Record of Agarest War Naughty Edition for Xbox 360 - $56.57 (price drop)

On a hilarious note, GameStop sent out an email to stores last night telling us to keep the game in backstock and not display it on shelves. And this game got a Teen rating! :rofl:

EDIT: Just saw this post: [quote name='IeclipticI']At work today (Gamestop) we got an email from our DM asking us to be sure we keep this behind the counter and only show it to people asking about it. Found that hilarious Lol. Especially since the game is rated T.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SirChadlyOC']On a hilarious note, GameStop sent out an email to stores last night telling us to keep the game in backstock and not display it on shelves. And this game got a Teen rating! :rofl:

EDIT: Just saw this post:[/QUOTE]

LOL

I can imagine this getting super cheap at GS but nobody knowing about it.

[quote name='SirChadlyOC']On a hilarious note, GameStop sent out an email to stores last night telling us to keep the game in backstock and not display it on shelves. And this game got a Teen rating! :rofl:

EDIT: Just saw this post:[/QUOTE]

yeah, and i guess someone took a pic of their database?
http://i43.tinypic.com/2s9zp06.jpg

Still waiting on Amazon to ship mine and I ordered January 26; it now says delivery eta of April 30. WTF? Prime has been shit for me lately. Maybe I'll just grab one from Fry's today and return the Amazon order (can't cancel because it's been "preparing to ship" for 3 fucking days now).

Completely forgot about this game. Just placed my order through amazon a few minutes ago. Expected to get it by May 4th or so.

I got mine from Gamestop, they got 3 in total, all were creased, and 2 were crushed, so I was able to get the only one that wasnt crushed

[quote name='eau']Amazon ships this in a box, right? Still so many crushed, creased cases?[/QUOTE]

A lot of the inside of the box looks to be empty after watching unboxing videos so I am not surprised.

Mine came in a box with those bags of air on the side and top of the game. A few creases, no crushing though.

The box smells..weird, maybe because of the mousepad and materials? The middle was pushing out at the sides but the mousepad is huge compared to the box. Kind of expected I guess and while I wouldn't mind the box looking better, it's not awful.

Used mousepads with gel before but lol this feels awkward. That dip in the middle....atleast at first, I can't help but thinking what my hand is resting on since either a normal mousepad or regular gel one would be flat low or flat high on your wrist.

Fun times.

[quote name='Reimu']Looks like UPS is being lazy, so I won't be getting mine until tomorrow :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Same here -- what the hell? Their tracking info says "out for delivery" and their site says that deliveries are done "by close of business for commercial addresses." Yet it's after 5, and the people that usually receive packages at the front desk have more than likely gone home by now. So when the UPS guy does finally decide to show up, no one will be there. When do they think "close of business" is, exactly?

The UPS shipping center that this is being delivered out of is literally directly across the street (the window in my old office on the other side of the building looked right out onto it), so there's no excuse for this. I hate UPS almost as much as I hate USPS (at least UPS hasn't ever managed to lose a $100 package of mine yet, which puts them above USPS in my book, but that's about the best I can say for them).

Edit: After 5:30, and they're still not here. I can't stick around any longer because I have an appointment to get to. Guess I'll (hopefully, if they're more on schedule) be getting it tomorrow instead. Damn you, UPS!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eau']Amazon ships this in a box, right? Still so many crushed, creased cases?[/QUOTE]

The box mine was shipped in wasn't big enough to protect it and it seems AKSYS overstuffed the fragile box with goodies.

[quote name='Vortextk']The box smells..weird, maybe because of the mousepad and materials? The middle was pushing out at the sides but the mousepad is huge compared to the box. Kind of expected I guess and while I wouldn't mind the box looking better, it's not awful.[/QUOTE]
I could imagine folks who would buy this used would begin to wonder what the naughty smells were...:twisted:

So I'm wondering, for those people who bought to resell, how much would it cost to ship this thing?

I would imagine this being of the items where shipping may eat up nearly all of your profits. :)

[quote name='IeclipticI']At work today (Gamestop) we got an email from our DM asking us to be sure we keep this behind the counter and only show it to people asking about it. Found that hilarious Lol. Especially since the game is rated T.[/QUOTE]

This makes me more likely to wait -- if it's not out on display, chances are that it's not going to sell as well. If it doesn't sell as well, it's more likely to drop in price quickly...

