PSPGO system $100 at e-spot kiosk in Macy's

poet17eric

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
The e-spot kiosk in the Vernon Hills, IL Macy's had the PSPGO for $99.99. I don't remember how many or what color, I was just seeing what things they had on sale. I have no idea how e-shop sales work so it may be YMMV. They are run by ZoomSystems and their zoomshop finder is:

http://www.zoomsystems.com/customer-service/zoomshop-finder/

NOTE: Not all stores that show up on the finder are Macy's e-spot.

Happy hunting!

Last edited by a moderator:
Think I'll get to make a trip to vernon hills on Monday. Give some updates if anyone checks out that location please

Thanks for the headsup. I jumped on it when I saw it came with 3 free games. Ratchet and Clank:Size Matters. Socom, and Little Big Planet. Combined with the 2 free games I got from the Welcome Back program. Seemed like a no brained. There seemed to be a few left at the Macys in Downtown Brooklyn.

[quote name='goukill1120']Thanks for the headsup. I jumped on it when I saw it came with 3 free games. Ratchet and Clank:Size Matters. Socom, and Little Big Planet. Combined with the 2 free games I got from the Welcome Back program. Seemed like a no brained. There seemed to be a few left at the Macys in Downtown Brooklyn.[/QUOTE]

If these are older systems, I'm pretty sure the 3 free games promo is no longer valid. The coupon voucher might still work, but AFAIK the promo to download R&C, LBP and Socom expired back in March or so. Read the fine print on the voucher.

I was such a hater of the psp go, but I had a 50 dollar sweet spot. Wanted to get it at that price...but I somehow managed to pick this up at my local macys anyway even though its 100...custom firmware time.

Can you use Visa gift cards on these machines? I want to pick on of these up, but not with real $$$
Also, are these in the bundles that came with free games?

Edit I see the coupon expired.

Got one earlier, you can use a macys gift card, debt cards, even a macys card, i used that to buy it.

firmware is on 5.70 and had a 2009 date so i'll assume its been there since 2009 0_o haha

loving the system so far :D

[quote name='theking20']Got one earlier, you can use a macys gift card, debt cards, even a macys card, i used that to buy it.

firmware is on 5.70 and had a 2009 date so i'll assume its been there since 2009 0_o haha

loving the system so far :D[/QUOTE] you get one with a voucher?

That's pretty funny about the manufacture date

[quote name='goukill1120']Darn, that certainly is a bummer to read the voucher expired.[/QUOTE]

Try it anyway.

[quote name='shadowkast']you get one with a voucher?

That's pretty funny about the manufacture date[/QUOTE]

no voucher on mine, not even the rock band one that most got, just a pre loaded demo of patapon 2

[quote name='dallow']Try it anyway.[/QUOTE]

For the earlier 3 free games offer that apparently expired in March, the qualification process was just simply logging into PSN with the device, and then Sony would email you a code to your PSN email address that you could then redeem for the 3 free games. The code was supposed to arrive within a week, although when this started out, I remember some folks grumbling that it took two or three weeks before they got their codes.

PS to all the people who arnt into custom firmware and still want the 3 free games offer, I just got off the phone with a sony support person and they confirmed that the 3 free games offer that was due to expire in march 2011 WILL still be honored as long as you follow the steps. AKA dont just sign into the PSN network. theres more to it than that.

Saw 2 - 3 of the black version at the Macy's Northpark mall in Dallas earlier today. Had a PSP Go in the past & sold it. It just feels too fragile & wasn't feeling the smaller screen (compared to a regular PSP). Also, with the new Vita coming out in the Spring, this would be pointless for me. Good games on the system though.

Thanks. I grabbed one at the Northpark Mall in Dallas after your post. There is one left now.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']PS to all the people who arnt into custom firmware and still want the 3 free games offer, I just got off the phone with a sony support person and they confirmed that the 3 free games offer that was due to expire in march 2011 WILL still be honored as long as you follow the steps. AKA dont just sign into the PSN network. theres more to it than that.[/QUOTE]

I don't suppose you care to share what those other steps are?

