PSP 3000 Limited Edition Ratchet and Clank Pack $179.99 @ Amazon

This is a pretty good deal. Wont bite on it quiet yet, I agree with heyheyhey11. Thanks OP!
pixel.gif

[quote name='EmilyBabe']Same here. I have no idea what GDC stands for.[/quote]

GDC stands for "use Google to find information about stuff".

Then again not. G4 sucks ass. They keep showing these old ass shows and movies no one cares about. Who wants to watch Cops and Cheaters. Who is running that damn network they need to be shot.

reasons worth tuning into g4 are olivia munn, kristian holt(now adams. Lucky $$$ got her) and that cute brit girl I can't remember her name

Don't do it! PSP3000 is the worst model, 4000 is right around the corner and will (hopefully) fix the screen defect on the 3000s

I think it might be ahead of the curve. I saw the same price ($180) for the silver bundle at BestBuy.com this morning and now that price is gone, replaced with the standard $120. The Amazon price is "Click to see price." I am guessing that it may be the MSRP after GDC or in front of the next PSP iteration announcement, which Sony doesn't want out there yet.

I took the bait and ordered the silver bundle. The silver bundle comes with an echochrome voucher while the black bundle comes with an Everyday Shooter voucher. Personal preferance for color and game, there.

I ordered super saver shipping (free) to receive in about a week. It also came tax free. I may return it based on any GDC announcements, but I figured that I wanted a PSP and will live with the interlacing problem. My last portable console purchase was the GBA SP.

I can't seriously see myself spending good money on a console that a company admits is flawed and refuses to do anything about.

Oh wait...I bought a 360!:joystick: #-o :wall:

Anyway, in all seriousness, I wouldn't buy the 3000.

[quote name='speedrunner17']Then again not. G4 sucks ass. They keep showing these old ass shows and movies no one cares about. Who wants to watch Cops and Cheaters. Who is running that damn network they need to be shot.[/quote]

i somewhat agree...tho [adult swim] takes the cake for WHO THE HELL IS RUNNING THAT NETWORK NOW?! they're line up is absolutely unbearable now

sorry for the OT

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I can't seriously see myself spending good money on a console that a company admits is flawed and refuses to do anything about.

Anyway, in all seriousness, I wouldn't buy the 3000.[/quote]I agree with you on both points there. If the PSP does get to $120 though it would be hard to resist. I really miss my PSP that I sold a few months ago.

The "interlace problem" really isn't such a bad one. Didn't know the PSP had a rumored drop. Will have to watch and see.

G4 has been slowly becoming worse and worse to the point were I can't watch it at all. They need to cut ATOS to like twice a week or something. They really don't do anymore "real" reporting.

Dang, that's cool, I didn't know there was a black Ratchet and Clank bundle!

But did you guys see, there's an Assassin's Creed bundle coming! It's $20 more, but that sounds tempting too...

I've got a 2000, but I've been thinking of getting a 3000, and I don't really like the silver color I have. (Don't like black, but I don't like the silver 2000 even more.)

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I can't seriously see myself spending good money on a console that a company admits is flawed and refuses to do anything about.

Anyway, in all seriousness, I wouldn't buy the 3000.[/QUOTE]

It's really not flawed though...except it's power cable should connect in the back or something, so your hand isn't hitting it while playing :whistle2:/

[quote name='Wolfpup']

But did you guys see, there's an Assassin's Creed bundle coming! It's $20 more, but that sounds tempting too...[/quote]
The Assassin's Creed bundle is coming November. You will be waiting a while.

I'm waiting on the Hannah Montana bundle. :D (sarcasm)

[quote name='expane']Don't do it! PSP3000 is the worst model, 4000 is right around the corner and will (hopefully) fix the screen defect on the 3000s[/quote]
Ya apparently there are some pretty high expectations for the new model coming out, however I still don't think that it is going to be that great. 360 all the way!
pixel.gif

*Is* there going to be a real 4000 though? There are all these rumors of a PSP with no UMD drive, which isn't really a PSP at all.

If there was going to be a REAL 4000 (complete with UMD), then I might wait.

I thought the 3000 screen thing was supposed to be overblown? I've been fine with my 1000 and now 2000 though. (Honestly I guess I should have just kept the 1000, but I'm a sucker for upgrades :D )

It is overblown. Play the games as opposed to looking for things to bitch about on the internet and you won't notice. The ghosting on 1000 and 2000 models, now that was distracting in some games.

