PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
fuck you amazon, wanting me to verify my credit card for a beta code... I ain't got time for that shit.

Seriously, I'm too lazy to dig that card out... really not even sure which card it wants. If you guys start raving about the beta then maybe I'll feel compelled to put a little more effort into it, but for now... fuck it.

edit: The beta is getting blasted in the deals thread; all kinds of matchmaking issues and the people that are getting in say it's doody.... my credit card will remain buried.
Heh, "doody"...

#Iam12

#happyfriday

I have never seen such a small quantity of actual gameplay. Also, I think tony hawk might be getting old.

Edit - sweet, ac syndicate trophies. SO MUCH COLLECTIBLES AND GRINDY SOUNDING TROPHIES MY BODY IS NOT YET READY

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't recall seeing anything about this being on Vita before, but it seems to be getting a port.

https://twitter.com/DigeratiDM/status/647154690795421696

Here's the PC release trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9KXVjUqQU8

Started and finished brothers. I imagine everyone here has already played it. I thought it was cool, I didn't know anything about it going in and it wasn't nearly as mundane as I expected.

#Library100%s

Started and finished brothers. I imagine everyone here has already played it. I thought it was cool, I didn't know anything about it going in and it wasn't nearly as mundane as I expected.

#Library100%s
I also didn't know anything about it aside from the two-stick control scheme and I was similarly impressed by it on PS3. I'll probably 100% my library's PS4 copy over the weekend once I plat Until Dawn.

I finally have a chance to get to a Gamestop later today, so I plan on picking up some games through the 4-for-$20:

KZ: SF

Lollipop Chainsaw

Resistance 3

Bound by Flame (PS3)

I haven't found anything worthwhile through the B2G1.

Very little gameplay in that Tony Hawk video. The skater weirdly doesn't seem to fit in correctly with the game, kinda like those old games where they did live actor capture and overlayed the person on the video game (Tex Murphy and such.) Dunno. Video didn't do much for me, but I'm still hoping the game turns out well on its upcoming release.

I also just realized there's no Tony Hawk on Vita, not even for PS1 or PSP classics. Too bad, that. 

This multiplayer mode in Ass Creed Liberations is weird.  I don't think I get it.  Is it just saying yes attack this dot with this person and then waiting?  Am I playing Risk?

I finally have a chance to get to a Gamestop later today, so I plan on picking up some games through the 4-for-$20:

KZ: SF

Lollipop Chainsaw

Resistance 3

Bound by Flame (PS3)

I haven't found anything worthwhile through the B2G1.
It doesnt look like you have found anything worthwhile in the 4 for $20.

This multiplayer mode in Ass Creed Liberations is weird. I don't think I get it. Is it just saying yes attack this dot with this person and then waiting? Am I playing Risk?
That messed up MP is why most prefer the digital PS3 version. If it is like other trading sections in AC games, it probably is pretty similar to Risk.

Nathan-Fillion-reaction-gif.gif

I can't speak for the PS3 version since I played it on PS4, but BbF is definitely worth at least $5. Pretty sure Vig will like it, too, based on him liking Dark Souls and such.

So is it confirmed the 4 for $20 doesn't stack in any way with the B2G1?

Zimm, I got every trophy in AC:Lib but the MP ones. The MP component just seems terrible.

Oddly enough there are 45 trophies for the Vita version and only 31 for PS3. The reason this is odd is because there are only 3 MP trophies. I wonder why they removed the other 11.  :whistle2:k

Zimm, I got every trophy in AC:Lib but the MP ones. The MP component just seems terrible.

Oddly enough there are 45 trophies for the Vita version and only 31 for PS3. The reason this is odd is because there are only 3 MP trophies. I wonder why they removed the other 11. :whistle2:k
I wouldn't call it terrible so much as pointless. I mean it's just clicking a dot every few minutes. Unless I'm missing some giant strategy element.

Well I got over half way through Until Dawn. Right after what I am assuming is a save point the screen went black. My PS4 then died when I tried to close the application. Start it back up and I get the "Recovering partial data" nonsense that based on Google searches is not a good thing.

I really hope I do not have to start over.
Good news, I didn't have to start over. Bad news, there is at least one collectible that did not register for me. I noticed it did not and I picked it up about 10 times and turned it over. Still nothing. I even rebooted the PS4 since I knew I was at a checkpoint. Trying again after that and it still wouldn't register. Hopefully chapter select at the end fixes it.

I then noticed there was another one missing in my list. After looking it up I know I picked it up too. I know I read the back, but I just did it once since I didn't pay attention to it not registering. I am hoping both with unlock later.

