PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They said "new story missions, additional super-villains invading Gotham City, legendary Batmobile skins, advanced challenge maps, alternative character skins, and new drivable race tracks."

I mean, there's no multiplayer in the game so there's bound to be some campaign content.
YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH

I wish Naughty Dog was based in Atlanta. Since I have the next few days off, I would go there each day and kick whoever came up with the idea of these rescue arena challenges in the nether regions.

The survival ones are kind of fun. The rescue ones are fucking horrible. The score required along with trying to keep the idiot hostages alive is ridiculous.
Do you mean Sucker Punch? They're the Infamous developers, not Naughty Dog.

I think I was the rogue detractor on dead space 1. It's a beautiful, sparse game that nails the atmosphere perfectly, but it just did not keep my attention.

Remember when Superman destroyed the whole city in Man of Steel while trying to save it? At least the handful of reporters made it out of the rubble ok that were vital to the movie. Color version is better though.
That's one of the big things which always bothered me about that movie. In their melee (and in earlier fights too) Superman is not overly concerned about knocking buildings down no doubt killing thousands of people, yet
agonizes over killing Zod
it doesn't make any sense.

These, too?

Rogue Legacy

Spec Ops: The Line

Resogun

Dead Space 1
I haven't played the first two so they didn't stick in my mind, but I think you are right. Resogun for sure. I thought the Dead Space talk was more bitching about that asteroid shooting section that it being a great game.

They said "new story missions, additional super-villains invading Gotham City, legendary Batmobile skins, advanced challenge maps, alternative character skins, and new drivable race tracks."

I mean, there's no multiplayer in the game so there's bound to be some campaign content.
Translation: 1,500 extra riddler stuff and batshit insane challenges for bronzes.

Haha, NOPE WB.

I am trying to think of a list of games that seem to have almost all positive praise from those of us in the thread. I think Just Cause 2 would be at the top of the list. I think it barely edges out the Batman series. I would probably say South Park is next. The original Darksiders is another one I remember being praised quite a bit as well.
I thought the Darksiders was a bland rip-off numerous other games. Take it off the list! South Park, Batman, and Just Cause 2 definitely have my support, though.

Edit: Vig has a few more, but fuck Spec Ops.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I thought Darksiders was bla and never got very far.

I fuck ing loved Dead Space 1 and 2 though.  I didnt have that much trouble with the asteroids.  Cause I am great at games.

This has been a weird PS+ month, almost everything I read is saying that this month is awful and one of the worse months since the IGC started.

But both Tower of Guns and Aaru are pretty fun in their own unique ways. Tower of Guns maybe doesn't have enough unique content to justify playing for a long time, but I got 5-6 pretty fun hours out of it. Aaru is a fairly clever and cool looking platformer but it has a weird control scheme which I'm guessing none of the casuals can look past. 

Both have their drawbacks but I feel like both are pretty sweet games that are definitely worth a playthrough. So either I'm a complete indie apologist or people talking on the more mainstream sites like reddit are completely indie-averse and not even willing to give indie games a fair shake.

I really hope Sony doesn't ever cave into these bozos who would prefer old bad AAA titles over new unique indie games.

I haven't played the first two so they didn't stick in my mind, but I think you are right. Resogun for sure. I thought the Dead Space talk was more bitching about that asteroid shooting section that it being a great game.
Did you play Dead Space 1? I didn't think it was that bad but it was pretty annoying. Not even close to as bad as the shooting section (trophy) for Star Trek. fuck that game.

Spec Ops should definitely be up there as one of the must play shooters imo. I think it was Guardian Owl who posted a really good mini review over the game.

This has been a weird PS+ month, almost everything I read is saying that this month is awful and one of the worse months since the IGC started.

But both Tower of Guns and Aaru are pretty fun in their own unique ways. Tower of Guns maybe doesn't have enough unique content to justify playing for a long time, but I got 5-6 pretty fun hours out of it. Aaru is a fairly clever and cool looking platformer but it has a weird control scheme which I'm guessing none of the casuals can look past.

Both have their drawbacks but I feel like both are pretty sweet games that are definitely worth a playthrough. So either I'm a complete indie apologist or people talking on the more mainstream sites like reddit are completely indie-averse and not even willing to give indie games a fair shake.

I really hope Sony doesn't ever cave into these bozos who would prefer old bad AAA titles over new unique indie games.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's nice and all, but where's my IA review of Aaru?!

Darksiders 1 is awesome. There were very few Zelda-esque games on the PS3/360 at the time (there's still not a ton) so I don't have any issues with them borrowing rather liberally from Zelda.

Spec Ops is perfectly fine but definitely overhyped in this thread.

