Radioshack Trade 5 "electronic devices" get min 25$

stoned99

CAGiversary!
Feedback
128 (100%)
I've been watching this promotion for a day or two waiting to see what items qualified for trade

http://www.radioshack.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=24767316&utm_campaign=Bigger_Better_Event&utm_medium=RSCOM&utm_source=HMPG&utm_content=HMPGA1

Trade in 1 qualifying item, get $5 gift card
Trade in 2 qualifying items, get $10 gift card
Trade in 3 qualifying items, get a $15 gift card
Trade in 4 qualifying items, get a $20 gift card
Trade in 5 qualifying items, get a $25 gift card

RULES:
1) Item must be in working condition
2) Customer must present drivers license and store must participate in RadioShack trade and save program
3) Customer must process all applicable trades at one time. Customers cannot trade in one device at store A and then trade in three additional devices at store B.
4) Customers will receive credit off their purchase or a RadioShack gift card, whichever they device.
5) Customers cannot process over five items per drivers license(Not sure how we are tracking that?)

Folks on Fatwallet have been reporting trading all sorts of junk, the easiest being random old headsets. What just caught my eye is the fact it includes video games, so let the games begin.

Apparently not all RadioShacks are participating so make sure to use the store finder on this page

http://www.radioshacktradeandsave.com/online/home/index.rails?enc=MEQZVP0ui+5eEOTewsoVjAEajFfsb5NjSFklWIryrbEvHjnaPiuIIEFkh2t5fcFoGYvsiNNfovyUhX6I/DbcD2UKX1TN40wI1Cc5SErlro6rqVCOwaQ1fnz6JvvQxI3hecVZOQeuUtlziJrZgtL29gtrYkCv4Q2f7xCM6yK1g4Q=

pdf link of the promotion taken from what looks like screen shots of IE

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5-rGI2xT8n_MVlERVBoS19yam8/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited by a moderator:
I just did this and was able to trade in a couple of mice as well as a 500 megabyte USB flash drive, a fat XBOX game, and a PC game.  Staff seemed to know what they were doing.  I only had 3 receipts print out.  Apparently Radio Shack prints out "mail in rebates" and has to pack all this stuff up to mail back.  Took about 15 minutes total, and I walked out with an Amazon gift card for $25.  Great way to make some cash with junk laying around your home.

Will be calling Radio Shack tomorrow. I'm sure my brother and I can find ten useless electronics in our house to trade for a year of XBL

And here I was, about ready to get rid of my MAG and Haze PS3 games... guess they'll go back under my desk with the short leg. :whistle2:(

Be aware that this deal explicitly excludes all stores in the state of Florida. I just found that out the hard way. :bomb:
Are you fuck ing joking? Why does it exclude all stores in Florida?

Please don't say George Zimmerman, or the 2000 election, or the Miami bath salt cannibals/zombies, or Casey Anthony, or the insanely large amount of near-blind elderly people who can't even see over the steering wheel but are still driving.

Please don't say George Zimmerman, or the 2000 election, or the Miami bath salt cannibals/zombies, or Casey Anthony, or the insanely large amount of near-blind elderly people who can't even see over the steering wheel but are still driving.
Now that you put that all into one perspective for me, Florida really sucks.

Now now, old people have to go SOMEWHERE to retire in their golf carts.
It's the ones in the gigantic cars like Buicks that piss me off on an almost daily basis. They don't look when they back out of a parking spots either...

I don't mean to bash on Florida. I legitimately want to know why Florida stores are excluded from the Radio Shack Trade in deal. I just figured the first 5 responses would be some of the stuff from my spoiler.

I honestly laugh at all these misconceptions/jokes of Florida as if it were the bastard child of all the U.S. states. There's plenty great about this state and equally as many wrong things about it as the other states. ;)

Anyways, I heard the reason Florida is excluded is because of stricter pawnshop laws, but I don't know the specifics of it. That was just the explanation the employee from Radio Shack gave. 

It's the ones in the gigantic cars like Buicks that piss me off on an almost daily basis. They don't look when they back out of a parking spots either...

I don't mean to bash on Florida. I legitimately want to know why Florida stores are excluded from the Radio Shack Trade in deal. I just figured the first 5 responses would be some of the stuff from my spoiler.
From what i hear it has to do with state pawn laws. Don't really know the specifics though.

If you don't want to be made fun of for living in Florida then don't live in Florida.

I want to live in Florida..it's -13F with windchill where I live in Michigan...
Just go get some boiling water and toss it in the air outside. That'll keep you entertained.

