Radio Shack Clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

badnewsbrown

CAG Veteran
I'm not sure if this is YMMV but my radio is have a good clearance sale.

I just picked up Super Mario Galaxy for 30, LOZ:pH for 15 and a backup DS battery for 5.

There's a bunch of other stuff for sale too so you guys might want to look out for it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Does anyone have a site link for MGS 4 so I can check the local stores for possible stock without having to trek out to all of them? I checked one of the mall stores already, but I didn't even think of checking the other one even though I was right by there.[/quote]

Google cache will give you a link, but the inventory checker doesn't seem to work.

[quote name='Arakias']The code for the XBOX 360 Wireless Headset is 260-1048

and here is the coupon copied from page 21 of this thread:[/quote]
Sorry, but I don't understand how to get that coupon. Can someone please xplain in to me?
edit: Nvm, got it, thanks!

[quote name='ssssss']Sorry, but I don't understand how to get that coupon. Can someone please xplain in to me?
edit: Nvm, got it, thanks![/quote]
Copy the link and paste it into your browser. You may need to sign up with SD in order to view the attachment.

[quote name='regis100']Google cache will give you a link, but the inventory checker doesn't seem to work.[/quote]

Thanks. The product/inventory # is different in that listing than the one listed by slowdive earlier in the thread.

It comes up as 26-1110, instead of 260-1110.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Thanks. The product/inventory # is different in that listing than the one listed by slowdive earlier in the thread.

It comes up as 26-1110, instead of 260-1110.[/quote]

Sorry, I just copied/pasted from earlier in the thread. :whistle2:$ Just an FYI for everyone: All of the codes start with "260-"

Can someone please provide the code for Gran Turismo 5 prologue anf the sixaxis?

^^^You take the numbers that people are posting and they can check the inventory. Or if you are at the store just ask them for their video games, they will bring out the 3 they have in stock.

[quote name='munch']Is there anyway to tell if my local stores have video games? I'm not having much luck.[/quote]

store locator their shops, call them and ask what games they have in stock. most RS's have only a handful of games with the clearance. I still haven't opened my lego indiana/kung fu panda yet but I keep finding them separate at RS's in my area.

Just got MGS 4 for under 20. Thanks

Do they happen to have Little Big Planet or anything a tad newer? Mine had MGS4,GTA, and some sports game.

[quote name='regis100']By the way, here is kind of a cool story, if it all works out ok...

I could not find MGS4 in any stores near me, which was kind of a bummer because it's a pretty sweet deal for a good game. So I decided to call a store in a state where I used to live (like 500+ miles away.) They had it in stock. So they say they can send it to the store that is by me.

You think it'll work out? I hope so. If not, no big deal. But if they end up sending it, then that's pretty cool, I think. Although I'm not sure how much they would add on for shipping. I assumed zero, but I guess if it was too much they add I just wouldn't get it. (I haven't paid anything yet.)

Basically, if you are willing to call around and find something you are looking for, they might be willing to do the same thing.[/quote]

Follow-up: this worked great. Radio Shack was awesome. I couldn't find MGS4, so another store two states away sent it (for free) to the store by me. I went and picked it up this morning. $17.97 after extra 10% off. Maybe this is one of the reasons Radio Shack is around; not many stores would do that.

[quote name='regis100']Follow-up: this worked great. Radio Shack was awesome. I couldn't find MGS4, so another store two states away sent it (for free) to the store by me. I went and picked it up this morning. $17.97 after extra 10% off. Maybe this is one of the reasons Radio Shack is around; not many stores would do that.[/quote]

My Radio Shack has ordered 3 games for me that they didn't have in stock at their store:

Soul Calibur x2
Lost Odyssey

They have been pretty cool the whole time

[quote name='Telemakhos']My Radio Shack has ordered 3 games for me that they didn't have in stock at their store:

Soul Calibur x2
Lost Odyssey

They have been pretty cool the whole time[/quote]

oh wow they'll do that? Do you have to know a store that has it in stock or will they look around for one that has it for you?

