Radio Shack clearance Nintendo 3DS $75, PS3 12GB Slim + Sports Champions 2 Move Bundle $97, Xbox 360 Slim 4GB $97

Electroplasm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Radio Shack clearance, in store only. All clearance items eligible for additional 25% off for a limited time.

DO NOT CALL IN ADVANCE OR THE EMPLOYEES WILL STEAL IT FROM YOU AND LIE ABOUT INVENTORY

Update 8/18/2014

Clearance prices can vary by store, depending on how popular an item is at a particular store. There can be price discrepancies between stores in any given area or state. The list below are the best case scenario clearance prices.

Items on Clearance (before tax):

1. Nintendo 3DS* black sku: 2602082 $99.99, $75 after 25% off
  2. 12GB PS3 Super Slim + Move Bundle + Sports Champions sku: 2603856 $129, $97 after 25%
  3. 12GB PS3 Super Slim CECH-4201A $129, $97 after 25%
  4. 4GB Xbox Slim** sku: 2601769 $129.99, $97.40 after 25%
  5. 160 GB PS3 Slim sku: 260-1792 $74.98 after 25% off or $110.89, prices vary.
*Regular size 3DS, all colors.

**Not the e-type, unknown whether they also stock the e-type.

Note: Some of the PS3 Super Slims are sold just as a single unit for $129, while others are sold as a Move bundle for $129. Offer varies by store.

Other Coupons/Discounts

A $10 off coupon is printed for every $30 spent. Example: 3DS bought for $75 prompts two $10 off coupons valid two days after printout. The coupon states that it cannot be used on gaming hardware but it will ring up automatically if the sales clerk allows the purchase anyway and rings it up for you.

10% University Student Discount stacks with 25% off clearance prices, contingent upon showing valid school ID.

Links

Inventory (most likely wrong, change zip code to store location & choose 5 mi radius for better results)

http://www.radioshack.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=4315082&s=null&znt_campaign=Category_CMS&znt_medium=RSCOM&znt_source=CAT&znt_content=CT4314709

You can only search for the purple on the site but diff stores have diff colors, like black most of the time i guess. It is best to just go to your local store.

store_clearance_event.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I drove to the Danville RS. Apparently they had just shipped out the last PS3. A store in San Ramon and Lafayette have none either since the guy had called their stores. If only I had gone.. sooner.

I stopped by a couple of radioshack's near me and found no evidence they ever even carried any ps3's 360's or 3ds's. When I asked the only person working there if they had any video game systems, she had a puzzled expression on her face. She was trying to be nice and tell me my best chance was gamestop (literally right next door in the strip mall) or walmart (right next door on the other side). lol

At the other radioshack the guy told me they didn't have any, but he could have them ship it to the store. He then proceeded to tell me to wait until the holiday season. It was pretty funny cause he was being all adamant in telling me what to buy and when to buy it. I wanted to say something, but I figured that he must just be longing for human contact since no ever goes in there.

YMMV apparently. Mine had a 12gb PS3 and it rang up as $189 before the 25% off.
Ah! That explains it. I couldn't figure out how my total was $142 (didn't buy), thanks for the pre-discount total.

EDIT: Please update the original post with YMMV, as $129 for the 12GB PS3 is definitely not company wide. Pricing depends on item popularity at any given store(as others have stated). I've visited 2 stores and each time the price hovered around $140 AFTER the discount. And definitely do not call stores asking. Have one store call another, they can tell them to hold it after getting the price for you which would prevent the employee from lying and buying.

Picked up the 160gb ps3 for $110.89. That's with the 25% off clearance and the 10% student discount.

The "different prices based on popularity" was mentioned earlier in the thread. There's some chance it might actually be true. At least for radioshack. It would explain the discrepency between prices. Some of us are paying $99, $112 or more for the same thing. The other guy in the thread said it was based on how many that particular store sold. So if they have a whole crate or a single one left, it might be discounted differently.

Either way, if you got a 500gb then you lucked out. A lot of us are paying a similar price to you and only getting the 12gb.

