Ratchet & Clank Future: ACiT - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Blackout']How does the challenge mode work? Would I have to beat the bosses again to enter into it (if I go back in time to collect stuff)?[/QUOTE]

It's basically a replay of the entire game from the beginning except the enemies are a little harder (do more damage, take more hits), you start with whatever weapons you beat the game with, and you get a bolt multiplier that goes up the more enemies you kill without taking damage.

After you beat the final boss you're given the option to create a new save to begin challenge mode. From what I've read in earlier posts this also becomes a selectable option on the in game pause menu screen as well. So you could beat the game, go back and collect all of the goodies, and then instead of re-beating the last boss just go to the pause menu and select challenge mode. I'm guessing you could probably collect any of the goodies you missed during challenge mode but I'm not positive since I had already gotten everything before my challenge mode playthru.

If you're going for the platinum trophy you have to beat challenge mode to get it.

[quote name='Chitown021']It's basically a replay of the entire game from the beginning except the enemies are a little harder (do more damage, take more hits), you start with whatever weapons you beat the game with, and you get a bolt multiplier that goes up the more enemies you kill without taking damage.

After you beat the final boss you're given the option to create a new save to begin challenge mode. From what I've read in earlier posts this also becomes a selectable option on the in game pause menu screen as well. So you could beat the game, go back and collect all of the goodies, and then instead of re-beating the last boss just go to the pause menu and select challenge mode. I'm guessing you could probably collect any of the goodies you missed during challenge mode but I'm not positive since I had already gotten everything before my challenge mode playthru.

If you're going for the platinum trophy you have to beat challenge mode to get it.[/QUOTE]

Good guess! :applause:

Where is Lord Vorselon? I have all 40 Zoni but can't find him. FAQs said he's supposed to be in the Corvus sector but he isn't.

I'm kinda disappointed with this game. I was hoping for it to be the best Ratchet game but no... I think the Ratchet games in best to worst order is (only main disc series by Insomniac):

1) UYA
2) GC
3) TOD
4) ACiT
5) DL
6) Original

[quote name='Blackout']
Where is Lord Vorselon? I have all 40 Zoni but can't find him. FAQs said he's supposed to be in the Corvus sector but he isn't.
[/QUOTE]

I think that should be put in spoilers. I'm not sure though. Better safe than sorry. :/ Anyway, you should see his ship on the map. If you don't, you didn't beat everything else yet.

Also, I just got the platinum trophy for this game. First one ever. :cool: Now I'm off to play Quest for Booty, as it just came in the mail today. (I know, screwed up order, but Best Buy gave me ACiT instead of TOD, and I wanted to play so bad that I started with ACiT.)

[quote name='Access_Denied']I think that should be put in spoilers. I'm not sure though. Better safe than sorry. :/ Anyway, you should see his ship on the map. If you don't, you didn't beat everything else yet.

Also, I just got the platinum trophy for this game. First one ever. :cool: Now I'm off to play Quest for Booty, as it just came in the mail today. (I know, screwed up order, but Best Buy gave me ACiT instead of TOD, and I wanted to play so bad that I started with ACiT.)[/QUOTE]

My bad. I didn't think it was spoiler worthy.
I had to beat the game first, then when I returned there was a cutscene with him introducing himself.

Great game, loved every minute of it!

I beat Future Tools and just bought A Crack in Time. Should I start this or download quest for Booty first and play that?

Play Quest for Booty first. It's short, but introduces you to some of the new play mechanics and provides you the bridging story between the two games.

Got the 40 Zoni, beat Nefarious, went back in time to before killing Nefarious in order to unlock and kill Vorcelon. After vanquishing Vorcelon the Museum unlocks.

I cant figure out how to get all the space missions done to get the Samaritan trophy. Everywhere I visit the missions are done, and I went over the list of missions and remember doing them over the 2 playthroughs. Each sector has no yellow triangles indicating a space mission, and none of the planets are green (they all say complete in the map). Can anyone help point me in the right direction, cause the interweb says there was a glitch with the smugler and the RYNO V, which I think I may be caught in. Any way around this without going through a 3rd time?

I started playing Crack in Time and so far I liked Tools of Destruction a lot more. Crack in Time has too many puzzles and not enough action so far. Plus, the weapons in ToD are a lot more fun

Started playing this yesterday and was really enjoying it.. Had to stop today after getting the hoverboots. For some reasons the boots are triggering my Simulator Sickness. blerg.

[quote name='nakanenui']
Got the 40 Zoni, beat Nefarious, went back in time to before killing Nefarious in order to unlock and kill Vorcelon. After vanquishing Vorcelon the Museum unlocks.

I cant figure out how to get all the space missions done to get the Samaritan trophy. Everywhere I visit the missions are done, and I went over the list of missions and remember doing them over the 2 playthroughs. Each sector has no yellow triangles indicating a space mission, and none of the planets are green (they all say complete in the map). Can anyone help point me in the right direction, cause the interweb says there was a glitch with the smugler and the RYNO V, which I think I may be caught in. Any way around this without going through a 3rd time?[/QUOTE]

The mission I got stuck on was the back and forth one where your asked to destroy and place billboards for businesses. Are you sure you've completed that one?

[quote name='pram12']I'm kinda disappointed with this game. I was hoping for it to be the best Ratchet game but no... I think the Ratchet games in best to worst order is (only main disc series by Insomniac):

1) UYA
2) GC
3) TOD
4) ACiT
5) DL
6) Original[/QUOTE]

Definitely agree with this list.

Ahaha this game is awesome. I just found out *Minor not really spoiler gameplay spoiler* that the oil from the Omnisoaker can turn into fire! Just hit it with a jumping strike or make an enemy (like an Agorian) hit it. It turns into fire and anywhere where you throw the oil, it will turn into fire (until you have no fire on the screen... then you have to start the process over). You even get a Skill Point for it (30 seconds of it)! *End spoiler*

http://www.insomniacgames.com/blogcast/blog/insomniac_insider/1521684

The Full Moon Show's return is in the works:
The Podcast
Speaking of bringing you the inside scoop, one of the most frequent questions we’ve been receiving is “when is the Full Moon Show” coming back? The answer is soon, but we also don’t want to come back so soon that we won’t have anything to talk about it. The community team here has spent the downtime brainstorming some new directions to take the show, which we think you’ll all enjoy when we come back.

While the current format of the show has been a lot of fun for me to host and edit, we’re really inspired by some of the other great podcasts out there and how the format is evolving. In addition, we want to bring you some video shows that not only show you events, but perhaps show you rare footage from the studio and WIP elements of our projects, both upcoming and released.

Lastly, we'd love to have some sort of live Q&A type shows. But we’re still trying to figure out if we can do it as feasibly as we’d like. Regardless, we are working up a calendar now, and we hope that the show will be back by this summer, but that will largely depend on when exactly we will be discussing our future projects.

I really enjoyed this game a lot. I think the Ratchet series overall is one of the best, for me anyway.

Does anyone have the preorder DLC for the Space Package or Bolt Package? I will trade for it!

Loving this game.

Anyone else think Mr. Zarchon deserves his own game.
I felt like he was a sub to not having Clank.
I love his line.

'Mr Zarchon does not need nanotech to survive.
Mr Zarchom lives on fear

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally started playing this game, it's been in my backlog since it released. Wow, what a great game. Really enjoying it a lot more than the last one :)

Finished up ToD and QFB and started this yesterday. I am hoping to get the plat for it. Better late than never. The info in this thread was still super helpful!

bread's done
Back