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']So I'm wondering, for those people who bought to resell, how much would it cost to ship this thing?

I would imagine this being of the items where shipping may eat up nearly all of your profits. :)[/QUOTE]

Not really. While I didnt buy to resell I can see where its possible to resell for profit easily. The box really isnt that big, and out the door with the gamestop deal a few weeks back I got my copy for $45. There is a good chance in the long run this hovers at $50-$60 if its not that limited and if it is indeed limited $100. I think it makes it a safe bet to at least get your money back.

[quote name='arcane93']
Edit: After 5:30, and they're still not here. I can't stick around any longer because I have an appointment to get to. Guess I'll (hopefully, if they're more on schedule) be getting it tomorrow instead. Damn you, UPS![/QUOTE]

Mine just arrived at 6:38 PM. My tracking information still says "Arrival scan," so I was a bit surprised.

I got mine today from EB the box was in better shape then I expected but when I took all the items out my mousepad is damaged:bomb: It looks like ink dripped on it around the edges. Should I email EB or aksysgames.

[quote name='rust in peace']I got mine today from EB the box was in better shape then I expected but when I took all the items out my mousepad is damaged:bomb: It looks like ink dripped on it around the edges. Should I email EB or aksysgames.[/QUOTE]
That will be a weird email. "My boobie mousepad has ink on it!" But I guess maybe aksys, unless your think EB will exchange yours.

[quote name='Reimu']Mine just arrived at 6:38 PM. My tracking information still says "Arrival scan," so I was a bit surprised.[/QUOTE]

Heh, must be nice. Apparently they tried to deliver mine at 6:29pm, but of course by then everyone in the office (at least anyone in the vicinity of the front desk) was, as I expected, long gone. Hopefully they're a little more timely in their delivery attempt tomorrow.

[quote name='rust in peace']I got mine today from EB the box was in better shape then I expected but when I took all the items out my mousepad is damaged:bomb: It looks like ink dripped on it around the edges. Should I email EB or aksysgames.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much was aksys's fault. Mine had glue on it....at least I hope it's glue...

My mousepad was slightly damaged as well. I emailed Aksys and they're sending a replacement.

Unrelated to the damage, this thing is not very comfortable for me to use. Maybe I'm... doing it wrong? But it's just a wrist-rest, so I don't understand how that could be. I feel like it cuts off circulation to my hand or something crazy.

[quote name='djduke316']Pretty much was aksys's fault. Mine had glue on it....at least I hope it's glue...[/QUOTE]
I just emailed them about it with pics. Kinda annoyed since by box came in pretty good shape which shocked me.

[quote name='mitnosi']That will be a weird email. "My boobie mousepad has ink on it!" But I guess maybe aksys, unless your think EB will exchange yours.[/QUOTE]

lol...so wrong.

Got mine from Amazon, the Amazon box was badly smashed on one corner so some of the Agarest box was a little creased. Nothing terrible but you can tell it's not mint. Everything inside was fine.

That's one good thing about ordering it from GameStop, at least. If it shows up with any outwardly visible sign of damage at all, it's going straight to the store to exchange for another copy. Would be nice if they'd made these a little less flimsy to begin with, though.

Does anyone think there is much of a point in trying to return creased/small indented copies of the game? It seems like a lot of us are complaining about it, so I am wondering if chances are 50% or better to just get another damaged copy.

man, IDK what I was thinking about this game..I got it 100% b/c of this thread and the 'uniqueness' of the CE. Well, it doesn't seem like its gonna be rare (if Amazon still has copies readily available) and all you do is take turns playing on a board like level? (yes, I've never played a JRPG before) I thought there would be more to it than that..I could have sworn I read some people say it was like a 'girlfriend simulator' or something and that had me intrigued..

I got my copy in yesterday from Amazon, it was fine, not too bulging, not creased or dented, it had air bubble packaging all around it. Now I'm srsly debating returning it b/c I really don't think I'll spin it, and if its not going to increase in value, then why hold onto it? does anybody think it will be worth something??

[quote name='MSI Magus']Does anyone think there is much of a point in trying to return creased/small indented copies of the game? It seems like a lot of us are complaining about it, so I am wondering if chances are 50% or better to just get another damaged copy.[/QUOTE]

With mail order, it's a toss-up. If Amazon (or whoever) damaged one copy in packing it, there's nothing to say they won't damage another equally badly or even worse. If you got it from GameStop, exchanging it at the store will at the very least give you the chance to see that what you're getting is in better condition.

