Ratchet and Clank collection $29.99 at Gamestop

[quote name='oasisboy']It cracks me up to see all the "amazon pricematch" posts. That used to be the "Best Buy pricematch" posts. Poor Best Buy and GameStop no love for retail stores. Soon you will only buy games from Wal-Mart since all other retails stores will be out of business.[/QUOTE]

Can I pricematch a preorder at Best Buy? I'd like to use some of my Best Buy trade in credit for this game. I preordered on Amazon just in case, but I'd rather not spend $30 cash when I have BB credit to burn.

I've never played a Ratchet and Clank game before. I have tools of destruction and a crack and time sitting on my shelf untouched. I also have All 4 One from PS+. Should I wait until October and play all these games chronologically?

I have a 3D TV too. If I play the 3D ones straight through back to back, I will give myself a migraine that will roast through my skull :hot::hot::hot: ;)

[quote name='bojay1997']Best Buy will be bankrupt and gone if they keep doing what they're doing. I don't hear many stories of people buying anything at full price despite BB offering some of the best deals since the holidays last year. That's not a sustainable retail model.[/QUOTE]

Actually best buy having lower prices and being more competitive with online retailers is a huge recent strategy since closing some stores. Read a good article about it last month and it says they need to compete more, not less with lower prices to rival online.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I've never played a Ratchet and Clank game before. I have tools of destruction and a crack and time sitting on my shelf untouched. I also have All 4 One from PS+. Should I wait until October and play all these games chronologically?[/QUOTE]

Haha I'm the exact same as you (except I don't own Tools of Destruction, I'm a trophy whore loser). I plan to start with the original when I get it this fall, and then play them chronologically.

[quote name='brentgolden']I'm not gonna wait. Hopefully I'll be able to pick a copy up on eBay or something from Europe. Cannot wait!![/QUOTE]

In conclusion... you're going to wait a year or two for a good price drop, correct? ;)

[quote name='ijustw1n']Actually best buy having lower prices and being more competitive with online retailers is a huge recent strategy since closing some stores. Read a good article about it last month and it says they need to compete more, not less with lower prices to rival online.[/QUOTE]

I think you need to re-read all the articles about how their gross sales were way up for the holidays, but their profit margin was relatively low. Simply put, unless people are coming into your store and buying both the heavily discounted items and the high profit margin items (cables, large appliances, etc...), simply selling more items at a low margin is a sure way to go bankrupt. You can't have Amazon prices if your labor, utilities, rent, etc...costs are significantly higher as a brick and mortar retailer. Best Buy either has to offer things on-line retailers can't or they will cease to exist just like Circuit City and many other retailers before them.

[quote name='oasisboy']Why does everybody have credit on amazon? Their trade in values are laughable most of the time (Resistance 3 = $2.50). I would dare to say that their TIV are the same or worse than GameStop on most games.[/QUOTE]

Because you can buy Amazon gift cards with Best Buy credit? :roll:

Quick questions. What are the chances of Amazon having this game cheaper on BF? How long will this game remain on this price on the Amazon website?

[quote name='jrodri86']Quick questions. What are the chances of Amazon having this game cheaper on BF? How long will this game remain on this price on the Amazon website?[/QUOTE]

The crystal ball says.........who knows?

$30 for 3 of IMO the best platformer on the Ps2, with trophy support and MP for UYA.
No brainer. Wonder if US gets anything special.

One weapon: The Plasma Whip

[quote name='topplehat']Hmm, probably in for this. There's a rumor saying that Deadlocked HD may be a pre-order bonus.[/QUOTE]

this is news to me, where was this rumor started?

[quote name='eLefAdEr']1. Not during their trade-in promotion the week before last Black Friday, it wasn't. Sent in 12 games for $200. No other major retailer was offering that in TIVs at that time.

2. And I live in California, so no sales tax is ~10% break right there (I know it's only a matter of time before this ends). I still declare this to the state every 4/15 but sometimes my numbers are off. ;)[/QUOTE]

1. GameStop has had 50% trade in bonus and Best Buy has had 100% trade in bonus quite recently. Amazon hasn't had a good trade in bonus deal in quite some time (at least to my knowledge)

2. Why is taxes always brought up with amazon? In a way, I kinda wish all states started taxes at amazon to level the playing field for retail stores like Best Buy, Wal Mart and GameStop which have to play by the rules.