On the sleeve on my PSP go box, it says
"Buy a PSP Go system, and sign into your existing PSN account or register for a new PSN account through the PSP Go system and we will then email you a voucher code for you to download"....the three games...blah, blah, expires march 31, 2011...blah.....please allow 7 days to receive the code.

The one I got doesn't have that sticker, only has the Rock band Unplugged voucher inside. Guess I'm eligible for those 3 games

Got the last one in Dallas at the Galleria. Thanks OP!
Gotta see if I can trade someone for a sealed white version.

Do you guys know what other stores have these? Because the locator says they have one of these kiosks in my local mall, but that mall doesn't have a Macy's... :?

[quote name='KtMack23']Do you guys know what other stores have these? Because the locator says they have one of these kiosks in my local mall, but that mall doesn't have a Macy's... :?[/QUOTE]

I think it was mentioned that BestBuy Express stores carry these. Keep in mind that these are kiosks/vending machines, so they could be anywhere in a mall. Maybe you can take a look at their 'partners' on their website, to see which ones could potentially be at the local mall.

[quote name='dragonjud']I think it was mentioned that BestBuy Express stores carry these. Keep in mind that these are kiosks/vending machines, so they could be anywhere in a mall. Maybe you can take a look at their 'partners' on their website, to see which ones could potentially be at the local mall.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick response, I'll definitely check that, I gotta find myself a cheap psp lol

EDIT: They have a machine to sell proactive acne products :(

"To receive the emailed voucher you must:

• Either create a new PlayStation Network account on the new PSPgo, or just sign-in on the new PSPgo with your existing PlayStation Network account.
  • After completing the first step, you will need to activate the PSPgo for games. On the XMB, go to
    icn_psn.gif
    (PlayStation Network) >
    icn_Account_management.gif
    (Account Management) >
    icn_system_activation.png
    (System Activation). Highlight "Game" and press the
    icn_btnx_color.gif
    button.
  • Next, you will need to "Opt In" to receive notifications from Sony Computer Entertainment ("SCE"). On the XMB, go to
    icn_psn.gif
    (PlayStation Network) >
    (Account Management) > [Account Information] > [Notification Preferences]. At this point, you will need to check the box that says, "Yes, I am interested in receiving materials from Sony Computer Entertainment." Once you receive your voucher code, you can change this preference if you do not wish to receive emails from SCE.
Emails with the voucher codes will be sent out within 5 to 7 business days, but may take up to 14 business days in some instances. Only consumers that purchase the PSPgo "Digital Game Pack" are eligible to receive the emailed voucher."

[quote name='stark']Thanks. I grabbed one at the Northpark Mall in Dallas after your post. There is one left now.[/QUOTE]

No prob! Good to hear!

And no, you can't use Macy's coupons.

FWiW, I saw a Best Buy Express machine at Love Field airport earlier today. I'm flying back tomorrow night so will post if I see any in there & price but the front did say something along the lines of, "Same price as Best Buy" or "Same price as in stores".

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']"To receive the emailed voucher you must:

• Either create a new PlayStation Network account on the new PSPgo, or just sign-in on the new PSPgo with your existing PlayStation Network account.
  • After completing the first step, you will need to activate the PSPgo for games. On the XMB, go to
    icn_psn.gif
    (PlayStation Network) >
    (Account Management) >
    icn_system_activation.png
    (System Activation). Highlight "Game" and press the
    icn_btnx_color.gif
    button.
  • Next, you will need to "Opt In" to receive notifications from Sony Computer Entertainment ("SCE"). On the XMB, go to
    icn_psn.gif
    (PlayStation Network) >
    (Account Management) > [Account Information] > [Notification Preferences]. At this point, you will need to check the box that says, "Yes, I am interested in receiving materials from Sony Computer Entertainment." Once you receive your voucher code, you can change this preference if you do not wish to receive emails from SCE.
Emails with the voucher codes will be sent out within 5 to 7 business days, but may take up to 14 business days in some instances. Only consumers that purchase the PSPgo "Digital Game Pack" are eligible to receive the emailed voucher."[/QUOTE]

Sweet, thanks! Hopefully I'm eligible, I had a pack with a Rock Band Voucher.

