Radioshack Trade 5 "electronic devices" get min 25$

stoned99

CAGiversary!
Feedback
128 (100%)
I've been watching this promotion for a day or two waiting to see what items qualified for trade

http://www.radioshack.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=24767316&utm_campaign=Bigger_Better_Event&utm_medium=RSCOM&utm_source=HMPG&utm_content=HMPGA1

Trade in 1 qualifying item, get $5 gift card
Trade in 2 qualifying items, get $10 gift card
Trade in 3 qualifying items, get a $15 gift card
Trade in 4 qualifying items, get a $20 gift card
Trade in 5 qualifying items, get a $25 gift card

RULES:
1) Item must be in working condition
2) Customer must present drivers license and store must participate in RadioShack trade and save program
3) Customer must process all applicable trades at one time. Customers cannot trade in one device at store A and then trade in three additional devices at store B.
4) Customers will receive credit off their purchase or a RadioShack gift card, whichever they device.
5) Customers cannot process over five items per drivers license(Not sure how we are tracking that?)

Folks on Fatwallet have been reporting trading all sorts of junk, the easiest being random old headsets. What just caught my eye is the fact it includes video games, so let the games begin.

Apparently not all RadioShacks are participating so make sure to use the store finder on this page

http://www.radioshacktradeandsave.com/online/home/index.rails?enc=MEQZVP0ui+5eEOTewsoVjAEajFfsb5NjSFklWIryrbEvHjnaPiuIIEFkh2t5fcFoGYvsiNNfovyUhX6I/DbcD2UKX1TN40wI1Cc5SErlro6rqVCOwaQ1fnz6JvvQxI3hecVZOQeuUtlziJrZgtL29gtrYkCv4Q2f7xCM6yK1g4Q=

pdf link of the promotion taken from what looks like screen shots of IE

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5-rGI2xT8n_MVlERVBoS19yam8/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope this works, but i have a feeling the employees will have a hardass about it.

I have a few old PS1 and Genesis systems from craigslist lots and $5 is okay for them. it doesn't say it requires cables or anything. Are they allowing amazon kindle card purchases?

I think I've got some old PS2 sports games I got for a buck from GS in order to get some past deal there. This would be an awesome way to get rid of them if that really works. I will try it! Thanks OP!

Going to try my luck today with an old mp3 player, ps2 games and an old router. Hopefully they take them all. Thanks OP for posting this!

Traded in 2 OG Xbox sports games (paid .25/ea), 1 beat up bluetooth headset, crappy first act headphones (came with my daughter's $12 digital drum set) and a third-party ps1 controller.  No real problems, and the guy said I was the first for the store, so he wasn't worried about getting in trouble for taking anything he wasn't supposed to.  He did question a few things, but I had the trade page pulled up on my phone to show him what was eligible.

Hmmm.  When I view the promotion through the OP link I don't see anything about a Radioshack gift card even though other users have posted receiving one and the OP mentions it.  All I see is instant store credit applied to your purchase.  Did RS update the offer to correct their oversight or am I missing something?

I'm going to my RS and I just know that I'm going to not only embarass myself put get pissed off as well.

Hmmm. When I view the promotion through the OP link I don't see anything about a Radioshack gift card even though other users have posted receiving one and the OP mentions it. All I see is instant store credit applied to your purchase. Did RS update the offer to correct their oversight or am I missing something?

I'm going to my RS and I just know that I'm going to not only embarass myself put get pissed off as well.
I asked the same thing after noticing that last night, but decided to go in today and received a giftcard for $25 without even asking for one. It seems it's automatically prompted during the process.

I called my local one and they said no to games. Guess I'll have to find another way to get rid of these Xbox/PS2 games.