The story is just OK to me. Maybe the ending will change my mind, but so far I prefer the story in Heavy Rain since it did not go down the fantasy road.

It would be pretty difficult to have MP trophies in a SP-only game.
Great. I had no idea it was a SP only game. Thats surprising actually but makes me happy. I dont read much about upcoming games. Most of my game news comes from you guys now. I skim through nearly all the game release related posts since they relate to games that I have no interest in or may tell me more about a game than I want to know ahead of time.

edit: The beta is getting blasted in the deals thread; all kinds of matchmaking issues and the people that are getting in say it's doody.... my credit card will remain buried.
I had a lot of fun with it last night. Didn't have too many problems with matchmaking personally other than a few long connection screens that you could just back out of and usually you could find a full lobby pretty quick afterward. Only one disconnect here, but I think Derek and Cro might have had a couple where they got completely booted from the game?

Only one weird bug on my end where during the intel gathering part at the beginning of a match I loaded into no mans land (everything was reddish brown and there were clear horizon lines and a moon only. no character model, not even basic building models, and no movement allowed.) but once the game booted everyone out of RC cars and back into fps mode, my game loaded back up with everything else.

Deals forum is probably all mad 'cause they suck.

I can't speak for the PS3 version since I played it on PS4, but BbF is definitely worth at least $5. Pretty sure Vig will like it, too, based on him liking Dark Souls and such.

So is it confirmed the 4 for $20 doesn't stack in any way with the B2G1?
BbF is pretty much the only game in the promo that interests me; the other three I mentioned are mainly to satisfy the 4-game requirement, plus I don't own any of them. I'm considering swapping KZ: SF for the PS3 version of Murdered: SS, though that would just be to get the trophies and plat since I already finished the PS4 version.

Well I got over half way through Until Dawn. Right after what I am assuming is a save point the screen went black. My PS4 then died when I tried to close the application. Start it back up and I get the "Recovering partial data" nonsense that based on Google searches is not a good thing.

I really hope I do not have to start over.
I played it last week or week before. Once through. I have a RedBox code for a free game tonight. Might try to get through a second playthrough and work towards some more of the trophies I missed. Not sure I will have the time though before Saturday night.

Good news, I didn't have to start over. Bad news, there is at least one collectible that did not register for me. I noticed it did not and I picked it up about 10 times and turned it over. Still nothing. I even rebooted the PS4 since I knew I was at a checkpoint. Trying again after that and it still wouldn't register. Hopefully chapter select at the end fixes it.

I then noticed there was another one missing in my list. After looking it up I know I picked it up too. I know I read the back, but I just did it once since I didn't pay attention to it not registering. I am hoping both with unlock later.

The story is just OK to me. Maybe the ending will change my mind, but so far I prefer the story in Heavy Rain since it did not go down the fantasy road.
I thought the story in Until Dawn--though heavily reliant on the supernatural stuff--was superior to Heavy Rain's if only because it didn't seem to have any plot holes, unlike the latter with
Ethan's Origami Killer dreams that aren't explained, Shelby being able to kill the clock-store owner in seconds without the player noticing anything wrong, Shelby's "reasoning" for having to kill Ethan at the end, etc.

I also felt much more tension during Until Dawn compared to Heavy Rain and thought the developers captured the 80s-teen-horror-flick feel perfectly.

I gave up on the AC series after the atrocious ending to 3. I'm one of those weirdos who got into the series because of the conspiracy-laden historical revisionism/fiction.
The present day story was relevant in pretty much only the first game and then they just stopped trying that hard in subsequent sequels to the point that I don't even pay attention to the out-of-animus story anymore.

BbF is pretty much the only game in the promo that interests me; the other three I mentioned are mainly to satisfy the 4-game requirement, plus I don't own any of them. I'm considering swapping KZ: SF for the PS3 version of Murdered: SS, though that would just be to get the trophies and plat since I already finished the PS4 version.
Id be swapping out Lollipop Chainsaw. It was fun for the first 5 minutes. Then it was more of the same corny jokes and shitty gameplay for about 15-20 hours to get the plat. Murdered is not a great game, but playing that again would be better than suffering through Lollipop, IMO.

The present day story was relevant in pretty much only the first game and then they just stopped trying that hard in subsequent sequels to the point that I don't even pay attention to the out-of-animus story anymore.
Yeah, I wanted Desmond to die in a fire. I couldnt care less about the present day after AC2. I like to think I am the person I am playing and not in that stupid animus.

Id be swapping out Lollipop Chainsaw. It was fun for the first 5 minutes. Then it was more of the same corny jokes and shitty gameplay for about 15-20 hours to get the plat. Murdered is not a great game, but playing that again would be better than suffering through Lollipop, IMO.
Good point. I did one playthrough on 360 years ago before trading that copy in somewhere, but after thinking about it, I could live without playing it again.

