PSNOT 3.0 - Let's Talk About University of Kentucky, Baby!

Its like this everywhere. My super walmart and super target are within 2 miles of each other and its the exact same way. I would say they are both in the same "neighborhood" and yet they draw completely different classes of people and are managed completely different too.

Its literally...Night and Day.... #racist
I think our Target and Walmart are about 8 miles apart. Same here as well. Although the Target at the mall is a crappy Target compared to the one near my parents. Still better experience then dealing with Walmart most of the time. Rather pay a bit more and deal with Target or Amazon then Walmart. We got a great deal on Sams Club about this time last year. Hated dealing with the parking lot / traffic and clientele there though. So not going to bother to renew. I think we went like 4 times over the year.

Doubt GTA V will be cheap enough for me to buy. Probably pick up a Lego game to play on my Vita though if something is cheap enough.
GTA V will be not be lower than 35, so prolly not.

Id get it for 20 or less.

For clancy, the division is considered clancy right? That'lly be on sale for say 48 or more. That r6 siege or whatever will be 35+ most likely but could see it being 29.99 maybe with plus or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think our Target and Walmart are about 8 miles apart. Same here as well. Although the Target at the mall is a crappy Target compared to the one near my parents. Still better experience then dealing with Walmart most of the time. Rather pay a bit more and deal with Target or Amazon then Walmart. We got a great deal on Sams Club about this time last year. Hated dealing with the parking lot / traffic and clientele there though. So not going to bother to renew. I think we went like 4 times over the year.
The Sams Club here does not seem anything like a Wal-Mart. We go there all the time. Pretty much once a week it seems. Well... it does feel like a Wal-Mart in one way. The almost always backed up check-out lines reminds you of Wal-Mart.

It takes a crazy price mistake deal or occasionally on Black Friday (and I usually just put an order in with a friend's wife for that) to get me in there these days. My wife goes probably once a month to pick up household type things.

Yeah Sams Club is a glorified Walmart.  The lines to get gas at the one near us can be INSANE.  The inside checkout lines are always long too from what I remember.

Gator/avenged, I'll get bubble mailers if you wanted to pay for them, or else just envelope, up to you guys..I'll just get some from the other walmart down the road, and check for more cards lol

The Sams Club here does not seem anything like a Wal-Mart. We go there all the time. Pretty much once a week it seems. Well... it does feel like a Wal-Mart in one way. The almost always backed up check-out lines reminds you of Wal-Mart.

It takes a crazy price mistake deal or occasionally on Black Friday (and I usually just put an order in with a friend's wife for that) to get me in there these days. My wife goes probably once a month to pick up household type things.
Yea my wife makes me go to walmart, otherwise id never go.

We have a sams club membership but hardly ever go, only one kinda near us is in a bad area. Its free through her work though.

Gator/avenged, I'll get bubble mailers if you wanted to pay for them, or else just envelope, up to you guys..I'll just get some from the other walmart down the road, and check for more cards lol
If you manage to find a 32gb, id buy it from you and throw in a free 16gb card back to you as well.

They announced a concert coming to town in October called "I Love the 90s" and is gonna feature Vanilla Ice, Salt-N-Pepa, Coolio, Kid ‘n Play, Rob Base, and Young MC.

On a scale of 1 to shut the fuck up, how sad is it that I'm all fired up for this?

#facebook

#boredatwork

They announced a concert coming to town in October called "I Love the 90s" and is gonna feature Vanilla Ice, Salt-N-Pepa, Coolio, Kid ‘n Play, Rob Base, and Young MC.

On a scale of 1 to shut the fuck up, how sad is it that I'm all fired up for this?

#facebook

#boredatwork
They had something similar to this come here last October. It was an "Old School Boo Bash". We almost went. Think it was a similar line up, substituting Sir Mix a Lot for Vanilla Ice.

#makesmefeelold

I'll really feel old when we go see Macklemore and Ryan Lewis in May.

To pile on the Wal-Mart hate, apparently they are selling t-shirts for the University of Maryland that say Terps in the state outline.  It's just too bad the state on the shirt is actually Massachusetts...

r4uwac9du7nbeh6w3sgz.jpg

Wal-Mart's twitter tried to explain it away by saying the two are very similarly shaped.  Which yes kinda sorta if you're stretching, but no.

https://twitter.com/Samficco/status/715280028519501824

#bored

I've never understood why Costco here is so unbelievably popular and Sam's Club isn't. They're right across the street from each other and Costco usually has 3x or 4x more people in it on any given day. Prices are pretty damn comparable (Costco does have a much bigger fresh food section) so I just go to Sams Club and avoid the crowds.

Happy to see the difficulty trophies stack. That's always nice.
Yeah it saves a boring playthrough on Easy at least. I wouldn't recommend starting on hard first, especially since there are lots of upgrades and picking up a bunch of those on your normal playthrough will make the hard playthrough much more tolerable.

I've never understood why Costco here is so unbelievably popular and Sam's Club isn't. They're right across the street from each other and Costco usually has 3x or 4x more people in it on any given day. Prices are pretty damn comparable (Costco does have a much bigger fresh food section) so I just go to Sams Club and avoid the crowds.
I would guess, cause Wal-Mart

Costco treats its employees well, for one thing. The interior of the ones I've been to is noticeably nicer and they're much better about staffing and letting people check out quickly.

