Radioshack Trade 5 "electronic devices" get min 25$

stoned99

CAGiversary!
Feedback
128 (100%)
I've been watching this promotion for a day or two waiting to see what items qualified for trade

http://www.radioshack.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=24767316&utm_campaign=Bigger_Better_Event&utm_medium=RSCOM&utm_source=HMPG&utm_content=HMPGA1

Trade in 1 qualifying item, get $5 gift card
Trade in 2 qualifying items, get $10 gift card
Trade in 3 qualifying items, get a $15 gift card
Trade in 4 qualifying items, get a $20 gift card
Trade in 5 qualifying items, get a $25 gift card

RULES:
1) Item must be in working condition
2) Customer must present drivers license and store must participate in RadioShack trade and save program
3) Customer must process all applicable trades at one time. Customers cannot trade in one device at store A and then trade in three additional devices at store B.
4) Customers will receive credit off their purchase or a RadioShack gift card, whichever they device.
5) Customers cannot process over five items per drivers license(Not sure how we are tracking that?)

Folks on Fatwallet have been reporting trading all sorts of junk, the easiest being random old headsets. What just caught my eye is the fact it includes video games, so let the games begin.

Apparently not all RadioShacks are participating so make sure to use the store finder on this page

http://www.radioshacktradeandsave.com/online/home/index.rails?enc=MEQZVP0ui+5eEOTewsoVjAEajFfsb5NjSFklWIryrbEvHjnaPiuIIEFkh2t5fcFoGYvsiNNfovyUhX6I/DbcD2UKX1TN40wI1Cc5SErlro6rqVCOwaQ1fnz6JvvQxI3hecVZOQeuUtlziJrZgtL29gtrYkCv4Q2f7xCM6yK1g4Q=

pdf link of the promotion taken from what looks like screen shots of IE

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5-rGI2xT8n_MVlERVBoS19yam8/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited by a moderator:
Just did this pretty sweet deal. Old cell phones and ear buds. Deal idea buy 5 earbuds at dollar tree for $5. Trade into the radio shack next door profit :)

Did you have another person trade for you or did you get them to do it twice?
Family member. Might ask some friends and other family members to get on it as well! PnT had a TON of sports games all $1 each. Pick 5 of those up and send em right to Radioshack for $25. Has anyone tried using a passport?

Man you guys are getting lucky!  I think my store had a manager who knew how to do it correctly (or was just taking it too seriously.)  I took in flash drives and video games.  

He instantly said no to the flash drives.  

He had to look up each video game individually to see it was accepted.  He said no old games (ps1, ds, psp) and didn't find my older sports xbox 360 games on the list.  He listed a few games they would accept, CoD Ghost - $8, Assassins Creed 4 - $5, etc.  Terrible trade in values.  

He started off by saying that the promo is only for phones and it's not a good deal.  This was all after I called ahead and the cashier looked up the promo and said that they do take ANY video game or electronic device, as stated in the ad.  Not sure if the problem is with the vague website, the strict manager, or both, but I can safely say that I am done with Radio Shack and their BS.  They're going under anyway.

I might try this out tomorrow. I got a stack of junk. Ill try with the crappy headphones first. Got an old Rio mp3 player(CD based!!!) too.

Is the 5 limit across all stores?

Man you guys are getting lucky! I think my store had a manager who knew how to do it correctly (or was just taking it too seriously.) I took in flash drives and video games.

He had to look up each video game individually to see it was accepted. He said no old games (ps1, ds, psp) and didn't find my older sports xbox 360 games on the list. He listed a few games they would accept, CoD Ghost - $8, Assassins Creed 4 - $5, etc. Terrible trade in values.

He started off by saying that the promo is only for phones and it's not a good deal. This was all after I called ahead and the cashier looked up the promo and said that they do take ANY video game or electronic device, as stated in the ad. Not sure if the problem is with the vague website, the strict manager, or both, but I can safely say that I am done with Radio Shack and their BS. They're going under anyway.
They have no idea what they are talking about. They are telling you their day to day norms and completely ignoring the promotion

I might try this out tomorrow. I got a stack of junk. Ill try with the crappy headphones first. Got an old Rio mp3 player(CD based!!!) too.