I thought the story in Until Dawn--though heavily reliant on the supernatural stuff--was superior to Heavy Rain's if only because it didn't seem to have any plot holes, unlike the latter with
Ethan's Origami Killer dreams that aren't explained, Shelby being able to kill the clock-store owner in seconds without the player noticing anything wrong, Shelby's "reasoning" for having to kill Ethan at the end, etc.

I also felt much more tension during Until Dawn compared to Heavy Rain and thought the developers captured the 80s-teen-horror-flick feel perfectly.
I am not one to let minor plot holes make me enjoy a story less. I do not need everything wrapped up with a tiny little bow. Id prefer a story that could happen with couple plot holes over some unexpected nonsensical story lines personally, but I can see the opposite side.

Of course it had more tension. Even though Heavy Rain was dramatic, it isn't survival horror.

I am not one to let minor plot holes make me enjoy a story less. I do not need everything wrapped up with a tiny little bow. Id prefer a story that could happen with couple plot holes over some unexpected nonsensical story lines personally, but I can see the opposite side.

Of course it had more tension. Even though Heavy Rain was dramatic, it isn't survival horror.
How about the terrible writing and acting throughout Heavy Rain? Until Dawn is surprisingly solid in both respects. I also prefer how they did the QTEs. There aren't a ton of them and they don't try and make you do finger gymnastics or pound the same button over and over. The "Don't move" QTE Until Dawn uses is kind of perfect for this type of game. I thought it was a little dumb at first, but they use it to good effect towards the end.

The Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection is a good filler slot too as it's only available on disc, has a lot of good games (Ecco, Sonic, Shining Forces, Phantasy Stars, etc) , and is a pretty easy plat.

I was bad at Gun Slugs and I suck at Heroes of Loot too. Not sure how I'm ever going to make it to level 30. I'm not getting even close. Fun games, but I'm not very good at them.

How about the terrible writing and acting throughout Heavy Rain? Until Dawn is surprisingly solid in both respects. I also prefer how they did the QTEs. There aren't a ton of them and they don't try and make you do finger gymnastics or pound the same button over and over. The "Don't move" QTE Until Dawn uses is kind of perfect for this type of game. I thought it was a little dumb at first, but they use it to good effect towards the end.
I completely agree about the acting and the QTEs. Both are absolutely better in Until Dawn. As far as the writing, I really only care about the overall plot instead of the minutia of every little line.

ETA: Realize I am not saying Until Dawn is bad. I just prefer Heavy Rain's story personally. Maybe I would have felt differently if I knew going in it was not reality based. I had not read or watched anything about the game so the fantasy angle was out of the blue for me. I don't dislike fantasy stories, but I don't want to be caught by surprise by them.

I don't recall seeing anything about this being on Vita before, but it seems to be getting a port.

https://twitter.com/DigeratiDM/status/647154690795421696

Here's the PC release trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9KXVjUqQU8
I don't like 1st person games or minecraft graphics but that actually looks pretty badass to me.

Do any of you have recommendations for a good, reliable, and inexpensive Blu-ray player? My current one (a gift from a relative years ago when Blu-ray was a relatively new concept) is on its last legs and I want to replace it. I suspect Sony is the way to go and that Black Friday will likely produce the best deals (whether at Amazon or Best Buy), but I'd appreciate opinions on specific models or brands to consider.

I liked Heavy Rain a lot. I didn't do multiple playthroughs though or really pick it apart. Just kind of went with it. 

I finished all the side ops up until Mission 7 on MGS5. The game sure is addictive. I love failing a mission hard twice and then nailing it the 3rd time in like 5 mins or less. It's happened to me a few times already. I really wish I had an extra day off to take and just play. I will hopefully get in some more over the weekend though. 

Do any of you have recommendations for a good, reliable, and inexpensive Blu-ray player? My current one (a gift from a relative years ago when Blu-ray was a relatively new concept) is on its last legs and I want to replace it. I suspect Sony is the way to go and that Black Friday will likely produce the best deals (whether at Amazon or Best Buy), but I'd appreciate opinions on specific models or brands to consider.
We have a Samsung (I think) that isn't fancy but it gets the job done and has Netflix, etc built in. Good ones were like $40 last BF so if you can just wait till around then.

PS3 or PS4? Don't want to burn those out? It amazes me people still use physical media. I get the collection aspect which is cool. It's just my wife and I used to buy each other DVDs and then realized most were still sealed and we never really watched them. Swore off buying them after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back