PSP $169.24 Wal-Mart Black Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Roufuss']Wal-Mart is hardly packed on Black Friday from the times I've been... it's usually BB / CC that are packed.[/QUOTE]

See, it's not really a numbers issue, it's a mass issue. 300 Wal-Mart shoppers occupy roughly 6 times the space that 300...oh, I don't know...Target shoppers do.

You wanna suffocate under a fat-mama-in-a-hoveround's armpit? Be my guest.

Sony should already retail the damn thing @ $170 anyway. They wonder why they're losing.

[quote name='Roufuss']Wal-Mart is hardly packed on Black Friday from the times I've been... it's usually BB / CC that are packed.[/QUOTE]

Really? I have personally never been to one, but isn't Wal-Mart the store shown on the news every Black Friday where all the trailer trash stampedes over each other all thorugh the aisles?

Best Buy is no doubt the most frustrating, because they have the best deals but the most ridiculous lines and crowds (which makes sense I suppose). I have generally had good CC experiences on Black Friday.

GB Micro for $40 isn't that hot compared to the % off other non video game items are. There have been numerous chances to pick it up for under $50 new and last weekend CompUSA had them for $40 ($50 now and I'd pay the $10 extra to avoid Walmart on Black Friday). $40 is a good deal but $10 off what it can be found for easily is hardly a door buster.

Hm, so the ad lists:

"Panasonic 42" Widescreen Plasma HDTV w/Built-In Digital Tuner (November 5th - 11th Only) - $1,294.00"

But you can purchase it for cheaper at other sites... :\

I want a good name-brand HDTV, but these seem a bit meh. :(

[quote name='Trapt']Hm, so the ad lists:

"Panasonic 42" Widescreen Plasma HDTV w/Built-In Digital Tuner (November 5th - 11th Only) - $1,294.00"

But you can purchase it for cheaper at other sites... :\

I want a good name-brand HDTV, but these seem a bit meh. :([/QUOTE]
That is a nice price. I think that plasma was around $2,000 a few months back.

If prices are under $1,300 for a plasma near Christmas, I might buy one.

[quote name='mykevermin']
Sony should already retail the damn thing @ $170 anyway. They wonder why they're losing.[/QUOTE]

QFT. With the high price and shit lineup, I'm not even considering the thing until it's $100 unless some nice, new games release.

[quote name='ITDEFX']holy shit...... I'm pricing matching that bitch at BB on BF[/QUOTE]

I didn't think that you could price match BF deals.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']QFT. With the high price and shit lineup,[/QUOTE]

I really don't understand how people can say the PSP has a "shit lineup", unless you actually have not played many of them and are just assuming/jumping on the bandwagon. There are tons of great games with many of them coming out recently. It seems to me that generally PSP games get better reviews than DS games if you look at them overall.

[quote name='rodeojones903']I didn't think that you could price match BF deals.

[/QUOTE]

I have at my local BB a few times. Just call them two days before and get the name of the manager who you talk to over the phone and the time (Record the conversation if you can). If they said yes as long as you have the ad and its not a rebate then yea. I am hoping this is the 250$ bundle package (with the memory stick) thats on sale.

[quote name='ITDEFX'] I am hoping this is the 250$ bundle package (with the memory stick) thats on sale.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it, but that would be fucking awesome. :D

Tempted on the PSP, but I just spent quite a bit on a new phone. :/ Maybe I don't need one just yet...

For those who live near a MEIJER, you can pick up a PSP Core unit for $169.99 (with a $30 coupon) this coming Saturday (11/11). The coupon can be found in this booklet, which is located either near the store entrance or in the photo lab/entertainment software section.

If the one Wal-Mart's offering is the Sony PSP Entertainment Pack, it would be a better deal; if not, and you live in the Midwest, you may as well just pick it up this weekend and not worry about the BF crowds.

Nice to see walmart picking up some of the slack.

For people interest in the Panny it should be noted that the model they have on sale is the PX HDTV model and not the PD EDTV model (which is also on sale for 1K). Doesn't have quite the resolution of their 50" and 58" models, but still a nice panel for the price if you want a plasma.

I expect everyone will blowout the ED model to be discounted even further after christmas, while the other HD models Panny will wait until the 7 series comes out. (they just had an msrp price drop the other week)

[quote name='SDC']Where the fuck are the DS Lite deals for Black Friday?[/QUOTE]
I thought there was one in the Wal-Mart ad. $99.

Or somewhere. That's the deal, $99.

[quote name='SDC']Where the fuck are the DS Lite deals for Black Friday?[/quote]
Agreed. Been looking for a good deal on the DS Lite!

[quote name='rodeojones903'] II really don't understand how people can say the PSP has a "shit lineup", unless you actually have not played many of them and are just assuming/jumping on the bandwagon. There are tons of great games with many of them coming out recently. It seems to me that generally PSP games get better reviews than DS games if you look at them overall.[/quote]
No doubt about it. But we can't let reality intrude on the fanboy foolishness.

