Ratchet & Clank Future: ACiT - Gen. Discussion & Info

Got my platinum a few minutes ago.

Did find a repeatable crash. Using a certain weapon on a certain boss
the chimp gun on Nefarious
causes the game to crash when they were killed.

Overall, a great game, but much like all other ratchets, wish it was a bit longer. Any word on potential DLC coming in the next year or so?

The "thrifty" trophy is supposed to trigger at a million bolts and for some reason I just got it to trigger at just over 900,000. Does it trigger at a million earned period or is it saved up? If it's just earned I'm going to be pissed! I've been purposely conserving cash and playing with limited weaponry waiting to trigger the trophy.

I believe the game counts all the bolts cumulatively, regardless of whether you spend them or not, it should unlock once you collect a million bolts. ;)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's total earned. It says to collect a million bolts, not have a million bolts at once.[/QUOTE]

Well fuck! I handcuffed myself for no reason then!

[quote name='Chitown021']Well fuck! I handcuffed myself for no reason then![/QUOTE]

Well, now you can go on a spending spree. :lol: Although, I'd imagine, leveling up will suck since you probably skipped some weapons to get the money accumulated.
On another note, the last 2 zonis are a pain in the a*** to get. Although, I'm using it as a chance to level up my RYNO before going to kill Nefarious.

[quote name='jonlubbe']Got my platinum a few minutes ago.

Did find a repeatable crash. Using a certain weapon on a certain boss
the chimp gun on Nefarious
causes the game to crash when they were killed.

Overall, a great game, but much like all other ratchets, wish it was a bit longer. Any word on potential DLC coming in the next year or so?[/QUOTE]

Is it basically the same game as pretty much every other Ratchet formula-wise?

[quote name='SuperPhillip']Is it basically the same game as pretty much every other Ratchet formula-wise?[/QUOTE]

pretty much, yeah. But this one feels a lot more polished than the previous ones.

for example, to switch to a utility item in previous ones made you throw that utility item onto your quick weapon select palate, and in this game those non weapons get mapped to your dpad.

The clank stages in this one are actually also pretty great, with the puzzle mechanic (time travel) being lots of fun to explore and never 'too hard' but sometimes can take a while to figure out the hows and whens.

Wish there were more arena combat stages, (only 20 i think, 4 tiers of 5 challenges?) also wish there were one or two more worlds to explore, but overall, really great game, but if you have played the earlier ones, there is not much surprise.

[quote name='dragonjud']Well, now you can go on a spending spree. :lol: Although, I'd imagine, leveling up will suck since you probably skipped some weapons to get the money accumulated.
On another note, the last 2 zonis are a pain in the a*** to get. Although, I'm using it as a chance to level up my RYNO before going to kill Nefarious.[/QUOTE]

That's what I did. I went on a spending spree and bought all the remaining weapons & armor in one shot. I guess I will have some time to upgrade my weapons as I go back for gold bolt pickups & to complete the battle zone. I also need to figure out which space mission I missed. I still haven't triggered the Good Samaritan trophy.

[quote name='Chitown021']Finished the Samaritan trophy this morning. Took me awhile to find it but I guess I missed the "billboard" mission.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, a lot of people say that mission is "glitched", but it's not. There's just a lot of back and forth in that mission.

[quote name='LordKefka06']How does "Quest for Booty" match up against "Tools of Destruction"?[/QUOTE]

One is a three hour game with Ratchet solo that bridges between Tools and Time.

The other is a full-fledged adventure (duh) with hidden bolts, dozen or so planets, and Ratchet and Clank action.

Finally completed this, and while it's definitely polished, and shiny I can't say it's my favorite in the series. I still had a smile on my face the whole time, but Tools of destruction seemed to introduce more ideas than this last one.

The Clank time puzzles were pretty good, but by the time I got to the last one, I was bored. I gladly chose to bypass that last one, regardless of the penalty. More could've been done with the "My blaster runs hot' Quark game. I played it once, and didn't want to touch it again. In comparison, I loved the side scroller that they did in the prior iterations (think it was Up Your Arsenal.)

Loved the RYNO music, but the weapon also felt like it was more powerful in the prior games. Or, maybe I'm just sad to see it all end.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, last night I got a "double KO" while fighting the last boss. We killed each other at the same time. I had to do the fight over but it was enought to trigger the game ending trophies!

[quote name='dragonjud'] Or, maybe I'm just sad to see it all end.[/QUOTE]

It isn't over, the Ratchet and Clank Future series is over. It's either going back to the normal title or some new suffix.

Having the hardest time with Clank time clock memory puzzles. prob just Youtube the solutions for the bolts. overall loved the game.

