Ratchet and Clank collection $29.99 at Gamestop

[quote name='wrencrest']And Jak still hasnt gone on sale or I missed it. Hopefully Jak goes on sale around the time that R and C come out.[/QUOTE]

Nope. No sale on Jak. I think there was a pre-order deal. I see Ratchet being the same way.

For Jak, I wasn't going to pay $40. So, I bought $25 in games and traded them in for $42 at BB to get it. :D

[quote name='io']1. Uh, no, but you were wondering why anyone bothered with Amazon over Best Buy or GS and I gave some examples of why. 2. Did I fucking say it applied to everyone? 3. If anything, you made the blanket statement that Amazon was worthless for trade-ins :roll:.

[/QUOTE]

1. I never said "why would anyone bother with Amazon over Best Buy or GS". It just seems that we quickly jump to the "tax free / convenience" BS every time any retailer has a sale. 2. You did make it sound like everyone should follow your model based on "convenience". "Well I dont have to drive to the store" (duh, 99% of the people have to drive to get to a store like Best Buy or GameStop). 3. I never made the statement that Amazon is worthless for trade-ins. All I said was that a lot of people quickly trade their games at amazon regardless of the TIV because "it is amazon and the trade in is so valuable because I can other stuff as compared to BBY or GS".

I don't see why this thread has 2 stars. :roll:

[quote name='spatenfloot']If Walmart and BBY give release dates too, it could be out this month![/QUOTE]

That sounds about right! :lol:

It would take an early August or a July release date to get me to 'maybe' break my GS pre-order. Especially with the deal I got!

Yeah paying $45 from zavvi, and getting it 2 months earlier is worth it for me. I can then move my credit I have on this at gamestop to my borderlands 2 loot chest.

^Ya. Price is very nice, hope this helps set a pricing precedent for future collections. I think most of us were hoping for either a digital version of Deadlocked or Full Frontal Assault with our purchase, so I was a little disappointed in hearing that the "surprise" was a demo as well.

[quote name='j.t']MSRP is 30 and the exclusive NA item is just Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time demo. Kinda lame consider we have to wait a few extra months.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/16/ratchet-clank-collection-comes-with-sly-4-demo[/QUOTE]

Wow, Insomniac are assholes for trying to talk this up as being worth the wait. It almost seems like what they had planned fell through, and this was thrown in to compensate.

Its still worth paying $15 less for me personally, but that is pretty lame even though i'm dying to try Sly 4.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']This. Call it wishful thinking, but I'm hoping they include the final mix versions of both games if and when they decide to release a Kingdom Hearts HD Collection.[/QUOTE]

At this point, I think ever getting another non-handheld KH game is a pipe dream.

Msrp is $29.99 and bonus is a....demo. Couldn't be more deflated. Think I'll cancel preorder and wait for a deal.

Ah, sorry I ever posted this guys. I had no idea this was going to be a universal price drop. And the demo is a bit of a gut-punch.

[quote name='roedaniel19']Ah, sorry I ever posted this guys. I had no idea this was going to be a universal price drop. And the demo is a bit of a gut-punch.[/QUOTE]

Why apologize? Not like you could have known.

Also, the 29.99 MSRP is a good thing...do you wish it was 39.99 so you could feel like you were getting a deal? Maybe the lower price point is a new standard for these collections? Maybe if they sell well at 30, publishers will continue the trend? I don't get why people suddenly want to cancel their preorders.

well shit, I really want it, but if it's not on deal.... Also, what happened to it including that upcoming PSN Ratchet game?!

[quote name='JoshTX']Why apologize? Not like you could have known.

Also, the 29.99 MSRP is a good thing...do you wish it was 39.99 so you could feel like you were getting a deal? Maybe the lower price point is a new standard for these collections? Maybe if they sell well at 30, publishers will continue the trend? I don't get why people suddenly want to cancel their preorders.[/QUOTE]

I still think its a great price, just not sure it qualifies as a "deal" with this being the MSRP. Hopefully 30 bucks will be the new standard, I'm more willing to pay 30 than to shell out 40 for these collections.

[quote name='JoshTX']Why apologize? Not like you could have known.

Also, the 29.99 MSRP is a good thing...do you wish it was 39.99 so you could feel like you were getting a deal? Maybe the lower price point is a new standard for these collections? Maybe if they sell well at 30, publishers will continue the trend? I don't get why people suddenly want to cancel their preorders.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, definitely don't apologize.

And I agree Josh. I have mine preordered with Amazon credit, and I'm gonna keep this pre-order. Maybe if it sells well enough future collections will start trying this price point. It's laughable that these 3 sweet games are selling for $30 and the broken Silent Hill collection of 2 games went for $40. So I think this $30 MSRP is something to support!

Ratchet is the best. One of the few series outside of the Mario that I completed 100% without getting some kind of trophy for my efforts. I'll be doing that again!

BTW, I'm still keeping my pre-order as well. You guys make a valid point about this possibly affecting future pricing of these types of collections.

$30 is an amazing MSRP for this

That said, waiting so much longer and only getting a demo and avatar is a pretty crappy move on SCEA's part. Not complaining though just a bit odd how they handled it

[quote name='ijustw1n']Msrp is $29.99 and bonus is a....demo. Couldn't be more deflated. Think I'll cancel preorder and wait for a deal.[/QUOTE]
Uh, 3 Ratchet games for $30 IS a deal.

I just replayed through all of these games a handfull of months ago and outside the first game they hold up incredibly well. I would be tempted to grab this right off the bat, but my gut says if I wait a year or so they turn up on PS+ for free or SUPER deep discount.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Yeah, definitely don't apologize.

