Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fist of Plastic, FREE on PSN, ends 5/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
On US PSN store. Normally $9.99.
Check under New Releases under the Spring logo.
It's up, and it's free.

11kgxi1.jpg

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMZvqgxK3S8

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, the beauty of PSN is that you can create a PSN account even if you don't have a PS3 (maybe use your friend's?). So you can collect all of the freebies to your PSN account until you do decide to get a PS3, how cool is that?

I don't think you can do that with the Xbox 360, or can you?

[quote name='Serpentor']Actually, the beauty of PSN is that you can create a PSN account even if you don't have a PS3 (maybe use your friend's?). So you can collect all of the freebies to your PSN account until you do decide to get a PS3, how cool is that?

I don't think you can do that with the Xbox 360, or can you?[/QUOTE]

Can you actually associate games or anything with your PS3 without a PS3 though? It doesn't seem like you can, but maybe I don't know.

You actually sort of can now with the Xbox, from Xbox.com. Mostly useful for getting stuff ready to download from a more useful PC based interface (and for if you don't have your Xbox at work :D )

[quote name='Serpentor']Actually, the beauty of PSN is that you can create a PSN account even if you don't have a PS3 (maybe use your friend's?). So you can collect all of the freebies to your PSN account until you do decide to get a PS3, how cool is that?

I don't think you can do that with the Xbox 360, or can you?[/QUOTE]
You can create a PSN account and redeem promo codes on a PC with no problem. However, I don't think you can actually buy things from PSN on a PC yet. I don't see a way to add stuff to a shopping cart without a PS3.

You can create a Xbox Live account and redeem stuff and even buy stuff on a PC. I'm not entirely sure though.

I didn't know you could redeem codes for PSN stuff on PC. Is that on Playstation.com somewhere? I can't find it.

You can definitely buy stuff from Xbox.com now and redeem codes. Handy to just cut and paste stuff between Amazon and Xbox.com, instead of having to go through the clunky interface on the system!

EDIT: I should mention though that a lot of everything else about Microsoft's whole live system is terrible. I've heard horror story after horror story if you ever give them your credit card number. If you have it associated with a Hotmail account (pretty much the default) it seems to kill your account if you don't log in for a month or whatever the time out is, etc., etc. It's really poorly done once you have to deal with the larger "Windows Live" authentication system that Xbox Live is tied in to.

Well, the difference is, you can be a cheapass with the PSN... You create one on your friend's PS3 and keep collecting the free stuff until you do get a PS3. It doesn't cost your friend a dime (maybe his/her bandwidth, oh and hdd space of course, but you don't have to install them :), as a matter of fact, after DL the free stuff, delete them :lol:).

With the Xbox 360, i don't think you can collect anything free w/o owning a Xbox 360 first. No, you can't create a Xbox 360 gamer tag on your friend's Xbox 360. However, you could do so with an additional Xbox 360 hdd...

I'm just throwing my cheapass cents. So you know, for those of you don't have a PS3, you can still get Rag Doll Kung Fu for free (the trick is to use a friend's PS3 with noting else to buy).

[quote name='Serpentor']Well, the difference is, you can be a cheapass with the PSN... You create one on your friend's PS3 and keep collecting the free stuff until you do get a PS3. It doesn't cost your friend a dime (maybe his/her bandwidth, oh and hdd space of course, but you don't have to install them :), as a matter of fact, after DL the free stuff, delete them :lol:).

With the Xbox 360, i don't think you can collect anything free w/o owning a Xbox 360 first. No, you can't create a Xbox 360 gamer tag on your friend's Xbox 360. However, you could do so with an additional Xbox 360 hdd...

I'm just throwing my cheapass cents. So you know, for those of you don't have a PS3, you can still get Rag Doll Kung Fu for free (the trick is to use a friend's PS3 with noting else to buy).[/QUOTE]

you dont even have to DL it, all you do is start DL then cancel it but it will as purchased so you r good.

[quote name='darknight88']you dont even have to DL it, all you do is start DL then cancel it but it will as purchased so you r good.[/QUOTE]
:lol: that's even simpler (not even hoarding the bandwidth).

seriously though, even if you have a long term PSN account (for trophies duh), you can still create another account to sell perhaps?