Traded in 2 OG Xbox sports games (paid .25/ea), 1 beat up bluetooth headset, crappy first act headphones (came with my daughter's $12 digital drum set) and a third-party ps1 controller. No real problems, and the guy said I was the first for the store, so he wasn't worried about getting in trouble for taking anything he wasn't supposed to. He did question a few things, but I had the trade page pulled up on my phone to show him what was eligible.
Came back into the thread to ask if anyone had luck with old console controllers and this was the first new post. This'll be even easier now.

Anyone have luck doing this more than once?
Nope, I read users that tried again with the same driver's license had a system denied message. If you have multiple licenses/IDs it might work like licenses from different states.
Yeah they scan your DL, which goes into the system. Surprisingly they plugged this loophole very well. So the follow up question would be:

Anyone have luck doing this with a passport?

Originally when I walked in to the store, the first employee I spoke to was very adamant about them not taking games for trade. Thankfully another employee knew about the $25 promotion and it went through without a problem. I'm guessing that if someone say's that they don't take games doesn't know (or fully understand) the promotion. Don't take "No games" as an answer too quickly. Either ask someone else, or explain the promotion. I don't see why they shouldn't take them.

Anybody know if they accept sd cards, usb drives, and desktop and notebook hardrives? Also anybody know about cords like component, composite and hdmi cords?

ppl on SD are saying you can buy kindle cards with the 25 dollar radioshack cards so im guessing thats the best thing to do :p

Nice work Sad Panda. Went last night to take the in laws out to dinner. Asked if we could make a pit stop at RS. My Father in law says..who shops at RS. We all chuckle. Tell them about the promo. They were down. So 4 transactions and $100 of GC later Jackpot ! We traded in 20 computer games ( all were from GameStop pennied out) . Some of the titles traded inwere Golden Compass , High School Musical 3 , Aion , Champions , CV Sudoku , Rouge Trooper , Total Overdose and Incredible Hulk. Love turning in trash for gold ! :)

I called my local Radioshack and asked if they were doing the promo and accepted games. I was told yes so I brought in the following:

Ridge Racer PSX (Disc Only)

Madden 97 PSX(Disc Only)

WCW/NWO Thunder PSX

Mortal Kombat Trilogy PSX

Mortal Kombat 4 PSX

The guy didn't even open the cases to look if the games were in there just counted to make sure I had 5 games. After I got the gift card I gave him a $25 Kindle card and was out in less than 5 min for the whole transaction.

I need to dig up some more crap I know I'll never play.

The website that checks if any of the stores near by do trade ins said I had none near. I called the closest one and they are doing the promotion. So it doesn't hurt to call.

I went in to ask about what games they take and they acted like they were only taking games from their radioshack trade and save website. I am going to try a different one and just bring in some stuff not listed on the website and see what happens.

sp00ge said:
I asked the same thing after noticing that last night, but decided to go in today and received a giftcard for $25 without even asking for one. It seems it's automatically prompted during the process.
Thanks for the confirmation. It was the push I needed to go in and I had no trouble at all.

the guy was like we cont know if we do the promo i borught a printout showing everything that is included even went on to say before they started that people have gotten turned away for games so i brought the print out just in case = ) i t worked so my advice bring a print out!! or a cellphone to pull up the promo if the try some BS that they cannot take the games and they cannot be games without cases but gamestop has wii fit for 89 cents plus it comes with club points (sometimes) just my two cents have fun!

These kinds of promotions always seem to bring out the worst internet deal hunters. The type of people who immediately try to figure out the sleaziest ways possible to get what they want. These are the people in Fairy Tales who swindle away the family cow for a few "magic" beans.

"It doesn't say in the rules I can't trade in 5 rocks. I will try that when I get off work."

These kinds of promotions always seem to bring out the worst internet deal hunters. The type of people who immediately try to figure out the sleaziest ways possible to get what they want. These are the people in Fairy Tales who swindle away the family cow for a few "magic" beans.

"It doesn't say in the rules I can't trade in 5 rocks. I will try that when I get off work."
Radioshack seems to be clearly doing this as a way to get people into their stores and generate foot traffic. The terms are super vague, as in they'll take just about anything. But you can only do it once per drivers licence so that limits abuse.