And I agree Josh. I have mine preordered with Amazon credit, and I'm gonna keep this pre-order. Maybe if it sells well enough future collections will start trying this price point. It's laughable that these 3 sweet games are selling for $30 and the broken Silent Hill collection of 2 games went for $40. So I think this $30 MSRP is something to support![/QUOTE]

Heh, yeah that Silent Hill collection was a mess. Konami could make up for that though by doing an HD, PS Move enabled port of the Wii Shattered Memories game. Now that would be nice.

[quote name='oasisboy']Dumbest post of the year. Do you even have a brain? Imagine the thousands of people around the country that would lose their jobs (+benefits) and the impact that would have on unemployment (which is bad as it is). Think about EA, Activision, Microsoft, Sony and all the other developers that sell a significant amount of games through GameStop. Where else are you (and many others) going trade your "trash" for store credit?[/QUOTE]

The only smart person in the room who understands how free markets and competition work.
These two quotes are hilarious in concert. $29.99 is an MSRP, so GameStop didn't drive anyone's price lower.

If GameStop went belly up, people would still buy those games. They'd give another, more deserving store business. That would likely cause a need for more employees at that other store, although they may not need a guy to gut new games.

In terms of trade ins, I've never traded in anything at GameStop. I can always get more selling privately through forums. I'm neither lazy or impatient enough to get bent over by GameStop. "GameStop deals" could only be on "jumbo shrimp."

[quote name='d8onausa']These two quotes are hilarious in concert. $29.99 is an MSRP, so GameStop didn't drive anyone's price lower.

If GameStop went belly up, people would still buy those games. They'd give another, more deserving store business. That would likely cause a need for more employees at that other store, although they may not need a guy to gut new games.

In terms of trade ins, I've never traded in anything at GameStop. I can always get more selling privately through forums. I'm neither lazy or impatient enough to get bent over by GameStop. "GameStop deals" could only be on "jumbo shrimp."[/QUOTE]

Well Gamestop has been right so far with Pokemon Conquest as other stores have driven up their price to $34.99 when it's $29.99 MSRP since they seem to have more stock then other retailers and I'm sure it's selling well at that price for them currently.

I'm cancelling my preorder, as I just broke down & ordered the game from Zavvi in the UK. With a 10% discount code, I got my order down to $36 shipped. I know I am going against the CAG mantra regarding waiting for the cheapest price, but after they confirmed no Deadlocked bonus for NA, I could not wait any longer....

[quote name='Joe Fongul']I'm cancelling my preorder, as I just broke down & ordered the game from Zavvi in the UK. With a 10% discount code, I got my order down to $36 shipped. I know I am going against the CAG mantra regarding waiting for the cheapest price, but after they confirmed no Deadlocked bonus for NA, I could not wait any longer....[/QUOTE]
I would probably do this, if it weren't for the Sly 4 demo.

Wow, an avatar and demo that will be released to everyone later anyway? Horrible "bonuses". But it is made up for by the standard $30 MSRP. Now if the Jak Collection can get down to $30 I would be really happy.

[quote name='wrencrest']Wow, an avatar and demo that will be released to everyone later anyway? Horrible "bonuses". But it is made up for by the standard $30 MSRP. Now if the Jak Collection can get down to $30 I would be really happy.[/QUOTE]

Ya that J&D Collection has not budged! I finally broke down and got it for like $29.xx (used) from GoHastings during one of their 33% off sales.

Not cancelling my GS pre order since I used $20 in Best Buy games to get it, but they(the publishers, obv) can keep that demo as the 'special' for North America. It would have been better if they didn't mention any 'bonus', at all.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Ya that J&D Collection has not budged! I finally broke down and got it for like $29.xx (used) from GoHastings during one of their 33% off sales.[/QUOTE]
Ha I got it for $30 new when they were offering $10 off sale.

[quote name='wrencrest']Oh yeah? Well fuck you!! :cool:[/QUOTE]
Now all of a sudden, I've got an urge to play my new $30 Jak collection in GLORIOUS HD. Oh what to do :D

Man at first I thought this was a collection of all the PS3 Ratchet & Clank games, was excited, but I think I'll pass on the ps2 "sorta HD" versions.

[quote name='SuperMario64']Now all of a sudden, I've got an urge to play my new $30 Jak collection in GLORIOUS HD. Oh what to do :D[/QUOTE]
Hey! Thats my line! Glorious it is!

[quote name='SuperMario64']Ha I got it for $30 new when they were offering $10 off sale.[/QUOTE]

Free through the Sony HouseParty program :booty:

Yes, maybe I should get back to my $25(worth of games traded into Best Buy for $42 before the 100% bonus they had) Jack & Daxter HD Collection.

[quote name='Pojo']Ratchet is the best. One of the few series outside of the Mario that I completed 100% without getting some kind of trophy for my efforts. I'll be doing that again![/QUOTE]

i 100% alot of games in my youth it was til 360 that i stop doing so. achievement ruin gaming for me and i dont know why.

[quote name='Fabrizo']They run in 1080p.[/QUOTE]

That's not what the Gamestop listing says:

• Remastered versions of Ratchet & Clank games from PS2 to 720P HD
    • Ratchet & Clank
    • Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
    • Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
  • Trophy support for each game
  • Online Multiplayer Support for Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal

[quote name='roymustang']That's not what the Gamestop listing says:

• Remastered versions of Ratchet & Clank games from PS2 to 720P HD
    • Ratchet & Clank
    • Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
    • Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
  • Trophy support for each game
  • Online Multiplayer Support for Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
[/QUOTE]

It's 1080p in "regular" HD, and 720p in 3D.

bread's done
Back