They do seem to be more than willing to fedex items to their store for you free of charge. They did it for me (from about 30 miles away) for MGS4.

Picked up 2 copies of R&C, and a PS2 licensed (Nyco?) memory card for $33.xx with coupon and extra 10% on clearance items. The memory card was filler and was basically free.

[quote name='kidrocklive']oh wow they'll do that? Do you have to know a store that has it in stock or will they look around for one that has it for you?[/quote]

The primary Radio Shack in your area should. The satellites most likely won't. I've dealt with the manager, asst. manager, or clerk. They've all been cool about it. They basically get the SKU off the Radio Shack website then check the inventory through their system. If they don't offer it upfront, I would simply ask them to do it.

I've seen the manager call the manager of another store and get it shipped pronto. No big deal. The key is to pay for the item that day. That way, you're guaranteed to get it.

I've had a situation where they ordered Ninja Gaiden 2 for me, and because I didn't prepay for the item, once it arrived, their in-store inventory shows a "1" in stock instead of a "-1". The "-1" means that it's in stock but reserved for a customer. My first copy of NG2 was sold to a customer who walked in off the street, so they had to re-order another copy (which turned out to be the last one available in the region), which I paid for on the spot. Once it came in, it was mine.

If you order a copy that's shipped and pre-pay it, they'll simply give you a call when it arrives. It's yours.

[quote name='sunnysky']They do seem to be more than willing to fedex items to their store for you free of charge. They did it for me (from about 30 miles away) for MGS4.[/quote]

30 miles sounds about right. The manager I've dealt with said they can check the inventory and pull stock from other Radio Shacks "within the same region." So, if you're in NYC and want a copy of Soul Calibur IV that might be in stock in Chicago, they can't pull the product.

Though they're close, even Philly to NYC might be a stretch.

Funny thing. I went to Radio Shack tonight to return GTA IV and Guitar Hero: Aerosmith because they've lost trade value. While there, I tried to buy a second copy of Gears of War 2 for $36 using the -$10 coupon.

Even though it was still 12/31 and a few hours before closing, I was told the manager said not to accept the coupon any longer, and that Radio Shack was already wiping the coupon out of the system. I've only used the coupon 3x previously, but thought on merit of the store that was kind of a raw deal. A coupon that is still valid date-wise not being accepted?!:roll:

Anyways, I decided to put Gears of War 2 back, as I already have one (just wanted the second for a high-end trade).

What I do know is that there is a 2009 version of the -$10 Radio Shack coupons available from the Entertainment Book again. I saw this when I went to Blockbuster for the B1G1 deal. BBV has the Entertainment Books on sale, and had one to page through to see what's available.

So, someone (hopefully) will have a new pdf of the new Radio Shack coupons shortly. Radio Shack's clearance games will only get cheaper at this point, so the coupon could come in handy again. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
What I do know is that there is a 2009 version of the -$10 Radio Shack coupons available from the Entertainment Book again. I saw this when I went to Blockbuster for the B1G1 deal. BBV has the Entertainment Books on sale, and had one to page through to see what's available.

So, someone (hopefully) will have a new pdf of the new Radio Shack coupons shortly. Radio Shack's clearance games will only get cheaper at this point, so the coupon could come in handy again. ;)

Unfortunately the new Entertainment coupon excludes games....

[quote name='Lord Hamm']Unfortunately the new Entertainment coupon excludes games....[/quote]

your right i just checked my entertainment book page I77 does says "Exludes Video Game Software" Bummer.

[quote name='MisterNewGuy']how much is gears 2 at rs before the coupon?[/quote]

At my Radio Shack in Denver, Gears of War 2 is on clearance for $49.99. Now that the 10% off clearance items deal is gone, and the -$10 coupon is defunct, I'd say it's not so great a deal after tax is factored in.

I've been told, though, that the games must go, so the clearance prices eventually will drop again for what's leftover, now that the main titles like Ratchet and Clank, SC IV and MGS4 are gone.