The last Full Moon Show is the season finale and is a bit of a post-mortem for A Crack in Time, so I jotted some notes from the show:

-They're working on some games for next year, which includes whatever game the North Carolina studio is doing.
-They're happy to get an average review score in the high 80's for their seventh Ratchet & Clank game and are happy to see the Clank and space gameplay get good marks.
-There will be a patch to fix bugs that people experienced, if it hasn't already been released.
-The next step for the series is to get it out to the mainstream, which is what they're working on.
-They're happy with the sales they've seen so far, as they describe it as an evergreen title.
-It's the best selling Ratchet & Clank game so far.
-Described reasons for Tools of Destruction's slow sales as being the result of the PS3's slow, expensive start.
-They mention that Tools was put in a spotlight that introduced new people to the series that never touched it before because of that.
-Quest for Booty took more time to complete than they thought it would, which impacted the beginning of A Crack in Time's development.
-They thought the Clank puzzles were going to be too much for the fans until their first playtest with outside people.
-The space gameplay was originally supposed to be a 2D dual-stick shooter, which was scrapped and eventually resulted in My Blaster Runs Hot.
-Originally had race minigames for the hoverboots that was scrapped due to camera issues.
-Mentioned that Charles Martinet (Mario) voiced Orvus and Nolan North (Nathan Drake) voiced Sigmund.
-There will be nine sets of vinyl Ratchet & Clank figures will be auctioned off with proceeds going to charity over the next few months. Follow them on Twitter, Facebook, etc. for word on when they are available.
-The Ratchet & Clank DC figures will be out in December along with Resistance figures, too.
-They will be going dark until their game is revealed, though they mention there will be blogs from them from time to time.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']-The next step for the series is to get it out to the mainstream, which is what they're working on.[/QUOTE]

This brings two things to mind... the voice of Clank during community day said he would like to see an animated film.

And... an audience member...
asked about a potential R&C collection a la God of War for PS3.... top cheese Ted Price said they can't comment on that right now... quickly followed by a that is not a confirmation or denial.

I am going through Tools now and loving it. Can't wait to start on the other two.

Speaking of what they are working on, parts of their studio were covered with black curtains to keep prying eyes off... usually studios have concept art and what not for the next game hanging about.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
-Originally had race minigames for the hoverboots that was scrapped due to camera issues.
-Mentioned that Charles Martinet (Mario) voiced Orvus and Nolan North (Nathan Drake) voiced Sigmund.
-There will be nine sets of vinyl Ratchet & Clank figures will be auctioned off with proceeds going to charity over the next few months. Follow them on Twitter, Facebook, etc. for word on when they are available.
-The Ratchet & Clank DC figures will be out in December along with Resistance figures, too.
-They will be going dark until their game is revealed, though they mention there will be blogs from them from time to time.[/QUOTE]

- Yeah, two of the are playable in the Insomniac Museum. Although one of the is more of a time-based survival game rather than a race.
- My theory is that Nolan North is in fact the voice actor for all games and he is just a master of disguise.
- I had a 1/6th chance to get an extra set Ryan Schneider had, but I lost. Damn you Tyler!
- I'll be getting the DC figures ASAP, along with the remainder of the comics I'm missing (I only have Issue #0 =/)
- I'll be keeping both my ears open.

Thanks for putting this reminder up, I completely missed this somehow.

EDIT:

@Saint Noir

That'd be David Kaye (the voice actor for Clank). I hate to say it, but he has a very forgettable last name. I was racking my brain for what his last name was until I had to succumb to the mighty internet.

Completed this game for my second platinum earlier this morning. I really enjoyed it. I hope they add some downloadable content for the game down the road. If not I look forward to the next R&C game.

This was my first R&C game, I really loved it. Probably a little too easy, probably because I used the Ryno V a lot. It's definitely a great series, I hope they continue it.

I beat Tools yesterday and grabbed Quest when it was on sale. Will run through that one soon.

Then I will get to play my copy of Crack in Time.

Having a blast thus far.

Maybe I've overlooked something, but is there a way to check to see why a planet is still listed as incomplete - I could have sworn Tools had a counter for gold bolts, and other assorted collectibles, but I sold the game after I beat it two years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm almost done with the game, around the 11 hour mark. I'm currently
Back at Dr. Nefarious place
. Hoping to beat the game this weekend. At first I wasn't liking it anywhere near as much as Tools of Destruction, but now I'm starting to love both about the same. :D

I was going to go for the Platinum but then realized you had to beat the game on hard. I have way too many games to play ATM. I don't feel like playing the game 3 times for a platinum, so I'll get whatever I can on this normal run.

How is challenge mode? Long? Hard?

I am really enjoying the game so far, probably more than I did Tools. I love Insomniac.

Is challenge mode like traditional Ratchet games where you just play the game over again with harder enemies and a bolt multiplier?

