Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time PS3 - $5 off coupon from Amazon.com

backseatdog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
397 (100%)
Just got an email with the code from PSN.

Promotional Code:
RATCHET3

Valid 10/22/09 thru 11/06/09

Also don't forget about ECA 10% if you still got them. Goldbox it as well if you have the free time to do so.

Since many people are asking, yes you can still apply the promotional code AND the ECA code after you placed your order. Just email amazon customer service and politely asked them to update and apply it for you. If that doesn't work, just send another email until it works. Persistence pays off! Typically, most people will get a refund credit to their account instead of off the order. It isn't perfect, but at least you get your discount either way.

As always, its YMMV, but I never once got rejected. Good luck and may the CAG god watch over you!

As of right now:
$56.49
-$5 off coupon
-$5.65 (ECA 10%)
----------------
$45.84 total before tax (if any).

Link to game:
http://www.amazon.com/Ratchet-Clank..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1256256676&sr=8-1

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is what I got back.

"Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com.

I'm sorry to hear that you are unable to apply code RATCHET3 for 5 dollars to this order.

I checked your orders and found that $5.65 promotion was applied already to this orders.

Some promotional offers may not be combined with other offers in the same order. Generally, only one promotional claim code may be used per order, and orders with promotions cannot be combined with other orders. Therefore this $5.00 off promotional discount was not applied to this order.

Some of our promotions are restricted to one claim code per customer, and some require a minimum purchase. I'd recommend reading the "fine print" or visiting the link included with the promotional offer for the specific restrictions associated with the offer you received.

In the case where multiple promotional offers cannot be combined, we will automatically apply the promotion that gives you the largest discount.

I apologize for any misunderstanding. Our promotional claim codes are transferable. Perhaps you know of a friend or neighbor who might appreciate one.

We will be happy to apply this promotion code RATCHET3 to your order. However, because you are not charged until your items ships, we can't issue a $5.00 refund until the entire order has been shipped. I apologize for this inconvenience.

Once your entire order has been shipped, please use the link below to request a refund.

Please visit the following link to provide the information we
requested:

You will be directed to a web page where you can paste a copy of the cost summary from your original order confirmation e-mail. We will request the appropriate refund to your credit card for the amount you were erroneously charged.

Thank you again for shopping at Amazon.com."

I know if I contact amazon they'll see my eca and 5 discount from another game and not give it to me. Hopefully if I cancel and reorder I won't lose my 5 discount and eca. Great coupon OP.

[quote name='Treythalomew']I know if I contact amazon they'll see my eca and 5 discount from another game and not give it to me. Hopefully if I cancel and reorder I won't lose my 5 discount and eca. Great coupon OP.[/QUOTE]

Dude, I pre-ordered 10 games with the tripple stack glitch, and they applied the $5 off promo for both Ratchet and Tekken. What do you have to lose?

wow some of you guys are really lucky to hear back in email so fast I sent mine off about two hours ago and haven't heard back yet and to I Am Legend, that's sorta what I got told over the phone minus the offer to put the $5 towards another order or as a refund

[quote name='IRHari']can someone let me know what you said in the body of the e-mail? I want to be as diplomatic as possible and it sounds like you've got the hang of it if you've done it many times before :)

Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

any email will do, try "kaN i haZ dizcowntsz plz, lol kthxbye".

[quote name='Takeda Kenshi']Big thank you to the OP. Had my order adjusted with the coupon. ECA + Gold Box + $5 Coup.[/QUOTE]

you're welcome! :bouncy:

[quote name='I Am Legend']Here is what I got back.

"Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com.

I'm sorry to hear that you are unable to apply code RATCHET3 for 5 dollars to this order.

I checked your orders and found that $5.65 promotion was applied already to this orders.

Some promotional offers may not be combined with other offers in the same order. Generally, only one promotional claim code may be used per order, and orders with promotions cannot be combined with other orders. Therefore this $5.00 off promotional discount was not applied to this order.

Some of our promotions are restricted to one claim code per customer, and some require a minimum purchase. I'd recommend reading the "fine print" or visiting the link included with the promotional offer for the specific restrictions associated with the offer you received.

In the case where multiple promotional offers cannot be combined, we will automatically apply the promotion that gives you the largest discount.

I apologize for any misunderstanding. Our promotional claim codes are transferable. Perhaps you know of a friend or neighbor who might appreciate one.

We will be happy to apply this promotion code RATCHET3 to your order. However, because you are not charged until your items ships, we can't issue a $5.00 refund until the entire order has been shipped. I apologize for this inconvenience.

Once your entire order has been shipped, please use the link below to request a refund.

Please visit the following link to provide the information we
requested:

You will be directed to a web page where you can paste a copy of the cost summary from your original order confirmation e-mail. We will request the appropriate refund to your credit card for the amount you were erroneously charged.

