Ratchet and Clank collection $29.99 at Gamestop

[quote name='TaylorM06']I'll skip on the pre-order, with Black Friday right around the corner after this releases, I'll wait until then in hopes it will be on sale on BF.[/QUOTE]At this point it's clear that we no longer have to wait for BF for BF prices all the games I've recently scored for $20 or lrss is staggering. And even better stock/standing in line isn't an issue.

[quote name='Zmonkay']In Japan at least, Deadlocked will be a PSN HD Re-release. As it is primarily an online arena shooter, it wasn't included with the other three "traditional" Ratchet and Clank games on the disk. It's assumed it will come out in the US in the same fashion.[/QUOTE]

Dang! Japan gets everything! I'd like a red PS3, thanks.

They can bring it on! The more R&C, the better!:applause:

[quote name='ProppaT']If you preordered it from their website, sure, they'll adjust it. If you preordered it in the store, you're SOL as stores won't match prices with the website. Best to order off the website and move your preorder cash to another title or a giftcard.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily true. I just went into the store today and they said that it's $29.99 and I'll be getting it for that price.

Article at Gamespot: Sony said it is choosing to release the Ratchet & Clank Collection in North America later than Europe because the company has "something very special" planned for American gamers.

Could this mean we get deadlocked included?? hopefully so.

[quote name='roedaniel19']Article at Gamespot: Sony said it is choosing to release the Ratchet & Clank Collection in North America later than Europe because the company has "something very special" planned for American gamers.

Could this mean we get deadlocked included?? hopefully so.[/QUOTE]
My guess:
"something very special" = dynamic theme

[quote name='roedaniel19']Article at Gamespot: Sony said it is choosing to release the Ratchet & Clank Collection in North America later than Europe because the company has "something very special" planned for American gamers.

Could this mean we get deadlocked included?? hopefully so.[/QUOTE]

Hints on a blog from a member of the team at Insomniac seemed to point to it being a code for downloading Full Frontal Assault from PSN.

[quote name='GamingGator']Hints on a blog from a member of the team at Insomniac seemed to point to it being a code for downloading Full Frontal Assault from PSN.[/QUOTE]

That would be awesome!

[quote name='GamingGator']Hints on a blog from a member of the team at Insomniac seemed to point to it being a code for downloading Full Frontal Assault from PSN.[/QUOTE]
Man, all that for 30 bucks?! If that's true then this may be one of the best deals in my video game buying history.

I'm all over this collection like white on rice but I'm preordering from another retailer. GameStop licks sack.

[quote name='ijustw1n']I'm all over this collection like white on rice but I'm preordering from another retailer. GameStop licks sack.[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure everyone else here agrees and pre-ordered it from Amazon. lol

IMO Deadlocked was a step back from Up Your Arsenal. It not being included is not much of a loss.

I'd say that the Ratchet and Clank series has a slight edge over the Jak and Daxter series. I thought the first J&D game was garbage, but perhaps I am a bit biased since I played Jak II, and Jak 3 before playing it (they were much better games).

[quote name='skateraXVIII']IMO Deadlocked was a step back from Up Your Arsenal. It not being included is not much of a loss.

I'd say that the Ratchet and Clank series has a slight edge over the Jak and Daxter series. I thought the first J&D game was garbage, but perhaps I am a bit biased since I played Jak II, and Jak 3 before playing it (they were much better games).[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed Jak 1 in the HD Collection I bought. I've never played 2 or 3 before, so that's a good sign that I'll really enjoy 2 and 3 as well.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Thanks to everyone who got Amazon to price match. I NEVER pre-order games but $30 for these 3 games is really a great deal![/QUOTE]

I completely agree. I never pre-order games either, but for $30 I'm in. Thanks to those to got Amazon to price match.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I really enjoyed Jak 1 in the HD Collection I bought. I've never played 2 or 3 before, so that's a good sign that I'll really enjoy 2 and 3 as well.[/QUOTE]

Don't be so sure. They completely changed that series from 1 to 2. The first was more of a true platformer. The next 2 were very similar games to each other. They were both open world GTA-style games (I think the map stayed the same between the 2 even). There were still platforming sections on certain missions, but a lot of shooting as well. Think a more open world version of Ratchet and Clank.

I love platformers, but I preferred Jak and Daxter 2 and 3 over the original. I still liked the original, just not as much. I am waiting for that collection to drop in price so I can play all 3 of them again.

[quote name='TaylorM06']R&C > Sly > Jak (This isn't me trolling, btw). [/QUOTE]You shouldn't admit that.

These are on my list of "been meaning to play forever, but just have too many games so I never get around to it". Ditto Jak and Daxter.

It cracks me up to see all the "amazon pricematch" posts. That used to be the "Best Buy pricematch" posts. Poor Best Buy and GameStop no love for retail stores. Soon you will only buy games from Wal-Mart since all other retails stores will be out of business.

preordered through amazon. thanks cag, you guys rock and make this stuff happen.
also i really dug deadlocked and all the customization and you were pretty much a robot not a lombax, but it was good stuff. but wow overboard on customization i thought, but whatev. all great games!