Is the 5 limit across all stores?
Yes. They enter your driver's license info and you are limited to 5 per DL. This is when having friends with nothing better to do pays off. ;)

Man you guys are getting lucky! I think my store had a manager who knew how to do it correctly (or was just taking it too seriously.) I took in flash drives and video games.

He had to look up each video game individually to see it was accepted. He said no old games (ps1, ds, psp) and didn't find my older sports xbox 360 games on the list. He listed a few games they would accept, CoD Ghost - $8, Assassins Creed 4 - $5, etc. Terrible trade in values.

He started off by saying that the promo is only for phones and it's not a good deal. This was all after I called ahead and the cashier looked up the promo and said that they do take ANY video game or electronic device, as stated in the ad. Not sure if the problem is with the vague website, the strict manager, or both, but I can safely say that I am done with Radio Shack and their BS. They're going under anyway.
Mine said no to flash drives and initially to games and my controllers. Then he went to call someone, maybe a manger, and see what this was all about. He returned and continued to say no to the flash drives and controllers but was cool with the games. Of course he told me he used to work at GameStop and before learning they would accept the games was like, "you know these are only worth like 75 cents, right?" and he was pretty thorough checking for scratches.

Did this myself a few hours ago. They took an old router, wireless receiver, 2 ps2 games, and an mp3 player. I did have to clarify with the the RS employee that it wasn't a straight trade-in though, but rather a part of this promotion and they double checked. I would highly suggest other CAGs to do the same if they run into issues!

i have a pile of old shit to take tomorrow. Some of it is probably worth $5 but its extras from garage sale lots.

The way I'm reading it, it appears to be one trade per DL.  Whether you trade 1 item or 5 items, it looks like one trade.

Took 2 stores to get this the work.  First store the girl was looking up items on the computer and was asking what the brand names where on my items.  She wouldn't take anything i had and i am pretty sure she had no clue on what she was actually looking at.  The other store i went to afterwards, the guy was really cool to deal with.  He hadn't done any trade in yet so i was his first one.  Was pretty simple and just trade in 5 games, (4 PC games (3) where the same title and (1) PS3 game).  Easy $25 amazon card.

I got screwed at my local store. Took in a bag full of stuff, laid out 5 things and he only rings me up for 3 items. I told him I had 5, and he goes "oops, let me see if I can change it" .. nope. $15 gift card for me. He tells me if my friend doesn't mind using his ID then I can trade in the rest of my stuff. WTF? Dumbass. Thinking about contacting corporate with an angry email, but is $10 Radioshack credit even worth the hassle?

Thinking about contacting corporate with an angry email, but is $10 Radioshack credit even worth the hassle?
I would love to see an "accurate" email about this promotion and someone not getting it to work...

Dear Radio Shack,

I was at store number ___ today trying to dump some games I bought from Gamestop for less than a dollar to get store credit that I can use to buy credit for Amazon. I don't think you guys took it in the arse enough and want to dump more of my worthless crap on you. Please fire the employee and give me more Amazon giftcards k?

I got screwed at my local store. Took in a bag full of stuff, laid out 5 things and he only rings me up for 3 items. I told him I had 5, and he goes "oops, let me see if I can change it" .. nope. $15 gift card for me. He tells me if my friend doesn't mind using his ID then I can trade in the rest of my stuff. WTF? Dumbass. Thinking about contacting corporate with an angry email, but is $10 Radioshack credit even worth the hassle?
Yeah. Employees need to know what they're doing. If they mess up, are told they have messed up, and still do nothing to change it, then yes, corporate should know about it. Getting your $10 is just a bonus.

I would love to see an "accurate" email about this promotion and someone not getting it to work...

Dear Radio Shack,

I was at store number ___ today trying to dump some games I bought from Gamestop for less than a dollar to get store credit that I can use to buy credit for Amazon. I don't think you guys took it in the arse enough and want to dump more of my worthless crap on you. Please fire the employee and give me more Amazon giftcards k?
Hypocrites always make this site a better place. I can guarantee that everyone here has done shady stuff at least once. Taking the moral high ground just makes you look foolish.

Hypocrites always make this site a better place. I can guarantee that everyone here has done shady stuff at least once. Taking the moral high ground just makes you look foolish.
Relax mom, I was just saying it really would be funny to see an email along that line. Tough crowd...