[quote name='rodeojones903']I didn't think that you could price match BF deals.[/QUOTE]

I worked at Wal-Mart after college because economy was bad and no one was hiring. All of the Electronics folks still know me from working there at that time. So now each Black Friday I take all of my ads to Wal-Mart and pricematch there. :) Since they know me they get my stuff quick and take me to the front of the line. ;)

Better off just getting it at Overstock with 10% coupon. Post-tax, the Walmart deal would cost the same as Overstock, but you have to fight the crowd or get up early.

[quote name='PyroGamer']I thought there was one in the Wal-Mart ad. $99.

Or somewhere. That's the deal, $99.[/quote]

That's for a DS Phat.

[quote name='funjoe']Really? I have personally never been to one, but isn't Wal-Mart the store shown on the news every Black Friday where all the trailer trash stampedes over each other all thorugh the aisles?

Best Buy is no doubt the most frustrating, because they have the best deals but the most ridiculous lines and crowds (which makes sense I suppose). I have generally had good CC experiences on Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

Never been to a Wal-Mart? You're either live on another fucking planet or you're too stuck up. Anyways, this is YMMV, but the Wal-Marts in my area, which is 4 within a 5-20 min. drive in almost any direction, have most of the "Door Buster" items lined up at the front of the store in order to capitalize on space. Best Buy is only worth going to for select "Door Buster" items. Alot of items are part of the 2-Day sale and should be priced match eleswher, especially with the long lines at BB.

I wonder if Walmart will pricematch BF ads like they did last year. It wasn't on their main BF ad that they stated this, but on an additional flyer in the store.

[quote name='rperez1025']I wonder if Walmart will pricematch BF ads like they did last year. It wasn't on their main BF ad that they stated this, but on an additional flyer in the store.[/QUOTE]

Wal-Mart will match any ad anytime of the year. If they are "door buster" ads, just make sure you go within the specified time. If they don't have a notice posted saying they won't, then they have to and if they don't call for a manager.

[quote name='PrivatePixel']For those who live near a MEIJER, you can pick up a PSP Core unit for $169.99 (with a $30 coupon) this coming Saturday (11/11). The coupon can be found in this booklet, which is located either near the store entrance or in the photo lab/entertainment software section.
[/QUOTE]
And don't forget that you can apparently get a free $19.99 game when you buy the PSP at Meijer as well.

[quote name='ITDEFX']holy shit...... I'm pricing matching that bitch at BB on BF[/quote]

Quoted for an awesome sentence.

Good thing I sold my GTA: Liberty City Stories a few weeks back for $30 on ebay. Now I can buy another copy for just $15.

[quote name='mykevermin']See, it's not really a numbers issue, it's a mass issue. 300 Wal-Mart shoppers occupy roughly 6 times the space that 300...oh, I don't know...Target shoppers do.

You wanna suffocate under a fat-mama-in-a-hoveround's armpit? Be my guest.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

So true myke... so true. I had to add that to my sig for now. :applause:

Sony should already retail the damn thing @ $170 anyway. They wonder why they're losing.

Didn't CompUSA just clearance out one of the PSP bundles for $149 not that long ago anyways?

[quote name='oasisboy']Why cant Wallmart have a ps2 sale? I want a silver ps2 for $99... so far no ps2 sale on bf[/QUOTE]

What about the Value Pack at Best Buy with extra DS 2 and Ratchet: Deadlocked for $129.99?

$170 new PSP at Wal-Mart on black friday or a refurbished PSP from ebgames

I think it will come down to if I go to wal-mart black friday :p

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']That's what I saw of interest. Is this a price drop?[/QUOTE]

Too lazy to see if its been mentioned but Fry's has been clearing micros out at 39.99. Bought 3 of the annv editions for that price.

[quote name='neudog']Never been to a Wal-Mart? You're either live on another fucking planet or you're too stuck up. Anyways, this is YMMV, but the Wal-Marts in my area, which is 4 within a 5-20 min. drive in almost any direction, have most of the "Door Buster" items lined up at the front of the store in order to capitalize on space. Best Buy is only worth going to for select "Door Buster" items. Alot of items are part of the 2-Day sale and should be priced match eleswher, especially with the long lines at BB.[/QUOTE]

I meant I've never been to one on a Black Friday.

Hey guys, where do you see the ad for the DS for 99$?

Is it the lite or the orginal ds?

I'd like to pick one up at that price, either version...

[quote name='rodeojones903']I didn't think that you could price match BF deals.

[/quote]
I think you can. I ran into one of my friends last year at BB and she was PM'ing a bunch of DVDs from a CC ad. Granted those are just DVDs but I think it's fair game, just like any other sale.

What could be YMMV is buying a product early and then trying to get a BF price adjustment on it.

[quote name='jack987']My nearest Walmart is too far ;_;[/quote]

That's weird, around here you can't go more than a few miles before running into one. I thought they were on the same saturation program as Home Depot and Walgreens. There's one of those on every corner too.

Wondering about that $40 GB Micro...something like that is one of the few things that might get me to set foot in a Wally's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back