PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really, really is. The only technique that worked for me was repeatedly guarding and hitting Square/Box as soon as an enemy attacked to do the counter that hopefully knocks off most/all of the enemies at once. You need to stay in the middle of the platform because the game physics suddenly decided to treat Kratos like he's on an ice rink (he'll go sliding when hit).
I can't get the timing down for blocks on those hooved bastards for anything. The only thing I've found that works for me is spamming the shit out of L1+cross. I've seen the top of the finish platform so many times now, but I buckle under the pressure and either get knocked down or run out of health before it's close enough to make the jump.

Last edited by a moderator:
In other news, I hate the Blood-Starved Beast SO MUCH
Ah, he's one of the easier ones! Only bosses that irritate me are Blood Letting Beast and the chalice version of Paarl.

If you're really having trouble grab some Blood Cocktails. Throw them against a wall and he'll attack the wall for a few seconds giving you free shots. Toss every 3 swings or so and repeat.

Shovel Knight main campaign done. Probably go back for some new game plus action and to get the rest of the scrolls. fucking awesome game.

Done, finally. I've never broken a controller in my life, but a couple times I had to consciously stop myself as my arm was drawing back to slam it to the floor. The physics on that final challenge are rage-inducing.

Xoo3uOR.gif

ughhhhhhhhhh finallllllyyyyyyy

Some stats:

Story mode: 01:19

Test Your Luck: 00:03

Towers (offline) 05:38 (51 living towers completed)

Towers (online) (time not displayed) (14 towers completed)

Player vs Player (offline): 01:24 (228 matches)

Kustom Kombat (offline): (time not displayed) (1058 matches, best guess 08:20) - that's the big xp grinder

Online time played: 04:15 (243 matches - take away the boosting and my actual record was around 27/16)

Total time actually played (not dicking around trying to find online matches, putzing around in the krypt or waiting for turns and whatnot): 22 hours

Total time dicking around trying to find online matches that aren't a mess and other stuff: 40000012941294 hours

tl;dr - if you're somehow super efficient, organized and have good boosting pals you could probably polish the plat off in 20-25 hours assuming you can actually play (otherwise getting the 10 ranked in a row will be tough). Realistically it's probably more like 40-50 hours.

And yeah, boosting with strangers. fuck. that. noise. fucking seriously.

(edit - weird website I'm using with hearts effect keeps shrinking my awesome image!)
Plat MK9 bro

Was bored and felt like going through 2k14's platters. Here's a funny one:

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2153-NBA-2K14/Killer_jiji

Wonder how many more people have hacked their 2k14 trophies.

These dudes hacked the another day, another win trophy:

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2153-NBA-2K14/fra-dondi-92x

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2153-NBA-2K14/Yukeio

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2153-NBA-2K14/Meosiro

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2153-NBA-2K14/Moechiro

Yeah, I'm salty. I want a sub .10% PSN trophy!

Anyone else disappointed by HBO Now? Seems like the codec they use is sub-par and chugs a lot. Plus, to be honest, the amount of original content offered by HBO is underwhelming.

Ah, he's one of the easier ones! Only bosses that irritate me are Blood Letting Beast and the chalice version of Paarl.

If you're really having trouble grab some Blood Cocktails. Throw them against a wall and he'll attack the wall for a few seconds giving you free shots. Toss every 3 swings or so and repeat.
:cry:

IT'S HEEEEEEERE :whee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR4EBYeh8BQ

Also:

https://twitter.com/AvalancheSweden/status/592982277996576768

Square-Enix is going to release an update for the FFXV demo in mid-to-late May: http://gearnuke.com/final-fantasy-xv-episode-duscae-version-2-0-announced-will-feature-improved-combat/

- AXB enhancements
- Improved camera and targetting system
- additional combat actions and overall rebalancing, more joint attacks
- combat tweaks like MP usage, etc. more range of action for each weapon
- add dodge rolls
I'm impressed. I really enjoyed the demo as it was, and these sound like cool improvements (especially dodge rolls).

IT'S HEEEEEEERE :whee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR4EBYeh8BQ

Also:

https://twitter.com/AvalancheSweden/status/592982277996576768
Um, yeah. fuck Mad Max. Mad Max may as well be a pile of dog shit. I want this game now dammit!

At least it looks like Mad Max will come out plenty before this game. Mad Max is scheduled for Sept 1 and I bet this game will be just before Thanksgiving or early December.

should I just go in on just cause 3 day one and skip 2? Do you folks that know think there will be any big differences between the two? I'm taking mkx back to where it belongs today and I'm sure I have enough credit to give jc3 the ol preorder treatment. What say ye?

should I just go in on just cause 3 day one and skip 2? Do you folks that know think there will be any big differences between the two? I'm taking mkx back to where it belongs today and I'm sure I have enough credit to give jc3 the ol preorder treatment. What say ye?
Get Just Cause 3 day-one (preorder it) but go for the plat in JC2. IT MUST NOT BE SKIPPED

It would be great if you played 2, but if you dont already have it in your posession I am sure you have a ton of other shit to play. So just wait for 3. But if you ever find it cheap and are bored. Play the shit out of it. So much fun.

