RE 4 #1 on the charts

I think everyone who wanted Halo 2 got it the first week. Theres been 2 or 3 Halo 2 CEs at my EB since its release. (though i go to an unknown EB, I was the only person who got a DS there when the store opened.)

god damn that's a lot of copies being moved in such a short time, for the cube that's great. It wouldn't surprise me if sales totals, make it pass a million by the end of the year.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I'm surprised that Halo 2 isnt on the top 5 chart.[/quote]

I saw the best seller thing at Gamestop, and it was number 10 for Xbox.

Well, RE4 got amazing reviews and is absolutely beautiful, so I'm not surprised.

By the way, anyone have a copy they're willing to sell me? ^___^?

[quote name='sisco1986']god damn that's a lot of copies being moved in such a short time, for the cube that's great. It wouldn't surprise me if sales totals, make it pass a million by the end of the year.[/quote]

As much as I want this to happen, I don't see this happening. It will probably pass a million if you combine US, European, and Japanese sales, but I don't see it selling that much in one region alone.

I'm somewhat surprised Mercenaries is the #1 title (When you combine platforms), but then again, it was advertised to hell and back on TV around here. But still, it seemed to come almost out of nowhere, like those January horror flicks, who expected it to do that well?

Sweet. It's great to see that, hopefully Capcom will renew their faith in Nintendo, and maybe, just maybe, RE4 will make more people realize that the Cube isn't just for kids.

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']I'm somewhat surprised Mercenaries is the #1 title (When you combine platforms), but then again, it was advertised to hell and back on TV around here. But still, it seemed to come almost out of nowhere, like those January horror flicks, who expected it to do that well?[/quote]

That might be combined PS2 and Xbox sales, this one has xbox and PS2 as seperate.

[quote name='lurknomore']Good job, but I wonder if it sold any systems....probably pre-owned systems, though.[/quote]

Locally i know quite a few New systems were sold....but im curious on overall numbers considering i still see cubes everywhere

For the record, those "Top Title lists" at Gamestop have NOTHING to do with how a game is actually selling. Basically the top 4 or 5 slots are filled with whatever semi hot titles came out that week (We were told to have shaq fuing Rise to Honor as the #1 Top Title) The rest is filled out by stuff that may have been out for a while but is popular, and that's where you'd find Halo 2, and other recent big games.

[quote name='RaekwonThaChef']Sweet. It's great to see that, hopefully Capcom will renew their faith in Nintendo, and maybe, just maybe, RE4 will make more people realize that the Cube isn't just for kids.[/quote]

[quote name='dcfox'][quote name='sisco1986']god damn that's a lot of copies being moved in such a short time, for the cube that's great. It wouldn't surprise me if sales totals, make it pass a million by the end of the year.[/quote]

As much as I want this to happen, I don't see this happening. It will probably pass a million if you combine US, European, and Japanese sales, but I don't see it selling that much in one region alone.[/quote]

yes that's why I mean, world combined sales. I have hope for US sales to top a million, but doubt it will happen maybe close to but not over.

When you consider that San Andreas has been out for over two months and yet is still close behind, the sales numbers don't look quite so good for RE4. Just imagine what sales will be for the PS2 port once all the Sony fanboys get on board.

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']I'm somewhat surprised Mercenaries is the #1 title (When you combine platforms), but then again, it was advertised to hell and back on TV around here. But still, it seemed to come almost out of nowhere, like those January horror flicks, who expected it to do that well?[/quote]
I agree I really didn't see any previews or any hype for this games, but the advertising had to help ALOT!

[quote name='DenisDFat']it's #last on my charts[/quote]

stopp0jd.gif

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']When you consider that San Andreas has been out for over two months and yet is still close behind, the sales numbers don't look quite so good for RE4. Just imagine what sales will be for the PS2 port once all the Sony fanboys get on board.[/quote]

RE4 = Fourth game in a franchise just about ready to keel over from lack of innovation. The GC remake of RE1 and RE0 sold pretty terribly. AND it's on the Gamecube. Resident Evil 4 was the underdog.

GTA: SA = On PS2, thid game this generation in a HUGE series, huge mainstream appeal, Vice City and GTA III sold millions, and everybody wants it. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas was the bully on the schoolyard.

If you expect RE4 to sell better than RE4, your clearly smoking something. But with a market as oversaturated as it's current state is, 300,000 copies in the U.S. is nothing to scoff at.

Man, I get wait to play RE4 on the PS2! Just for that time, RIGHT when you start a new game so it can go:
*dramatic reverb*
Resident Ev *whirrr whirrrrr click click click whirrrrr click*il fo*click click click click whirrrrrrrrrr click whirrr click whirrrrrrrrrr* o*click*o*click whirrrr* our!!!!"

Its great that RE4 is selling so well. As much as I hate the other RE games, I can't wait for the price on RE4 to drop down to $20 so I can get it.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']
stopp0jd.gif
[/quote]

That's tremendous! :lol:

As is RE4. I don't like any of the previous games, but RE4 is fantastic, and deserves every single sale it gets. If it had come out eariler, it would have been a genuine "killer app". As it is, it's a bit late in the day to sell many Cubes, which is a shame, because I doubt the PS2 version will be quite as good.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I can't wait for the price on RE4 to drop down to $20 so I can get it.[/quote]

Why didn't you do the TRU 90% clearance trade-ins to EB for $10 bonus credit deal that everyone was talking about this week? You could have easily gotten RE4 today for less than $20 with a little legwork.

bread's done
Back