Radio Shack Clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

badnewsbrown

CAG Veteran
I'm not sure if this is YMMV but my radio is have a good clearance sale.

I just picked up Super Mario Galaxy for 30, LOZ:pH for 15 and a backup DS battery for 5.

There's a bunch of other stuff for sale too so you guys might want to look out for it.

[quote name='Pck21']I don't go to Radio Shack for many different reasons. For one, the employees are complete tools. I was greeted and then told that they had flash drives on sale (I told them I was looking for games).[/QUOTE]

What an awful, awful company.

Man, I've had nothing but good service from Shack employees, and I've been going to Radio Shacks for my entire life of almost 40 years. If you're lucky you get some old guy who knows every item in the store like the back of his hand, but sometimes you do get stuck with some idiot kid who knows nothing.

It used to be a mecca for do-it-yourselfers like me (and my dad you passed it down), but virtually no one goes there to buy electronic parts anymore. They used to be filled with every component you could ever need for any project you were working on. They used to stock 50x the number of items they do now, but I guess the internet makes ordering parts so cheap and easy that it's putting them out of business. That and the fact no one builds or fixes things anymore and just throws away electronics to buy new ones.

fucking FINALLY; I found a copy of Ratchet and Clank for $15.97. It was the actual game on display so it was probably the last copy.

[quote name='bmulligan']Man, I've had nothing but good service from Shack employees, and I've been going to Radio Shacks for my entire life of almost 40 years. If you're lucky you get some old guy who knows every item in the store like the back of his hand, but sometimes you do get stuck with some idiot kid who knows nothing.

It used to be a mecca for do-it-yourselfers like me (and my dad you passed it down), but virtually no one goes there to buy electronic parts anymore. They used to be filled with every component you could ever need for any project you were working on. They used to stock 50x the number of items they do now, but I guess the internet makes ordering parts so cheap and easy that it's putting them out of business. That and the fact no one builds or fixes things anymore and just throws away electronics to buy new ones.[/quote]

Yeah, I remember those days. Well.... as far back as I can. :lol: But yeah, I remember how empty my RS seemed after I walked in there for the first time in a few years, a couple of years ago. Now the stores just have everything on the wall shelves, with a bunch of empty floor space.

Found Assassins Creed at my local store for $14.97. I hope that's an ok deal. I believe its an older game, but as a new PS3 owner, I'm hoping it's a good one to own.

Found Ratchet and Clank for $16 at the Shack. I've made out like a bandit at this sale, hitting Lost Odyssey, R & C, MGSIV, and Soul Caliber IV. Most of the Shacks still have clearance games, looking to see if I can get a cheapo Guitar Hero tomorrow.

[quote name='SPELLPLAQUE']lost odyssey is very good but it becomes great after it's installed
Very similar to ff12 on ps2[/quote]

Lost Odyssey is not way at all anything like FFXII on the PS2 nver compare those two again lol..

It is more like FFX on the PS2 if you want to compare it to any game.

picked up Lost Odyssey and played it last night. i really like it so far! will definitely be worth the $20. I'm also tempted by the Rock Band PS3 bundle that i don't need at all lol

Saw the following at my local RS all for the PS3..

NCAA Football 09 - $14.97
MLB 2k8 - $7.97
GTA IV - $29.97
Soul Calibur 4 - $19.97

[quote name='rawdog805']Saw the following at my local RS all for the PS3..

NCAA Football 09 - $14.97
MLB 2k8 - $7.97
GTA IV - $29.97
Soul Calibur 4 - $19.97[/quote]

good lord! where? what city? anyone seen ncaa09 in atlanta?

mmm i called my local radio shack and they told me their gtaIV ps3 version is 30 bucks. I've seen gtaIV at much lower prices in the posts however. If he scans the price, will it ring up with a clearance price or is this strictly a ymmv thing going on ?

[quote name='riddler']mmm i called my local radio shack and they told me their gtaIV ps3 version is 30 bucks. I've seen gtaIV at much lower prices in the posts however. If he scans the price, will it ring up with a clearance price or is this strictly a ymmv thing going on ?[/quote]
It will ring up whatever price is in the system, regardless what is displayed on the tag.

When I was scanning the RadioShack site the other day I noticed that most of the games on the site were listed as "Web Only" which means that the catalog number listed ONLY works on the site. Several games that I had known were there in the past are no longer listed or have been relisted as web only.

I've never known RadioShack to recall products from the stores to sell on the website. Which would explain why so many games are being practically given away, when they are still selling for full price (or close to it) at other retailers.

Being that the games had limited exposure in the stores I don't doubt that they will not carry the games in store for much longer. Up until about 6 months ago I didn't even know they had games to sell. Maybe the ocassional cheap computer game collection, or something with another product tie-in, but not games for most modern home consoles.

Still RadioShack always surprises... It's not called the Sleeping Dragon of the Retail Industry for nothing.

