Radio Shack clearance Nintendo 3DS $75, PS3 12GB Slim + Sports Champions 2 Move Bundle $97, Xbox 360 Slim 4GB $97

Electroplasm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Radio Shack clearance, in store only. All clearance items eligible for additional 25% off for a limited time.

DO NOT CALL IN ADVANCE OR THE EMPLOYEES WILL STEAL IT FROM YOU AND LIE ABOUT INVENTORY

Update 8/18/2014

Clearance prices can vary by store, depending on how popular an item is at a particular store. There can be price discrepancies between stores in any given area or state. The list below are the best case scenario clearance prices.

Items on Clearance (before tax):

1. Nintendo 3DS* black sku: 2602082 $99.99, $75 after 25% off
  2. 12GB PS3 Super Slim + Move Bundle + Sports Champions sku: 2603856 $129, $97 after 25%
  3. 12GB PS3 Super Slim CECH-4201A $129, $97 after 25%
  4. 4GB Xbox Slim** sku: 2601769 $129.99, $97.40 after 25%
  5. 160 GB PS3 Slim sku: 260-1792 $74.98 after 25% off or $110.89, prices vary.
*Regular size 3DS, all colors.

**Not the e-type, unknown whether they also stock the e-type.

Note: Some of the PS3 Super Slims are sold just as a single unit for $129, while others are sold as a Move bundle for $129. Offer varies by store.

Other Coupons/Discounts

A $10 off coupon is printed for every $30 spent. Example: 3DS bought for $75 prompts two $10 off coupons valid two days after printout. The coupon states that it cannot be used on gaming hardware but it will ring up automatically if the sales clerk allows the purchase anyway and rings it up for you.

10% University Student Discount stacks with 25% off clearance prices, contingent upon showing valid school ID.

Links

Inventory (most likely wrong, change zip code to store location & choose 5 mi radius for better results)

http://www.radioshack.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=4315082&s=null&znt_campaign=Category_CMS&znt_medium=RSCOM&znt_source=CAT&znt_content=CT4314709

You can only search for the purple on the site but diff stores have diff colors, like black most of the time i guess. It is best to just go to your local store.

store_clearance_event.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Found a 360 slim for 130 $ with 25% off it would be 97.50 $ . I bought pair of tb x12s and a .50 $ circuit to get 2 10$ off coupons , gonna go back Sunday when the coupons are active to attempt to use one . They offered to hold it for me till Sunday , then I'm gonna return the x12's . The biggest reason to get one for me is to have a backup slim model , seems most stores only carry the slim e model which is most definitely a down grade.

how long does the 25% discount last? i don't get my paycheck until next week and i'm praying my radioshack will still have one at that time. (there is little to no CAG activity where i live as far as i can tell)

^^^ this guy said he got a pink 3ds xl

also, from what ive gathered making the rounds today, their stock checker is pretty dead on

if it says out of stock they really are out

the employee checked stock for me around the city and told me a couple locations showed they had only 1 each

for some reason i was in the right mood to take a shot, normally dont take hunts too far anymore

but sure enough each one had exactly 1 left, both of them had to go get it from the back "secret" room lol
I was referring to the K-mart glitch that happened at the beginning of the year. I was out of that door so fast once I signed for it, lol.

I saw a Clearance Star Wars Plug-&-Play for $12, should be around $8 after 25% off discount. I also saw some customizable R/C cars for a decent price too.

My Radio Shack area is BS. This is in the South Bay Area, CA.

They eventually let me get the PS3 at $129 but not with the 25% off. They used it at $149 +25+10% student discount to make it $129 plus tax.

So I went to another Radio Shack and tried to see if I can return & rebuy starting from the $129.

Needless to say I went through this long discussion where the staff member talked about how each Radio Shack has stuff at different prices based on popularity and BS and that its the same for stores like Frys and Best Buy. I basically called him out on it because that doesn't make sense and those stores would probably PM each other.

Sure I got it for $60 off and with a 500GB it'll probably be around $200 max but its so dirty... No wonder Radio Shack is shit.

Well since both threads regarding the extra 25% off clearance started on mon/Tues I'm gonna assume this is a weekly deal that ends tomorrow . I'll find out for sure and report back tomorrow .

YMMV.

I went to my local Radio Shack a week ago (in Northern California) looking for a 3DS and not only did they not have any, but none of the stores they called in the area had any either.  :whistle2:(

I went back to the RS that helped me look up inventory in other stores. Clerk said that the clearance items stay on clearance til sold out so there's hope if you haven't gotten a chance to go get it yet.