I am also preordering from Amazon. I have been waiting for this collection patiently. Out of the platformer collections, this is by far my favorite. Although I will say I like Jak 1 and 3 a lot. Jak 2 was meh.

[quote name='oasisboy']It cracks me up to see all the "amazon pricematch" posts. That used to be the "Best Buy pricematch" posts. Poor Best Buy and GameStop no love for retail stores. Soon you will only buy games from Wal-Mart since all other retails stores will be out of business.[/QUOTE]

Not to disagree but I have a feeling it's more about having credit with a particular retailer.

That said... pre-ordered at Amazon because of my credit with them. ;)

[quote name='oasisboy']It cracks me up to see all the "amazon pricematch" posts. That used to be the "Best Buy pricematch" posts. Poor Best Buy and GameStop no love for retail stores. Soon you will only buy games from Wal-Mart since all other retails stores will be out of business.[/QUOTE]
The major difference between price-matching Amazon or BestBuy in this instance is that with Amazon, we get to lock-in the price. I mean, I could drive all the way over to BestBuy when it comes out to try to price-match, but who's to say that GameStop will still be selling the game for $30 when it's released? Atleast with Amazon price-matching, I know that when the game comes out, I'll be paying $30 even if GameStop ups the price again.

However, if it were a game that was already released, I'd probably be price-matching at BestBuy since I only work 15 minutes away. I'd have to pay tax whether it was Amazon or my local BestBuy, so I may as well get it that day at BestBuy rather than two days later with Prime.

[quote name='Kain']The major difference between price-matching Amazon or BestBuy in this instance is that with Amazon, we get to lock-in the price. I mean, I could drive all the way over to BestBuy when it comes out to try to price-match, but who's to say that GameStop will still be selling the game for $30 when it's released? Atleast with Amazon price-matching, I know that when the game comes out, I'll be paying $30 even if GameStop ups the price again.

However, if it were a game that was already released, I'd probably be price-matching at BestBuy since I only work 15 minutes away. I'd have to pay tax whether it was Amazon or my local BestBuy, so I may as well get it that day at BestBuy rather than two days later with Prime.[/QUOTE]

I'm in for the Amazon pre-order. I'm hoping the "special something" is either a download code for the new game or Dead Locked (which I think is an awesome game). The R & C series are probably my all time favorite set of games, and I take a couple of weeks once every year or so to play through the whole set (probably takes me about 40 hrs or so to go through the 6 or 7 games). It will be great to have the original set in HD.

Had no idea Amazon matched this - I checked yesterday and they had not. Since I preordered this with them a while back it looks like I'll need to call and have them adjust the price. As usual, their "automatic" pre-order price guarantee policy failed ;).

[quote name='oasisboy']It cracks me up to see all the "amazon pricematch" posts. That used to be the "Best Buy pricematch" posts. Poor Best Buy and GameStop no love for retail stores. Soon you will only buy games from Wal-Mart since all other retails stores will be out of business.[/QUOTE]GameStop can't go out of business fast enough for me.

[quote name='d8onausa']GameStop can't go out of business fast enough for me.[/QUOTE]

Unlikely, they had about a billion dollars in cash reserves late time I checked.

[quote name='io']Had no idea Amazon matched this - I checked yesterday and they had not. Since I preordered this with them a while back it looks like I'll need to call and have them adjust the price. As usual, their "automatic" pre-order price guarantee policy failed ;).[/QUOTE]

You don't need to call, they don't update the price on your order, but you WILL get the lowest price from order to ship.

[quote name='gueeds']You don't need to call, they don't update the price on your order, but you WILL get the lowest price from order to ship.[/QUOTE]

This.

Gamestop has pissed off quite a few people. That might have something to do with it. And best buy is going to overtake amazon if they keep doing what they're doing.

Let's be realistic, if Gamestop went out of business, Amazon wouldn't have offered this for $29.99. Even if you don't like Gamestop, having them in business is a good thing, with regard to competition - just don't buy there (or come in Gamestop threads) if you don't like the company and don't want to support them.

[quote name='io']Had no idea Amazon matched this - I checked yesterday and they had not. Since I preordered this with them a while back it looks like I'll need to call and have them adjust the price. As usual, their "automatic" pre-order price guarantee policy failed ;).[/QUOTE]

It usually takes until the day after the price drop for them to update automatically. Generally, it's whenever your Gold Box picks change over. Out here on the West Coast, my prices always update on purchased items about 2:00 a.m. If you don't see the updated price by tomorrow, then you should call.