Btw, I didn't know about 10% off for students. Think I could bring in my receipt to get a little money back?
I'm not sure about getting a discount after but can't hurt to try.

I'm just annoyed that they said at first it was fine to ship it to my local store from the other with the PS3 at $129 but then to have them sell it to me at $149 just because I'm buying it from my local store. You can't make an order over the phone but they can still ship it to stores. That's what was shady about it. Then to hear the "other stores" do that too message made me facepalm.

This was mainly to get my own PS3 as I do have a controller and some PS3 games already. I can get a 500GB HDD for $40 +tax but I'm still deciding between getting them or just saving up for the PS4 and skipping owning a PS3.

What's the sku for the 160gb ps3?
Picked up the 160gb ps3 for $110.89. That's with the 25% off clearance and the 10% student discount.
oh, you found it? is the sku or stock number on your receipt?

EDIT: Please update the original post with YMMV, as $129 for the 12GB PS3 is definitely not company wide. Pricing depends on item popularity at any given store(as others have stated). I've visited 2 stores and each time the price hovered around $140 AFTER the discount. And definitely do not call stores asking. Have one store call another, they can tell them to hold it after getting the price for you which would prevent the employee from lying and buying.
OK, I added a disclaimer. Others have asked for skus. If people can list the item/inventory #'s for their pickups from their receipts, I'll add those to the op as well. I have my cosmo black 3ds and 12 gb ps3 move bundle receipts at home so i can add those later tonight, but i don't know what the others are 'cause I didn't make those purchases.

I'm not sure about getting a discount after but can't hurt to try.

I'm just annoyed that they said at first it was fine to ship it to my local store from the other with the PS3 at $129 but then to have them sell it to me at $149 just because I'm buying it from my local store. You can't make an order over the phone but they can still ship it to stores. That's what was shady about it. Then to hear the "other stores" do that too message made me facepalm.

This was mainly to get my own PS3 as I do have a controller and some PS3 games already. I can get a 500GB HDD for $40 +tax but I'm still deciding between getting them or just saving up for the PS4 and skipping owning a PS3.
Where can you get that 500GB HDD for $40??

Where can you get that 500GB HDD for $40??
http://www.amazon.com/320GB-HDD-Compatible-Xbox-Slim/dp/B008FHL56S/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1408462150&sr=1-1&keywords=xbox+360+320gb+hard+drive

Well not quite $40 but at least you can return it to Amazon if you've got a problem with it. I got a 320GB modified one for about $48 and it's been working perfectly.

You will need to fix the partition for the XBOX emulator though (honestly not too worth the trouble; most of the old games I WANT to play don't even run).

http://www.amazon.com/320GB-HDD-Compatible-Xbox-Slim/dp/B008FHL56S/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1408462150&sr=1-1&keywords=xbox+360+320gb+hard+drive

Well not quite $40 but at least you can return it to Amazon if you've got a problem with it. I got a 320GB modified one for about $48 and it's been working perfectly.

You will need to fix the partition for the XBOX emulator though (honestly not too worth the trouble; most of the old games I WANT to play don't even run).
He was talking about one for the PS3 SS...

I kinda wish I'd never seen this thread.  I traded in my "spare" 360 last year.  Now, I once again have two 360s.  I got the last 4GB 360-S at my local Radio Shack last night.  Marked at $129 less the 25% discount, got it for $97 plus tax, $103 out the door.

Thanks, I think!!

I kinda wish I'd never seen this thread. I traded in my "spare" 360 last year. Now, I once again have two 360s. I got the last 4GB 360-S at my local Radio Shack last night. Marked at $129 less the 25% discount, got it for $97 plus tax, $103 out the door.

Thanks, I think!!
What is the sku for the 360?

I saw a 360 in the wild at the Radio Shack on 23rd between Park and Madison in Manhattan. Would have grabbed it if I didn't already have 2. Was hoping to score a Playstation.

u can ask a employee to check your area.

