Read 5 chapters e-book contest - currently only 4 entries! Win $60 game/pre-order!

[quote name='chrisnsally']
On August 15th, 2011, I'll take the names of everybody who sent me a review, put 'em in a hat, and draw a name. The winner can choose a current game from Amazon.com, up to $59.99 price. I'll order and ship it to them once the contest is over - and will post the winner's name here.[/QUOTE]

I finished the book a couple days back. I really enjoyed it, and I'd pick up the sequel if it were available.

That's great - thanks! The sequel has little work completed...but the prequel is about 1/3rd finished. I actually like it better than Crumb. Waiting to see if the book does well on Amazon before I dedicate the time to keep going...

Drawing will be on Sunday - get your reviews in! So far, only four official entries have been submitted!

[quote name='chrisnsally']Btw - any reviews on amazon would be appreciated. Honest ones, nothing artificially inflated...thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

Working on one as we speak.

[quote name='chrisnsally']
Drawing will be on Sunday - get your reviews in! So far, only four official entries have been submitted![/QUOTE]

I thought the contest ended on the 15th (Monday) from the original post...Has it changed?

Unfortunately I'm just seeing this now and could use the extra day :)

You are absolutely right - it is the 15th...my apologies! I'll draw the name around 8-9PM west coast time (after my kids go to sleep). I'm trying to get Shipwreck to do the drawing, so there's no concerns about any shady name picking. Still haven't heard from him....anybody have any suggestions?

Chris

How long does it take to read the first 5 chapters? I also recently just saw this and still debating if I should do it?

As for the drawing, maybe you can have one of the mods (i.e. shrike4242) help you out.

The chapters are pretty short - I wrote them that way intentionally (I like to keep things moving, what with our shorter attention spans than 30+ years ago!) Folks seem to like that...it's maybe 30 pages or so?

I'll check w/ Shrike next....thanks for the suggestion!
Chris

Bump 1

Only 5 official entries in!

Strell has agreed to do the name draw and post the result here on Monday night. A big thanks to a founding CAG member!

I'll be submitting mine either late tonight or at the last minute tomorrow. Got completely sidetracked after the first 4 chapters...

Again, I appreciate the support from you fellow CAGs - I don't know if this book will ever actually become popular, but it's your initial reviews and word of mouth that keep me hoping!

Chris

When's the drawing for this? Do I still have time to get my review in? My apologies on the delay but I completely forgot about it as my 10 month old does not allow me much computer time at home so I mostly do this at work lol.

Thanks!

And with that said, my review is in sir! Thanks for the chance to win.

*Edit* Sent you a second, more detailed review. I think it's only fair.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay - it's past 8PM, so I've sent the names to STRELL who will be drawing one and posting the winner shortly around 9PM.

I wanted to thank everyone for their feedback and support - and let folks know that we raised $40 for Child's Play charity (which I'll be sending out tonight/tomorrow).

I also wanted to let folks know that I'll be running a second contest - this one for reading the book, and posting a review on Amazon.com. You need to send me your Amazon user-name PRIOR to posting the review (so I can verify you are YOU). The winner will receive a game of their choice from a list of games I'll post in the contest thread. Hope you'll all enter! (Since you already bought the book!)

Chris

[COLOR=#333333 !important]Hello Chris Huntington,[/COLOR]

You sent a payment of $40.00 USD to Child's Play ([email protected])

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.

Merchant
Child's Play
[email protected]
Instructions to merchant
You haven't entered any instructions.Shipping address - confirmed
Chris Huntington

Shipping details
The seller hasn’t provided any shipping details yet.DescriptionUnit priceQtyAmountChilds+Play+Charity
$40.00 USD1$40.00 USDSubtotal$40.00 USD[COLOR=#333333 !important]Total[/COLOR]$40.00 USD[COLOR=#333333 !important]Payment[/COLOR]$40.00 USDCharge will appear on your credit card statement as "PAYPAL *CHILDSPLAY"
Payment sent to [email protected]

There's a chance he's on the East Coast...I'm not sure. If he hasn't posted by the AM, I'll find another CAG veteran as a backup...my apologies!

Chris

I don't have access to CAG (or any decent websites) while at work (they have us on uber-filter). If Strell hasn't posted a winner by this afternoon (west coast time), I'll find an alternate. Or, if folks don't care, I can pull a name myself - again, I just don't want anyone crying foul about how the names were drawn...

And the winner is........BudzMcGee!

I got post it notes, wrote the names, and folded them all three times so the shapes were identical. I shuffled them around and picked a name at random with my eyes closed (names were not visible anyway).

Congratulations BudzMcGee!

I wish I could have made this process more extravagent, and perhaps a tad more timely (I'm in TX and had gone to bed early beacuse of work last night), seeing that a few people wanted an answer a bit more quickly.

bread's done
Back