Amazon already killed Borders and Circuit City and soon will kill Barnes and Noble and then Best Buy if this tax shit continues.

I hope Best Buy offers this before their 100% tiv is over. They have managed to make me forget other gaming options. Lol.

[quote name='oasisboy']1. GameStop has had 50% trade in bonus and Best Buy has had 100% trade in bonus quite recently. Amazon hasn't had a good trade in bonus deal in quite some time (at least to my knowledge)
[/QUOTE]

Amazon has quick and easy "online" trade-ins. I don't have to drive 20 miles to GS or Best Buy to do trade-ins. I've used GS's various deals but they usually require multiples which isn't always feasible. Best Buy is even further away and it is hit-or-miss if you can even find anyone to do your trades. Plus they handed down those random bans last year so I can't trade there anyway unless I drag my wife to do them and she generally wants nothing to do with it ;). So, yeah, Amazon is about 10x easier and more convenient even if the values aren't quite the same. I'd also take slightly less in Amazon TiV than I would at GS or BB since it is much more useful credit to have.

But overall I try to balance my trading between the 3 (or at least I did last year before Best Buy got removed from the equation). I do probably have one more set of 7 to take to GS and actually haven't traded much at Amazon recently as they haven't had any great TiVs the last couple of months. But I'll be looking to trade there more as my credit runs low.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Can I pricematch a preorder at Best Buy? I'd like to use some of my Best Buy trade in credit for this game. I preordered on Amazon just in case, but I'd rather not spend $30 cash when I have BB credit to burn.

I've never played a Ratchet and Clank game before. I have tools of destruction and a crack and time sitting on my shelf untouched. I also have All 4 One from PS+. Should I wait until October and play all these games chronologically?

I have a 3D TV too. If I play the 3D ones straight through back to back, I will give myself a migraine that will roast through my skull :hot::hot::hot: ;)[/QUOTE]

Why not just use some of the Best Buy credit to buy Amazon Kindle gift cards in their store? Last I knew you could use those for anything on amazon and not just kindle stuff. That way you do not have to bother getting them to try and match amazon or gamestop.

[quote name='GamingGator']Why not just use some of the Best Buy credit to buy Amazon Kindle gift cards in their store? Last I knew you could use those for anything on amazon and not just kindle stuff. That way you do not have to bother getting them to try and match amazon or gamestop.[/QUOTE]

But, we'd have to add $5 or get a $50 card.

I just did a trade in at Gamestop and I can confirm a $29.99 in-store preorder. Used my trade credit to pay it off in full.

[quote name='TheHelix']I just did a trade in at Gamestop and I can confirm a $29.99 in-store preorder. Used my trade credit to pay it off in full.[/QUOTE]
Darn, I would have done this today had I known it was in-store too, but I'll just have to do it on Thursday (hopefully it stays at this price). I've got to do something with all this GS credit. :D

I have a ton of credit so I pre-ordered at Gamestop, but only put the $5 down in case another retailer offers a good bonus. Am I locked at $30 if the price goes up? Never really preordered from Gamestop before.

[quote name='io']Amazon has quick and easy "online" trade-ins. I don't have to drive 20 miles to GS or Best Buy to do trade-ins. I've used GS's various deals but they usually require multiples which isn't always feasible. Best Buy is even further away and it is hit-or-miss if you can even find anyone to do your trades. Plus they handed down those random bans last year so I can't trade there anyway unless I drag my wife to do them and she generally wants nothing to do with it ;). So, yeah, Amazon is about 10x easier and more convenient even if the values aren't quite the same. I'd also take slightly less in Amazon TiV than I would at GS or BB since it is much more useful credit to have.

But overall I try to balance my trading between the 3 (or at least I did last year before Best Buy got removed from the equation). I do probably have one more set of 7 to take to GS and actually haven't traded much at Amazon recently as they haven't had any great TiVs the last couple of months. But I'll be looking to trade there more as my credit runs low.[/QUOTE]

So your situation with distance and multiples applies to everyone? I guess you rather trade Infamous 2 for $1 at amazon than a few dollars more at GameStop or Best Buy. Again, to each their own.

Infamous 2 = $1 TIV http://www.amazon.com/inFAMOUS-2-Pl...TF8&qid=1340587184&sr=8-1&keywords=infamous+2

If convenience is the big deal for you, start looking at half.com and their instant sale program. It is exactly the same as amazon, heck, even better since you get straight cash through paypal.