[quote name='Lord Hamm']Unfortunately the new Entertainment coupon excludes games....[/quote]

Didn't know that. (Didn't read the fine print.) That's a real shame, because there's really no other reason to go to Radio Shack except for buying clearance games. I can see where the exclusion makes sense. If Radio Shack is clearancing out games, corporate would know to exclude games to avoid losing even more money from a product that's already well below cost.

Radio Shack certainly has been a sweet ride, so thanks to the OP. I've gotten a ton of deals from all over, but I'd rank my deals at Radio Shack this holiday season as the best. I've gotten top-flight elite games for a small fraction of their price, especially thanks to the coupon deal, which saved me an additional $30 on already cheap games and XBox accessories, such as the wireless headset.

Again, a hearty and sincere thanks! :applause:

[quote name='drsuper23']Does anyone have the catalog number for the 360 holiday elite bundle? I need to get a second unit for the bedroom.[/quote]

Didn't see it on the RS site, but I wouldn't buy from there now that the 10% deal is off and most Elites are wiped out from the stores.

Check out buy.com's elite. buy has a 5% off coupon, which will save you $20 off of the $398 price tag.

I went to six RadioShacks today in search for MGS4 at $19.xx.
I knew it'd be a long-shot but I had to try.
At least I was able to snag a copy of GTA4 for $29.xx.

Thanks OP.

[quote name='dap1mp13']I went to six RadioShacks today in search for MGS4 at $19.xx.
I knew it'd be a long-shot but I had to try.
At least I was able to snag a copy of GTA4 for $29.xx.

Thanks OP.[/quote]

Don't break the seal on that game! Before you do, give Blockbuster a try and see if you can snag a B1G1 free copy of GTA IV and another game.

Many folks have gotten near new copies of GTA IV for only $14.99, in addition to a free game to boot.

[quote name='Telemakhos']Don't break the seal on that game! Before you do, give Blockbuster a try and see if you can snag a B1G1 free copy of GTA IV and another game.

Many folks have gotten near new copies of GTA IV for only $14.99, in addition to a free game to boot.[/quote]

Thanks for the advice Telemakhos. I just read through a lot of the BBV thread right now.
B1G1 at BBV has been going on for a while now, I live in NYC and apparently theres a lot of "CAGers" and "SlickDealers" here :evil:.
I never get on these deals fast enough.
I've got a feeling I won't be too lucky scoring a copy of GTA4 (and another game) for $15. But I'm gonna give it a shot tomorrow.

Good thing I didn't open the shrink wrap yet!

From the 3 I've checked, sorta.

Two had tiny sections on the wall alongside regular items. The one in the mall near me just had a locked case on top of a display rack that contained the remnants of their selection. A few DS, PS2, and PS3 games.

The only thing I found of note was a $15 wired 360 controller.

Picked up:

MGS4, Ninja Gaiden II, Ratchet & Clank and Lego Indi at the store on 79th Street next to I95 near downtown Miami. Left an extra copy of MGS4. The lady there was really nice and brought out their entire selection which was inside a crate.

i went to mine and saw rachet and clank, gt5 prologue and assassins creed (i only looked for ps3 games)..i asked the guy how much assassins was and he said ' uhh 20 or 30 bucks...then i asked if those were all of the games and he goes yeah.....

so i left.

[quote name='WTFer']I called 9 different Radio Shacks & they don't got a damn thing in stock![/quote]

Yeah, when I got the good games, there was usually only 1 or 2 in stock anyway. That and the fact that this clearance has been on like 3 weeks means most ppl will just be disappointed.

Thanks, dudes. I picked up two wireless sensor bars for $1.87 each (Nyko brand). My Intec burned out yesterday; so, now I have one and a backup.

[quote name='yukafls']Damn.......receipt scan???[/QUOTE]

No need. Other people have reported it being that cheap as well.

[quote name='yukafls']cool, guess I will have to check around[/QUOTE]

Good luck. I haven't seen any since they were $14.97.

Saw Pokemon Mystery Dungeon explorers of Time for $7, I'll pick someone up a copy for $13 shipped if they want (if they have any left, only had one left when I checked, but I can't imagine anyone buying it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back