Spec Ops was pretty great. Probably wouldn't have ever played it if it wasn't for you guys. So thanks for that. Getting it free on PS Plus was cool too.

I'm playing South Park now +1. Batman of course +1.  I started Dead Space a long time ago and loved the atmosphere but never got very far...need to revisit. I wanted to love Darksiders but it felt fairly bland...maybe I'll give it another go at some point. I also still need to play Vanquish. Still need to play JC2. Backlog backlog backlog.  

Just Cause 3 looks boss. 

I could almost swear my doctor made a Seinfeld reference yesterday. He asked me if I peed a lot. I said I think I pee a normal amount, and he goes "OK. Nothing wrong with that." By the time I realized what had just happened, he was on to the next question.

Skip to about 20 seconds in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoINTDFosCY

Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's nice and all, but where's my IA review of Aaru?!
I should write one. Maybe I will do a PS+ month in review since I also played Never Alone, and then just write up a couple paragraphs on each.

Also I'm not done with Aaru yet, I think I have two more worlds to play. I just started it yesterday.

Spec ops was fun and the story was interesting, but yeah its overhyped by the hype machine that is Vig.

Vanquish is boss.  Loads of fun.  GET HYPED!

Did anyone not like Vanquish?
Seems like an awfully low sample size. Most of the people who played it apparently did not play it for very long either based on the friend leaderboard for the game on TT.

Did you play Dead Space 1? I didn't think it was that bad but it was pretty annoying. Not even close to as bad as the shooting section (trophy) for Star Trek. fuck that game.

Spec Ops should definitely be up there as one of the must play shooters imo. I think it was Guardian Owl who posted a really good mini review over the game.
I did play it. Ii didn't have to try but a few times for the asteroid thing. I have a copy of Star Trek I got from Gamefly for like $2. I am not sure if I will ever bother.

Seems like an awfully low sample size. Most of the people who played it apparently did not play it for very long either based on the friend leaderboard for the game on TT.

I did play it. Ii didn't have to try but a few times for the asteroid thing. I have a copy of Star Trek I got from Gamefly for like $2. I am not sure if I will ever bother.
Don't. It has some of the worst collectibles ever and that shooting section you have to get a certain percentage which is a real bitch to do. I still haven't finished it.

you can do it! try putting a one inch gash in your thigh with a kitchen knife right before you start, it really helps you stay focused.
Holy shit I think you just stumbled onto a new Geo Wars gameplay mode.

Cut your femoral artery and see if you can beat 10 million before you bleed out.

0 for 3 on my AA games here. But I did beat 5 that weren't adaptions so goal met. Probably going to finish up axiom verge before end of the month as well. Don't think I'll be able to finish wolfenstein in that time frame, I'm not enjoying it as much as I had hoped. 

Well, I still don't have my 10 million trophy and now I'm bleeding a heck of a lot. Thanks Pete!
tumblr_m1vnid9CL31qka5epo1_500.jpg

Got 4/4 done on AA, bonus game should be done by the end of the month as I need to replay one case for all possible endings and get the talk to dog in each case trophy for Crimes & Punishments.

I wish Naughty Dog Sucker Punch was based in Atlanta. Since I have the next few days off, I would go there each day and kick whoever came up with the idea of these rescue arena challenges in their nether regions.

The survival ones are kind of fun. The rescue ones are fucking horrible. The score required along with trying to keep the idiot hostages alive is ridiculous.
Thread bitching FTW!!!

I'm 0 for 4 in April. That's two 0 for 4 months in a row. I think I'm going to pass on May and just play whatever I end up playing. Screw it!
Why didn't you do that in both of those months too? I have just played what I wanted to play and put it on the SS after. The themes are cool and all, but gaming is a lot more fun when you are playing what you are in the mood to play.

Why didn't you do that in both of those months too? I have just played what I wanted to play and put it on the SS after. The themes are cool and all, but gaming is a lot more fun when you are playing what you are in the mood to play.
No, I mean I didn't finish any games at all. I play too slowly/don't have enough gaming time for this monthly thing and I tend to jump from game to game. Plus then there's games like Puyo Puyo Tetris where I have been playing it, but not the adventure mode since unlocking all the characters. I'll go back to the adventure mode at some point, but I don't know when.

Oh, and the pinball tournament. Or at least we had a pinball tournament at one point….

r.i.p. my third most valuable truetrophy, you're home free now
Although you do still have the godforsaken geom grind.
p.s. congrats man, I thought that trophy was tough as balls
It took me a long time. I was almost ready to rage, the run before that I had 9,898,445 and died and I was super pissed. But then I was like ok I was almost there, I have the knife, let me do this.

I still have to do the stay alive for 60 seconds in Deflector. I can make it up to about 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back