For the CAG that got a 160gb old model was it sealed? I recall when someone here got it for 499 YMMV, but some others posted that it was at $200. I check my area and none could be found from last sale. There was one that was a display model ,but couldnt be sold.
I don't know if anyone clarified this to you or not yet, the 160gb model I got for $75 was a slim model not original or super slim. I find it weird they wouldn't sell it to you cause this one was their display but they had put it back in the box and everything. Same with the 3DSs. The ones me and my friend got were displays. Luckily mine came with a box and everything in it. My friend's was unit only cause apparently someone stole the box they had put out for display. It still had the stylus and memory card in the DS so we still got it cause you really only need a charger. Manuals and AR cards are unnecessary. The guy seemed hesitant to sell it to us and told us we couldn't return it but seeing as broken 3DSs sell for 75 on ebay we went for it. Works fine.

I went today to try for a price adjustment 'cause I didn't know about the student discount. Guy said I'd have to bring in the box for a return/rebuy. Can someone confirm the student discount will stack with the 25% clearance before I lug the box with me tomorrow?

Thanks OP! Scored a Super Slim 12gb for $103. Apparently the student discount does not stack though.

I went today to try for a price adjustment 'cause I didn't know about the student discount. Guy said I'd have to bring in the box for a return/rebuy. Can someone confirm the student discount will stack with the 25% clearance before I lug the box with me tomorrow?
Yes, the 10% student discount stacks on top of the 25% clearance.

I would say YMMV because I wasn't allowed to. It says in the fine print somewhere (I think, friend read it not me) that student discounts are not valid on game consoles or hardware or something of the sort. The guy that helped me told me he couldn't do it but I was pretty happy with the deal already so I didn't question it.

just wondering but what do you guys do with an extra ps3 or xbox 360? Im finding them in my area but I have no real use for it

just wondering but what do you guys do with an extra ps3 or xbox 360? Im finding them in my area but I have no real use for it
Use it as a media player since my PS4 doesn't really play media like the ps3 did, it makes a great media player with the PS media server and a good internet connection great for streaming movies, also the coupons I paid $107 for mine but i needed some Arctic Silver 5 and with the coupons I'll be able to get $30 worth free so really is a good deal if you need a cheap media/blu ray system.

i got the 10% applied to both ps3 and xbox 360. ymmv since they should not since its on clearance.

i got a ps3 cause i never had one.  can it play 3d movies?

does everyone play blu ray movies on it alot or does everyone use a seperate blu ray player?

I had my PS3 hacked to be unable to connect to the internet right before the month long hacking spree years ago and I moved on to the 360 months later and went to become a Microsoft fan boy and this sale gave me the opportunity to return to my gaming roots and appreciate both sides

I am using the PS3 I bought just to play the exclusives and as a BluRay player (since I don't own one but have a library of BluRay movies) but my problem is that I can't access my old PSN account b/c the hacker changed everything on it :/

Yep, that's with 25% off. The price on the tag was $189.99. I asked if I could price match another store and he said that they don't, but whatever I got an xbox 360 for $ 104.

Welp, it didn't work. I carried the box with me all day and then stopped by radioshack on the way home. Saw the guy I spoke to yesterday who told me I had to bring in the box for return/rebuy. He went to the back to get the manager or something. Shit! I recognize this guy. The day I bought the last PS3, he said he was going to buy it himself after his shift. He takes one look at me holding the box and says he can't stack the student discount with clearance. Well fuck... I just carried the box with me for nothing. Now maybe he really couldn't do it. But I wouldn't be surprised if he was out to spite me. Wouldn't be surprised one bit.

Well, after 3 or 4 trips to radioshack for this, I am done. I'm so tired of walking all the way to radioshack just to try to get $10~ back. I'm satisfied with my purchase. And I'll put this whole excursion behind me.

On a somewhat related note, the $10 off coupon seems to require a minimum $10 purchase. I tried to buy a $9.99 hdmi cable but the lady said it had to be $10 min to use the coupon. So it was either buy $1.99 insurance for the cable or buy the $14.99 cable instead. I went for the $14.99 cable since it looked nicer and was actually in a box. So far I've used the $10 coupon to get an hdmi for $5 and a power strip for $1 both on sale. I've got one more. Will probably use it to buy batteries.