[quote name='oasisboy']So your situation with distance and multiples applies to everyone? I guess you rather trade Infamous 2 for $1 at amazon than a few dollars more at GameStop or Best Buy. Again, to each their own.

Infamous 2 = $1 TIV http://www.amazon.com/inFAMOUS-2-Pl...TF8&qid=1340587184&sr=8-1&keywords=infamous+2

If convenience is the big deal for you, start looking at half.com and their instant sale program. It is exactly the same as amazon, heck, even better since you get straight cash through paypal.[/QUOTE]

Uh, no, but you were wondering why anyone bothered with Amazon over Best Buy or GS and I gave some examples of why. Did I fucking say it applied to everyone? If anything, you made the blanket statement that Amazon was worthless for trade-ins :roll:.

And no, obviously, I wouldn't trade Infamous 2 there. You know what I did with mine? Sold it on eBay.

If you were to read my actual post I said I'd trade at Amazon when it is only slightly less (meaning $13 vs $16 or something like that) because of the convenience (of both the trade and the credit usage). How you extrapolated that I'd take $1 for Infamous 2 is mind-boggling. I also stated that I was doing some trading at GS and in fact just traded another set of 7 yesterday. That was a great promo and I'm sad to see it go (and apparently get replaced with some 30% deal).

---------------

So, uh, yeah, my Amazon preorder of this game is still intact and they adjusted the price after I sent an email the other day, so I'm set. Considering the relatively cheap credit, $30 is a great deal. Had Amazon not price matched I would have canceled and gone with Gamestop since I also have credit there. Once again it is the convenience factor - would rather have it shipped to me for free than have to drive up there and pick it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vigilante']Darn, I would have done this today had I known it was in-store too, but I'll just have to do it on Thursday (hopefully it stays at this price). I've got to do something with all this GS credit. :D[/QUOTE]

Get some Steam cards and buy Torchlight 2

Mordecai and Rigby: Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

[quote name='io']Uh, no, but you were wondering why anyone bothered with Amazon over Best Buy or GS and I gave some examples of why. Did I fucking say it applied to everyone? If anything, you made the blanket statement that Amazon was worthless for trade-ins :roll:.

And no, obviously, I wouldn't trade Infamous 2 there. You know what I did with mine? Sold it on eBay.

If you were to read my actual post I said I'd trade at Amazon when it is only slightly less (meaning $13 vs $16 or something like that) because of the convenience (of both the trade and the credit usage). How you extrapolated that I'd take $1 for Infamous 2 is mind-boggling. I also stated that I was doing some trading at GS and in fact just traded another set of 7 yesterday. That was a great promo and I'm sad to see it go (and apparently get replaced with some 30% deal).

---------------

So, uh, yeah, my Amazon preorder of this game is still intact and they adjusted the price after I sent an email the other day, so I'm set. Considering the relatively cheap credit, $30 is a great deal. Had Amazon not price matched I would have canceled and gone with Gamestop since I also have credit there. Once again it is the convenience factor - would rather have it shipped to me for free than have to drive up there and pick it up.[/QUOTE]

People just hide behind their internet and complain to be cool. Everyone has their own opinions, but you should go find that guy Jay and Silent Bob style!!

I'd just rather have the opportunity to go get it at midnight or early or whenever, plus I dont trust my mail lady....she's scary!!

[quote name='strait edge follower']Im hoping th:)at i will be able to get this at launch for 15$ at bestbuy like i did for the ico/sotc and gow collections last year[/QUOTE]

Unlikely ;). I'm sure it will be cheaper at some point but you really can't beat 25% off on a preorder if you have any interest in getting the game, say, this year.

I've bought every "collection" I have so far (Sly, Ico, Jak) at full price and at least with the $40 initial price (or $30 in this case) a quick drop or sale isn't as painful as for a $60 game.

[quote name='io']Unlikely ;). I'm sure it will be cheaper at some point but you really can't beat 25% off on a preorder if you have any interest in getting the game, say, this year.

I've bought every "collection" I have so far (Sly, Ico, Jak) at full price and at least with the $40 initial price (or $30 in this case) a quick drop or sale isn't as painful as for a $60 game.[/QUOTE]
And Jak still hasnt gone on sale or I missed it. Hopefully Jak goes on sale around the time that R and C come out.

bread's done
Back