PSP or Nin DS?

[quote name='rodeojones903']Hands down the PSP imo, but you wont get that answer much here. CAG is very pro Nintendo and anti Sony. I really think any gamer should have both, but if I HAD to chose only one it would be the PSP.[/QUOTE]

Really dumb to call CAG pro Nintendo and anti Sony. I owned both a DS and a PSP and sold the PSP cause it is not fit for carrying around and has load times.

PS3 is a great system. PSP is not.

DS is a great handheld. PSP is a great stay at home play me cause you can't see me in certain light situations. ETC>!

I like my DS :D

Problem is... with a lot of my favorite games after I've beat them there's not much to do. I guess that's a problem with almost every game (besides multiplayer stuff). I'm talking about games like Megaman ZX, NSMB, Mario 64 DS, Sonic Rush, etc.

I like my PSP :) I like being able to run homebrew on it. I haven't played a DS though. Thinking of getting one for my son's birthday.

Y'know, I always wanted the PSP more. When I heard so much great stuff about the DS, I got one instead. I didn't really care for it much (this is early in it's life) and kept thinking of the PSP. So I sold the DS and got a PSP. I loved it at first, but my main issues were load times and the fact I needed a case for it. It just isn't as portable and pick up and play as the DS. And the battery life is shorter, especially from needing the screen bright enough to see during the day. So I sold it and got a DS again recently, and I must say the games available are awsome now.

I REALLY expected to prefer the PSP, but the DS has won me over.

But like some people said earlier, look at what games are available and choose mainly from that.

The choice depends on how you want to use the systems. I currently have both a DS and PSP, and it used to take me a while to decide which one I wanted to take out. If I needed something to keep me entertained for short bursts I would take my DS Lite along since I can play for a few minutes and then close the screen when I have to do something else. However, on a long roadtrip, a PSP is better since I can have the choice between playing games, watching movies , or listening to music. Lately, I take my DS and a small mp3 player instead of the PSP because the amount of good games on the PSP has pretty much dried up.

[quote name='megasupa']The choice depends on how you want to use the systems. I currently have both a DS and PSP, and it used to take me a while to decide which one I wanted to take out. If I needed something to keep me entertained for short bursts I would take my DS Lite along since I can play for a few minutes and then close the screen when I have to do something else. However, on a long roadtrip, a PSP is better since I can have the choice between playing games, watching movies , or listening to music. Lately, I take my DS and a small mp3 player instead of the PSP because the amount of good games on the PSP has pretty much dried up.[/QUOTE]

I got to ,"The choice depends....." and then tought: "this is gonna be boring."

I have both a PSP and a DS and hands down, the DS wins. The PSP is too heavy, has very limited battery life and the only decent games on it are the RPGs. DS has RPGs and much, much more. One nice feature of the DS is the ability to play multiplayer games and actually find opponents. I have never been able to find an opponent on my PSP in well over a year however when I throw on a wifi game on the DS such as Mario Kart, I never have a problem finding competition, from all over the world no less.

[quote name='Quintessence']When will it die! :booty:[/quote]

Threads usually die when I make a reply. So it's about time, as I am the angel of thread deaths.

I have both systems. My personal conclusion:

PSP - Great around the house for epic 3D games.
DS - Portable fun that is actually portable in every necessary aspect.

The PSP is a mini-media player/internet device with some killer games.

The DS is a pure gaming device, made for fun (nintendo style) over graphics and other extra functions.

It depends on what you want! I chose the PSP, but one thing I do miss are the puzzle games for the DS.

I love my DS. I used to own both but to me the DS is a wayyy better portable. I don't want to play portable console games on the PSP, that's what my Xbox 360 is for. What does bother me a lot about the DS though is that almost all the games are geared towards pre-teens or younger teenagers. Also the price of the DS is $40 cheaper than the PSP so there's another reason right there. In my opinion, the DS has more diverse games and more people own a DS than a PSP.

had a psp since launch w/ custom firmware and just recently sold it for a Ds. Best decision. I'm in love w/ my DS it actually feels like a portable gaming device, and not something that tries to be 4 other things.

DS w/ cyclods +4gb microsd card = :D

[quote name='homeland']had a psp since launch w/ custom firmware and just recently sold it for a Ds. Best decision. I'm in love w/ my DS it actually feels like a portable gaming device, and not something that tries to be 4 other things.

DS w/ cyclods +4gb microsd card = :D[/quote]I couldn't have said it better myself. I also had a launch PSP (I bought it the day it came out), and I just sold it last month and bought my DS with a CycloDS and a 2 gig card.

bread's done
Back