Radioshack Trade 5 "electronic devices" get min 25$

stoned99

CAGiversary!
Feedback
128 (100%)
I've been watching this promotion for a day or two waiting to see what items qualified for trade

http://www.radioshack.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=24767316&utm_campaign=Bigger_Better_Event&utm_medium=RSCOM&utm_source=HMPG&utm_content=HMPGA1

Trade in 1 qualifying item, get $5 gift card
Trade in 2 qualifying items, get $10 gift card
Trade in 3 qualifying items, get a $15 gift card
Trade in 4 qualifying items, get a $20 gift card
Trade in 5 qualifying items, get a $25 gift card

RULES:
1) Item must be in working condition
2) Customer must present drivers license and store must participate in RadioShack trade and save program
3) Customer must process all applicable trades at one time. Customers cannot trade in one device at store A and then trade in three additional devices at store B.
4) Customers will receive credit off their purchase or a RadioShack gift card, whichever they device.
5) Customers cannot process over five items per drivers license(Not sure how we are tracking that?)

Folks on Fatwallet have been reporting trading all sorts of junk, the easiest being random old headsets. What just caught my eye is the fact it includes video games, so let the games begin.

Apparently not all RadioShacks are participating so make sure to use the store finder on this page

http://www.radioshacktradeandsave.com/online/home/index.rails?enc=MEQZVP0ui+5eEOTewsoVjAEajFfsb5NjSFklWIryrbEvHjnaPiuIIEFkh2t5fcFoGYvsiNNfovyUhX6I/DbcD2UKX1TN40wI1Cc5SErlro6rqVCOwaQ1fnz6JvvQxI3hecVZOQeuUtlziJrZgtL29gtrYkCv4Q2f7xCM6yK1g4Q=

pdf link of the promotion taken from what looks like screen shots of IE

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5-rGI2xT8n_MVlERVBoS19yam8/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited by a moderator:
It's to bad the only people doing this promo are cags. It really is a great promo for regular Joe's. They clearly just want to get us in the store. Too bad their own employees dont care enough to stop us from getting Amazon cards. Too bad for them that is. Its great for us.
uhhh, op got this from SD (thread over 60 pages, 100k views...)

Well I meant "cheap" people. People this promo clearly isnt meant for. Sorry for insulting you guys by saying you're exactly like Sders.

[quote name="stevocbk24" post="11438233" timestamp="1389540852"]Couldn't find a store in Green Bay or here in Oshkosh. Shitty, I know of 6 Radioshacks between here and there lol.[/quote]

It might be worth going into a store anyways. The link in the op said no stores near me were participating, but when I asked in store they said they were.

I actually saw a commercial for this promotion yesterday, I think on Cartoon Network or such. Still don't think it will garner them foot traffic as much as the trafficking of landfills worth of useless electronics.

Why in the world are they allowing people to buy gift cards, LMFAO?!  Isn't the point to get you to shop there? Oversights like this are probably why they're in such bad shape. Speaking of which, I'm surprised they're still in business. Literally see no one in them any time I pass by. Quite depressing. 

bought 40 assorted dollar store earbuds and traded in some of my own. Had my wife,my buddy and myself do trade ins at different stores, now i'm sitting on $250 in Amazon gift cards. Man, this is amazing lol

I was shot down at my store, manager said it has to be electronic devices and video games don't count. I spoke to someone earlier this morning who said video games would work fine so I'll have to try again this week.

bought 40 assorted dollar store earbuds and traded in some of my own. Had my wife,my buddy and myself do trade ins at different stores, now i'm sitting on $250 in Amazon gift cards. Man, this is amazing lol
Different stores? People said that them entering your DL was a barrier to disallow multiple trade ins from one person.

I was shot down at my store, manager said it has to be electronic devices and video games don't count. I spoke to someone earlier this morning who said video games would work fine so I'll have to try again this week.
I honestly think this comes down to a lot of managers being uninformed. At my store it took about 30 mins to do and the manager printed like 10 copies of the promo and looked thru the paperwork the whole time trying to figure out what to do. the gals were cool as hell tho, just didn't know how to do it at first.

I know this promo is going on so they can get some asses into the building, but it's pretty useless if there's nothing good to buy or people are just getting Kindle, itunes, xbox/psn cards, ect.

I think this promo falls under the good idea, bad execution category (radio shack in a nutshell)

Your math doesn't add up. and it's driving me nuts.
:D/ :D/ :D/

btw I was told by my store is was only one transaction per D/L so I agree the math doesn't + up. Because if it was only one transaction per store then every store in my area would be getting my 50c sports games!

I honestly think this comes down to a lot of managers being uninformed. At my store it took about 30 mins to do and the manager printed like 10 copies of the promo and looked thru the paperwork the whole time trying to figure out what to do. the gals were cool as hell tho, just didn't know how to do it at first.

I know this promo is going on so they can get some asses into the building, but it's pretty useless if there's nothing good to buy or people are just getting Kindle, itunes, xbox/psn cards, ect.

I think this promo falls under the good idea, bad execution category (radio shack in a nutshell)
It was just annoying cause I called not long before going to the store to make sure it was participating (couldn't find it online) and asked if there were any exclusions to which the employee just said it has to not be defective. I did bring in 5 PS2 games so maybe the manager realized t wouldn't make the store any money but they should put that in the exclusions then. Another reminder of why I don't shop at RadioShack, lol.

Ran into a junior detective today. After dragging my father in there he gave us shit about it. He still did the promotion, but that motger fucker is getting a survey. I one quote was "I hate this promotion because it only brings in people like you. People who wont ever come back." While this was the truth, you never treat customers like that.