I was denied on student discount.t and coupon though. Still debating whether or not to keep at almost $100 after tax

thanks OP.  Got an xbox for $100+tax.

Anyone know if there are restrictions on these $10 coupons? I know you can't stack em and a few of the brands aren't allowed but can I spend like $10 on batteries and essentially get it for free?

thanks OP. Got an xbox for $100+tax.

Anyone know if there are restrictions on these $10 coupons? I know you can't stack em and a few of the brands aren't allowed but can I spend like $10 on batteries and essentially get it for free?
Does your coupon say anything about it being able to be used online?

Thanks op picked up the last ps3 for 100 plus tax

Lol made the employee mad, because he should of noticed the deal

Thanks so much OP! I got the last PS3 Slim (no Move bundle) and Xbox 360. Employees had them sitting in a display of clearance items by the register. Poor guy working there said he'd have picked them up himself if he could.

Think I'll just check my local store tomorrow. It's only a 5 minute drive but I don't really want anything anyway so I don't see the need rushing at right smack now.

3DS would be nice for $75 but I've already sold 2 systems because I never played them so the only thing I would use it for is maybe early Smash Bros.

I found a 12GB SuperSlim but it rang up $142 on clearance. Even with another 25% it wouldn't have been $97, I don't know why the price is different at this store.

They eventually let me get the PS3 at $129 but not with the 25% off. They used it at $149 +25+10% student discount to make it $129 plus tax.

So I went to another Radio Shack and tried to see if I can return & rebuy starting from the $129.

Needless to say I went through this long discussion where the staff member talked about how each Radio Shack has stuff at different prices based on popularity and BS and that its the same for stores like Frys and Best Buy. I basically called him out on it because that doesn't make sense and those stores would probably PM each other.

Sure I got it for $60 off and with a 500GB it'll probably be around $200 max but its so dirty... No wonder Radio Shack is shit.
You mean they told you the truth? :shockedface:

Radioshack in Greenfield MA has 2 4gig 360s

1 with Kinect, one without.. they will not honor the price on either.

They wouldn't even check, all they said was "Priced as Marked"

Employee inventory lookup found no 3dses in my area at all. I hate to just give up on a deal but...

I got the PS3 and Move Bundle, both were separate and had 25% off each. I also used the student discount. Together both came to $107.89 before tax.

HOWEVER, I opened up Sports Champions 2 and there's NO Golf DLC inside. The case was empty aside from the disc. It was still sealed and the plastic said "Golf DLC inside" and I previously bought SC2 a year ago so I know what the Golf DLC insert looks like.

I got both a ps3 and xbox 360. ps3 sku 2603856 priced $129.87 - 25% -10% student = $87.66. xbox $129.87 - 25% - 10%= $87.66 - $10 coupon = $82.32. this was not in a good location, but they were nice.

radio in mall had bad customer service. found a radio shack brand solder iron kit. the 20w was $20 and the 25w was $15. I grab the 25w sku 6400214. the price is before 25%. I pick up a targus bluetooth keyboard for samsung galaxy tab 3 10.1 screen and was priced $20 - 25%= $15. the employed said he tried to apply student discount but since its a clearance item, the pos didnt take it. the stord manager was there too giving me some bs. k notice the store manager was pushing batteries for sale telling everyone extra 25% off. I called out them out on the student discount and im sure they both didnt want to do it. I purchase this stuff since I had the $10 coupon. so $5 for keyboard and $1.30 for solder not bad. wish they just say they dont want to do it cause its clearance. he also said that they are already losing money selling it cheap.

Some quick questions.

I have read through the pages and it seems some stores will have the PS3 at a different price point. How can we reduce the price to something like OP. I read that someone PM the priceof another radio shack? How do you do this? I have trouble speaking so I'd like to know a good phrase. Would, can you check if other Radio shacks have the same model PS3 at a lower price? Would they need to call? I think sometimes, they just look it up online but that's not approite because the online price doesn't reflect the store price right? Should I call them out on it? Do I insist they call other stores?

I've also read to ask employees to check the back? I'm a bit confused by how to ask this question to the employee. Should I say, can you cehck the back for any PS3's that have yet to be put on the clearence section or do I just ask can you check the back for any PS3 and assume that they are clearence?

Also  about the student discount, at checkpout do I just pull out my student ID to get the discount?

Thank you,

I'll be going out today, and while I don't really have any hope of there being any 3DSes left, I guess it won't hurt to check.