[quote name='SuperPhillip']Is challenge mode like traditional Ratchet games where you just play the game over again with harder enemies and a bolt multiplier?[/QUOTE]

Yep, and mega version of each weapon.

[quote name='Blackout']I was going to go for the Platinum but then realized you had to beat the game on hard. I have way too many games to play ATM. I don't feel like playing the game 3 times for a platinum, so I'll get whatever I can on this normal run.

How is challenge mode? Long? Hard?

I am really enjoying the game so far, probably more than I did Tools. I love Insomniac.[/QUOTE]

I thought the challenge mode was much easier and can go much faster than the first run as long as you've already collected all of the goodies in your first run (bolts, Zoni, etc...). Also you don't have to play thru the game one time for each difficulty. When you beat the game you get credit for your difficulty on down. So if you beat it on normal you should also get the trophy for easy. I did my first playthru on hard and I got the trophies for all of the difficulty levels.

[quote name='Chitown021']I thought the challenge mode was much easier and can go much faster than the first run as long as you've already collected all of the goodies in your first run (bolts, Zoni, etc...). Also you don't have to play thru the game one time for each difficulty. When you beat the game you get credit for your difficulty on down. So if you beat it on normal you should also get the trophy for easy. I did my first playthru on hard and I got the trophies for all of the difficulty levels.[/QUOTE]

By 3 playthroughs he means one for Normal, one for Hard, and one for Challenge mode.

However, you should be able to play Challenge Mode on Hard difficulty and get both trophies.

I should probably open this game...my stack is just too big right now. And the sad thing is I know this will be one of my favorites of the year.

[quote name='Devil May Cry']By 3 playthroughs he means one for Normal, one for Hard, and one for Challenge mode.

However, you should be able to play Challenge Mode on Hard difficulty and get both trophies.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what I meant. That would be great if I could get both trophies after beating Challenge Mode on hard. Can anyone confirm this? I've read a few trophy guides that said Challenge Mode only unlocks if you beat the game on Hard though.

Last edited:
[quote name='Blackout']Yeah that's what I meant. That would be great if I could get both trophies after beating Challenge Mode on hard. Can anyone confirm this? I've read a few trophy guides that said Challenge Mode only unlocks if you beat the game on Hard though.[/QUOTE]

I've heard otherwise. You should be able to start a new game on Hard, then pick to start a new game on Challenge mode through the extras menu.

[quote name='Devil May Cry']I've heard otherwise. You should be able to start a new game on Hard, then pick to start a new game on Challenge mode through the extras menu.[/QUOTE]

I'll see if that works once I beat the game on Normal. I think I'm like halfway. I just finished up the Arena.

I just bought Tools of Destruction on Friday, love it, and can't wait to get ACiT.

I just wish Insomniac could have kept developing Spyro titles on the side, which instead they let that once excellent franchise slip to garbage when they gave the developing rights away.

But if R&C is what came from Spyro's demise, I'm happy :)

Anyone know where I can look to get the graphics to look smoother? Think it has to do with the darkenss setting, the lower it is the better... Could be my TV too but this does seem as sharp as I remember it (well not as sharp as the previous game in series).

Gameplay is great though.

[quote name='SuperPhillip']How do I leave the Great Clock as Clank when I return to it to pick up missing gold bolts?[/QUOTE]

You need to get to another teleporter pad (to go to a different Sector) and then go to Sector 5. You can only leave the Great Clock as Ratchet.

When is the point of no return? I have a feeling I'm about to have the boss fight with Nefarious. I'd rather just collect everything beforehand and then beat the game. Does the game tell you?

[quote name='Blackout']When is the point of no return? I have a feeling I'm about to have the boss fight with Nefarious. I'd rather just collect everything beforehand and then beat the game. Does the game tell you?[/QUOTE]

There really isn't a point of no return.
After Nafarious there's actually one more boss fight before you complete the game. Even if you beat the whole game you get an option to either go back just before the final fight to collect all of the goodies or to crate a new "challenge mode" save and play the whole game again keeping all of your weapons.

I've put about 6 hours into this game so far and it's freaking great. If I ever find the time I'll probably go back and pick up Tools of Destruction, but I've got a sizeable backlog now, and it'd be on the back burner anyway since there wouldn't be any trophies.

[quote name='Chitown021']There really isn't a point of no return.
After Nafarious there's actually one more boss fight before you complete the game. Even if you beat the whole game you get an option to either go back just before the final fight to collect all of the goodies or to crate a new "challenge mode" save and play the whole game again keeping all of your weapons.
[/QUOTE]

How does the challenge mode work? Would I have to beat the bosses again to enter into it (if I go back in time to collect stuff)?

bread's done
Back