[quote name='chuckywang']It will ring up whatever price is in the system, regardless what is displayed on the tag.[/quote]

so does the system have like a set price for the ps3 version of gtaIV? Sorry i just wanna know the definite price of the game before i drive all the way out there. I would love to get the game for under 20, but at 30 bucks i am not willing to get it. Thanks for any help

[quote name='riddler']so does the system have like a set price for the ps3 version of gtaIV? Sorry i just wanna know the definite price of the game before i drive all the way out there. I would love to get the game for under 20, but at 30 bucks i am not willing to get it. Thanks for any help[/QUOTE]

I scanned the PS3 version of GTAIV and it was $29.97. Maybe it was the 360 version that was cheaper?

Picked up GTA IV 360 today for $11.67, Opry Mills mall in Nashville. Never intended to get this game but couldn't pass up for this price. They also had Rock Band 2 band kit for PS3 for $75, seems like a killer deal but not a PS3 owner...

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone had any luck finding Xbox 360 titles within the Indianapolis Metro area?
I know I have a better chance of winning the lotto than finding a store with Soul Calibur 4, but I'm open to finding something else that I may take a chance on.

[quote name='ElfKicker']Picked up GTA IV 360 today for $11.67, Opry Mills mall in Nashville. Never intended to get this game but couldn't pass up for this price.[/quote]

:shock:WTF, really?
One of the best games of '08, plus the DLC will be released on Feb. 17th for $20. Once you start playing, you won't stop until you're finished -- it's that fucking awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='luvmysegadc']
:shock:WTF, really?
One of the best games of '08, plus the DLC will be released on Feb. 17th for $20. Once you start playing, you won't stop until you're finished -- it's that fucking awesome![/quote]

$11.97 actually, just checked the receipt, I'm sure it is an awesome game, been eyeing it for awhile since Metacritic puts it at #1 for 360 games. I still have HL2 and GOW to finish, but now I'll have GTA waiting too. So awesome finding new games for prices I know Gamestop won't match used for a long time...

still got to pick up GH3 for 360 and GH:A for 360. this kid bought the last GH:A in my store today. i was gona buy it too. but there are bunch left in my district. i need to get that GH3 tho. thats real scarce.

[quote name='ElfKicker']$11.97 actually, just checked the receipt, I'm sure it is an awesome game, been eyeing it for awhile since Metacritic puts it at #1 for 360 games. I still have HL2 and GOW to finish, but now I'll have GTA waiting too. So awesome finding new games for prices I know Gamestop won't match used for a long time...[/quote]

I hear ya. My backlog is fucking ridiculous -- it spans over 5 consoles!!! I need to finish HL2 also. Maybe I'll get to it today (good thing my original Xbox is still connected :lol:).

I hope WA (state) will have any GTA's for 29.99 (PS3) last time i went only XBOX and they had the ps3 right next to i for regular price

[quote name='luvmysegadc']I hear ya. My backlog is fucking ridiculous -- it spans over 5 consoles!!! I need to finish HL2 also. Maybe I'll get to it today (good thing my original Xbox is still connected :lol:).[/quote]

Haha, same here. I have multiple unopened games for PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP, Wii, DS, and PC. It's really hard to get through everything. :whistle2:#

Today, I went to my local store and it is bone dry. No games clearance or other wise. I should have talked to my friend that worked there but money is too tight to buy just anything. Especially when I only own a Wii and DS Lite.

Saw a few great deals at the Alexandria, KY RS. GTA IV 360 for $11.97, plus PSP games God of War for $20 and Hot Shots 2 for $10.

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']Anyone know if NBA 2k9 is on sale?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']So has anyone seen NBA 2k9 on sale?[/QUOTE]

No and no.

I hate YMMV clearances. I finally found a store that had GTAIV (360) in stock and instead of it ringing up $11.97 as others have reported, it scanned for $29.97, the same as the PS3 version. Lame!

[quote name='Mugen Power']Haha, same here. I have multiple unopened games for PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP, Wii, DS, and PC. It's really hard to get through everything. :whistle2:#[/quote]

7 systems!?...well played, worthy adversary.:applause:

Picked up:

Guitar Hero Aerosmith game only (360) - $11.97
Guitar Hero On Tour bundle (DS) - $13
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (Explorers of Time maybe) - $6

Picked up the (Arcade-only pack-in) Sega Superstar Tennis / XBL Arcade Pack (the one w/ Uno, Undertow, and a couple others) for $5.97 at the Salem RS. Pretty sure it was a mistake, as there was no barcode to scan - so the guy just keyed it in.

There was a Guitar Hero 3 bundle w/ wirelss guitar (PS3) for $27 and change - nice deal.

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']haha alright. Thank you buddy.[/quote]
You can get NBA 2K9 for 29.99 at GameStop. It's $39.99 but if you print out the coupon at 2kgames.com/coupon you can get it $10 off.

got ncaa football 09 for 11.97 today and madden 09 for 14.97.
Price matches at best buy rock.
Sku's to take into radio shack is 260-1134 for ncaa and 260-1137 for madden.
The guy just gave me proof of the price, since they didnt have it. took a buisness card and went to best buy. madden he marked down, sold it to me, returned it and let me keep the reciept. nice guy.
also price matched warhawk from sears too at best buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back