Hey Joey will these rocks count?
800px-PetRock_Box.jpg

I called my local Radioshack and asked if they were doing the promo and accepted games. I was told yes so I brought in the following:

Ridge Racer PSX (Disc Only)

Madden 97 PSX(Disc Only)

WCW/NWO Thunder PSX

Mortal Kombat Trilogy PSX

Mortal Kombat 4 PSX

The guy didn't even open the cases to look if the games were in there just counted to make sure I had 5 games. After I got the gift card I gave him a $25 Kindle card and was out in less than 5 min for the whole transaction.

I need to dig up some more crap I know I'll never play.=
damn i see some game there i would have wanted lol

These kinds of promotions always seem to bring out the worst internet deal hunters. The type of people who immediately try to figure out the sleaziest ways possible to get what they want. These are the people in Fairy Tales who swindle away the family cow for a few "magic" beans.

Who doesn't love magic beans over a cow?

Just to let you know they do take rocks. The guy thought I meant Rock Band but I corrected him no Rocks like in a garden and he said yes we do. I came back with some and a friend. Trade worked perfectly and he didn't say the size of the rocks so brought 5 pebbles for another $25 Kindle card.

This is better than trading old games and cheaper.

Let us know how it works out for you.

@SonicGamer

Which game? The games I traded in were just collecting dust.

Thanks OP!  Went to Dry Ridge KY Radio Shack and had NO problems trading at all.

Here is what I traded in.

Old Pair of AM/FM Radio Headphones

Jax PS2

Marble Madness Gameboy

Madden Football (forgot the year) PS2

Old Router

They gave me a 2 meter long receipt for the trade in that took a minute to print. Had to sign two sheets of paper plus the other 2 meter receipt that they kept.

I think this is due California pawn shop laws, which I'm sure is made intentionally to waste paper and piss off people trying to get a quick trade in transaction.

I tried trading in gamecube games and PS2 games but the guy couldn't find it in his computer to trade it in. As a result I traded in three copies of Sports Champions and Two Copies of Rockband. :beer: My store didn't have any limit to amount of same copy of a videogame. :whistle2: The cashier and I had a great conversation about our days of playing Rockband and how much more difficult it is to find instruments for em these days. 

Thanks OP for the Awesome deal can't believe this isn't on the front page anymore!

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh, this is what I get for being lazy yesterday. I called to confirm that they took video game trade-ins yesterday and of course I go in today and they said that as of this morning they got a notice to stop taking video games as trade-ins for the promo due to the large volume of games they've had traded in. It's not nation-wide so don't panic, just my store. I guess I'll have to find a crapton of flash drives and headphones instead.

Thanks for the info OP, was able to get some family to go with me and grabbed 3 amazon cards. Took a bunch of pc games and og xbox games.

Loaded wuetion but does anybody know if they would take old scrap computer parts that have went bad. I have two boxes full of scrap parts from where I tore computers apart and rebuilt them. Heck I even have a floppy drive or two. Lol.

What can the kidle card be used towards? I never really used one before as I have only had my Kindle for a few weeks.

Loaded wuetion but does anybody know if they would take old scrap computer parts that have went bad. I have two boxes full of scrap parts from where I tore computers apart and rebuilt them. Heck I even have a floppy drive or two. Lol.

What can the kidle card be used towards? I never really used one before as I have only had my Kindle for a few weeks.
Kindle card is basically just an amazon gift card can be used for anything via amazon

Thanks Zalaki. I have two Radio Shacks near me and I just found out that neither one is doing this.

EDIT: Correction for some reason the mobile version showed no stores for me but when I checked on my laptop it showed that the store 5 miles away from is participating and I am in luck because it is in a strip mall with Gamestop. Now to dig the box of scrap electronics out from under my bed and hopefully cash them in.

bread's done
Back