It's really that good? Actually?
Look, Vig is over exuberant like always, but it really is the most fun game I have ever played. So much to do with the hook and parachute. And so much fun just traveling the world with it. All kinds of Easter eggs and secrets too.

I wouldn't get too discouraged. Blood starved beast was one of the harder bosses for me even though he was presumably one of the easiest. The posioning was hella annoying and he felt like he had one of the longer treks back after dying. I suspect I just wasn't leveled high enough when I faced him. But then I ended up being pretty over leveled for some of the later bosses that were supposedly much harder.

It's really that good? Actually?
Best open world game I have played, and I have played more than a few.

The story is a joke, but you shouldn't care. The gameplay is so much fun you do not give a damn about the story.

ETA: It is also a very long grind to the plat, so you should love it.

Anyone else disappointed by HBO Now? Seems like the codec they use is sub-par and chugs a lot. Plus, to be honest, the amount of original content offered by HBO is underwhelming.
I have not had issues with HBO Now myself. I can understand anyone having issues in general with a streaming service, though.

To call the amount of original content from HBO underwhelming is shocking. Yes they do not constantly crank out multiple new shows every fall, but they have series starting all year when the other is over and not just in the fall. Plus, they actually put out interesting shows and not just stuff that caters to the lowest common denominator. Id rather have quality over quantity.

I used hbo go last night on the ps4 as I had started GOT sn5 ep 2 on my tablet in bed the night before on hbo go and didnt want to have to get it to where I was on my dvr, the quality was not that great. Went from really clear to blurry a few times. I blame it on hbo now people, as before when I used it on my chromecast it worked great and was always really clear.

Definitely wasnt my internet, 100mb fiber and it was maxing out on speedtest.

Best open world game I have played, and I have played more than a few.

The story is a joke, but you shouldn't care. The gameplay is so much fun you do not give a damn about the story.

ETA: It is also a very long grind to the plat, so you should love it.
I'll definitely take a look then. Maybe I can figure out a non plat roadmap where I can still find fun trophy stuff to do but not get caught in the grinder.

I'll definitely take a look then. Maybe I can figure out a non plat roadmap where I can still find fun trophy stuff to do but not get caught in the grinder.
JC2 is the most fun grind I have ever done. Yeah it took about 70 hours but that 70 hours was full of blowing shit up and constantly flying around with the hook and chute.

JC2 is the most fun grind I have ever done. Yeah it took about 70 hours but that 70 hours was full of blowing shit up and constantly flying around with the hook and chute.
This is how you guys sucked vig in to this, I remember now!

It's on deck. I need to finish batman first and then I'll dive in.

You'll have a ton of fun playing it and you'll get a lot of trophies. The one for 75% completion is the one that is a long grind. The rest, from what I recall, were not too bad.

I really liked the "story" in JC2 as well.  It was perfectly bad.  The stiff animations and stiff voice acting worked perfectly into the absurdeness of the game.  I hope JC3 is similar.

I have to play Just Cause 2. 

Remember when Superman destroyed the whole city in Man of Steel while trying to save it? At least the handful of reporters made it out of the rubble ok that were vital to the movie. Color version is better though. 

I don't have Golds...I should have gotten them at Target for $40 when I posted it back then. The PS3 ones still work fine though. 

Is it not Friday yet?

I am trying to think of a list of games that seem to have almost all positive praise from those of us in the thread.  I think Just Cause 2 would be at the top of the list.  I think it barely edges out the Batman series.  I would probably say South Park is next.  The original Darksiders is another one I remember being praised quite a bit as well.

Yuck--at least there isn't any (confirmed) additional story content. Rocksteady is awesome so I'll still play Arkham Knight day-one, but my gosh is WB Games being greedy.
They said "new story missions, additional super-villains invading Gotham City, legendary Batmobile skins, advanced challenge maps, alternative character skins, and new drivable race tracks."

I mean, there's no multiplayer in the game so there's bound to be some campaign content.

I am trying to think of a list of games that seem to have almost all positive praise from those of us in the thread. I think Just Cause 2 would be at the top of the list. I think it barely edges out the Batman series. I would probably say South Park is next. The original Darksiders is another one I remember being praised quite a bit as well.
These, too?

Rogue Legacy

Spec Ops: The Line

Resogun

Dead Space 1

I wish Naughty Dog Sucker Punch was based in Atlanta.  Since I have the next few days off, I would go there each day and kick whoever came up with the idea of these rescue arena challenges in their nether regions.

The survival ones are kind of fun.  The rescue ones are fucking horrible.  The score required along with trying to keep the idiot hostages alive is ridiculous.  

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back