car with a lower top speed (like the range rover) as the average speed required for 1st place lowers with a slower car. Then with the red events do as many with the cars you like, then you'll just have to drive some extra races to get the mods you like on the other cars so you can finish. Burn, track tires (unless a lot of offroad), lightweight frame, aero (or impact protection if there are a lot of turns you are bumping into), and long gears.

If some of those are hidden behind harder races prioritize races with mods which are straight upgrades (no trade-offs). Any nitrous is better than no nitrous (though I prefer burn), either body is better than the stock body, and generally either transmission is preferable to the stock transmission. So one of the first medium races I generally run on each car is the one that gives you impact protection and short gears, then I go for track tires.

So has anyone here actually played Magrunner?  I had never even heard of the game before you guys talked about it yesterday.  Looking at the videos for it, it looks to be slightly similar to Portal 2 which I loved.  I am sure it is not anywhere near that in terms of quality, but for $1.49 it looks like a no brainer.

My only hesitation is that I have had an issue with motion sickness in first person games at times.  I doubt enough people have played it to have any info on that one way or another.

So has anyone here actually played Magrunner? I had never even heard of the game before you guys talked about it yesterday. Looking at the videos for it, it looks to be slightly similar to Portal 2 which I loved. I am sure it is not anywhere near that in terms of quality, but for $1.49 it looks like a no brainer.

My only hesitation is that I have had an issue with motion sickness in first person games at times. I doubt enough people have played it to have any info on that one way or another.
Pretty sure Pancakes has played it.

The more you guys talk about Most Wanted, the more I want to play Rivals.

Gator, when do you want to start that? 2016?
I could move it up in the Q at any point I guess. I want to read into the game a little more and see how the gameplay compares to Most Wanted. I will try to get to that today. At the moment, I am trying to go through all the sales games to see what if anything I want to add to the backlog.

I'll tell you what gives me motion sickness is Spelunky coop played on a PS3/PS4 where I am not in control of the camera (only the player with the flag controls the camera on PS3/PS4). This is eliminated by playing with Vitas, but we only have mine and yesterday we were playing 3 player and I let the kids use the Vita.

Also while we were playing my kid got the The Entire Gang trophy even though he doesn't even remotely have the entire gang. Or at least it popped up - not sure if he really got credit for it.

How can there be "heavy snow", but with a total accumulation of "less than half an inch"? That's the forecast for today and tonight (that is, 2x less than half an inch of "heavy snow"). Well, I don't think that's going to get me off work tomorrow, but maybe I'll get to go in late. Fingers crossed….
If that half inch of snow is going to all drop in a short period of time instead of being spread out over several hours, I would classify that as "heavy snow."

How long does the crystal grinding take? Sounds boring as fuck.
I'd say a couple hours if you use the map for each world. Was there only the one world in that game where you had to mine them? I know there are 2 levels (one snow and one desert) but I can not recall now if that was 2 different games or both in the same one.

It isnt really that boring since there are enemies throughout the area and is a good way to help level up weapons. You probably want someone's opinion other than mine though since you know I would do that part regardless :)

I could move it up in the Q at any point I guess. I want to read into the game a little more and see how the gameplay compares to Most Wanted. I will try to get to that today. At the moment, I am trying to go through all the sales games to see what if anything I want to add to the backlog.
Yeah, no worries. It appears the only 2 real online trophies take a couple minutes to get. So I will probably play it a bit after I am done with the 4forFeb games. It seems like we can get the 2 online trophies anytime.

How long does the crystal grinding take? Sounds boring as fuck.
I didnt think it was that bad. Thats just getting the 100 crystals in the desert right? It isnt really a grind, you just have to go out and kill all the bad guys to get to them right?

But I love playing R&C games so nothing is too much of a grind other than that bolt trophy in the first one. I couldnt get the glitch to work so I said fuck it and didnt bother.

In the first ratchet & clank there is a part where you have to outrun rising waters. That part pissed me off and I stopped playing. I'm sure I'll go back to it, though. #ISuckAtGames

Pretty sure Pancakes has played it.
I don't think so. At least not on his main account. For some reason your post made me remember the TT friend leaderboard thing for any games your friends have played. There isn't one for that game. So unless I am missing some regulars on my friend's list there, I do not expect an answer.

For that price, I will just have to give it a try.

I don't think so. At least not on his main account. For some reason your post made me remember the TT friend leaderboard thing for any games your friends have played. There isn't one for that game. So unless I am missing some regulars on my friend's list there, I do not expect an answer.

For that price, I will just have to give it a try.
Yeah I decided to get it because it was $1.49 and the reviews were actually pretty good. They also all mention that its similar to Portal gameplay wise.

