Record of Agarest War Naughty Edition for Xbox 360 - $56.57 (price drop)

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']See, my girlfriend actually really wants to play this game with me. This is why I love my gal. :D[/QUOTE]

Haha, must be nice. Ever since seeing me play Star Ocean: The Last Hope back when it came out (the first JRPG she'd seen me play, because I had dropped out of gaming for a while in grad school when I had more important things like food to spend my money on, and was just getting back into it at that point), she's referred to any even vaguely anime-type game as me "playing with my dolls." :roll:

Of course, I think this is probably because her first exposure to any anime culture at all was seeing (and being creeped out by) my former roommate's (actual) anime doll collection. Hell, I've been playing JRPGs since sometime around the early Phantasy Star games, have watched anime for years now, have been to several anime conventions, etc., and even I found his collection kind of creepy!

[quote name='arcane93']Hell, I've been playing JRPGs since sometime around the early Phantasy Star games, have watched anime for years now, have been to several anime conventions, etc., and even I found his collection kind of creepy![/QUOTE]

Sorry man, I just really enjoyed having them displayed so seeing their panties was within easy reach. Didn't have to crouch that way ;)

[quote name='Vortextk']Sorry man, I just really enjoyed having them displayed so seeing their panties was within easy reach. Didn't have to crouch that way ;)[/QUOTE]

Haha -- it wasn't even the individual dolls themselves, or their poses, or anything like that that was particularly creepy. It was the sheer quantity of them. I wouldn't be surprised if they numbered in the hundreds. He had just about every available surface in his room covered with them. Small, scantily-clad plastic girls everywhere you looked.

In some ways, I feel responsible. I gave him his first disc of Ranma episodes, and it all went downhill from there. ;)

[quote name='kanedags']We made to illustrate the size of the box and what you're about to get into when you pick it up at GameStop. Check it!

http://www.aksysgames.com/2010/04/26/its-so-huge/[/QUOTE]

Excellent! Damn it is big though.

[quote name='arcane93'] I gave him his first disc of Ranma episodes, and it all went downhill from there. ;)[/QUOTE]

So he got into anime from you and in the next few years, or however long, bought that many? That's crazy. Even cheap ones are what..20 or 30 or something. Nice(but not donald trump nice) from 50-100? Funny seeing someone develop so fast. Don't feel too guilty though. If he got into the hobby so hard quickly you filled an empty hole in him he never knew how to fill.....with plastic boobies.

Dang. Mine is back ordered from GS as well. I should have just done Amazon. I'm in no hurry to get it, but I'd feel better if I knew I was going to get one.

EDIT: There is a pending charge from GS on my bank statement, so perhaps it will go through. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grrrrr. Should I just order from Amazon and cancel my GS order? I'd be saving 13 bucks from GS, but who knows if it will even ship. It seems Amazon has at least 999 copies left in stock...

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Tell me why the fuck it says record of agarest war is backordered when I preordered it a month ago! fuck this![/QUOTE]

Patience grasshopper.

To think, you'll probably make a video of you saying that you finally got it and wish you got it for a penny just like your guides. :roll:

On topic: Mine shipped from Amazon today as well. :D

--Michael

I ordered from Gamestop online with the 25off code and checked my account on the website just now and it shows SHIPPED! I had free value shipping but it looks like I got an upgrade to UPS.

Am I only one where my order status still shows verifying?

I wonder if that is the case because the game is the only one that is going to ship now out of my entire order of 4?

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Yeah, mine changed to shipped from gamestop.com. Why don't you check your Order History, Fire_Thief? ;P[/QUOTE]

YES! It is shipped!!! :D

This is amazing. I'll deff make a video showing this babe off.

Mine has shipped from GameStop now as well. UPS tracking is showing a scheduled delivery date of Wednesday -- not too bad!

superdry -- I had two other pre-orders on my order that haven't shipped yet as well, so I don't think that's probably the reason. If it doesn't change by, say, tomorrow afternoon, you may want to call them.