Sage, Chik-Fil-A is giving away free sandwiches if you wear any Indians gear to one of their stores on April 14.

CfNRvrOUIAEhC7F.jpg
Awesome, might have to try and take a late lunch that day. Or no lunch and just leave early. Closest chickfila is about halfway between work and home anyway.

Wow, I'm glad my find is helping out so many of my fellow cags.

Crazy I would take the other if it's still available, not sure if you were getting one for yourself or not.
If you want the spare 8gb I grabbed I'll let you have it. You helped me out back on that JL Gods & Monsters Steelbook, figure I could return the favor. The package is a little beat though.

Costco treats its employees well, for one thing. The interior of the ones I've been to is noticeably nicer and they're much better about staffing and letting people check out quickly.
Checking out takes much longer at my Costco because of the crowds. Also Sams has self-checkout which is the greatest invention ever. Costco supposedly is great to their employees but still don't see why that makes them 4x as good as Sams. Costco does have better food tho, and more employees working in their food court.

Not that I'm complaining. I don't want my Sams Club to start getting busy.

Also generous return policy and better customer service. Supposedly opening one near my job. If they do a decent new membership sign up promo I will give it a try. To far to pay full price (would never use on weekends).

The good thing about Costco around me is the food court is outside. So no membership required to get a slice of pizza or a hotdog and drink for a $1.50. I bought a membership once and barely used it. The day before it expired I went and got a refund in full.

The good thing about Costco around me is the food court is outside. So no membership required to get a slice of pizza or a hotdog and drink for a $1.50. I bought a membership once and barely used it. The day before it expired I went and got a refund in full.
I just saw some renderings of the one they are building here. Wont be open for almost a year but is a done deal now. Hard to see on the phone screen if it has an outside food court or not. It will has gas though which might almost pay for the membership. Gas is cheaper by my house so I try to buy there (not Westchester Taxes). But occasionally I forget and get stuck buying it here. They might be cheaper even with Westchester Taxes. Assuming it is like BJS Warehouse Club I would put my dad on my account (like he does for me at BJS Wholesale Club).

Our Sam's and Walmart are in the same location. They have separate parking lots but you can drive between them without going back onto the main road.

Always busy over there. Really bad on Weekends. We did pick up a fresh pizza (just have to bake it) there a few times which wasn't bad. We did a couple of food shoppings there but never really found much that made it worth dealing with the lines / people. We would also get a rotisserie chicken but they weren't ready till around 3pm on the weekends. They were very good and bigger and cheaper then what Shoprite would typically have.

I had (I think it expires this month) the membership where I could shop at 7am (two hours before the regular members). No time during the work week to go that early. No desire on the weekends.

BJS is 5 miles a way and also has Stop and Shop (closing though merged with another chain I don't care for) so frequently we would stop at BJS for a cheap food court lunch. If there were things we needed there I could get them and she could start shopping at Stop and Shop. So even if I had to wait online I would still be done before she was ready to checkout at Stop And Shop.

There is also a BJS near my job that I will go to on my lunch hour to get paper goods or cat litter or whatever else won't spoil in the car for 5 hours.

Costco will be pretty close to that so certainly an option for lunch hour.

I just saw some renderings of the one they are building here. Wont be open for almost a year but is a done deal now. Hard to see on the phone screen if it has an outside food court or not. It will has gas though which might almost pay for the membership. Gas is cheaper by my house so I try to buy there (not Westchester Taxes). But occasionally I forget and get stuck buying it here. They might be cheaper even with Westchester Taxes. Assuming it is like BJS Warehouse Club I would put my dad on my account (like he does for me at BJS Wholesale Club).
When I joined they asked if I wanted a card for a family member. I got a card put in my dads name so he could go anytime. Right now we just have a Sams Club membership.

Catching up after getting back from lunch.  

If you like any of the Lego Vita games, the only one to really stay away from is Hobbit.  It is crazy long to do all the side-quest hub like world stuff on it.  The console version of that one is probably the longest as well from what I recall.

Jimbo, I would be shocked if they did an outdoor food court in New York state.  We have the business membership for Sam's that you mentioned.  I would often stop by on the way to work on Mondays to get strawberries for the week for breakfast and cherry tomatoes to eat as a side during lunch.  There was never anybody in there then.  Weekends when my wife goes it is a zoo.  It has its own huge parking lot though.  Only other thing nearby is a Dave and Buster's type of place with another huge parking lot.  I am shocked you liked the pizza.  I think it is just ok.  Way too sweet.

Tyler, I am jealous yours has a self checkout.  I would kill for that option here.

The target and walmart near me finally have the self checkouts now.  They both are good, however Target only put 4 in and when its busy they are slammed just as bad as the regular lines.  At least Target manages their lines. Whenever it gets busy you see their managers get on the walkie talkies and call everyone in the store to the front to help.  They walk around looking for people in long lines that can move to shorter lines etc. 

Walmart managers will walk right by you without even looking at you.  Even when it isnt busy at 730am when I am there they arent friendly.  I go in on Friday mornings a lot.  Nearly every time there are multiple managers talking to each other after their meetings or whatever and they never even look in my direction to say good morning when I walk right in front of them.

Just looked up the local arcade bar on facebook. Apparently it opens tonight and they decided to call it Tappers. 

bread's done
Back