Little trip yesterday paid out.  Was able to nab a PS3 bundle(12GB, Move Controller, Camera, Sport Champions 2), for $97.40 total.  The console itself is going into storage as a backup right next to it's sealed predecessors.  Almost considered grabbing one of two 360 they had simply because they're the S models, but I already have a backup for that so I figure I leave it for someone else. 

Also got 3 of the $10 coupons with it, might try use one to nab a Kinect for $20 simply just for Skyrim so I can dragon shout at the tv other than that it's useless to me. :lol:

Just came back from the Clifton, NJ Radioshack and I picked up the last PS3 for $104.97! The cashiers said another 12GB was sold five minutes before I came in so I guess I was lucky! ^-^

I got super lucky today I managed to nab a 3DS for 74.60 and while I was there I asked the guy about the ps3s cause a friend of mine was interested in buying one recently and while he pulled out a 12gb that rang up for 97, he went in the back and found a 160gb regular slim model and he scanned it and it came to 74.98 before tax. I bought it so fast and ran to the car I was so happy. Managed to find another 3ds for my friend as well at another one. $158.55 with tax for a 3ds and a 160gb ps3 was a pretty good day. Anyone in the Orlando/Longwood Florida area their stock says there aren't any more black 3DSs in the district. They couldn't find any other skus to look up though so you could maybe find a different color.

I got super lucky today I managed to nab a 3DS for 74.60 and while I was there I asked the guy about the ps3s cause a friend of mine was interested in buying one recently and while he pulled out a 12gb that rang up for 97, he went in the back and found a 160gb regular slim model and he scanned it and it came to 74.98 before tax. I bought it so fast and ran to the car I was so happy. Managed to find another 3ds for my friend as well at another one. $158.55 with tax for a 3ds and a 160gb ps3 was a pretty good day. Anyone in the Orlando/Longwood Florida area their stock says there aren't any more black 3DSs in the district. They couldn't find any other skus to look up though so you could maybe find a different color.
What's the sku for the 160gb ps3?

I checked the nearest store's inventory but no items are available. Did some of you guys check the stores out even with no inventory of the item online and finding the consoles there?

I checked the nearest store's inventory but no items are available. Did some of you guys check the stores out even with no inventory of the item online and finding the consoles there?
u can ask a employee to check your area.

For the CAG that got a 160gb old model was it sealed? I recall when someone here got it for 499 YMMV, but some others posted that it was at $200. I check my area and none could be found from last sale. There was one that was a display model ,but couldnt be sold.

I ended up getting a 4 gig 360 slim for about 92 $ after tax and 10$ off coupon . Pretty good price to have a backup 360 slim , really wish I could of found a 12 gig ps3 seeing as I already have a hard drive for one but you win some you lose some . The extra bonus is getting more 10 $ off coupons that I'll find use for .

What's the sku for the 160gb ps3?
This.

Can you post the item number for the old slim please?

I ended up getting a 4 gig 360 slim for about 92 $ after tax and 10$ off coupon . Pretty good price to have a backup 360 slim , really wish I could of found a 12 gig ps3 seeing as I already have a hard drive for one but you win some you lose some . The extra bonus is getting more 10 $ off coupons that I'll find use for .
anyone know if there is a harddrive caddy that comes with the 12gb console? If not, where can we get a OEM one?

Also, I have a 250GB xbox 360 slim harddrive I picked up if anyone wants to buy it or trade.

how the hell are Radio Shacks even still in business?
Still must make a profit from the circuit boards, transistors, capacitors, etc.? The only store in my area that carries that stuff is Fry's Electronics and they're pretty far from home/work. RS is closer though. Funny thing is that the cords they sell are at Monster Cable prices and you know what that means...

The "different prices based on popularity" was mentioned earlier in the thread. There's some chance it might actually be true. At least for radioshack. It would explain the discrepency between prices. Some of us are paying $99, $112 or more for the same thing. The other guy in the thread said it was based on how many that particular store sold. So if they have a whole crate or a single one left, it might be discounted differently.

Either way, if you got a 500gb then you lucked out. A lot of us are paying a similar price to you and only getting the 12gb.

Btw, I didn't know about 10% off for students. Think I could bring in my receipt to get a little money back?

anyone know if there is a harddrive caddy that comes with the 12gb console? If not, where can we get a OEM one?

Also, I have a 250GB xbox 360 slim harddrive I picked up if anyone wants to buy it or trade.
I'm like 90% sure it does not come with a caddy . You can order an oem one directly from Sony for 10-15$ but it's not worth waiting for them to ship it to you imo . I would just get one off amazon or where ever .

bread's done
Back