Radioshack Trade 5 "electronic devices" get min 25$

stoned99

CAGiversary!
Feedback
128 (100%)
I've been watching this promotion for a day or two waiting to see what items qualified for trade

http://www.radioshack.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=24767316&utm_campaign=Bigger_Better_Event&utm_medium=RSCOM&utm_source=HMPG&utm_content=HMPGA1

Trade in 1 qualifying item, get $5 gift card
Trade in 2 qualifying items, get $10 gift card
Trade in 3 qualifying items, get a $15 gift card
Trade in 4 qualifying items, get a $20 gift card
Trade in 5 qualifying items, get a $25 gift card

RULES:
1) Item must be in working condition
2) Customer must present drivers license and store must participate in RadioShack trade and save program
3) Customer must process all applicable trades at one time. Customers cannot trade in one device at store A and then trade in three additional devices at store B.
4) Customers will receive credit off their purchase or a RadioShack gift card, whichever they device.
5) Customers cannot process over five items per drivers license(Not sure how we are tracking that?)

Folks on Fatwallet have been reporting trading all sorts of junk, the easiest being random old headsets. What just caught my eye is the fact it includes video games, so let the games begin.

Apparently not all RadioShacks are participating so make sure to use the store finder on this page

http://www.radioshacktradeandsave.com/online/home/index.rails?enc=MEQZVP0ui+5eEOTewsoVjAEajFfsb5NjSFklWIryrbEvHjnaPiuIIEFkh2t5fcFoGYvsiNNfovyUhX6I/DbcD2UKX1TN40wI1Cc5SErlro6rqVCOwaQ1fnz6JvvQxI3hecVZOQeuUtlziJrZgtL29gtrYkCv4Q2f7xCM6yK1g4Q=

pdf link of the promotion taken from what looks like screen shots of IE

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5-rGI2xT8n_MVlERVBoS19yam8/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so are people getting giftcards out of this? The FAQ says:

WHEN AND WHERE CAN I REDEEM THE TRADE-IN CREDIT I EARN DURING THIS PROMOTION?

The instant trade-in credit that is earned as part of this promotion must be redeemed in-store at the time of the trade. The credit cannot be redeemed at a later date or on radioshack.com.

Did anyone get a amazon kindle card with there's? This rep wouldn't let me after getting my gc stating you couldn't do it on prepaid phone cards or gift cards. I am going to try to but it somewhere else

Anyone know if they're taking PS1 games or anything like that?  I have Madden 99 that is BEGGING to be traded in.  I have a few headphones that don't work that well anymore that I'm hoping they'll take without checking.

[quote name="georgebot84" post="11428595" timestamp="1389218266"]yeah, I did. If you got a gift card it will work.[/quote]
Yah that rep was stupid then after going to another store to get the kindle card, I realized she didn't ring me right so i only got 20. Not worth me driving back there.

My radio Shack took nothing? Roseville Michigan. They said it was only for old cell phones, "consumer electronics" I don't think they knew what was going on. :shame: The Reps (2) didn't even know what i was talking about. I'll try again another day i guess.

My radio Shack took nothing? Roseville Michigan. They said it was only for old cell phones, "consumer electronics" I don't think they knew what was going on. :shame: The Reps (2) didn't even know what i was talking about. I'll try again another day i guess.
It's a store by store basis. My store says the manager says no video games, only video consoles.

Confirmed that this works. I traded in an old clock radio, ps1 console, bluetooth headset, 3rd party PS3 controller and a gamecube game. 

They do have to verify everything works minus the video game, just had to be complete. They didn't verify the PS3 controller and just trusted me. The radio and console they plugged in to make sure it turned on. 

You can only do one transaction per license so trade-in 5 items at once so you can get $25. They gave me a gift card and i turned right around at bought a $25 Amazon gift card with no issue. Good for some tablet accessories.

Here was my experience at my Radioshack:

I first tried to trade in a couple keyboards, and they said they wouldn't take them.  They also said they wouldn't take any sort of headphones or computer mice.  Said it needed to be able to "power on."  They also said they wouldn't take my PC games I brought in.  They said they needed to be console games.  "We are looking for things we can resell," is what they told me.  haha. Fortunately, I brought in plenty of extra stuff in case something like this happened.

I ended up trading in 3 PS2 games, an old MP3 player (128 MB!!!!), and an old wired router.  

I traded in Heavenly Sword for PS3, two pairs of headphones, a beat up XBox 360 headset, and an original XBox controller. They wouldn't take this really old boxed up security system thing I had or a mouse and keyboard. I just ended up chucking that stuff. Now what to get?

I traded in Heavenly Sword for PS3, two pairs of headphones, a beat up XBox 360 headset, and an original XBox controller. They wouldn't take this really old boxed up security system thing I had or a mouse and keyboard. I just ended up chucking that stuff. Now what to get?
Hate to tell you this, but Heavenly Sword is an easy sell for $10 on eBay, I just sold one there.

