PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I make the deadline, Zimm?

0bVLd1H.jpg
Well I was only off by 10 million in my prediction of your score tonight. Thanks for leaving me enough time to topple it this week at least instead of those last minute shenanigans you pulled last week.

Kick & Fennick is not a bad game at all, indeed really pretty good, but chapter 3 is a big jump in difficulty and it hurts when you run out of regens and have to start a level over. It's definitely worth playing in any case.

Chewy, I'm using Sling through the Amazon Fire Stick. No issues and the interface is better with a remote control versus using it on a PC with a mouse.
For me it's not great on Fire Stick. Not really HD and it can't keep up with fast motion. I don't see that problem when playing on my iPhone so I think it's the fire stick.

Uncharted 2 story has been completed in Hard difficulty.

I like all the different places and settings here, even if the main baddy felt a little generic.

Three out of four 4forFeb games done.

Picking up inFamous 2 somewhere in the middle tomorrow. No clue how far I am there. I think I have two islands unlocked. And I have ice?

Last edited by a moderator:
Kick & Fennick is not a bad game at all, indeed really pretty good, but chapter 3 is a big jump in difficulty and it hurts when you run out of regens and have to start a level over. It's definitely worth playing in any case.
Make sure you occasionally upload your save file to the PS+ cloud--there's apparently a save file corruption bug.

They're kind of stuck having to do their own thing, since that fat turd will probably croak before even his next book comes out, let alone the last one.
That has absolutely nothing to do with the difference between having a planned storyline and ending versus stretching the story out and throwing shit in there as long as the ratings are staying high. They're going with the latter, from what was said.

Uncharted 2 story has been completed in Hard difficulty. I like all the different places and settings here, even if the main baddy felt a little generic. Three out of four 4forFeb games done. Picking up inFamous 2 somewhere in the middle tomorrow. No clue how far I am there. I think I have two islands unlocked. And I have ice?
If you're just rushing through the Infamous 2 story then you only have 3-4 hours to the end, from what I recall. Assuming you just got to the 2nd island and aren't already partway through that chunk of the story.

KH 3D: Dream Drop Distance ain't too bad. The flowmotion makes the combat pretty fun and there's a pretty good variety of companion spirits you can fight and link with. The story seems to alternate between playing as Sora and Riku so I'm guessing you'll run through a lot of the same areas while playing, but at least there are some new worlds I haven't seen in the other games. I've got a few weeks to run through this and Bravely Default.

Anyone here having any difficulties with their PS4 connecting to the internet/PSN?

Mine won't connect to PSN due to it wanting to download software update 2.04. But the update fails partway through. Searching Google has found nothing, except for "Next firmware update in January or February"

Edit: Yup, update 2.04 is currently fucked.

[quote name="TheCro" post="12508316" timestamp="1424156912"]KH 3D: Dream Drop Distance ain't too bad. The flowmotion makes the combat pretty fun and there's a pretty good variety of companion spirits you can fight and link with. The story seems to alternate between playing as Sora and Riku so I'm guessing you'll run through a lot of the same areas while playing, but at least there are some new worlds I haven't seen in the other games. I've got a few weeks to run through this and Bravely Default.[/quote]

I just got a 2DS for my kid, so I'm thinking about playing KH 3D on it instead of holding out hope that it gets released on PS3 or something. I'll wait a little longer since I still need to get 2.5 HD first though.

If you're just rushing through the Infamous 2 story then you only have 3-4 hours to the end, from what I recall. Assuming you just got to the 2nd island and aren't already partway through that chunk of the story.
According to my save data file, I'm in mission/chapter/section 24 The Dunbar Beam with a completion percentage of 43%. Last played in March 1st, 2014 at 2 am. I'm sure I'll remember all the controls and various whatnot going on perfectly...

One crappy boss battle away from finishing Amy. They must've patched the crap out of the fifth chapter because it was obscenely easy, easiest one by far (only died 10 or so times instead of the usual 60+). And there were checkpoints every 10 steps, almost like a giant middle finger to all the complainers.

Expecting my second MM LE today. Was scoping out the current Amazon prices (took a dive, BTW) and noticed this:

dy9mpd.jpg

I'm surprised he could muster a full sentence without any weird grammar. Still no punctuation.

Expecting my second MM LE today. Was scoping out the current Amazon prices (took a dive, BTW) and noticed this:

dy9mpd.jpg

I'm surprised he could muster a full sentence without any weird grammar. Still no punctuation.
Yeah, my second one is coming in today too. probably gonna leave it sealed At this point and see if the value goes back up.