Too bad that PSN don't allow you to change gamer tags yet. If so, damn, you're talking about cheapass making money on the side... For example, create a PSN account called it Its_Yours_Now and keep the free stuff in there :) Once matured, you can sell it for some cash, nice eh?

[quote name='lolmister']Okay deal but I'm gonna have to pass on it.[/QUOTE]

I guess he needs them to pay him to download it... ;)

Couldn't you download the media manager software they had for the PSP, that's supposed to be like the PS store for PC.

Anyway, i gameshared this but still, very nice promo, maybe more partnerships in the future?

I think this is a pretty great deal, but I can definitely say that free is about the right cost for this game.

Downloaded it this morning and played it some. Definitely not the kind of game I would have bought, but it still kept me amused for a little while.

This game never looked all that exciting to begin with. The physics engine is decent and the graphics stand out (but not as good as LBP obviously). Too bad the controls were like the last thing the developer attempted to work on... Very shoddy and way too loose.

Thank god it's free - I'd be pissed if I paid good money for this.

I grabbed that game and it's pretty good. Honestly I think I would have felt a little ripped off if I had paid for it. Luckily for free I can't really complain.

yeah....you could always just delete it.

local multiplayer is actually fun (i like the capture the fish mode)....single player is pretty bare bones

The theme song is worth it alone. The whole action-figure toy style is spot on; don't expect it to handle like any other fighter you've played before. Shame they couldn't get online multiplayer to work.

Thanks Sprint!

Hard to complain about the quality of the game if you get it for free. Personally, I'd just like it not to use the motion control so damn much - it's just annoying and some of the challenges are much harder due to that alone. I'd also like online multiplayer (I was actually fully expecting it)... but still, I can't really complain. It's friggin' free.

If I did pay $10 for it, I'd feel ripped off though. I'd say it's worth five bucks, at the most.

[quote name='Cuksis']Oh damn, glad I didn't buy this one. I bet the ones who bought this are gonna be pissed![/QUOTE]

Like me. I bought it two weeks ago....

The theme song is worth the download by itself, enchanting. Thank goodness the tutorial didn't overstay its welcome; off-the wall SIXAXIS implementation makes this one unique fighter that was obviously conceived to be played with friends which makes it all the more disappointing to see no online. Still, I appreciated the strong essence of Kung Fu Hustle molded into a spazz-ballet of toy action figures with spot on art design. Got a genuine laugh when the AI uppercut me into a pretzel, hard game to master with the SIXAXIS so I don't expect to unlock anything else other than the one challenge room I have; at least it got me excited for Invincible Tiger: The Legend of Han Tao.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSQoWnf3ym8

Good on'ya Sprint!

[quote name='thepik241']Does the game stay in the account's download list even after the promotion ends?[/QUOTE]
Yes. Anything you purchase (or download for free) stays in your history and can be downloaded again in the future without having to pay.

[quote name='mxpowar']Go to the Mall and then go to the "Estate" store there and then buy the Chamber space for $0.00.[/QUOTE]

I checked "HOME" out on the first day and never went back to it till now to get this new FREE apartment. Has there been any other free items offered? Thanks

720x480 on my tv so this game is not HD

I agree with an earlier poster the music is hysterical I like it alot. For free it's a damn great deal thanks for posting I wouldn't have had a clue to check for this if it wasn't noted. Everybody enjoy the free game and DL that shit hopefully we will get more.

[quote name='mrmagoo1974']I checked "HOME" out on the first day and never went back to it till now to get this new FREE apartment. Has there been any other free items offered? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Same here. Major motion sickness. :roll: I just found some free T-Shirts in the threads shop. Different selection for male and female avatars, just get them all. 10 total. Shopping interface is annoying. Have to click into each item to view price...

inFAMOUS
UNCHARTED
RE5
Patapon

Thank god I didn't buy this game. I hate the controls, gameplay and the slightly racist style of the game. Not even worth playing for the trophies and I'm a trophy whore.

This game is really fun with other people, it reminds me of super smash bros.....just wish it had online gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back