TooPoor, on 08 Jan 2014 - 7:13 PM, said:
Hate to tell you this, but Heavenly Sword is an easy sell for $10 on eBay, I just sold one there.
I'd much rather take the easy $5 that I'm gonna spend on something else anyway, which is what it would come out to after fees and shipping.

Just got back from the shack.

They wouldn't take video games, only electronic hardware. I did manage to trade old promo USB drives and airflight earphone.

They all went into a box that had the most disgusting bukkake-ized keyboard. The thing looked covered by years of furious fapping.

Hmm, knew they took games, but not old crappy headphones, etc. I should be able to get some junk for the next time i pass by a RS then

Just got back from the shack.

They wouldn't take video games, only electronic hardware. I did manage to trade old promo USB drives and airflight earphone.

They all went into a box that had the most disgusting bukkake-ized keyboard. The thing look covered by years of furious fapping.
lol that made me lol anyway im going to try tomorrow i got stuff lying around time to make sumcredit lol

Wonder if they'd take my fiance's old vibrator? It's electronic hardware of sorts and it still kinda works....
I made this same joke earlier. Same gross minds.

I traded in 3 ATK and two ps2 games I bought for $.75. I then bought a $25 amazon card.

The associate was awesome and I was the first to do it. I will be going back tomorrow witg my wife and mother.

Got another pile of old stuff to take in with the wife.  She wants some music so going to trade in some stuff and get a iTunes gift card this time.

I had a very quick and seamless trade-in this evening, and I was also the first to do it at the store. I traded in 5 games I had picked up at GS through the Trade 2 promo over the past few months and got a $25 Amazon GC.

Thanks again for the heads-up on this, OP!

I traded in today with no hassle.  The girl at the counter kept smirking but the manager was cool. 

1.) An old pedometer I bought 5 years ago for $15 at Big 5; 

2.) A copy of Yakuza (PS2) with generic case and no manual or artwork (paid $4);

3.) A copy of Death By Degrees (PS2) with case/artwork/manual/demo disk (paid $5.50); 

4.) A copy of Hot Shots Tennis (PS2) with case/artwork/manual (paid $3.50); 

5.) A old pair of Samsung earbuds I got for free 7 years ago. 

Got a $25 Radio Shack gift card that I will use on something cool later on!   Thanks OP! 

I made this same joke earlier. Same gross minds.

I traded in 3 ATK and two ps2 games I bought for $.75. I then bought a $25 amazon card.

The associate was awesome and I was the first to do it. I will be going back tomorrow witg my wife and mother.
So, stop by Gamestop, pick up any 5 PS2 games for like a dollar or less each, then trade them in at radio shack for a $25 dollar credit?

I dug out some more airplane headphones, I knew they would serve some purpose someday when I decided to keep all of them :D

gonna try this friday with some old PS2 games that I will never play. I really wish you didn;t have to show your DL I would be gettin an xbox 1 for 50 bucks or less.

gonna try this friday with some old PS2 games that I will never play. I really wish you didn;t have to show your DL I would be gettin an xbox 1 for 50 bucks or less.
It's 5 items per DL. Unless you have a hoard of family members who don't mind having their DL swiped by RadioShack.

Anyone politely ask if they could trade in more than 5 items just to see?  Preferably someone who had a really good experience with their rep. 

thanks for the info guys, gonna give it a try at my local Radioshack tomorrow. time to get read of some old cheapy games i have collecting dust.

I have a Radio Shack in my small town and it comes up in the link in the OP. I should really hit them up with some headphones and stuff. I think I have an old SpongeBob mp3 player I got on clearance at Target years ago. And of course games...

I will just feel like a total jackass bringing that stuff in and having them laugh me out of the store though. I just don't see this actually working despite the successes I'm reading about here :lol:.

print out the websites promotion showing what they take, you need proof im going today says gamez are part of it time to unload tbese wii fits lol lll let you guys know how it went

well i do have plenty of useless old electronics.....seriously its a bit mind boggling. hell Ive got like 20 sets of headphones that i dont know why lol.

also do they take dvds? got some cheap 1 dollar crap dvds.

And that's why they're are tying the trade limit to 5 per DL, so people don't abuse the shit out of it.

Now, time to head to the storage unit to dig out a bunch of useless crap!

May have to take advantage of this to get rid of some of the PS2 and PSP games I snagged from Best Buy when they all clearanced out for $.79. I sold most of them on eBay for a huge profit but about 10 of them just can't get rid of even for $2. 

Wait, are people really getting away with trading old sports games? I still have about 40 GC/Xbox era games with 5 being sports games. Think I could get away trading in those?

Damn, Florida gets the shaft. Thnx, Zimmerman!

We do have some pretty aggressive laws regarding this stuff. In my area, at least. Best Buy and Gamestop require finger prints when trading in games. One best buy won't even accept trade ins without a receipt, lol.

I doubt I could do this with a straight face, anyway. Trading in old ass ps1 games and airline earphones? That's bold, LOLOL. To the guy with the used vibrator, PM me if you don't have any luck unloading.

bread's done
Back