[quote name='superdry']Am I only one where my order status still shows verifying?

I wonder if that is the case because the game is the only one that is going to ship now out of my entire order of 4?[/QUOTE]

My order had both Deathsmiles and Agarest War showing as "verifying" since I placed the order with the 25OFF coupon a few weeks ago, but now says "shipped" for Agarest and "Pre-order Ships 6/29/2010" for Deathsmiles. I would imagine it'll change sometime today for you too.

[quote name='superdry']Am I only one where my order status still shows verifying?

I wonder if that is the case because the game is the only one that is going to ship now out of my entire order of 4?[/QUOTE]
Did you order anything else in stock with it? I think that that is required.

Oh geez, both my Amazon and GS orders of Record of Agarest War LE shipped. I thought that GS was going to cancel my order because I used that 25OFF coupon. What to do with 2 copies? haha

[quote name='arcane93']Hell, I've been playing JRPGs since sometime around the early Phantasy Star games, have watched anime for years now, have been to several anime conventions, etc., and even I found his collection kind of creepy![/QUOTE]

You wouldn't want to see my collection then, lol. My girl's pretty deep into anime and RPGs too so that helps.

So, the question is... who will you all Soul Breed with first? :lol:

[quote name='erectiontown']i don't even want it :oops:[/QUOTE]

just hold on to it for a bit and ebay it, i completely forgot and it cost me ordering LBP GOTY and GTAIV Episodes from GS =/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Fire_Thief']YES! It is shipped!!! :D

This is amazing. I'll deff make a video showing this babe off.[/QUOTE]

You should record your girlfriend's reaction as you open it ;)

Anybody else order from GoGamer? My status says it's "on hold" but I don't really know what that means or when they'll ship...

[quote name='kk012']Oh geez, both my Amazon and GS orders of Record of Agarest War LE shipped. I thought that GS was going to cancel my order because I used that 25OFF coupon. What to do with 2 copies? haha[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. Hopefully I can break even selling off the full price one.

[quote name='kk012']Oh geez, both my Amazon and GS orders of Record of Agarest War LE shipped. I thought that GS was going to cancel my order because I used that 25OFF coupon. What to do with 2 copies? haha[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Tom Ato']I'm in the same boat. Hopefully I can break even selling off the full price one.[/QUOTE]

You could always return the GameStop copy to a GameStop store. I know that's not the ideal solution since the GameStop copy is the discounted one, but it might still be better than just being stuck with both of them.

Well, I just broke down and ordered another one from Gamestop. I've never been much of a collector, but the sex appeal this edition brings will HAVE to give it some value in the next couple of years... Right?

[quote name='token2k6']are there any reviews for this game? will IGN cover it?? I want to see some video footage of the gameplay..[/QUOTE]

There are some gameplay videos on Youtube. I haven't really checked them out (trying to avoid spoilers), so I don't know how good they are, but I'd imagine they'd give you at least some idea.

received my cheap lunar LE from amazon and this from gamestop today... what a great day! Not to mention my brother wanted one too so I ordered 2 with 25% off.

Gah! Stupid Amazon FSS shipping. They seem to purposely take their time before shipping anything. Ordered Jan 28th and have shipping est of May 3. ; ;

[quote name='Chuplayer']Anybody else get two pillowcases in theirs? I'm so lucky![/QUOTE]
Hax!

Haven't played a SRPG since Final Fantasy Tactics on PS1, hope this don't disappoint!

[quote name='Chuplayer']Anybody else get two pillowcases in theirs? I'm so lucky![/QUOTE]
Mine arrives tomorrow, but two?! What the...wait. Maybe they know how messy the first one will get...:whee:

[quote name='mitnosi']Hax!

Haven't played a SRPG since Final Fantasy Tactics on PS1, hope this don't disappoint![/QUOTE]
You will be disappointed by everything SRPG after FFT. That game and Ogre Tactics spoiled me so rotten.

bread's done
Back