Thank you again for shopping at Amazon.com."[/QUOTE]

dude you got gilbert, he's such a buzzkill. send another email, hopefully you get craig, craig's awesome.

[quote name='Treythalomew']I know if I contact amazon they'll see my eca and 5 discount from another game and not give it to me. Hopefully if I cancel and reorder I won't lose my 5 discount and eca. Great coupon OP.[/QUOTE]

i don't think i ever heard a case where amazon would do such a thing. A "no" would be the worst you could get.

[quote name='buckythekat']wow some of you guys are really lucky to hear back in email so fast I sent mine off about two hours ago and haven't heard back yet and to I Am Legend, that's sorta what I got told over the phone minus the offer to put the $5 towards another order or as a refund[/QUOTE]

amazon likes us more :D

Received my email back from Amazon and they adjusted the price of the item by $5, so with my Gold Box discount, it's not quite $5 off the bottom line. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers.

Woot! Thanks!

Hello,

I'm sorry this promotion wasn't applied to your order.

To correct this error, I've reduced the cost of your order by $5.00.

I hope this solution works for you. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Woot:

Hello,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience may caused to you in this regards.

I've done this for you, and $5 promotion applied to this order.

You can always check the status of your order in Your Account. Here's a direct link to the order details:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/summary/edit.html?orderID=104-4906550-4966656

I hope you enjoy your order! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Please let us know if this e-mail resolved your question:

if they don't email me soon I'll have to call them again since I have release day delivery for shipping I'd rather get this sorted out before they charge me

[quote name='eau']By reading the official faq.[/QUOTE]

I actually read this faq once before and got bored trying to figure it out . . . I just read it again and I've realized that I'm not as cheap as I thought. Gold-boxing a game is way more work than I want to do to save an extra few $.

Thanks for the heads up, TC. Just emailed Amazon about the code, so hopefully they either take 5 dollars off my order or issue me a 5 dollar refund. They've done it for me before, so it should be all good.

wow it worked so fast i got an email 1:30 in the morning and i emailed them literally 20 mins beforehand. thanks OP

Thanks OP. They added the 5$ discount to my order. Total is now 38$. :hot: (ECA + RATCHET3 + Goldbox + 5$credit from the Uncharted2 pre-order.)

:bomb: that's it I'm calling them again

it's been 20 hours since I sent my email and still no response yet some of you are hearing back in 20 minutes, wtf Amazon?

edit: well this time they told me on the phone my account shows a $5 credit and it'll appear on the order when it ships out :???:

I think I might shoot off yet another email...

Weird. Over on theeca.com, I can't get a code for Amazon. The site says "currently unavailable." Anyone else getting the same message?

well another email sent, hopefully this one actually gets me a response... [br][br]edit: well I got a guy who knocked $5 off the price of the game so I only ended up saving $3 since it then in turned decreased my gold box and ECA discounts but that's better than nothing :) I wonder though if the guy I talked to on the phone this morning was right will I now have saved another $8?

I sent another email and this time got a response

the guy knocked $5 off the price of the game so I only ended up saving $3 since it then in turned decreased my gold box and ECA discounts but that's better than nothing :)

I wonder though if the guy I talked to on the phone this morning was right will I now have saved another $8?

edit: oh this is hilarious. so the earlier email response was to the one I sent this morning but I finally heard back about the email I sent yesterday afternoon

"Greetings from Amazon.com.

I'm sorry, but we are generally not able to apply promotional offers to an order retroactively. We are unable to apply special discounts to items once an order is submitted.

I'm sorry if this causes any inconvenience. Thanks again for shopping at Amazon.com.

Best regards,

Mark S."

I swear Amazon customer service is the perfect example of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing LOL

Thanks for the heads up. My email was returned about 24 hours later, and they took the $5 off my preorder price. So, goldbox + ECA + promocode = game I can't wait to play for $43.02. I loves me some CAG!

[quote name='Achilles00']Weird. Over on theeca.com, I can't get a code for Amazon. The site says "currently unavailable." Anyone else getting the same message?[/QUOTE]

Welcome to 3 weeks ago, Marty McFly. It's been down for a while! ;)

BTW guys, as someone who has a copy of the game now thanks to the Community Day at their studios Friday, I can say without a doubt the game is in fine form as always. Lots of new fun elements, the cut scenes are as always hilarious (Nefarious is one of my favorite villains of all time) and the bonuses for having Booty and Tools of Destruction files saved to unlock bonuses is just icing on the cake.
It's money well spent.

Took two tries before the $5 came off. First representative said it was already off, but it was the ECA they probably confused it with. Second email came back and the amount was refunded back. Thanks OP :)

Nice. Sent Amazon an email and they applied the $5 off my tripple stack order with no problems. Getting the game week one for $35 is amazing. That's what I paid for Future a year after it came out! :)

bread's done
Back