I have a 2000, and I was never distracted by anything. I really don't play any fast-moving games, though, so I suppose I wouldn't have noticed the ghosting. I've never actually seen a 3000 in action, but enough outlets have reported on the issues that I assume that there is a problem. Anyway, my post was more a joke than anything else.

It probably depends on what colors they're using, or that type of thing. I notice bluring worse on my computer monitor actually on older games that don't have as much detail (can notice it on Half Life 1 for example), not that it's bad.

I remember I could see some blur on my 1000 on Polopocrois, not that it was bad or distracting. (And it's still faster than the old Gameboys were!)

Anyway, in all seriousness, I wouldn't buy the 3000.[/QUOTE]

Zing!
Although I am amused by those who keep insisting the PSP3000 flaws are "not an issue" despite photographic evidence and the use of a microscope to demonstrate why it is defective by design.

I guess it's the same people who think Evolution is not real. They don't like facts.

"photographic evidence and the use of a microscope"

I admit that it is a problem but when you need these things to dissect it, the problem is clearly not as big as some would have you believe when you are using it.

Okay....if you have to use a microscope to see the problem...

I mean the only way you're going to get a currently state-of-the-art screen is a nice Sony HDTV or whatever. Can't get one on a notebook (all TN panels), and while the PSP's screen is good, it's still not as good as a high-quality HDTV either, so...

(Though I haven't seen the 3000 to see how big of an issue it would be for me, but personally I don't have an issue with the earlier screens.)

[quote name='jacknicklson']"photographic evidence and the use of a microscope"

I admit that it is a problem but when you need these things to dissect it, the problem is clearly not as big as some would have you believe when you are using it.[/QUOTE]

The microscope was used to do a Root Cause Analysis not to notice the problem.

The problem was noticed with the naked eye. The microscope assisted the RCA to identify the contributing factors. But of course if someone doesn't notice, it's not a problem in their mind. But just because some users have a high tolerance for visual and technical flaws does not erase their existence.

[quote name='tightclaws']Price supposed to drop to 119.99 for base unit after GDC so I would think this also will drop lower. I would wait.[/quote]
Thats the craziest fuck ive ever heard.

I see alot of retailers doing this small discount, trying to get rid of the earlier batches with the more major interlace issues or something?

wow ... very tempted to pull the trigger on this. I didn't know there was a black psp version of this bundle (which is cool cause I wanted a black one). But maybe I'll try to hold off until after GDC. Thanks OP!

I bought the ratchet and clank bundle when it was first released and didn't have a problem with it except for the weight. I'm a little used to having something a little bit heavier. The screen problem, like someone said, is definitely exaggerated. I didn't even begin to notice the difference until people started talking about it.

[quote name='expane']Zing!
Although I am amused by those who keep insisting the PSP3000 flaws are "not an issue" despite photographic evidence and the use of a microscope to demonstrate why it is defective by design.

I guess it's the same people who think Evolution is not real. They don't like facts.[/QUOTE]

I don't play with a microscope though. I have a black model 3000 PSP and it looks just fine to me. In fact the colors are richer and more vibrant and the ghosting issue is eliminated.

As far as price drop, where in the world do you get that the PSP would drop all the way down to $120? If it does drop, $150 is more plausible for the core, and $170 or $180 for bundles.

[quote name='sdragon']I don't play with a microscope though. I have a black model 3000 PSP and it looks just fine to me. In fact the colors are richer and more vibrant and the ghosting issue is eliminated.

As far as price drop, where in the world do you get that the PSP would drop all the way down to $120? If it does drop, $150 is more plausible for the core, and $170 or $180 for bundles.[/QUOTE]

You missed this post apparently

---------------------
The problem was noticed with the naked eye. The microscope assisted the RCA to identify the contributing factors. But of course if someone doesn't notice, it's not a problem in their mind. But just because some users have a high tolerance for visual and technical flaws does not erase their existence.
--------------------------------------

It's been confirmed thousands of times that the problem is noticeable via the naked eye, that was how it was discovered. The scope analysis was to examine the fishbone of possible contributing factors.

If only the PSP had more games... I want to play Crisis Core, but that's about it. Most of the other stuff makes its way to PS2 anyways.

bread's done
Back