Ya i just scored a 3ds for $80 after tax. They wouldn't accept my school ID, but i wasn't too bummed out. NOt sure if I want to keep or not because I did want a 3ds XL, but this is very slick. Thanks, OP

I've already used up the 12gb on the PS3. Even disc bought games have pretty big installs. I don't know anything about updating the internal drive. Do I have to buy anything besides the 2.5" drive? I hear some people talk about a mounting bracket or something? Can I use the drive from a portable harddrive? Or does it have to be a laptop? Listing good sale prices would be helpful too. Though I don't think I'll be buying right away. I'll just have to uninstall/reinstall when I swap games or something.

I've already used up the 12gb on the PS3. Even disc bought games have pretty big installs. I don't know anything about updating the internal drive. Do I have to buy anything besides the 2.5" drive? I hear some people talk about a mounting bracket or something? Can I use the drive from a portable harddrive? Or does it have to be a laptop? Listing good sale prices would be helpful too. Though I don't think I'll be buying right away. I'll just have to uninstall/reinstall when I swap games or something.
EBay search "PS3 super slim caddy". Should be <$5.

Anyone know if the ps3 super slim take a 1.5TB 2.5 hard drive? It's 12.5mm in height?

does it play 3D blu ray movies?
9.5mm is the height that I heard HDD's were supposed to be so I think that's way off.

Yes it does play 3D Blu Ray's just make sure to fully update the software since it was added in an update.

Darn I wish I could find any PS3s in stock here in Miami. Checked pretty much every location over the last few days but no dice. Sucks cause I've never had a Playstation console but am on a pretty tight budget.

I've already used up the 12gb on the PS3. Even disc bought games have pretty big installs. I don't know anything about updating the internal drive. Do I have to buy anything besides the 2.5" drive? I hear some people talk about a mounting bracket or something? Can I use the drive from a portable harddrive? Or does it have to be a laptop? Listing good sale prices would be helpful too. Though I don't think I'll be buying right away. I'll just have to uninstall/reinstall when I swap
games or something.
Yea the 12GB version doesn't come with the caddy/hard drive pallet the higher GB models do (since the 12GB is an internal, inner workings memory space) so you would have to buy the "PS3 Super Slim Mounting Bracket" it goes for $5 w/ free shipping on eBay and comes with the necessary screws to lock the hard drive in and securely...i knew the 12GB would go in a snap so i decided to just plug in the PS3 i bought and just leave it there until the 500GB hard drive and mounting bracket i ordered come in

I setup the ps3 and yes, it does take 1.0TB hard drive.

Anyone else know what they getting with all these $10 coupon?  I got too amny from the xbox and ps3. Odd thing is that I got a toshiba 1.5GB hard drive $59.97- 25%=$44.97-10% - $10.00 coupon= $31. Sadly its a 12mm and not a 9.5mm which does not fit the PS3. Heard it may fit in a PS4 when searching online.

The 10% discount is YMMV because the manager said shouldnt apply on top of clearance items, but the associate already did it.

I setup the ps3 and yes, it does take 1.0TB hard drive.

Anyone else know what they getting with all these $10 coupon? I got too amny from the xbox and ps3. Odd thing is that I got a toshiba 1.5GB hard drive $59.97- 25%=$44.97-10% - $10.00 coupon= $31. Sadly its a 12mm and not a 9.5mm which does not fit the PS3. Heard it may fit in a PS4 when searching online.

The 10% discount is YMMV because the manager said shouldnt apply on top of clearance items, but the associate already did it.
I use the coupons on batteries and a flash drive.

anyone have success buying psn $20 cards with a coupon?  I asked a guy today and he said the computer would let him but he knew his manager would not approve, and "would let him have it".

There's one of the brand new slim slim 4gb 360s at my radio shack is that the one that's $99? It's marked $199. I plan to stop in and ask in a few hours anyways but thought I'd ask here if it would save me the trouble

bread's done
Back