Dear Radio Shack,

Signed,

The CAG Family (all of us)

Dear Radio Shack,

Not so much the fact that I got rejected (because I didn't at all) -- the guy didn't bother testing anything or opening the game cases to make sure there was a disc in there -- I told him I had a bag full of items to fulfill the limit of 5 I was allowed. I laid out each item for him and he was like "okay", and then he still went ahead and only gave me credit for 3 items ($15 worth).

I nicely let him know that it should be 5 (for $25 worth if you're following along at home) and he admitted to "not paying enough attention", then said I should put the rest on my friend's DL "if he (my friend) was willing to do that for me". Of course he was, but that's beside the point. Don't slouch your job away then put it on my friend to pick up the slack and do the rest of my stuff for me/his screw up.

He did reject me on buying an Amazon gift card though, so he did do part of his job correctly.

Yeah. Employees need to know what they're doing. If they mess up, are told they have messed up, and still do nothing to change it, then yes, corporate should know about it. Getting your $10 is just a bonus.

Come on now. Stop acting like your time is important---as if you have a "real" job or something :p

Late to the party here. Have people had success trading in games without their original cases? And headphones? Also, does RadioShack carry kindle cards?

what are people buying if they don't allow kindle cards? I don't even know what radio shack sells. Batteries? Wires?

Wait, does ANY video game get you a 25 dollar gift card? I have some old PSP games....
YMMV .. some stores won't take any games, some only take xbox 360/PS3, and some will take anything you bring in.

just bring a printout of the trade in page that shows what's acceptable.

... and it's also just a $5 gift card (per item)

traded in 5 links crossbow traingin for 25 GC.

if your not seeing you game, go to the game console, "don't see game", there are 2 levels of this I think and it should go under "for recycle" and lists of games show up. You have to scroll for it.

traded in games yesterday 1 gamecube 2 wii 1 xbox and pgr4 for the xbox 360 picked up a $20 psn card and batteries (good deal 24 AA and 12 AAA)

Got denied at my local place. Tried to trade 3 generic earbuds and two gameboy advance games. He did the PC look up junk to "see" if anything was accepted. Oh wells. Ill try another store tomorrow.

Traded in 2 madcatz Fightpads 1 for ps3, 1 for xbox 360 that I got for free awhile back and Golden Compass Wii and ATK that I bought because of promos at GS and got a $20 gift card that I used on $20 for PSN. The employee was a little grumpy at first but by the end of the transaction he was overall pretty nice. Thanks OP!

Was able to do two transactions between a friend and I.  Traded a floppy disk drive, old flash drives under 1GB, some headphones from airlines, and two copies of Link's Crossbow training.  Then got $50 in Amazon Kindle Gift Cards.

I think radio shack is going to build a super duper shitty robot with all the stuff they are collecting and it is going to fire crappy video games at people. 

Successful here in East Peoria IL. Traded in 3 50c sports titles from GS, some old pc game, and an old set of iphone earbuds.

Believe it or not the cute gals doing the trade in said I was the first person to try it. Took a little bit for them to figure out how to do it, but received a $25 gift card after all said and done. Swiftly used gift card to buy a Kindle card lol.

I also lol'd because while they were doing the trade in they talked about when they think Radio Shack is going to go under.

Successful here in East Peoria IL. Traded in 3 50c sports titles from GS, some old pc game, and an old set of iphone earbuds.

Believe it or not the cute gals doing the trade in said I was the first person to try it. Took a little bit for them to figure out how to do it, but received a $25 gift card after all said and done. Swiftly used gift card to buy a Kindle card lol.

I also lol'd because while they were doing the trade in they talked about when they think Radio Shack is going to go under.
It's a done deal. They survive by preying on the uniformed to by shitty cell phone plans. They are basically everything that people hate about best buy without any of the good mixed in.

Traded in 3 $.50 football games I got from Gamestop and the headphones and car charger from this piece of junk. Less than $5 in credit into $25 in credit. Now to think about what I should do with it. I got $30 in Radio Shack credit over 5 years ago and still haven't spend a cent because there's nothing to buy.

Took the wife with me to radio shack tonight. It took the manager 20 minutes to get approval from his manager to process the trade. 10 old PC games later between my wife and I =$50 gift card.
They wouldn't let me get a amazon card but I will try another store for that.

Yeah, if the store you trade in at won't let you buy an Amazon or XBL or PSN card, just take the giftcard to a different store.

bread's done
Back