Post from AshtonReeves over in the GS thread:

Don't care if The Order: 1886 is 5 hours or 10 hours. I bought the collectors edition on amazon just to support the game. I want to play a good 6-10 hour solid single player game than playing a long boring game.

I know of a friend who's working at a gamestore locally. he said it took 9-10 hours for him and his colleagues to beat it on normal. 12+ hours on hard for some. their store average is 10+ hours.

Yeah I think most people only care if that 5-15 hours is fun or not.  I said this before but Uncharted never had the best gunplay in the world yet it was still really fun to play through all 4 games.  If the story is engaging The Order will be fun too.

Besides, it cant be long or I wont finish it and First Light in time for 4forFeb! 

#dammitCleaner!

Working from home due to the rain that likely turned to ice over night.  For some reason, it appears my PC in the office is down.  That makes working from home just dealing with emails for now.  Sounds like I might be working on Lego Hobbit in between emails.

It's really weird seeing all the other parts of the country getting hit by these big snow/ice storms and we haven't really had one giant snow all season.  A few where we'd get an inch or two, but nothing like what Boston is getting.  That's usually us.  It's cold as all fuck here today (-20 windchill), but i'd much rather have that then snow all over the damn place.

I also most likely just jinxed the bejesus out of us, so sorry midwesterners!

The one downside of having a job where it is easy to work from home is i don't get snow days. Small price to pay for getting to work from home 2 days out of the week. My kid's daycare is closed today, though, which makes actually getting any work done tricky.

oh wow it just occurred to me that we'll probably get to see more about the ps4 hot shots golf game at e3. that's more exciting than the last guardian any day of the week.

Yeah I think most people only care if that 5-15 hours is fun or not. I said this before but Uncharted never had the best gunplay in the world yet it was still really fun to play through all 4 games. If the story is engaging The Order will be fun too.

Besides, it cant be long or I wont finish it and First Light in time for 4forFeb!

#dammitCleaner!
I have always made that argument, especially with films. A lot of movies feel pressure to be a certain number of minutes so moviegoers feel they got their money worth, but would be much better with a tighter focus on what they intended the story to be. My value has always been determined by the quality of the material rather than the timesink it is. Same reason why I never got into MMOs really

I'm pretty sure the Last Guardian actually getting released is about as likely as you know who getting laid brah
__You_Know_Who______by_majah.jpg

I have always made that argument, especially with films. A lot of movies feel pressure to be a certain number of minutes so moviegoers feel they got their money worth, but would be much better with a tighter focus on what they intended the story to be. My value has always been determined by the quality of the material rather than the timesink it is. Same reason why I never got into MMOs really
I actually have no problem with the gameplay aspect of MMOs. The problem I have is that they don't have a real story or ending. It never feels like there's a point to playing since there's no real sense of progression aside from leveling up.

It's really weird seeing all the other parts of the country getting hit by these big snow/ice storms and we haven't really had one giant snow all season. A few where we'd get an inch or two, but nothing like what Boston is getting. That's usually us. It's cold as all fuck here today (-20 windchill), but i'd much rather have that then snow all over the damn place.

I also most likely just jinxed the bejesus out of us, so sorry midwesterners!
Did you guys not get that foot we got a few weeks ago? Then another few inches 2 days later for an extra slap in the face. Unfortunately my work will never have a snowday.
#sofuckyoupharm

Did you guys not get that foot we got a few weeks ago? Then another few inches 2 days later for an extra slap in the face. Unfortunately my work will never have a snowday.
#sofuckyoupharm
No we never got hit by that besides a light dusting. We had a couple of minor snows the last couple Tuesdays to make the fuckbois drive like fuckbois, but nothing too bad. I'm scared of when it all unleashes and drops 3 feet at once to make up for lost time.

Surprise, surprise--Sony failing to renew the trademark for The Last Guardian was "an administrative error" and it's still in development: http://www.destructoid.com/last-guardian-still-in-development-despite-trademark-abandonment-287778.phtml
If true then someone probably thought the game needed more pub to stay in the public conciousness. That clerical "error" keeps the game alive in the hearts and minds.

Personally I hope the game never comes out because if it does it could never live up to the hype. And ICO was not nearly as good as I remembered it.

If true then someone probably thought the game needed more pub to stay in the public conciousness. That clerical "error" keeps the game alive in the hearts and minds.

Personally I hope the game never comes out because if it does it could never live up to the hype. And ICO was not nearly as good as I remembered it.
SbllUfa.jpg.gif

I just noticed in pharm's trophy card that Uncharged GA uses the exact same trophy images as Uncharted 2 for beating the game at the various difficulties, save for the trophy type color.  What a bunch of copying copiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back