Also one of the best practical jokes I ever played

Florida is America's wang, highest density rate of sex offenders in a state and so so lame. Let's break off the ground where it starts and send it back to Cuba.

I just called and my local Radio Shack is participating, and said any video game should be fine. Time to start searching for as much crap as I can find. I should have a copy of Sneak King around here somewhere...

Hmm, I guess I see what crap I can get rid of and if any stores are participating. Can finally get rid of Bionic Commando at least. 

If its not a hassle that is, if it is I'd rather save my time.

do they take 5 incomplete copies of link crossbow training? or does it have to be from a portable system?

Headed there later today here in Oak Harbor, WA.  Called they said they pretty much take anything.  Bringing a clock radio, ps1 console, bluetooth headset, 3rd party wii controller, and 3rd party ps3 controller.  Also bringing a couple Gamecube games just in case.  I'll report back later today.

Headed there later today here in Oak Harbor, WA. Called they said they pretty much take anything. Bringing a clock radio, ps1 console, bluetooth headset, 3rd party wii controller, and 3rd party ps3 controller. Also bringing a couple Gamecube games just in case. I'll report back later today.
isn't it limited to 5 items per drivers license?

do they take 5 incomplete copies of link crossbow training? or does it have to be from a portable system?
Officially they do take basically any recent console games like ds/ps2/ps3/xbox/360/3ds/wii and current consoles. Each store has their own requirements of trade in items depending on what the staff/manager chooses. My store would not take any video games even though they were listed and said they would only take in cell phones.

Just call or bring games in to see if a particular store will take them, if not try another store till you find one that will take the games.

isn't it limited to 5 items per drivers license?
Yes 5 items per drivers license and you can only do a trade once during this deal. Say you trade 1 item today, later/tomorrow you can not trade again. It's a good idea to bring in extra items just in case they deny taking them, so you don't waste you time to trade in less than 5 items.

Just got done trading a box full of stuff. They took the few video games I had, and a ton of old cellphones. Had headphones (over the head), computer speakers, bluetooth mouse that they didn't take, but made out with $50! Gonna put it towards a pre-order of a new game! :)

I just went in my break. And traded those free headphones you get from International flights. My store won't take video games.

I don't know how are you guys able to get $50, the system won't allow more than 5 items per ID.

And unless you have something that's worth nothing, I don't recommend it. Employees do not know what they are doing, the whole process was painfully slow. I returned to work a little late fortunately my boss is stuck in New York.

My dad, my brother and I just got back and they took everything I brought them - games, an old cellphone and a few headphones. The headphones were actually from Jet Blue Airlines and they still took them. Didn't inspect any of the stuff I brought them for scratches or how recent they were. Just took them all, no questions asked. Made out with $75, so I bought a year subscription card for XBL and have $15 left over, which I gave to my brother. My mother is going back in later to get rid of some more stuff once she gets home from work.

Awesome deal!  Here's a picture of the high quality titles that Radio Shack took off my hands:

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=77d2a5a919&view=fimg&th=14373269644d8fbd&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&attbid=ANGjdJ8M_oXPcX0tajyJ4eoSNOqFXsJ6wpN1VNfUb7EfnRjV9irYoNT-uItdXlRkNUdvIr_yzrQTiuPWI9Sws9K8EihPTDIcyZ7D80EqKI2jvjfvuW2cVABol4CYbBc&ats=1389206421288&rm=14373269644d8fbd&zw&sz=w1249-h493

I just went in my break. And traded those free headphones you get from International flights. My store won't take video games.

I don't know how are you guys able to get $50, the system won't allow more than 5 items per ID.

And unless you have something that's worth nothing, I don't recommend it. Employees do not know what they are doing, the whole process was painfully slow. I returned to work a little late fortunately my boss is stuck in New York.
It was me and my mother-in-law. They're strict on the 5 per ID clause

My radioshack took anything...

I brought in a non usb mouse, non usb keyboard, a usb hub, monoprice earbuds and a housephone.

GF brought 5x PC titles that were CD Key specific, they took it anyway.

We brought some other stuff just in case, but yeah lol... We watched them put in the items and it's just a fill in form where the associate just types in what kind of item it is, hits appraise and it says $5. He misspelled "mouse" to "moose" and he didn't care, just pushed it through. Said he's been doing a ton of these. He mentioned to me that someone tried to trade in a george foreman grill, and that's about the only thing they declined. Not sure if it's because it's not really a consumer electronic or it weighed more than 5lbs.

bread's done
Back