Man, thinking about it like that, I might start getting most of my LEs from GameStop from now on . . .

[quote name='erectiontown']so how has actually played this game yet? is it actually any good?[/QUOTE]

Did you play Cross Edge? This is pretty much the game made before Cross Edge same menus, attacks, skills, items. The gameplay is on a grid though, but if Cross Edge infuriated you (as it did me) expect the same. I'm pretty disappointed.

[quote name='Tom Ato']Did you play Cross Edge? This is pretty much the game made before Cross Edge same menus, attacks, skills, items. The gameplay is on a grid though, but if Cross Edge infuriated you (as it did me) expect the same. I'm pretty disappointed.[/QUOTE]

The battle system is a lot less maddening in Agarest than Cross Edge IMO.

[quote name='robpe36']Somehow this game is only rated T and not AO?[/QUOTE]
No console game has ever had AO rating in North America I think.

[quote name='token2k6']man, IDK what I was thinking about this game..I got it 100% b/c of this thread and the 'uniqueness' of the CE. Well, it doesn't seem like its gonna be rare (if Amazon still has copies readily available) and all you do is take turns playing on a board like level? (yes, I've never played a JRPG before) I thought there would be more to it than that..I could have sworn I read some people say it was like a 'girlfriend simulator' or something and that had me intrigued..

I got my copy in yesterday from Amazon, it was fine, not too bulging, not creased or dented, it had air bubble packaging all around it. Now I'm srsly debating returning it b/c I really don't think I'll spin it, and if its not going to increase in value, then why hold onto it? does anybody think it will be worth something??[/QUOTE]

Gambling that modern games are going to go up in value is pure stupidity. There are literally only a small number of games that have maintained or increased in value in the past few years and I really doubt this will be one of them. While it's distribution was somewhat limited, so is its potential market. If you're buying games for reasons other than you are interested in playing them, you will be consistently disappointed.

Amazon has put this clause on their product page now.

Discontinued by manufacturer: Yes

It could be limited...

[quote name='arcane93']With mail order, it's a toss-up. If Amazon (or whoever) damaged one copy in packing it, there's nothing to say they won't damage another equally badly or even worse. If you got it from GameStop, exchanging it at the store will at the very least give you the chance to see that what you're getting is in better condition.

Man, thinking about it like that, I might start getting most of my LEs from GameStop from now on . . .[/QUOTE]

Thing is that stuff still has to be shipped to gamestop in the first place. Most of this seems to be less that its getting damaged in shipping because of badly handled packages and more that the box the CE comes in is flimsy and not packed terribly well resulting in the damage. My guess is that most of what gamestop will have in store is going to be similar. Still though, I may try for a replacement copy.

On a different note I dont get all the complaining about price drops. First off this JUST came out, wait and see what happens. Second off this is the nature of the game anymore! CE's just do not hold or sky rocket in value the way they use to, so yes its nice when they jump in price, but you have to expect they are not going to 9/10 times anymore. Finally, if you guys were smart you would have got these on discount anyways. I paid $45 for my copy so even if it ends up like Growlanser Generations which hovered at $30 forever(and still was last I checked)then yes it sucks your out $15 compared to what you could have played, but you still got a really nice collection piece at a fair price.

Like I said guys, this is just the nature of the game anymore. You have to accept that 90% of CE are going to drop in value at least a little. It means you have the choice of waiting for price drops on all of them and hoping you dont miss out on the one that does sky rocket in value, or you have to buy them all ;)

[quote name='MSI Magus']Thing is that stuff still has to be shipped to gamestop in the first place. Most of this seems to be less that its getting damaged in shipping because of badly handled packages and more that the box the CE comes in is flimsy and not packed terribly well resulting in the damage. My guess is that most of what gamestop will have in store is going to be similar. Still though, I may try for a replacement copy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm not saying that it will be better, just that you can actually see what you're getting and make a decision whether it's better or not. To some extent, it probably depends on how bad the one you've got is. If you have to send it back, then you're stuck with whatever you get in return, even if it turns out to be worse.

[quote name='eau']Amazon has put this clause on their product page now.

Discontinued by manufacturer: Yes

It could be limited...[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what Blazblue said after release. It just means they did one run of the limited edition. That's not any indication that it will be rare.

bread's done
Back