Also, I have two questions for other Go owners:

1.) Can anyone recommend a good case?
2.) I have the Downloadable version of Persona 2. There's an option to Install Data, should I do that? Is there any benefit to it?

[quote name='Slermy']Sweet, thanks! Hopefully I'm eligible, I had a pack with a Rock Band Voucher.

Also, I have two questions for other Go owners:

1.) Can anyone recommend a good case?
2.) I have the Downloadable version of Persona 2. There's an option to Install Data, should I do that? Is there any benefit to it?[/QUOTE]

I love the official Sony case (soft one), and as I mentioned they can all be easily found on Clearance at Gamestop or ToysRus. They all range from $5.00-6.99.
The Sony case doesn't leave much space for anything else, but with an all Digital device there isn't much you need...maybe some in ear buds, if you fold them just right.

Tempted as I plan to replace my stolen PSP sometime this week, but backed off when I heard the screen is fragile and tends to wobble. Can anyone confirm? I've done enough maintenance to know how much of a pain in the ass it is to fix then clean especially when the screws strip because the system is a dust/debris particle magnet. If you don't find an exact match for your model it's a waste of time and money. The LCD will NEVER stay clean. I plan to treat the next one I buy like a princess.

If I do bite on this, I will probably use it as a media player more than anything. How is PSP GO as a media player? Is it easy to put music and ripped movies and stuff?

[quote name='jooanyenna']If I do bite on this, I will probably use it as a media player more than anything. How is PSP GO as a media player? Is it easy to put music and ripped movies and stuff?[/QUOTE]

If it's anything like the standard psp than yes. Just plug in drag and drop. You don't had to use media go, you can just treat it like a USB.

Any big reason why i would upgrade a PSP Fat 1000 to the PSPGO?

[quote name='KtMack23']If it's anything like the standard psp than yes. Just plug in drag and drop. You don't had to use media go, you can just treat it like a USB.[/QUOTE]

I got my psp stolen about a year ago and I don't own a ipod touch. A 16 gb media player that I can play games as well for mere $100, I think I am sold.

[quote name='Naramie']Any big reason why i would upgrade a PSP Fat 1000 to the PSPGO?[/QUOTE]

Much much much improved screen.
Plus it's so small and light!

I have a 1000 and stopped playing games on it because the terrible ghosting of the LCD.

also comes with 16gb built in, upgradeable to 32gb. Main reason why I bought the go even though I already had a 3000. Love the extra space for music and games (already been buying digital games since they will work on the vita)

I bought this to use as a 16GB mp3 player, but I'm not sure I need it.

If anyone's interested, CML for one $115 shipped (includes the tax I spent on it).

[quote name='dallow']No reason to use "install data" options for games already loaded.[/QUOTE]

not exactly true. In some games like monster hunter the install data uncompresses the armors and weapon textures with data install so it loads tremendously faster, even with digital copies, especially when browsing the armors in the shop. Im sure other games have similar uses for data install.

[quote name='Beefyheart']not exactly true. In some games like monster hunter the install data uncompresses the armors and weapon textures with data install so it loads tremendously faster, even with digital copies, especially when browsing the armors in the shop. Im sure other games have similar uses for data install.[/QUOTE]
Same with MGS Peace Walker. There's a lot of voice acting in that game and a noticeable difference.

I love the control layout of the Go, the shoulder buttons feel so much better! Anyone else think so as well?

I just scored a Go at Target for $70 (I know this is a Macy's thread) and followed the steps outlined to get the 3 free games (Thanks for the info). I really hope they honor it. I would love some free games.

Also, for those of you that ended up with the Rock Band Unlpugged "lite" voucher, the Portal song, "Still Alive" is free (same as the consoles, but I didn't realize it was also available on the PSP).

has anyone gotten their free LBP, Ratchet and socom yet? I did the steps someone mentioned earlier in this post. And yes I love the shoulders on the GO :) I greatly love the GO even though I had my 3000 for a few years and like 30 UMD's.

[quote name='explorer1990']I just scored a Go at Target for $70 (I know this is a Macy's thread) and followed the steps outlined to get the 3 free games (Thanks for the info). I really hope they honor it. I would love some free games.[/QUOTE]

Link to these steps?

bread's done
Back