Brought in 5 PS3 Madden/NCAA/NHL whatever games, an older guy played on the computer for like ten minutes then said those weren't in the system so they couldn't take them. I'll try the earbuds thing after I get off work Tuesday.

As much as I shy away from calling bullshit (unless it was a glitch of some sort), I'm pretty sure at least a few SD'ers would have tried this already and word would have spread like wildfire if it were possible.

I just bought 5 ps2 games at gamestop and tried to trade them in but the guy said none of them where in the system. Does anybody know what to do if the games aren't in the system?

I just bought 5 ps2 games at gamestop and tried to trade them in but the guy said none of them where in the system. Does anybody know what to do if the games aren't in the system?
Then I think he's not running the trade right. All they should have to do is put in what type of item it is (game, headphones, ect...) and it will give $5 for the item.

Then I think he's not running the trade right. All they should have to do is put in what type of item it is (game, headphones, ect...) and it will give $5 for the item.
Yeah, I thought someone said that it's separate from the regular trade-in stuff, so these people saying X isn't in the system is doing it wrong.

Dang it. How do I make them do it right then? :whistle2:( I tried to tell him that and he was like nope.

I didn't have a problem as far as my ID went. Stores are practically right next to each other though, one in the mall one outside
I'm pretty sure you didn't do what you claim you did. This promo has been going on for a while, and nobody has made menion that you could simply visit another store and trade in more items with the same ID.

Either way, 40/5 = 8, 8*25 = $200. To get $250 you would've had to trade in 10 of your own, which begs the question, why take in 10 items and buy 40 more? Seems a little forced. And you completed 3 separate transactions in 2 stores? You had 3 people do this, and yet there were 10 $25 GCs given out in total. So one of you did this 4 times and the others did it 3 times, eh? Yep. Cool story, bro.

Someone who already did it should try another store and let us know. Worse they say is no. I mean did anybody try twice and get turned down by ID?

Maybe if the games where on the "list" that the dude said my games where not on u could trade in as many as you want at any store? :)

I'm pretty sure you didn't do what you claim you did. This promo has been going on for a while, and nobody has made menion that you could simply visit another store and trade in more items with the same ID.

Either way, 40/5 = 8, 8*25 = $200. To get $250 you would've had to trade in 10 of your own, which begs the question, why take in 10 items and buy 40 more? Seems a little forced. And you completed 3 separate transactions in 2 stores? You had 3 people do this, and yet there were 10 $25 GCs given out in total. So one of you did this 4 times and the others did it 3 times, eh? Yep. Cool story, bro.
"bought 40 assorted dollar store earbuds and traded in some of my own" is my exact quote, guess you missed that though. Look, I don't know if it will work for everyone, I'm just saying what I did. If it helps someone, great, but I'm not going to argue over it.

I just went to my local radio Shack in the mall. There were no customers in the store (even though the mall was really busy lol) and two guys. The first one I asked about the promotion had no idea but the other guy spoke up and knew what I was talking about. He looked through my bag that I brought full of random electronics. I had 2 PC games in their and he said his manager said no to PC games earlier this week. So I did 5 items with my ID. Then went to gamestop and got a $1.99 360 game (they didn't have any ps2 games left), went back to radio Shack and did another 5 items with my wife and her id.

This is a great deal and a great post by the op but I am proposing the following revision to the thread title:

Radioshack Trade 5 "electronic devices" and 20 minutes get min $25.

Thoughts?

I just picked up 4 50 cent ps2 games, eye toy here at the flea market and am trading in an old xbox game. Hopefully there's no headache.

This is a great deal and a great post by the op but I am proposing the following revision to the thread title:

Thoughts?
Normally I'd agree, but my experience only took about 6-7 minutes, and I was the first person to do the trades at that store.

Thoughts?
Still faster than BBY because they don't take my thumbprint.

Thoughts?
My rep in LA knew exactly what he was doing and I was in and out in less than 10 minutes.

I went to 4 RadioShacks in Albuquerque. My friend and I hit up two and the first one only allowed ACIV and Ghosts, but then said only 360 games. The next one, the guy said "I know for a fact that we don't take games." He was a young 20-something guy, so the stubborness was too much for me to deal with when his manager wasn't around. The next one I brought someone else in and the girls in there all knew what the promo was and helped us out perfectly. 14 Xbox/Gamecube games and 1 360 game and three gift cards. I went to one more with a last person and they had signs up that had the promo deal on it and they were super helpful as well. 1 GameCube, 2 Xbox, and 2 360 games there.

If anyone has any trouble, pretty much just try to talk to a manager. The two that did do it were totally cool with everything. They offered either in-store credit or a gift card. Though I didn't bother with an Amazon gift card as there's a nice microphone I wanted online anyway.

"bought 40 assorted dollar store earbuds and traded in some of my own" is my exact quote, guess you missed that though. Look, I don't know if it will work for everyone, I'm just saying what I did. If it helps someone, great, but I'm not going to argue over it.
People that decide to push the bounds of promotions like this are usually why they don't get offered again, or they get killed off earlier than scheduled.

Thanks for possibly screwing up for the rest of us.

I traded my 5 games in. They had one $25 kindle card and a ton of $50 ones. For some reason the $25 one wouldn't scan right, so I just paid for a $50 one. I use amazon enough, and I only paid $2 for the 4 ps2 games.

Felt kinda bad after doing my trade, took them like 25 minutes and there was no one in the store during that time...
Look at the upside, the next time someone comes in there it will be a little less painless for the employees. They have to learn eventually the key is just being nice and letting them work through the process.

So is the $25 minimum an automatic promotion, or is there some set of steps the employees need to follow? The employee wasted my time saying the items (legit ps2 and ps3 games from my collection) would only get cents and / or they wouldn't qualify.

bread's done
Back