[quote name='FromChaos']Gamestop has pissed off quite a few people. That might have something to do with it. And best buy is going to overtake amazon if they keep doing what they're doing.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy will be bankrupt and gone if they keep doing what they're doing. I don't hear many stories of people buying anything at full price despite BB offering some of the best deals since the holidays last year. That's not a sustainable retail model.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']Not to disagree but I have a feeling it's more about having credit with a particular retailer.

That said... pre-ordered at Amazon because of my credit with them. ;)[/QUOTE]

Credit was the reason I was hoping Amazon would PM.

I had a 10 dollar promotional credit that would expire on the 30th, them PMing this allowed me to get it for 20. So, score.

[quote name='bojay1997']It usually takes until the day after the price drop for them to update automatically. Generally, it's whenever your Gold Box picks change over. Out here on the West Coast, my prices always update on purchased items about 2:00 a.m. If you don't see the updated price by tomorrow, then you should call.[/QUOTE]

Oh well, I already did it.

Here's the response I got:

Thanks for contacting us about the recent price change on Ratchet & Clank Collection. I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you prefer to order from us. Unfortunately, we do not have a post-order price guarantee.

I've reviewed your order and see that your items haven't shipped yet.

Under the circumstances, I'll make an exception for you and will reduce the price of the item to the currently-listed price of $29.99. This is what you will be charged for the item when your order ships.

Yeah, OK, I didn't ask about a "post-order price guarantee" but whatever ;). The thing is, I didn't want to wait in case they bumped it back up again - I had to write them while the price was low or then they wouldn't believe me that it was ever lower. I know this probably counts against me as an Amazon CS mark even though it shouldn't, but I don't write to them that often (though that is now twice in 2 days so I probably ought to cool it for a bit).

[quote name='eLefAdEr']Not to disagree but I have a feeling it's more about having credit with a particular retailer.

That said... pre-ordered at Amazon because of my credit with them. ;)[/QUOTE]

Why does everybody have credit on amazon? Their trade in values are laughable most of the time (Resistance 3 = $2.50). I would dare to say that their TIV are the same or worse than GameStop on most games.

[quote name='d8onausa']GameStop can't go out of business fast enough for me.[/QUOTE]

Dumbest post of the year. Do you even have a brain? Imagine the thousands of people around the country that would lose their jobs (+benefits) and the impact that would have on unemployment (which is bad as it is). Think about EA, Activision, Microsoft, Sony and all the other developers that sell a significant amount of games through GameStop. Where else are you (and many others) going trade your "trash" for store credit?

[quote name='FromChaos']1. Gamestop has pissed off quite a few people. That might have something to do with it. 2. And best buy is going to overtake amazon if they keep doing what they're doing.[/QUOTE]

1. And Wal-Mart has pissed off more people than GameStop and I don't see them winning worst retailer of the year every single year. People get so "pissed off" with GameStop that they jump on deals when they see them (like this one) and then bitch at the company.

2. Best Buy is never going to overtake Amazon and will be bankrupt in a few years if they remain the same. Google it and read a Fortune or Forbes article.

[quote name='knight19']Let's be realistic, if Gamestop went out of business, Amazon wouldn't have offered this for $29.99. Even if you don't like Gamestop, having them in business is a good thing, with regard to competition - just don't buy there (or come in Gamestop threads) if you don't like the company and don't want to support them.[/QUOTE]

The only smart person in the room who understands how free markets and competition work.

[quote name='oasisboy']Why does everybody have credit on amazon? Their trade in values are laughable most of the time (Resistance 3 = $2.50). I would dare to say that their TIV are the same or worse than GameStop on most games.
[/QUOTE]

Not during their trade-in promotion the week before last Black Friday, it wasn't. Sent in 12 games for $200. No other major retailer was offering that in TIVs at that time.

And I live in California, so no sales tax is ~10% break right there (I know it's only a matter of time before this ends). I still declare this to the state every 4/15 but sometimes my numbers are off. ;)

Are there any pre order incentives or bonus's at any of the retailers? Im a big Ratchet and Clank fan but i expect this to hit about 20 bucks pretty soon like most of the collections do. I'll probably just wait if thats the case. Especially since i have all the games already and was planning on doing a reply from the beginning anyway

^_^x KD

Judging from Insomniac's tweets and the Japanese R&C trailer I'm thinking that in NA pre-orders get Deadlocked for free, (which will be a voucher to download from PSN Store). Just bought mine from Amazon. Thanks

[quote name='Kenshindono']Are there any pre order incentives or bonus's at any of the retailers? Im a big Ratchet and Clank fan but i expect this to hit about 20 bucks pretty soon like most of the collections do. I'll probably just wait if thats the case. Especially since i have all the games already and was planning on doing a reply from the beginning anyway

^_^x KD[/QUOTE]

Good luck with that. Not only is this R&C, but it will have 3D capability. There is too much demand for this. It will be like the Jak and Daxter HD collection. Jak and Daxter had a pre-order sale and, since then, has had a few bucks shaved from the $39.99, here and there.

bread's done
Back