Yeah I really liked First Light which I figured I would. As you said her back story was fairly interesting. I didn't mess around with the arena stuff though. I will have to check that out and see how realistic it is that I could get those related trophies before attempting to get 100%.

I found the arena much easier/more fun after completing all of the story mode-exclusive challenges (stop drive-bys/APCs) and getting all of the map collectibles/tasks done (lumens, graffiti, drones, and races) to get a bunch of upgrades, especially for the homing missiles.
Yeah, it's not too bad once you have upgraded most of your stuff. The survival ones you just want to keep moving and spam homing missles, drain neon, repeat to keep your multiplier up. The best tip for the rescue is that you can put the human in stasis, and it will prevent them from being hit while you take out the enemies. Just have to be careful not to do it if they can be knocked off of a platform/ledge.

Doing Zimm's job for him. 10% off TVs via Target Cartwheel. I didn't check to see if there were any good deals, but maybe price-match time, Pharm?

I am not sure if it is some sort of glitch, but in case anyone did not have plus when Resogun PS4 came out it shows as free for me now if I go to Weekly Deals, then All Deals in the web store.  Maybe it is because I "purchased" it with plus, but it does not show purchased like everything else does for that.  It just says Free.

I'm thinking Popeyes 3 piece (1 leg, 2 wings), mashed potatoes and onion rings, and a ridiculously large soda for lunch. Then I will go into a quiet room and die peacefully.

I am not sure if it is some sort of glitch, but in case anyone did not have plus when Resogun PS4 came out it shows as free for me now if I go to Weekly Deals, then All Deals in the web store. Maybe it is because I "purchased" it with plus, but it does not show purchased like everything else does for that. It just says Free.
I'm seeing the same thing, but it won't let me checkout with it. Gives me an error.

I'm thinking Popeyes 3 piece (1 leg, 2 wings), mashed potatoes and onion rings, and a ridiculously large soda for lunch. Then I will go into a quiet room and die peacefully.
That sounds much much better than my planned lunch of a quick cigarette and need for speed vita in my car while it's 15 degrees outside.

That sounds much much better than my planned lunch of a quick cigarette and need for speed vita in my car while it's 15 degrees outside.
I just had a Michelina's frozen dinner thing that costs 88 cents at Walmart or Target. Now I am going out to the car to play more Crushing Uncharted. Its 55 degrees. :)

Yeah, it's not too bad once you have upgraded most of your stuff. The survival ones you just want to keep moving and spam homing missles, drain neon, repeat to keep your multiplier up. The best tip for the rescue is that you can put the human in stasis, and it will prevent them from being hit while you take out the enemies. Just have to be careful not to do it if they can be knocked off of a platform/ledge.
I tried the stasis trick and it didn't work for me. Even just floating there the enemies would start shooting and would kill the hostage. That was the part I had the most trouble with. Eventually I just had my homing missiles upgraded as far as possible and would take them out using those.

Nope. I only buy the rare Amiibos to resell later--I've done so for 3 Marths and 2 Little Macs so far. I happened to find that image while navigating a different site for gaming news.
I now intend to do the same, got 2 Lucario's at TRU yesterday. Muhahahaha.

Just updated my digital backlog spreadsheet with recent splurges. Looking good and ridiculous.

PS3 - 129 games, 58 'started', 11 finished but keeping on the list for some reason or another

PS4 - 17 games, 4 'started', 1 finished

Vita - 73 games, 48 'started', 17 finished

Completed - 56 games

I think I'm skipping this week's sales, nothing is really speaking to me.
I don't know you you can start so many games and not finish them. I stopped doing it awhile back as I feel like I would never really finish anything. My finish doesn't mean platinum it just means finish the story though. I haven't even dropped a game in a long time after starting although Freedom Wars might be the one that breaks that streak for me. Not enjoying it yet...too talky for no reason.

I'm thinking Which Wich today.  It's double point Wednesdays (1 point per dollar spent) and you get a free small for every 75 points (or a discount on a bigger one).  So a free sandwich for every 37.50 spent isn't a bad deal.  

I thought about Magrunner but I really really really need to stop buying PS3 games (which I keep saying but haven't done). I'm also figuring since I haven't played Portal 2 yet it would be silly to buy a cheap Portal clone. 

Vig - You think Toon Link is rare or going to be rare (sold out online)? I've seen some popping up in stores lately. Wondering if I should hold a few. 

Thanks Vig, grabbed a $50 code for $40 cuz why not.  But really I had $1 in my Paypal from a prior tranascation and I was on the clock at work when I bought it and I earned ebay bucks so really I'm sure it only cost me like $7 for the $50 PSN card.  I'm such a great CAG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back